Upcoming Vic state election.

Shooting in the news and political arena.

Upcoming Vic state election.

Post by Crankycant » 24 Oct 2018, 7:52 pm

Good afternoon,
I really wanted to touch on the Vic state election next month, as I've never voted before :? Yes I have been of age for many of years but don't need any ridicule about that as have been an anti voter and never liked the thought of the govt telling me what I have to do at every turn. Long story short first preference is Shooters Fishers and Farmers for obvious reasons the leftard greens won't get a run in, but what about the in between who else is willing and wanting to protect our interests when it comes to our hunting/sporting. Would really like to hear every bodies insights on this matter.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, promoted by mainstream media, which
holds forth that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Crankycant
Private
Private

Victoria

Re: Upcoming Vic state election.

Post by AZZA'S HJ47 » 24 Oct 2018, 10:56 pm

Doesn't matter what way you vote. Every pro gun vote we get helps and you never know maybe enough people do the right thing perhaps your candidate will get through.
Why So Serious?
Sako Varmint Stainless 243
Marlin 917v Stainless
Lithgow La101 .22
1917 BSA 303 (ted)
Finnish Vkt 1944 M39
Tikka T3X Super Varmint Satinless 223
Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70
Howa 1500 Stainless 308
BSA CF2 222 Remington
Colt 1911 9mm
Adler 12G
AZZA'S HJ47
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Growler » 25 Oct 2018, 4:43 am

Liberal Democrats claim to be on "our side"
Just the necessity
Growler
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by Crankycant » 25 Oct 2018, 5:59 am

Yeah I read there policies on firearms and self defence they seem legit on the outside hopefully the stick with there guns in more ways than one.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, promoted by mainstream media, which
Crankycant
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by wrenchman » 25 Oct 2018, 8:35 am

we have mid terms comeing up next month here in the states i hope you guys do well its looking like we might do good here for shooting and hunting
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

United States of America

Post by Crankycant » 25 Oct 2018, 9:09 am

We just need to stand arm in arm like you guys in the states and we will do all right out of it I think. There's been a bit of a resurgence with people joining the sport lately hopefully it's a good sign.
Crankycant
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 25 Oct 2018, 9:14 am

AZZA'S HJ47 wrote:Doesn't matter what way you vote. Every pro gun vote we get helps and you never know maybe enough people do the right thing perhaps your candidate will get through.

+1 the problem with Australia these days is we have a lot of people not happy with the way the country’s going, but a lot of people don’t vote. When asked why didn’t you vote, they say “my vote won’t make a difference “. With thousands of people saying the same thing, that’s the problem :unknown:
bigrich
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by marksman » 25 Oct 2018, 1:02 pm

one guy I would definitely vote for is Jeff Bourman MLC
he took the time to write a letter to thank me for supporting his private members bill by signing his suppressor e-petition

http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/news/v ... 1540436184

this guy with the shooters fishers and farmers has done a heap for us shooters :drinks: :drinks:
marksman
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Homer » 25 Oct 2018, 2:32 pm

G'Day Fella's,

Great to hear CrankyCant.
+1 to whats been said above.

D'oh!
Homer
Homer
Corporal
Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Post by Ziad » 25 Oct 2018, 5:21 pm

I got the letter as well.... that's nearly 6000 letters, looks like he just spent his postal allowance. Well anyway +1 from me
Blame it on the phone auto correct
Ziad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Ziad » 25 Oct 2018, 5:22 pm

Btw just heard their ad on radio, but it needs more oomph
Ziad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Crankycant » 25 Oct 2018, 6:47 pm

I got the letter from jeff bourman too and this has been the first reply I've ever had from a pollie I'm happy to have a bloke like Jeff supporting us on the front line with these issues. I agree with you bigrich just took me while get my stubborn head out of my ass and realise the bigger picture and stop voting in these Wang's by not voting at all
Crankycant
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 25 Oct 2018, 7:11 pm

Crankycant wrote:I got the letter from jeff bourman too and this has been the first reply I've ever had from a pollie I'm happy to have a bloke like Jeff supporting us on the front line with these issues. I agree with you bigrich just took me while get my stubborn head out of my ass and realise the bigger picture and stop voting in these Wang's by not voting at all

that's it CC, if you don't vote, your vote by default goes to the party in power. it scares me what might happen if labor get in. i think their getting as bad as the greens :thumbsdown:
bigrich
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Ziad » 25 Oct 2018, 10:35 pm

What giving away 1billion digressions to cancel the contract to building a road that we need that want with its right in paper.

The basterdization of cfa and mfb, and pandering to the union boss, as if he is either his God, or is being blackmailed...or maybe they do the jiggidy jiggidy together.

Or building a tunnel that goes from M1 to nowhere, which was requested by no one, was wanted by no one, only dreamt up by a monopolistic corporation that is intent in lining its pockets and only wanted to build the tunnel so it doesn't have to hand over their cash cow citylink early and pay super profits tax cuz they making so much money.

Or how they building these rail overhead crossings without doing any needs analysis.

Ohh I could go on.... but why bother, Matthew Guy sounds not much better
Ziad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Crankycant » 28 Oct 2018, 5:50 pm

Labour is the greens in disguise bigrich. I feel what your saying for sure.
Crankycant
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Bigjobss » 29 Oct 2018, 1:54 pm

Growler wrote:Liberal Democrats claim to be on "our side"

I am happy that the snake Latham left them recently but I am still not convinced, I got the supressor letter too and thats enough for me!
Bigjobss
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Sarco » 29 Oct 2018, 8:21 pm

Unfortunately, I suspect there will be a plethora of candidates in every upper and lower house seat who do not have a hope in hell of getting elected. But what they do is draw protest votes that then distribute preferences where they have been planned to go and therefore, unlikely candidates win Eg. the federal seat of Wentworth, sixteen candidates but only two that really had any chance. The rest to distribute around preferences. Sharma picked up 43% of primary votes to Phelps 29% but thanks to the preference deals, Phelps wins.

Sarco
Sarco
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Jäger » 19 Nov 2018, 2:39 pm

Crankycant wrote:Good afternoon,
I really wanted to touch on the Vic state election next month, as I've never voted before :? Yes I have been of age for many of years but don't need any ridicule about that as have been an anti voter and never liked the thought of the govt telling me what I have to do at every turn. Long story short first preference is Shooters Fishers and Farmers for obvious reasons the leftard greens won't get a run in, but what about the in between who else is willing and wanting to protect our interests when it comes to our hunting/sporting. Would really like to hear every bodies insights on this matter.

You have two sets of ballot papers.
The small one (Legislative Assembly)
, and the long one (Legislative Council)

The small one is the one where a majority forms government.
In my district, there are four choices.
Liberal, Labor, Greens and Animal Justice. Yikes! right?

Well, Animal Justice and Greens at the bottom. :D
For my thinking, Andrews, who has been Premier since 2014, has been okay, and from a firearms ownership and hunting perspective here in Vic, seems to have taken a position of, it's working and will let it go as it has been. They opened up National Parks for Deer hunting too remember.

Matthew Guy, the person who had lobster with the mobster if you remember, clearly an authoritarian given his well published views. You know how you get those evangelicals who spend their whole life preaching about anti-gay things, and one day, it turns out they are gay themselves? The penny drops and you say, "oh right, 'thats' why he was saying that." It's a deflection. How could someone so anti-gay, be gay.
That's what I get from Guy with his, tough on crime, lock everyone up, you fart, you go to jail, rhetoric.
Sure, he didn't know he was having dinner with one of biggest names in Vic crime :allegedly: or the brown paper bag donation either. :roll:

So, for me, better the Devil you know. ALP, LNP, Green, Animal Justice, for the short ballot.

As far as the long ballot goes, I'm putting Fiona Patten's Reason party first (P on my ballot).
She's been in for the last four years and is one of the few hard working politicians and has done some fantastic things.
She's a minor party and works with both major sides to get important legislation passed. I think she should be rewarded this election with hopefully, an increased vote.

I'm putting Shooters and Fishers Second, Country Third and the rest I'll keep to myself, suffice to say, ALP, LNP, Lib Dems, Hinch, Greens, Animal, Lab DLP, ALA, all feature on the bottom.
Last edited by Jäger on 19 Nov 2018, 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jäger
Private
Private

-

Next

Return to Media and politics