Upcoming Vic state election.

Shooting in the news and political arena.

Re: Upcoming Vic state election.

Post by Jäger » 19 Nov 2018, 2:45 pm

Crankycant wrote:Labour is the greens in disguise bigrich. I feel what your saying for sure.

That's not really true.
Andrews has said he will not do a deal with the Greens because of their treatment of women within their party.

Bigrich is saying it scares him if labor get in, but he's confusing state and federal politics.
Labor are already in here in Vic for these past years. It's hasn't been too bad here despite the bs scaremongering going on. As I said in my previous post, better the devil you know.
Jäger
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Daddybang » 19 Nov 2018, 3:59 pm

Jäger wrote:
Crankycant wrote:Labour is the greens in disguise bigrich. I feel what your saying for sure.

That's not really true.
Andrews has said he will not do a deal with the Greens because of their treatment of women within their party.

Bigrich is saying it scares him if labor get in, but he's confusing state and federal politics.
Labor are already in here in Vic for these past years. It's hasn't been too bad here despite the bs scaremongering going on. As I said in my previous post, better the devil you know.

No bigrich is goin by whats happening in qld where.labour has almost completely f@#ked our state and has gone arm in arm with the greens to bring in or oppose sensible legislation(see the California fires thread for examples). As an outsider looking at Victoria and goin by our experience up here andrews and vic labour will promise the earth and condemn the greens and then screw ya's hard by getting into bed.or worse yet copying greens policies to gain votes from them.
Best of luck with it all. :thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Jäger » 19 Nov 2018, 4:07 pm

The point is State politics has nothing to do with Federal politics and shouldn't be conflated.
Vic Labor isn't the party trying to get in, they already were in. We already know what they are and have been doing. They already, previously didn't do a deal with the Greens and they won't because of the Greens "toxic culture towards women".
Your State Labor party has nothing to do with our State Labor party.
You only need to look at the difference between the laws in WA compared to the East to know that.
Jäger
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Daddybang » 19 Nov 2018, 4:21 pm

Mate if you are happy with that slimy little puke thats running ya state then thats great best of luck with it all as I said I can see from the outside lots of similarities between the idiots up here and the lot you've got but as ya said it's your choice not mine :drinks:
Daddybang
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Jäger » 19 Nov 2018, 4:37 pm

Yes, having lived here a very long time, the State is being run 'fine' at the moment. I also say that as a lifelong Liberal voter up until the last election.
The alternative is very dangerous, and I'm not using that term lightly.
Jäger
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Baronvonrort » 19 Nov 2018, 4:52 pm

Crankycant wrote:Good afternoon,
I really wanted to touch on the Vic state election next month, as I've never voted before :? Yes I have been of age for many of years but don't need any ridicule about that as have been an anti voter and never liked the thought of the govt telling me what I have to do at every turn. Long story short first preference is Shooters Fishers and Farmers for obvious reasons the leftard greens won't get a run in, but what about the in between who else is willing and wanting to protect our interests when it comes to our hunting/sporting. Would really like to hear every bodies insights on this matter.

A few decades ago I decided to enrol to vote, many friends said I was mad if I did that then I would have to vote in every election. I understand why some people couldn't be bothered with voting.

The Liberal Democrats always get my vote, David Leyonhjelm has always supported us and in WA young Aaron Stonehouse is doing a great job
.https://www.ldp.org.au/firearms

One Nation with Pauline are ok with hunters and firearms, I suspect David Oldfield who along with his wife are pistol shooters wrote this response about our gun laws in 1997
http://gwb.com.au/onenation/speeches/sept97b.html

Senator Bridget McKenzie from the Nationals is a firearm owner and supports us, she was fantastic in the Senate Inquiry into illicit firearms the Greens started, I hope she retains her seat
Baronvonrort
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Baronvonrort » 19 Nov 2018, 6:55 pm

Elections are usually very close between the 2 major parties, it's those who are prepared to swing with their vote who change the result as those rusted onto labor liberals greens etc just cancel each other out.

Shooters Union of Australia support the Liberal Democrats.
https://www.facebook.com/ShootersUnionOfAustralia/

I accept some might not like some of the policies of the Liberal Democrats, they have always been firearm friendly David Leyonhjlem was a Liberal and quit that party when he had to hand in his AR15 and Fn Fal, he did stick up for us with the Adler debacle.
Their foreign aid policy in enough for me to vote for them.
https://www.ldp.org.au/foreign_aid

It's amusing how some claim the LDP firearm policy is holding them back when the SFFP have 9 elected members compared to 2 from the LDP.

For me it's always SFFP and LDP at 1 and 2, Katter One Nation etc would be third. Senator Bridget McKenzie is the only National I would vote for.
Baronvonrort
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Ziad » 19 Nov 2018, 8:44 pm

Jaeger mate.... all I say is whaaaat

Let me run it down, both are s**t options. But

Mathew guy, is doing whatever and say whatever to get into power. Is typical politician. But I'd only given two options I'll choose him. Why you ask.

Dan the man who did, wasted 1.2billion dollars to NOT build a road that is needed. Saying the tunnels would cause issues.
So goes on to build a train tunnel, with similar objections.
Allowed transurban to tax motorists for an extra 20 years to build a 5billion dollar tunnel that will not be used much at all, as it goes to nowhere. And had no business case. Transurban (bribed) Dan to build a road that only benefits them. As they would have lost the big cash cow citylink 8 years early, now they get extra 20 years to rape us.
The authorian dictator fkd up the cfa, so much so multiple ministers, board members and CEO. He kept forcing the issue until even those ppl he appointed to board didn't agree with thre union demands and resigned.
Look at the law an order situation, since he has been in power vic has gotten so bad, that pol are scared to walk or goto train stations.
And the dear leader is so corrupt that even after getting found out doing the dodgy with the red shirts affair he still doesn't appologise or make any heads roll, hey I am the governator and we do what we want
And not answerable to anyone.

Sorry my fingers are hurting so I'll stop
Blame it on the phone auto correct
Ziad
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Sarco » 22 Nov 2018, 3:38 pm

Remember, if you haven’t voted yet, In the upper house (long ballot paper), Vote BELOW the line and only number 1 to 5 or 6 that way preferences do not get distributed past your numbered candidates. Distribution only happens if you number all boxes or if you vote above the line (then they are distributed according to the party nominated no. 1.

Sarco
Sarco
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Jäger » 24 Nov 2018, 8:01 am

There's an interesting article about the distribution of preferences.

https://www.crikey.com.au/2018/11/08/victorian-election-preference-deals/

Unfortunately, it looks likely they'll oust Fiona Patten through the back room deals, one of the few who actually gets things done. I think that's one reason the Greens don't like her. She managed to get a lot done in her first term, while Greens can never get anything done.

It's not really democracy if this Druery chap is the one who decides who gets a seat.

"Druery can then manipulate that to influence who wins and that is often driven by who pays or who he likes the least."
Jäger
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Daddybang » 24 Nov 2018, 8:12 am

I reckon it's gonna be an interesting day...best of luck!! :D :drinks:
Daddybang
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Jäger » 24 Nov 2018, 12:22 pm

I was thinking today, that I may become a volunteer with the Greens at the next election, perhaps handing out 'how to vote' leaflets.
It might be fun to do it wearing a Blaze Spika cap and a t-shirt that has something written on it like, "I harvest my own free range meat", or "There's nothing Greener than eating Free Range Meat".
Jäger
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Bigjobss » 24 Nov 2018, 3:10 pm

Jäger wrote:I was thinking today, that I may become a volunteer with the Greens at the next election, perhaps handing out 'how to vote' leaflets.
It might be fun to do it wearing a Blaze Spika cap and a t-shirt that has something written on it like, "I harvest my own free range meat", or "There's nothing Greener than eating Free Range Meat".

I postal voted but went down to the local bowls club for a personal reason and saw the Greens pushers right next to the Justice For Animals, greens were promoting Penicuck and Justice had a sign about anti duck hunting. I was like biiiiiiiiiiitch animals have more rights in Australia than humans then adjusted my belt, did a backflip and moonwalked out of there.
Alright I exagerated a little bit, I was wearing trackies.
Bigjobss
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Jäger » 24 Nov 2018, 3:56 pm

Let me guess. The moonwalk was more like the mud slide, right? :lol:

Animal Justice seem to be fielding a lot of candidates this election in Vic. I wonder if they're just preference hunting for the Greens.
Jäger
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Jäger » 24 Nov 2018, 6:44 pm

Only an hour and a half into counting and they're calling it a bloodbath.
Jäger
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Gaznazdiak » 24 Nov 2018, 8:40 pm

ABC is running Andrews claiming victory at the moment.
Seems they flogged the snot out the LNP.
Another loss to lay at he feet of Dutton and Abbott.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Ziad » 25 Nov 2018, 7:43 am

Agreed mate, but looks the micro parties might have picked Green's seats, with shooters possibly feeding upto 2. Such is life
Blame it on the phone auto correct
Ziad
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 25 Nov 2018, 2:45 pm

Frydenberg went to great pains last night and since, to try to spin the notion that the Vic election was won purely on state issues.

But let's just watch the federal pork barrel promises start flowing :roll:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

PreviousNext

Return to Media and politics