positive tv story

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

positive tv story

Post by bigrich » 25 Oct 2018, 8:31 pm

another positive story , was watching paul fennech's new show, "deadly down-under"on seven network in brissy, and saw a segment where him and one of his female co-hosts, :D went pig hunting in the territory. the pigs were presented as the noxious pest that they are with interviews with professional and recreational hunters as well. ethical clean kills were mentioned , and was portrayed as a natural "way of life" for reigional areas. one more small step to mainstream understanding of shooting/hunting ? i hope so . the average couch potatoe only knows firearms from american cop shows . hopefully some might see a different perspective. oh, and the female co-host nailed four pigs :thumbsup: :drinks:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Re: positive tv story

Post by Member-Deleted » 25 Oct 2018, 9:51 pm

Yeah bigrich I saw that show to
Awhile back I watched an American show of pig hunters where a father ,daughter and son contracted pig hunting
What a feken shemozzle the daughter nearly shot the son the father always whining and the son always complaining
What a s#$@t show but they got a few pigs nothing like the size we get up here tonners are common
I agree Paul Fenech's show was well done and was a positive point for gun users
Member-Deleted

Post by Gaznazdiak » 26 Oct 2018, 12:42 am

Good to hear someone on the media that isn't going populist, eh bigrich?

Here's one from the opposite end of the perspective.

ABC seem to be running a new agenda, this one's not as outrageously biased as that 4 Corners though.

'Hardcore huntress' sparks outrage in Scotland by posting photos of dead goats
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-25/h ... d/10427550
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 26 Oct 2018, 4:44 am

Gaznazdiak wrote:Good to hear someone on the media that isn't going populist, eh bigrich?

Here's one from the opposite end of the perspective.

ABC seem to be running a new agenda, this one's not as outrageously biased as that 4 Corners though.

'Hardcore huntress' sparks outrage in Scotland by posting photos of dead goats
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-25/h ... d/10427550

Posing for photos with dead game draws harsh criticism from non-hunting people. Was talking to a NSW parks officer at Brisbane shot expo about R liscence . He was saying people in one of the upmarket outer suburbs of Sydney opposed deer culling, held protests and everything. After 2 years of no culling, locals were hitting them with their cars, deer were trashing their gardens. Someone even got chased by a stag. Then very quietly, they started asking parks and wildlife if they could remove them....... :unknown:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 26 Oct 2018, 5:34 am

It doesn't only happen down that way bigrich
Up here we had a counciler on our local council a mayor actually who was very instrumental in removing the bounty from wild dogs in this area
and low and behold they buy a property out here not far from where I live and within 6mths I gets a phone call
from this very person to ask if I could deal with the wild dogs as they were playing havoc with their calves so I so politely told them because the bounty had been removed it wasn't worth my while but after several calls back and forth to me they agreed to pay me to remove them
My opinion is all the so called do gooders should think very hard and serious before opening their mouths because it could come
back and haunt them
Member-Deleted

Post by Daddybang » 26 Oct 2018, 6:53 am

That huntress story is another good example of absolute hypocrisy. .They admit the animals need culling and then bag her out because she took photos???
It's this type of bullsh@t that makes me not want to post photos of kills simply because of the rubbish "they" come out with. ... but enough is enough and here's one in.protest at this crap!!!!
(Had to plug camera into tv and take photo with phone so apologies for quality!! :drinks: )

20181026_063849.jpg
20181026_063849.jpg (967.38 KiB) Viewed 3352 times
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 26 Oct 2018, 7:24 am

You're a better man than I.
I can't even sit through a commercial for that show.....
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by JSS » 26 Oct 2018, 7:44 am

Good on Pauly!! But the thing that stands out & annoys me is the fact that an average bloke & "class clown" like Pauly Fenech provides a more honest and unbiased look into guns, hunting and pest control while trying to be funny and entertaining people, compared to a supposedly responsible current affairs show like four corners.
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 26 Oct 2018, 8:05 am

Lots of great options and views guys. I think by and large the supposedly educated and more elitist people in our society ( have the live in the “posh” middle class suburbs, drive a BMW cause a Holden is too common and working class),have been trying to distance themselves from colonial Australianism and be more worldly and cosmopolitan. For these “educated “ people the food chain starts at the supermarket and ends in the freezer at home. Which is why I don’t go into Brisbane unless I have too. Would rather go bush and meet real people
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 26 Oct 2018, 11:26 am

Too many do-gooders in this world GDB, they create most of the problems. I agree with ya DB on the hypocrisy some people have. I wish there were more good looking sorts like the “huntress “ around in Australia . And ya need a shave DB, I dunno about that selfie ya posted
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 26 Oct 2018, 11:27 am

:lol: :lol: :drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 26 Oct 2018, 11:33 am

bigpete wrote:You're a better man than I.
I can't even sit through a commercial for that show.....

Yeh pauly fennech is a bit over the top at times. I did used to get a laugh out of fat pizza, houso’s had it’s moments but was a bit too close to home as I knew people like them when I was younger. Seriously, my mates younger sister was/is EXACTLY like shazza. Scary thought. Good on him for putting forward a honest unbiased view but. Even if he is a stooge
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 26 Oct 2018, 11:36 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 26 Oct 2018, 3:52 pm

Fat pizza for two or three seasons was really good and funny, really really enjoyed it... but then it was more boring.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 26 Oct 2018, 5:38 pm

Ziad wrote:Fat pizza for two or three seasons was really good and funny, really really enjoyed it... but then it was more boring.

must be hard to constantly come up with entertaining scripts, especially in a niche comedy show. that's were larry david and jerry seinfeld were brilliant, the show about everday subjects," the show about nothing" :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks: :thumbsup:

show awww.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-26/women-who-like-hunting/7347150

check out the link guys, abc story on everyday female hunters . :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Return to Firearms related media and politics