Only In The Ewe Essay

Shooting in the news and political arena.

Only In The Ewe Essay

Post by Gaznazdiak » 08 Nov 2018, 9:26 am

We have some pretty useless politicians here, but I reckon Dennis Hof of Pahrump Nevada will probably achieve less than our worst.

Mr Hof, a Republican brothel owner, convincingly defeated his Democrat opponent in the mid term elections, even though voters knew he was dead.

Many of our pollies show clear signs of brain death, but old Denny's gone the whole way.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's really gotta sting for the loser.

Divided US political scene sees dead pimp win race for GOP over a live Democrat
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-08/d ... t/10475946
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Major
Major

New South Wales

Re: Only In The Ewe Essay

Post by Daddybang » 08 Nov 2018, 9:37 am

And this is why I just can't take anything to do with the united states political scene seriously ... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Highly f@#kin entertaining tho!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 08 Nov 2018, 10:10 am

It is isn't it?

Like a political version of Weekend At Berrnie's.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:drinks:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Major
Major

New South Wales

Post by Ziad » 08 Nov 2018, 10:38 am

Rotfl..... man I didn't want to anything in the other thread. But now admit I do not know everything about american politics....esp this story about a dead person being elected......I shots have expected something like this.
Blame it on the phone auto correct
Ziad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 08 Nov 2018, 1:27 pm

He'd probably do a better job than the live one! :D Doesn't matter what country they hail from they are all f***ing leeches and not worth wasting ya time or money or vote on, they are only there for their own gains and will always screw you to get their way. :thumbsdown:
bigfellascott
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

-

Post by wolfthomas » 08 Nov 2018, 3:27 pm

Most of the USA if an elected representative dies, the position can go to their widow/widower or the governor appoints a successor until the next election. Rather than it triggering a by-election like it does here (or most of here, I think a few places vary). He also died too late for a new candidate to be introduced. So people even knowing he was dead were voting for the party and whoever will replace him.
wolfthomas
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by grandadbushy » 08 Nov 2018, 5:11 pm

Come on boys the man has passed away and still reigns strong :thumbsup: ;) :) :lol:
If you stop and think it doesn't sound overly silly a dead man winning as a lot of people today still worship someone
that has never been heard or ever seen and has never been proven he did exist :crazy: :crazy: :) :lol:
Hope I don't upset the believers but that is the case :) :thumbsup: :drinks: :drinks:
grandadbushy
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Post by Ziad » 08 Nov 2018, 7:27 pm

Hmm with respect i didn't actually expect the level of excuses made on behalf of a dead man, and not just a dead man, but thousands of people who knew he was dead but still voted for him. Or the system that allows people to vote for a dead person. Next maybe replace the dead person with a kangaroo.... winning lol

Man, I used to say that is possible in 3rd world dictatorships and dodgy countries, not a country that purports to be the leader of the world. But I was wrong.
Next someone will tell me they believe fox news
Ziad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 09 Nov 2018, 9:06 am

Off topic but I hear there was another mass shooting in the US, some navy guy or something. I just tune out now with these events, it's abit like the sun goes up and down to me, it's just the norm now. :unknown:
bigfellascott
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

-

Post by Daddybang » 09 Nov 2018, 9:42 am

Yeah big fella 12 dead ,retired marine that had ptsd :allegedly:
In a bar in California.
:cry: :thumbsdown: :drinks:
Daddybang
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 09 Nov 2018, 9:49 am

bigfellascott wrote:Off topic but I hear there was another mass shooting in the US, some navy guy or something. I just tune out now with these events, it's abit like the sun goes up and down to me, it's just the norm now. :unknown:

Yeah mate, it's starting to lose its shock value, sad to say.
It just happens so often it has become a normal part of life over there it seems.

When a society has these things normalized as part almost every day life it becomes "the thing to do" for any loon with a grudge or a twist in their head.

I hate some of our over- regulation for the sake of being seen to regulate, but many of our regulations give us some protection from the loons among us.

But I truly believe it is a societal problem over there, and with the general population inculcated with the notion that firearms are the solution to social issues this sort of event is just a natural result, and will continue.

The shooter was a decorated Marine, another veteran with PTSD who was used up by his government and left to deal with the damage his service did to him on his own.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Major
Major

New South Wales

Post by Angel » 16 Nov 2018, 2:31 pm

grandadbushy wrote:Come on boys the man has passed away and still reigns strong :thumbsup: ;) :) :lol:
If you stop and think it doesn't sound overly silly a dead man winning as a lot of people today still worship someone
that has never been heard or ever seen and has never been proven he did exist :crazy: :crazy: :) :lol:
Hope I don't upset the believers but that is the case :) :thumbsup: :drinks: :drinks:

Yes you did. Please don't be ignorant and do some research yourself!!!
Angel
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Ziad » 16 Nov 2018, 2:43 pm

With a name like that.... Bushy appologise and repent for you have sinned
Ziad
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 16 Nov 2018, 3:10 pm

Angel wrote:
grandadbushy wrote:Come on boys the man has passed away and still reigns strong :thumbsup: ;) :) :lol:

Yes you did. Please don't be ignorant and do some research yourself!!!

Angel, it's not my place to speak for Granddadbushy, but I'm going to anyway.

It seems to me he was alluding to the anachronism of deity worship.

If that's the case, and what got up your nose, then there is no research that has ever been done that proves scientifically that there are any such entities to worship.

That being said, there is no doubt that some who practice said activities actually gain some psychological benefit.

Where the practice becomes a problem is when those who demand the right to freely practice their beliefs react negatively to those who don't follow their particular set of beliefs. As above.

If you were actually being facetious, my apologies for butting in, if not, perhaps lighten up.

fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Major
Major

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 16 Nov 2018, 7:58 pm

Gaznazdiak wrote:
If you were actually being facetious, my apologies for butting in, if not, perhaps lighten up.

This^^^
If ya believe no worries but dont call someone who is a bloody good bloke ignorant because they don't share ya belief thats just horsesh@t! :drinks:
Daddybang
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 16 Nov 2018, 8:07 pm

Nicely put DB.
There are Nazis of every kind:
Real Nazis
NeoNazis
EnviroNazis
FemeNazis
VegaNazis
But by far the worst and who have done the most damage throughout history, the TheoNazis.
Organized religion has caused more death and suffering than any other human invention.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Major
Major

New South Wales

Post by grandadbushy » 16 Nov 2018, 8:59 pm

Well Angel seeing we are on the word ''IGNORANT'' well seeing you called me that without knowing my history you have shown your ''arrogance''
History for you my friend ''Alter boy from age of 6yr old till mid teens studied religion with family they wanted me to go into priesthood
The reason I pulled out was '' now listen carefully'' was because who I was devoting my time to could not be ''seen , heard , and could not be proven
ever existed'' now if you have proof and not hear say that he did exist then I will gladly apologise most sincerely but since I am '' IGNORANT''
well then i'll wait for the proof but until then I rest my case
My meaning was as Gaznazdiak said and nothing more
What you believe in Angel is your business but your calling names is no better than saying we are all basicly ignorant if we don't agree with your beliefs
''WELL BROTHER I'VE GOT NEWS FOR YOU''
grandadbushy
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 16 Nov 2018, 9:27 pm

In a nutshell GB.
Can't do better than that.
My apologies for the impertinence of answering for you, but the arrogance of the "faithful" sh!ts me to tears.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Major
Major

New South Wales

Next

Return to Media and politics