Only In The Ewe Essay

Shooting in the news and political arena.

Re: Only In The Ewe Essay

Post by grandadbushy » 16 Nov 2018, 9:45 pm

Nah all's good Gaz I just got back been away for awhile and opened up the forum and there it was
Yeah and i'm hearing ya mate some people get so tied up with beliefs that they can't see others opinions and beliefs and that is the dangerous part
especially in todays state of affairs and one can wonder do they fight for their beliefs or for their ideals and power
Me I don't give a rats arse who they pray to but they should be smart enough not to call people out on their beliefs
grandadbushy
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Queensland

Re: Only In The Ewe Essay

Post by Gaznazdiak » 16 Nov 2018, 10:04 pm

I'm with you there GB.
I fully support anyone who feels the need for belief in the supernatural, whatever bloats your goat, go for it.

Where we depart is the unbridled arrogance of someone who believes in fairies at the bottom of the garden feeling superior or feeling the need to denigrate those with the ability to string logical thoughts together for not sharing their particular delusion.

As a realist or if you insist, atheist, I don't proselytize my particular belief system,. As a person who reveres logic over superstition, I feel nothing but contempt for those who look down their noses at others who don't share their particular fascination for the supernatural.

To each his own has been a maxim for free thinkers since well before the phrase was coined in the 1500s
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Previous

Return to Media and politics