gun lobby is trying to chip away at gun control laws

Shooting in the news and political arena.

gun lobby is trying to chip away at gun control laws

Post by Keith » 17 Nov 2018, 7:40 am

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com/
Keith
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Re: gun lobby is trying to chip away at gun control laws

Post by Pennsylvania Yank » 04 Jan 2019, 11:19 pm

There is a lot of anti-NRA propaganda in this article. Although NRA members do not control the nominating process, we do ultimately vote for the board of directors. I know because I get a ballot mailed to me. The NRA is not in the business of selling guns. Americans want gun safety and strong gun laws and the NRA has supported and helped craft many of those laws. Americans do not want massive gun bans despite what you may have been told. The NRA is a Pitt Bull when it comes to defending our gun rights. No one in the media utters a negative word when the ACLU or the NAACP fight against any and all legislative and societal measures they consider threats to civil rights, so should it be with the NRA. The NRA is not controlled by the gun industry. That's pure agitprop.
Pennsylvania Yank
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

United States of America

Post by deye243 » 05 Jan 2019, 12:59 am

And so they should I still demand the right of leathal force for self defence .......
Weather at home or on the street?........ oops Wrong country
I would rather live in a country with the that right than live here with no rights in that area .
But I can't afford it ..........
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 05 Jan 2019, 3:02 am

Notice how SBS writes the article as a smear on anything gun related yet when the gun control lobby is pushing for more laws and rules they write their articles with praise.
wanneroo
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Post by Patriot » 05 Jan 2019, 8:58 am

Pennsylvania Yank wrote:There is a lot of anti-NRA propaganda in this article. Although NRA members do not control the nominating process, we do ultimately vote for the board of directors. I know because I get a ballot mailed to me. The NRA is not in the business of selling guns. Americans want gun safety and strong gun laws and the NRA has supported and helped craft many of those laws. Americans do not want massive gun bans despite what you may have been told. The NRA is a Pitt Bull when it comes to defending our gun rights. No one in the media utters a negative word when the ACLU or the NAACP fight against any and all legislative and societal measures they consider threats to civil rights, so should it be with the NRA. The NRA is not controlled by the gun industry. That's pure agitprop.

Yep,the NRA is the oldest civil rights organisation in the world and even though I am an Australian born and and bred, I am a proud international member of the NRA,and would encourage my fellow citizens to join.

“Don’t tread on me”
Patriot
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Keith » 05 Jan 2019, 10:36 am

Patriot wrote:
Pennsylvania Yank wrote:There is a lot of anti-NRA propaganda in this article. Although NRA members do not control the nominating process, we do ultimately vote for the board of directors. I know because I get a ballot mailed to me. The NRA is not in the business of selling guns. Americans want gun safety and strong gun laws and the NRA has supported and helped craft many of those laws. Americans do not want massive gun bans despite what you may have been told. The NRA is a Pitt Bull when it comes to defending our gun rights. No one in the media utters a negative word when the ACLU or the NAACP fight against any and all legislative and societal measures they consider threats to civil rights, so should it be with the NRA. The NRA is not controlled by the gun industry. That's pure agitprop.

Yep,the NRA is the oldest civil rights organisation in the world and even though I am an Australian born and and bred, I am a proud international member of the NRA,and would encourage my fellow citizens to join.

“Don’t tread on me”

I can't see the NRA having any influence over the Australian government.
Keith.
Robert Frost.
Keith
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Patriot » 05 Jan 2019, 11:55 am

Keith wrote:
Patriot wrote:

“Don’t tread on me”

Keith.

Yep, you’re right Keith,no influence at all

For me it’s not about that, I believe in most of what the NRA stands for,most of all,individual freedom.Plus the looks I get from lefties when I tell them gives me much amusement.
Patriot
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by No1_49er » 05 Jan 2019, 12:00 pm

wanneroo wrote:Notice how SBS writes the article as a smear on anything gun related yet when the gun control lobby is pushing for more laws and rules they write their articles with praise.

Unfortunately, it was NOT SBS that "wrote" that article.
Stated, at the beginning of said article, is the authors name for which a google search reveals https://theconversation.com/profiles/ge ... nie-152971
Certainly, SBS are remiss in publishing an article without comment and they should be called to account for it :thumbsdown: . You have taken the opportunity to communicate your dissatisfaction to them, haven't you? :unknown:
And so too should the actual author. Likewise, your dissatisfaction to the author! :thumbsdown:
They are both culpable in continuing the "anti" rhetoric against law abiding firearms owners, in whatever jurisdiction they live.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Keith » 05 Jan 2019, 12:10 pm

Patriot wrote:
Keith wrote:
Patriot wrote:

“Don’t tread on me”

Keith.

Yep, you’re right Keith,no influence at all

For me it’s not about that, I believe in most of what the NRA stands for,most of all,individual freedom.Plus the looks I get from lefties when I tell them gives me much amusement.

:D Well in that case mate it is well worth the membership fee :clap:
Regards, Keith.
Robert Frost.
Keith
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by magnum56 » 05 Jan 2019, 12:55 pm

Keith wrote:
Patriot wrote:

“Don’t tread on me”

Keith.

Sadly no, but it would be good if Australian shooters would wake up to the fact that their time as legal owners of firearms in this country is coming to an end, it should be obvious to all that our major parties want to disarm us completely, they have the sense not to try it in one go, but know that many are not smart enough to wake up to the fact that they can acmplish disarmament progressively.
There is only one thing worse than a green, two of the bludgers.
magnum56
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by trekin » 05 Jan 2019, 2:17 pm

Keith wrote:
Patriot wrote:

“Don’t tread on me”

Keith.

No, but if the NRA encourage its member to join our SUQ/A, the injection of funds would make the Govn't sit and take notice, I bet. Just 1/5th of their members joining SU would be onehell of a fighting fund.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by magnum56 » 15 Jan 2019, 2:09 pm

trekin wrote:
Keith wrote:
Patriot wrote:

“Don’t tread on me”

Keith.

No, but if the NRA encourage its member to join our SUQ/A, the injection of funds would make the Govn't sit and take notice, I bet. Just 1/5th of their members joining SU would be onehell of a fighting fund.

This ^^^^^ well said. :thumbsup:
There is only one thing worse than a green, two of the bludgers.
magnum56
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 15 Jan 2019, 4:28 pm

magnum56 wrote:
trekin wrote:
Keith wrote:
Patriot wrote:

“Don’t tread on me”

Keith.

This ^^^^^ well said. :thumbsup:

Trouble would be trying to explain to them that Australia isn't that country where Hitler was born :lol:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 15 Jan 2019, 4:52 pm

good on ya gaz. :lol: australia/austria , i've used that joke once or twice :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 15 Jan 2019, 5:44 pm

bigrich wrote:good on ya gaz. :lol: australia/austria , i've used that joke once or twice :drinks: :thumbsup:

Where do you think I stole it?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:drinks:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Angel » 22 Jan 2019, 11:39 am

magnum56 wrote:
Keith wrote:
Patriot wrote:

“Don’t tread on me”

Keith.

Sadly no, but it would be good if Australian shooters would wake up to the fact that their time as legal owners of firearms in this country is coming to an end, it should be obvious to all that our major parties want to disarm us completely, they have the sense not to try it in one go, but know that many are not smart enough to wake up to the fact that they can acmplish disarmament progressively.

Death by a thousand cuts is still death.
Angel
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by wrenchman » 24 Jan 2019, 12:25 am

up to the 70s the nra was more about hunting it was not till the members voted to be more pro gun did it becoume so hated as many member will tell you if you dont like them you could join and vote to change.
sadly lately they have just been rideing on the coat tails of the local gun rights groups and takeing credit for there work.
wrenchman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

United States of America

Post by BaronBoy » 12 Feb 2019, 11:29 pm

deye243 wrote:And so they should I still demand the right of leathal force for self defence .......
Weather at home or on the street?........ oops Wrong country
I would rather live in a country with the that right than live here with no rights in that area .
But I can't afford it ..........

You do have the right to use lethal force but only in the circumstance that an intruder is about to use lethal force on you. The right to self-defence is the right to use force proportional to the risk of the force being used against yourself.
BaronBoy
Private
Private

Tasmania

Next

Return to Media and politics