Gun Control Australia report card

Shooting in the news and political arena.

Gun Control Australia report card

Post by Baronvonrort » 19 Nov 2018, 4:14 pm

GCA have me on their mailing list it's good to see what they're up to, it looks like they're worried about the Victorian election.

Some of the idiocy in the GCA report card

In 2017, Gun Control Australia (GCA) commissioned a report into jurisdictional compliance with the 1996 NFA. The report prepared by Philip Alpers, Adjunct Associate Professor, Sydney University School of Public Health

In regards to Victoria, the report found 13 breaches of the 1996 NFA resolutions.

The recent amendment to allow sale of firearms by non firearm dealers puts these breaches at 14.

The key breaches for Victoria are:

1. Allowing possession, ownership and acquisition of high-powered automatic handguns for sport shooting
2. Allowing the acquisition of second or subsequent firearms are exempt from the 28day ‘cooling off’ period, which allows police to undertake background checks
3. Allowing members of the general public to shoot unlicensed at gun clubs
4. Expansion of genuine reason for ownership and possession of Category D (highpowered firearms)
5. Authorising the possession of a pistol or a revolver during the first six months of a handgun licence
6. Not setting a limit on the quantity of ammunition which may be purchased at any given time
7. Failing to require a ‘genuine need’ for a category B licence is not required
8. Failing to fully comply with an NFA requirement for an effective National Firearms Registry
9. Allowing minor permits for ages 12 to 18 years
10. No legislative requirement for firearms safety training for security industry employees
11. Allowing for a Category D (high-powered longarm) licence for three years instead of one year
12. No specific safety requirements for the movement of Category C, D and E firearms
13. Permitting the sale of firearms by those who are not firearm dealers
14. Allowing unlicensed members of the public allowed to shoot high-powered at gun clubs
https://www.guncontrolaustralia.org/64_000_more_gun_in_victoria?utm_campaign=vic_report_card&utm_medium=email&utm_source=guncontrolparty

Baronvonrort
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Re: Gun Control Australia report card

Post by Jäger » 19 Nov 2018, 4:17 pm

Philip Alpers.
The moment you read that name, you can stop and be assured there will be no objective analysis.
Jäger
Private
Private

-

Post by Stix » 19 Nov 2018, 4:22 pm

Jäger wrote:Philip Alpers.
The moment you read that name, you can stop and be assured there will be no objective analysis.

So why advertise & circulate their crap on this (& other similar) site... :unknown:

Let it go...ignore the crap... :thumbsup:

I for one cant be fukd wasting my precious time indulging myself to entertain reading such utter brain dead crap...!!!

Hell id rather watch 60 mins--& i hate that show...!

:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Captain
Captain

South Australia

Post by Baronvonrort » 19 Nov 2018, 4:32 pm

Stix wrote:
So why advertise & circulate their crap on this (& other similar) site... :unknown:

:

I thought some might be interested in the lies GCA are telling.
Baronvonrort
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Baronvonrort » 19 Nov 2018, 4:35 pm

There is already another thread on this I didn't see it, mods can delete this I they want to.
Baronvonrort
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Return to Media and politics