Aussie Battler Party welcomes Walter Mikac

Shooting in the news and political arena.

Aussie Battler Party welcomes Walter Mikac

Post by bladeracer » 22 Nov 2018, 6:22 pm

I was going to update the thread...only to discover it's been removed.
Is there some reason we shouldn't be talking about our anti-gun enemies?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
User avatar
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
 
Posts: 4777
Victoria

Re: Aussie Battler Party welcomes Walter Mikac

Post by magnum56 » 26 Nov 2018, 2:02 pm

I for one hope he does not get elected, if anyone thinks for the slightest moment that should Mikac get into parliament, that he won’t use his position to further his anti gun disarmament cause, and fight against shooters, they are fooling themselves.

Any Victorian shooter who cares about being able to own a firearm in the future, should put the ABP very low in their preferences, if Mikac gets into parliament he will do a lot of damage to shooters rights and conditions.
There is only one thing worse than a green, two of the bludgers.
magnum56
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 217
Queensland

Re: Aussie Battler Party welcomes Walter Mikac

Post by bladeracer » 26 Nov 2018, 2:23 pm

magnum56 wrote:I for one hope he does not get elected, if anyone thinks for the slightest moment that should Mikac get into parliament, that he won’t use his position to further his anti gun disarmament cause, and fight against shooters, they are fooling themselves.

Any Victorian shooter who cares about being able to own a firearm in the future, should put the ABP very low in their preferences, if Mikac gets into parliament he will do a lot of damage to shooters rights and conditions.


Which is exactly why I was stunned to find the original thread has been removed.
I went back through my emails with Stuart. He mentioned that it was only him and his partner, Walter that were calling people about joining the party. I'm wondering now if the Walter he meant is the Walter himself, in which case he would've known full-well that his party has an ironclad anti-gun policy. I actually took two calls from this Walter pushing me to fill out the paperwork and get it sent in to get the numbers to form the party.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
User avatar
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
 
Posts: 4777
Victoria

Re: Aussie Battler Party welcomes Walter Mikac

Post by magnum56 » 26 Nov 2018, 2:33 pm

bladeracer wrote:
magnum56 wrote:I for one hope he does not get elected, if anyone thinks for the slightest moment that should Mikac get into parliament, that he won’t use his position to further his anti gun disarmament cause, and fight against shooters, they are fooling themselves.

Any Victorian shooter who cares about being able to own a firearm in the future, should put the ABP very low in their preferences, if Mikac gets into parliament he will do a lot of damage to shooters rights and conditions.


Which is exactly why I was stunned to find the original thread has been removed.
I went back through my emails with Stuart. He mentioned that it was only him and his partner, Walter that were calling people about joining the party. I'm wondering now if the Walter he meant is the Walter himself, in which case he would've known full-well that his party has an ironclad anti-gun policy. I actually took two calls from this Walter pushing me to fill out the paperwork and get it sent in to get the numbers to form the party.


Hopefully anyone who is a LFO would put the SFFP before and of these parties, hopefully they would realise that Mikac is decidedly very anti gun and any vote for that party would be a vote for further restrictions and grief for shooters.
There is only one thing worse than a green, two of the bludgers.
magnum56
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 217
Queensland

Re: Aussie Battler Party welcomes Walter Mikac

Post by bladeracer » 26 Nov 2018, 3:50 pm

magnum56 wrote:
bladeracer wrote:
magnum56 wrote:I for one hope he does not get elected, if anyone thinks for the slightest moment that should Mikac get into parliament, that he won’t use his position to further his anti gun disarmament cause, and fight against shooters, they are fooling themselves.

Any Victorian shooter who cares about being able to own a firearm in the future, should put the ABP very low in their preferences, if Mikac gets into parliament he will do a lot of damage to shooters rights and conditions.


Which is exactly why I was stunned to find the original thread has been removed.
I went back through my emails with Stuart. He mentioned that it was only him and his partner, Walter that were calling people about joining the party. I'm wondering now if the Walter he meant is the Walter himself, in which case he would've known full-well that his party has an ironclad anti-gun policy. I actually took two calls from this Walter pushing me to fill out the paperwork and get it sent in to get the numbers to form the party.


Hopefully anyone who is a LFO would put the SFFP before and of these parties, hopefully they would realise that Mikac is decidedly very anti gun and any vote for that party would be a vote for further restrictions and grief for shooters.


I put ABP second last just ahead of Greens. Numbered all of them for the pleasure of number Greens 41 to 46!
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
User avatar
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
 
Posts: 4777
Victoria

Re: Aussie Battler Party welcomes Walter Mikac

Post by bigrich » 26 Nov 2018, 5:17 pm

bladeracer wrote:I was going to update the thread...only to discover it's been removed.
Is there some reason we shouldn't be talking about our anti-gun enemies?


that is rather strange BR, i wasn't that suprised about critisism of poor customer service at a large well known north brisbane gunshop was removed, ya gotta wonder what's up when posts regarding political opponets of legal firearm owners get deleted :unknown: who removed it ? the feds ? are the men in black coming to get us for talking about it ? i've got my tin foil hat at the ready just in case, :lol: , but seriously that is odd
bigrich
Major
Major
 
Posts: 1611
Queensland

Re: Aussie Battler Party welcomes Walter Mikac

Post by magnum56 » 27 Nov 2018, 10:52 am

bladeracer wrote:
magnum56 wrote:
bladeracer wrote:
magnum56 wrote:I for one hope he does not get elected, if anyone thinks for the slightest moment that should Mikac get into parliament, that he won’t use his position to further his anti gun disarmament cause, and fight against shooters, they are fooling themselves.

Any Victorian shooter who cares about being able to own a firearm in the future, should put the ABP very low in their preferences, if Mikac gets into parliament he will do a lot of damage to shooters rights and conditions.


Which is exactly why I was stunned to find the original thread has been removed.
I went back through my emails with Stuart. He mentioned that it was only him and his partner, Walter that were calling people about joining the party. I'm wondering now if the Walter he meant is the Walter himself, in which case he would've known full-well that his party has an ironclad anti-gun policy. I actually took two calls from this Walter pushing me to fill out the paperwork and get it sent in to get the numbers to form the party.


Hopefully anyone who is a LFO would put the SFFP before and of these parties, hopefully they would realise that Mikac is decidedly very anti gun and any vote for that party would be a vote for further restrictions and grief for shooters.


I put ABP second last just ahead of Greens. Numbered all of them for the pleasure of number Greens 41 to 46!


:thumbsup: It is a shame more shooters don't take a leaf out of your book, :thumbsup: when you consider that a pro shooting party like the SFFP only received around 2000 odd votes, and given there are thousands of licensed shooters in Victoria, there would have to be more than those that voted for the SFFP in the seats the party stood in, where are shooters putting their number 1 preference?

I regularly get people saying that they vote for the major parties because they are concerned about more important things than shooting, I get that, but what I say to these people is, it is not as if the majors are not doing a very good job with these other things, so to keep voting for them is just asking for more of the same poor performance and unsatisfactory results.

My personal opinion is, put ALL of the pro shooting and farming parties, in the order of your personal preference, ahead of the major parties, put labor and the greens last and second last.
There is only one thing worse than a green, two of the bludgers.
magnum56
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 217
Queensland

Re: Aussie Battler Party welcomes Walter Mikac

Post by bladeracer » 27 Nov 2018, 12:44 pm

magnum56 wrote: :thumbsup: It is a shame more shooters don't take a leaf out of your book, :thumbsup: when you consider that a pro shooting party like the SFFP only received around 2000 odd votes, and given there are thousands of licensed shooters in Victoria, there would have to be more than those that voted for the SFFP in the seats the party stood in, where are shooters putting their number 1 preference?

I regularly get people saying that they vote for the major parties because they are concerned about more important things than shooting, I get that, but what I say to these people is, it is not as if the majors are not doing a very good job with these other things, so to keep voting for them is just asking for more of the same poor performance and unsatisfactory results.

My personal opinion is, put ALL of the pro shooting and farming parties, in the order of your personal preference, ahead of the major parties, put labor and the greens last and second last.


I was stunned by the preliminary results. I just can't imagine that many Victorians voted for Labor. My number ones were to Ricky Muir and to SFF. My brother-in-law also numbered everybody for the pleasure of putting the Greens last :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
User avatar
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
 
Posts: 4777
Victoria

Re: Aussie Battler Party welcomes Walter Mikac

Post by grandadbushy » 27 Nov 2018, 1:33 pm

Whats so bad about labour that's not so bad about the rest of them ? :D :thumbsup:
I think this day and age we don't get what we expect from parties its a case of the blind leading the blind with all the BS in
the media and else where :thumbsdown:
One thing that did surprise me other than the votes for labour down there was the lack of response Keith received for his partition
on the black powder pistol very poor I must say judging on the amount of shooters out there
If shooters are not prepared to support and get behind such things as Keith has also anything that is good for our sport even if it doesn't directly involve
you or your shooting type then you don't have the right to whinge and howl when all is taken from the sport best you decide what you are going to do
with your time once it's gone and go it will if shooters of all types don't become pro active as a unit these people can't do it alone they will tire
I beg all gun owners to become pro active and thank all those that are already :thumbsup: :drinks:

Note_ Keith i'm sorry for bringing your name up no bad was meant by doing so I just thought it might get some people thinking that they can do more

Cheers
grandadbushy
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 1463
Queensland

Re: Aussie Battler Party welcomes Walter Mikac

Post by bladeracer » 27 Nov 2018, 1:46 pm

grandadbushy wrote:Whats so bad about labour that's not so bad about the rest of them ? :D :thumbsup:
I think this day and age we don't get what we expect from parties its a case of the blind leading the blind with all the BS in
the media and else where :thumbsdown:
One thing that did surprise me other than the votes for labour down there was the lack of response Keith received for his partition
on the black powder pistol very poor I must say judging on the amount of shooters out there
If shooters are not prepared to support and get behind such things as Keith has also anything that is good for our sport even if it doesn't directly involve
you or your shooting type then you don't have the right to whinge and howl when all is taken from the sport best you decide what you are going to do
with your time once it's gone and go it will if shooters of all types don't become pro active as a unit these people can't do it alone they will tire
I beg all gun owners to become pro active and thank all those that are already :thumbsup: :drinks:

Note_ Keith i'm sorry for bringing your name up no bad was meant by doing so I just thought it might get some people thinking that they can do more

Cheers


I did sign that one, although I never quite understood it.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
User avatar
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
 
Posts: 4777
Victoria

Re: Aussie Battler Party welcomes Walter Mikac

Post by grandadbushy » 27 Nov 2018, 2:07 pm

Yeah Bladeracer quiet a few have but not the numbers I expected and I too did
Mate I hope you didn't take offence of my statement as it was something to ponder for those who didn't
Even though it is their right to decline to sign but I think it's a bit of a set back by not doing so
But honestly each to their own
grandadbushy
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 1463
Queensland

Re: Aussie Battler Party welcomes Walter Mikac

Post by bladeracer » 27 Nov 2018, 2:40 pm

grandadbushy wrote:Yeah Bladeracer quiet a few have but not the numbers I expected and I too did
Mate I hope you didn't take offence of my statement as it was something to ponder for those who didn't
Even though it is their right to decline to sign but I think it's a bit of a set back by not doing so
But honestly each to their own


No problem at all mate :-)
He must've recognised it was a niche idea though to set the goal at 100 signatures to begin with?
I just looked and it's at 98 currently, so he essentially achieved the result he was after didn't he?
I really can't see too many people choosing to hunt with a blackpowder muzzleloading pistol over a rifle or shotgun myself, but I'm not against those that might want to do so.

I love my older firearms, but for hunting I lean toward taking the more modern stuff to minimise the variables and give my target the best hope for a clean kill.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
User avatar
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
 
Posts: 4777
Victoria


Back to top
 
Return to Media and politics