Hunter Shot in shoulder

Shooting in the news and political arena.

Hunter Shot in shoulder

Post by Stix » 24 Nov 2018, 6:47 am

The 6o'clock news on the radio this morning said a guy was shot in the shoulder while hunting over night near Armidale NSW. :shock:

Sounds a lucky boy...!!

I found one story on google saying it was the driver-a young 20yo...so i assume its a spotlighting mishap.
No point in speculating further or passing judgement without knowing what went on...one can only assume those involved wont be feeling top of the world this morning.

Apparently not life threatening injury which is good news...very close to being tragic news.

No one here i hope...!! :unknown:

Not telling everyone how to hunt/spotlight...but remember muzzle always up guys...especially spotlighting in a ute & when someone walks out to collect the newly perished.

Personally in that situation im usually not chambered until ready to shoot & the rifle is only ever on the roof pointing up n out...
If chambered shouldnt be swinging muzzle down in the back of a ute...!!!!

Lets ALL stay safe & ALWAYS be concious of where the muzzle is pointing--loaded or not...!!... :drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

South Australia

Re: Hunter Shot in shoulder

Post by TassieTiger » 24 Nov 2018, 11:48 pm

You wonder how things can happen in these situations - but I’ve lost quite a few friends over the years simply because they seemingly couldn’t grasp simple(common sense) safety rules in various sports (boating, road bikes, etc)- but in hunting in particular, as written above in the least...
I had one ex friend, take a clay in the neck from an automatic thrower...just wtf. A few inches higher and...he literally walked into it, 10 mins after the safety brief and golden rule explanation - do not EVER walk in front of the thrower.
Hope the guy makes a recovery and hope the trigger man gets a smackin”.
Tikka T3 .260
Steyr Pro Varmint .223
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22
Webley .177
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g
Steyr Pro Hunt 30-06
TassieTiger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by Daddybang » 25 Nov 2018, 7:07 am

Stix wrote:Lets ALL stay safe & ALWAYS be concious of where the muzzle is pointing--loaded or not...!!... :drinks:

Yep stick to the three basic safety rules and ya will never accidentally shoot anything!!!!!
:thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 25 Nov 2018, 10:15 am

it's good that no one was critically hurt. and a timely reminder on safety . can you imagine the bleating from the anti's if it was a fatallity ? it's a sad morbid subject, but due to the high loss of life from motorbike accidents, you'd think the anti's should be banning bikes before guns ? but don't point that out to them, they don't like facts. i'm guessing here, but wouldn't there be a lot more deaths from drug overdoses than guns ? presribed and recreational ? wouldn't their time be better spent tackling these problems instead of trying to tighten the screws on law abiding firearm owners ? JMHO (sunday morning hangover rant ) :lol: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major
Major

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 25 Nov 2018, 10:46 am

Trust me, as an accredited rider trainer and avid motorcyclist we face more and more political pressures that are slowly eroding bike licences...it’s much harder and expensive to get a bike licence....
Tikka T3 .260
Steyr Pro Varmint .223
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22
Webley .177
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g
Steyr Pro Hunt 30-06
TassieTiger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by grandadbushy » 25 Nov 2018, 11:17 am

You are correct bigrich and have a very good point in my opinion but nothing will change the minds of the anti's nor will it change the minds of those that
are hell bent on becoming addicts ,murderers, drunks, and the list goes on
The answer is with oneself be safe in what we do take care of others where possible but remember people will be people there are people who will always
push the boundaries of safety and this case may be one of those maybe not but thankfully there wasn't a fatality and we are thankful for that
sorry about the hangover mate
grandadbushy
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 25 Nov 2018, 11:24 am

Wise words as always grandad, the hangover was worth it but :lol: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major
Major

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 26 Nov 2018, 8:49 pm

I heard about an incident where a shooter was lining up a roo While in the back of a Ute. He was resting his rifle across the roof racks with rifle pointing forward. The driver had no idea that the shooter was lining something up The driver decides to get out either for a piss or stretch his legs or whatever and while looking fwd into the paddock there was a tradgedy The shooter with the rifle had one eye shut and another looking thru the scope was completely unaware that one of his team was about to walk in front of his barrel The shooter touched of the shot just as the driver moved in front of him. The driver lost the top of his head.
Blr243
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Return to Media and politics