QLD SFFP now registered

Shooting in the news and political arena.

QLD SFFP now registered

Post by magnum56 » 26 Nov 2018, 2:37 pm

QLD SFFP REGISTRATION ANNOUNCEMENT STATEMENT

On behalf of the Queensland Shooters Fishers and Farmers Party State Committee, it is with the greatest of pleasure that I can announce the Queensland Electoral Commission has formally notified us that our application to become a registered political party in Queensland has been successful, as such, the QLD SFFP is now formally a registered political party in Queensland.

I would like to thank the members for participating and cooperating in this process, I would also like to acknowledge the hard work put in by our Secretary Jacob, our membership officer Rob and the other members of the State committee, who worked very hard to ensure the requirements of the QEC were met.

Personally this is a culmination of three long years of struggle and hard work, this now means we can get down to the business of continuing to build the Queensland branch and its membership, fielding candidates and seeing our people elected into parliament, so as we can make positive changes to laws that effect Shooters, Fishers, Farmers and other Queenslanders.

It needs to be recognised that the hard work is not over, it is just beginning, if we want to see change for the better, we will need greater ongoing support and many more members, the two main things members need to do is, recruit more members, and if possible help form and get involved with regional branches.

In order to maintain our registration status, we MUST maintain our membership levels, candidates will be selected from local communities by local members, they MUST be supported by a branch, if Queenslanders want SFFP candidates to vote for in their electorate, they have to assist by helping make it happen, success will not happen without effort.

Forming a regional/local branch is a relatively easy task, the State committee will assist, it only takes 10 members and a small amount of time, if people can be a member of a sporting, social or professional club/organisation, being part of a QLD SFFP local branch is also achievable, and will result in positive changes for your sport, recreational and occupational pastimes.

We can now look forward to the many challenges together, if enough shooters, fishers farmers and other Queenslanders get behind the party, we can and will achieve improvements in the many laws that effect us all.

Clem Wheatley

SFFP QLD State Chairman.
There is only one thing worse than a green, two of the bludgers.
magnum56
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: QLD SFFP now registered

Post by bigrich » 26 Nov 2018, 8:11 pm

:welcome: :clap: :welcome: :D :drinks: :thumbsup: :drinks: :welcome: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 27 Nov 2018, 7:14 am

Gday Clem
While its good to hear that ya got registered I'm just wondering if sffp reps are going to get up this way for a meet and greet. Theres a fair bit of interest up here but many like myself want to be able to talk to a rep face to face and look ya in the eyes when ya respond before we commit. I know ya"s have put the effort into getting out to the southern regions so maybe get something happening along the lines of ya presence at toowoomba (?) Shot show at the Townsville v8's or cairns show Mareeba rodeo and other events so we can "get a look" at ya. I'm sure the support will be here but ya need to prove that ya party is not just another stheast-centric mob. Afterall YOU are asking for our vote. (I hope this all makes sense! :lol: ) Anyway cheers and look forward to maybe meeting ya one day :thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by magnum56 » 27 Nov 2018, 10:24 am

Daddybang wrote:Gday Clem
While its good to hear that ya got registered I'm just wondering if sffp reps are going to get up this way for a meet and greet. Theres a fair bit of interest up here but many like myself want to be able to talk to a rep face to face and look ya in the eyes when ya respond before we commit. I know ya"s have put the effort into getting out to the southern regions so maybe get something happening along the lines of ya presence at toowoomba (?) Shot show at the Townsville v8's or cairns show Mareeba rodeo and other events so we can "get a look" at ya. I'm sure the support will be here but ya need to prove that ya party is not just another stheast-centric mob. Afterall YOU are asking for our vote. (I hope this all makes sense! :lol: ) Anyway cheers and look forward to maybe meeting ya one day :thumbsup: :drinks:

Thanks for the feed back, yes we are trying to get to as many events as we can, the problem is, the members of the State committee and myself are all unpaid volunteers, using our own time and money to get this up and running, while the branch funds are limited at the moment, we do want to get to as many events as possible, however we are going to need the support of others just like ourselves, volunteers.

The best thing people can do for the party and themselves is get in and help us with our fight, by joining, only $10 at the moment, and forming local branches, which is not hard, 10 people is all it takes, the branches will be initially responsible for the preselection of prospective candidates from their local area and also recruitment of other members, being part of a branch will also give members more of a say in the running of the Queensland branch.

None of the State committee including myself are politicians, we are just ordinary, shooters, fishers, farmers, self employed small business people, mine/retail/office/government employees etc, we got involved as we became sick of the deal we have been getting from the major parties, and wanted to do something proactive, if people want change for the better, they will need to get in and help make it happen.

We have quiet a bit of interest in the north of the state as well as the southern and central areas, the more members that can get together and form branches in these areas the better, there has been one attempt to get a branch running in the Townsville area, unfortunately, like everywhere, apathy is holding us back, plenty of people want to see change, but only a few are prepared to get in and work to see it happen, if we can get people to get involved in branches, we will make progress.

Regards Clem.
magnum56
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 27 Nov 2018, 12:27 pm

I live around five hrs nth of Townsville and heard absolutely nothing about an attempt to start a branch there so its probably NOT apathy but a lack of information.(we're not all on social media)
As ive said you and sffp want to grow but ya not going to get us to join a political party(whether you are or aren't politicians ) until people up here get to see some of ya reps.
I understand that you are "young" party and trying to build but too many times weve seen parties promise the earth and get elected and then forget all about the north and concentrate on the SE.
If you want to grow the sffp in the north then your party is probably going to have to show us that ya aren't just another "snouts in the trough" political party first and one way of doing that will be to get the leadership up here. I cant speak for down south but up here we still put a lot of stock in talkin to someone face to face and being able to look them in the eye while ya doing it!. :thumbsup: :drinks:
Daddybang
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 27 Nov 2018, 4:14 pm

bump
bigrich
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Post by magnum56 » 30 Nov 2018, 9:03 pm

Daddybang wrote:I live around five hrs nth of Townsville and heard absolutely nothing about an attempt to start a branch there so its probably NOT apathy but a lack of information.(we're not all on social media)
As ive said you and sffp want to grow but ya not going to get us to join a political party(whether you are or aren't politicians ) until people up here get to see some of ya reps.
I understand that you are "young" party and trying to build but too many times weve seen parties promise the earth and get elected and then forget all about the north and concentrate on the SE.
If you want to grow the sffp in the north then your party is probably going to have to show us that ya aren't just another "snouts in the trough" political party first and one way of doing that will be to get the leadership up here. I cant speak for down south but up here we still put a lot of stock in talkin to someone face to face and being able to look them in the eye while ya doing it!. :thumbsup: :drinks:

All I can add is, now you know about us, given our lack of support and funding, our finances are limited, social media and email to members is about the only way we can get information out, we do not have the luxury of being able to afford commercial advertisements, out of the thousands that are on social media, only a very few have chosen to do something other than voice their concerns on this social media.

You have the opportunity to actually be a part of what happens and how we roll in the future, you can be one of these reps you talk about, what we achieve is up to the amount of support we receive, we need people to get involved, but at the end of the day it is their choice, they can continue to comment an d complain on social media or forums like this, or they can do what some of us have chosen to do, get in and help make it happen.
magnum56
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by duncan61 » 30 Nov 2018, 9:48 pm

Well done Magnum.I joined W.A. SFFP for last election and stood outside at a school and explained to people what we are all about if they were interested.Some do some bleat.you dont have to prove anything to anyone good luck
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Western Australia

Post by Daddybang » 01 Dec 2018, 1:00 am

And Duncan some people like to get an idea of who someone is before throwing their support behind them :drinks:
Last edited by Daddybang on 01 Dec 2018, 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daddybang
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 01 Dec 2018, 1:06 am

magnum56 wrote:
Daddybang wrote:I live around five hrs nth of Townsville and heard absolutely nothing about an attempt to start a branch there so its probably NOT apathy but a lack of information.(we're not all on social media)

You have the opportunity to actually be a part of what happens and how we roll in the future, you can be one of these reps you talk about, what we achieve is up to the amount of support we receive, we need people to get involved, but at the end of the day it is their choice, they can continue to comment an d complain on social media or forums like this, or they can do what some of us have chosen to do, get in and help make it happen.

Yeah thats pretty much what clive palmer.said first time around.
I'm just trying to give ya some advice cause it sounds like ya having trouble getting support for ya party up this way. Take it or leave it it's totally up to you. :thumbsup: :drinks:
Daddybang
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by magnum56 » 02 Dec 2018, 9:09 pm

Daddybang wrote:
magnum56 wrote:

Yeah thats pretty much what clive palmer.said first time around.
I'm just trying to give ya some advice cause it sounds like ya having trouble getting support for ya party up this way. Take it or leave it it's totally up to you. :thumbsup: :drinks:

There are a couple who have indicated they are looking at getting branch started up there, when that happens I will put it up on here, no one on the current committee is a politician, we don't have any yet, the only reps are those who are on the state committee, all have other jobs and responsibilities, so we are very limited in being able to travel.

It is hoped that we will be able to start fielding candidates soon, but this will require branches to be formed, if shooters want someone to vote for that will represent their interests, they will need to get in and help make it happen, if we don't get the support in areas, there will be no SFFP candidate in that area.

Probably time for the many that are complaining about crappy conditions and laws, that are not doing anything other than complain, to get in and have a go, the sit back and let others do the work won't change anything for the better, what the few of us have started up here, is the opportunity for shooters to be part of the solution, what they do about it is up to them.
magnum56
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by magnum56 » 02 Dec 2018, 9:23 pm

duncan61 wrote:Well done Magnum.I joined W.A. SFFP for last election and stood outside at a school and explained to people what we are all about if they were interested.Some do some bleat.you dont have to prove anything to anyone good luck

Thanks Duncan, it has been a lot of hard work, I have been working at getting the QLD branch up running and registered for over three years, we have had set backs, but persistence has finally paid off, I only hope all the effort has not been for nothing, we have provided Queensland shooters, fishers, farmers and others with another political option, what happens now is dependant on the support we get.

Well done on getting in and having a go in WA, if more were like you, we would have better firearms and other laws. :thumbsup:
magnum56
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 03 Dec 2018, 10:32 am

If I thought for even a second that Duncan was the type of person that sffp welcomed then there would be no chance of me joining. He and others like him are the last people I want representing me as a firearms owner. And before ya respond ud advise you to read some of his posts. Especially when he's talking about shooting ducks as they waddle around on the ground or thqt leveraction shotties are simehow getting around semi autos. Just because we don't vome rushing to join ya banner and ask a couple of questions about the plans ya have dont make people apathetic whingers some of us wont join a political party of any stripe but may choose to support ya with our votes. Anyway as I said best of luck with it all I'm out of this conversation . :lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by magnum56 » 03 Dec 2018, 9:49 pm

Daddybang wrote:If I thought for even a second that Duncan was the type of person that sffp welcomed then there would be no chance of me joining. He and others like him are the last people I want representing me as a firearms owner. And before ya respond ud advise you to read some of his posts. Especially when he's talking about shooting ducks as they waddle around on the ground or thqt leveraction shotties are simehow getting around semi autos. Just because we don't vome rushing to join ya banner and ask a couple of questions about the plans ya have dont make people apathetic whingers some of us wont join a political party of any stripe but may choose to support ya with our votes. Anyway as I said best of luck with it all I'm out of this conversation . :lol: :drinks:

I am not sure why you are getting so agitated, I have explained our situation, as being up front and honest is important, nowhere have I said you had to come rushing to join our banner, your words, if where we are at and how we are doing things is not acceptable to you, that is your decision, we can only do so much with the resources we have, if people want to get involved, we have created the opportunity, if they don't, that is their choice.

As for apathy, it is rife among shooters, this is a well known fact, there are plenty who will whinge, but only few that are prepared to get in and do something positive to try and change things.

As for judging others I know nothing about, I don't go there, nor am I interested in getting involved in spats between other members.
magnum56
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by duncan61 » 05 Dec 2018, 12:55 am

On the fishing side of the party we have the best managed fishery here in the west.Crays within snorkel distance of the beach in the metro area and good fishing beach and boat.I will maintain my stance that semi autos are not essential to hunting and these bolt locking repeaters have got around the rules regarding semi autos in hunting calibres like 308 and bigger.In the wrong hands it is not in the interest of public safety.I was a bren gunner in the Army and no civilian needs that amount of firepower.Semi auto shotguns are something that should be allowed for hunting purposes but not centrefire rifles
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Western Australia

Post by Daddybang » 05 Dec 2018, 6:20 am

duncan61 wrote:On the fishing side of the party we have the best managed fishery here in the west.Crays within snorkel distance of the beach in the metro area and good fishing beach and boat.I will maintain my stance that semi autos are not essential to hunting and these bolt locking repeaters have got around the rules regarding semi autos in hunting calibres like 308 and bigger.In the wrong hands it is not in the interest of public safety.I was a bren gunner in the Army and no civilian needs that amount of firepower.Semi auto shotguns are something that should be allowed for hunting purposes but not centrefire rifles

Right duncan keep dribbling. A bren gunner hey? In the mid 80's? Got a photo of you and ya bren?
The fact is your views as stated above seem very contrary to the Sffp firearms policy put up by Clem in another thread. As I said you'd be THE LAST person I'd want representing me as a lafo. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:thumbsup: :drinks:
Daddybang
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 05 Dec 2018, 9:00 am

Wish I had a Bren gun DB. Some of the goats looked pretty mean when I got out in the paddock last. I think it’s been a long time since the army has used brens. Korea was in the mid 50’s I believe. 308’s in SLR’s and m60’s would have come in around the early 60’s yeh ?
bigrich
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 05 Dec 2018, 10:18 am

Gday big rich :drinks:
According to a mate (30year veteran) there were still a handful of brens that had been converted to 308 (?) I think he said that were in service in.the early 80's but they wete "as rare as rocking horse sh@t" and only used for pintal mounts. .so doubtful that anyone was carrying one as a trooper at the jts Tully in the mid 80's ( quite happy if I'm proven to be wrong on this.) :thumbsup: :drinks:
Daddybang
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Next

Return to Media and politics