QLD SFFP now registered

Shooting in the news and political arena.

Re: QLD SFFP now registered

Post by duncan61 » 05 Dec 2018, 12:29 pm

18 field SQN Engineers Townsville marched in Jan 1984 -1986 the mini mag and camo were just coming in and we changed from mark 5 international to unimog trucks did Tully battle school 3 times and was enemy for 3 months twice,best time ever.infantry had 60s but I never used one looked like a nightmare to keep cooking in the jungle.discharged 30 may 1986.not sure why you feel you need to discredit my posts but I can share what one of my sons stated"arguing on the internet is like winning the retard Olympics you might get gold but you are still a retard"bit cruel but the message is clear
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Western Australia

Post by Daddybang » 05 Dec 2018, 1:45 pm

duncan61 wrote:18 field SQN Engineers Townsville marched in Jan 1984 -1986 the mini mag and camo were just coming in and we changed from mark 5 international to unimog trucks did Tully battle school 3 times and was enemy for 3 months twice,best time ever.infantry had 60s but I never used one looked like a nightmare to keep cooking in the jungle.discharged 30 may 1986.not sure why you feel you need to discredit my posts but I can share what one of my sons stated"arguing on the internet is like winning the retard Olympics you might get gold but you are still a retard"bit cruel but the message is clear

And now ya trying to say you were mounted??
Funny a post YOU posted said.and I quote " I carried a bren" sorry Duncan ya full of it mate and ya really want to hope ya not lying about ya service cause this retard has already started to enquire thru some of the official channels. SGFYS.
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by duncan61 » 05 Dec 2018, 4:31 pm

Engineers we do bridges and minefields and similar tasks sappers is what we are called
duncan61
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Western Australia

Post by Daddybang » 05 Dec 2018, 4:39 pm

duncan61 wrote:Engineers we do bridges and minefields and similar tasks sappers is what we are called

Do they allow two year enlistments?
As I said I personally don't believe a f##kn word ya say others may believe ya but my father and all the other vets I've spoken to have pulled ya story apart Duncan so be very careful what ya say next because this is not a hunting story tjat has the"chopper reid" effect tjis story will end up with you im trouble with the law. Personally id quit while ya ahead. As I said sgfys.
Daddybang
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 05 Dec 2018, 6:27 pm

Daddybang wrote:Gday big rich :drinks:
According to a mate (30year veteran) there were still a handful of brens that had been converted to 308 (?) I think he said that were in service in.the early 80's but they wete "as rare as rocking horse sh@t" and only used for pintal mounts. .so doubtful that anyone was carrying one as a trooper at the jts Tully in the mid 80's ( quite happy if I'm proven to be wrong on this.) :thumbsup: :drinks:

actually DB, ya just jogged my memory. i think india converted a lot of brens to fire 7.62 nato, and their probably still in use :unknown: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Post by duncan61 » 05 Dec 2018, 7:27 pm

img188.jpg
img188.jpg (1.61 MiB) Viewed 351 times
I joined may 31 1983 3 months basic 3 months school of military engineering Casula. Christmas break Asked for Townsville got Townsville Lavarack Barracks.so all up 3 years why do you care so much.I like this forum I am not going away
duncan61
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Western Australia

Post by duncan61 » 05 Dec 2018, 7:45 pm

Yes the Australian issue Brens were 7.62 NATO as were the SLR the difference between the British original was our magazines were straight and the flash arrestor was slots not a cone.The british one had a bent magazine to handle 303 Both took 30 rounds but we only ever loaded 28 as the spring was not happy with 30 and could jam on the first go.A lot of our equipment had been to Vietnam and showed the signs.I was issued a water bag and it had a hole and a brown stain in the middle I was given another,We would drink the 2l wine and use the bags as water containers as they went in the issue bag perfect and I had one under my shirt at the front and one on my back that I could swing to the front if needed as well as 6 water bottles on my webbing.Its f in hot in the wet and I would drink nearly all of it on the march our packs went in the truck and I could resupply every night.As I said the mini mag was being trialed and some senior WOs were getting around in camo.The WO1 at Tully was WO1Payne and he was soon to retire and had 100 acres somewhere near by.Other people are possibly following this so its not all about us
duncan61
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Western Australia

Post by Daddybang » 06 Dec 2018, 6:36 am

First off you joined this thread to have a shot at me Duncan (im a bleater remember) folliwed by ya.retard comment . Now theres 12months difference in the dates.you gave for ya enlistment you've also said ya were a brengunner and qs such you made the statement "no civilian needs that mufh firepiwer". Now I have no issues if you were in the army but something about ya story cries BS. AND I have a serious problem with a dh that keeps spouting the exact almost word for word nonsense that comes from the GCA policy paper.nnow ya right its not all about us so I'm going to leave the conversation but I'll leave ya with the advice I was given back when I started guiding. ...if you keep bullsh@ting.sooner or later ya get caught out. :drinks:
Daddybang
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by duncan61 » 06 Dec 2018, 10:18 am

Interesting that I supply overwhelming evidence of my claims yet you still call BS.I also tire of this and no one else is weighing in and it really does not matter.My wife actually dug out my old dog tags.I had no idea she had kept them in her jewelry safe all these years.My 28 year old son has been following this and is also wondering what is going on fortunately I have been to FNQ and met the locals its a cool place.
duncan61
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Western Australia

Post by Daddybang » 06 Dec 2018, 10:30 am

Overwhelming evidence huh??
My skepticism is not whether you were or weren't in the army I call absolute bs on everything else youvr said as the stories ya tell change every time ya tell'em and don't add up to what several other veterans have told me. Simalar to ya bullsh@t shooting stories I personally don't believe a word that comes out of ya now I'm done with this thread.
Daddybang
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by magnum56 » 06 Dec 2018, 7:58 pm

duncan61 wrote:On the fishing side of the party we have the best managed fishery here in the west.Crays within snorkel distance of the beach in the metro area and good fishing beach and boat.I will maintain my stance that semi autos are not essential to hunting and these bolt locking repeaters have got around the rules regarding semi autos in hunting calibres like 308 and bigger.In the wrong hands it is not in the interest of public safety.I was a bren gunner in the Army and no civilian needs that amount of firepower.Semi auto shotguns are something that should be allowed for hunting purposes but not centrefire rifles

Duncan you are entitled to your opinion, and I respect your right to have one, however I have to say I disagree on the semi autos are not essential comment, need or essential should not be a factor in the debate, this is what the authorities and the many who would try to restrict us, try to use as a relevant argument, which it is not.

Statistics clearly show that once a person has been issued with a shooters license, due to the fact that they have been checked and deemed fit and proper, that it matters not what type firearm, how many, or what the appearance of the firearms are, these same statistics show that licensed shooters are not a credible threat.

Look at it this way, if I have a bolt action rifle, then I go out and buy a semi auto, the only thing that changes, is the type of inanimate object I happen to possess, my attitude towards, and likelihood of, committing a crime has not changed, I am still the same person, the old chestnut that we may snap doesn't was either, as shown by statistics.

And for the record, I have fired a bren as well, on the army range at Singleton during the 70's, cadets, I learnt to strip and reassemble one as well. :thumbsup:
There is only one thing worse than a green, two of the bludgers.
magnum56
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 07 Dec 2018, 5:56 am

And for the record, I have fired a bren as well, on the army range at Singleton during the 70's, cadets, I learnt to strip and reassemble one as well. :thumbsup:[/quote]

Huge difference between someone shooting one at cadets in the70's and someone claiming to have been a brengunner carrying a bren in the mid eighties. I reckon he might have had trouble building a bridge or clearing a minefield with a bren tucked under hid arm?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Previous

Return to Media and politics