FFS, Again?

Shooting in the news and political arena.

FFS, Again?

Post by Gaznazdiak » 07 Dec 2018, 11:03 am

This is where half the panic in the uninformed public comes from, d!ckheads like this clown stirring up sh!t just to get their head on the telly.

What a tosser :thumbsdown:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-06/ ... d/10588976
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Captain
Captain

New South Wales

Re: FFS, Again?

Post by No1_49er » 07 Dec 2018, 12:16 pm

Perhaps the clown here is the Commissioner who is reported to have said this: - "I don't know when others are going to wake up, but we have, I think, the fairest gun laws in the world; we are the envy of countries around the world in relation to our gun laws".
You can be the judge of that, but, if that be the case why do we have endless sniffling on this site about the inability to use sound moderators etc., etc.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Bigjobss » 07 Dec 2018, 12:26 pm

I mean cmon a handgun too! I wish we lived in a country were people didn't get pissy over something as insignifcant as this but we need to be more carefull with how me promote ourselves, this just stinks of a financially motivated stunt.

Also shut the frack up Commish
"I don't think it's necessary. People who use firearms for their sport or work know where to go to purchase guns and I don't think we need that type of advertising"
Bigjobss
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 07 Dec 2018, 5:07 pm

[quote="Bigjobss"]I mean cmon a handgun too! I wish we lived in a country were people didn't get pissy over something as insignifcant as this but we need to be more carefull with how me promote ourselves, this just stinks of a financially motivated stunt.

gunworld know through past experience that billboards like this are going to draw flak :D the average uninformed non-shooter would get their knickers in a twist over this because according to main stream media reports guns = gun violence. the signs not illegal and to those who understand firearms this is no big deal. i wish santa would bring me a nice shiny sako with a big red bow around it :lol: but as far as the general population is concerned, this is NOT doing us any favors :unknown:
bigrich
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Post by Cryptic » 07 Dec 2018, 5:11 pm

GW are doing it to piss em off and prove a point in their emotion driven outrage and bias and how ridiculous they are.
Plus they are getting a ****** of free publicity in all forms of media and only had to buy a sign lol.
In seeing that one and commissioners response if I was in power I would question his fitness for the role in having a 1 sided bias and wether that is conflict of interest. Sadly those above are on his side though.
Cryptic
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 07 Dec 2018, 5:16 pm

Cryptic wrote:GW are doing it to piss em off and prove a point in their emotion driven outrage and bias and how ridiculous they are.
Plus they are getting a ****** of free publicity in all forms of media and only had to buy a sign lol.
In seeing that one and commissioners response if I was in power I would question his fitness for the role in having a 1 sided bias and wether that is conflict of interest. Sadly those above are on his side though.

that's the problem , GW are poking a sleeping dog with a pointy stick. if their not careful their gunna get bit. education not confrontation :thumbsup:
bigrich
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Post by tom604 » 07 Dec 2018, 5:48 pm

bigrich wrote:
Cryptic wrote:GW are doing it to piss em off and prove a point in their emotion driven outrage and bias and how ridiculous they are.

that's the problem , GW are poking a sleeping dog with a pointy stick. if their not careful their gunna get bit. education not confrontation :thumbsup:

disagree , nothing has changed from 96 that dog has slept enough , time to wake him up and a legal sign is just a nudge not a poke ;) but did anyone notice the three to four bias in the comments :problem: :thumbsup:
tom604
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 07 Dec 2018, 6:29 pm

yeh the signs legal. it's not offensive to me. if it's a slow news week it could easily snowball into a half assed fiasco. to the uninformed, guns= gun violence. putting up a big billboard is going to push more scared sheeple towards supporting the anti's . to a lot of mum's and uni activist types, guns kill . simple as that . they don't know or care about our rights. they don't know or care about feral animal problems. guns kill . the media says so. mass shootings in america, we don't want that here so lets join GCA . lets go hassle a politician. lets have a public protest with tv cameras present . this chain of events could very well happen .waking up the sleeping dog could backfire badly. :thumbsup:
bigrich
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 07 Dec 2018, 7:27 pm

Yeah seen this the other day, no big deal. Good on em for doing what they are entitled to do and that's advertise a legal business!

Ol mate must be in the fetal position when it comes to signs or pics of knives, vehicles, matches, pools, hospitals, alcohol etc, they all cause way more issues than a firearm cause here in Aus. :unknown:
bigfellascott
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

-

Post by Bigjobss » 07 Dec 2018, 8:22 pm

More controversy = more publicity = increased attention and sales from shooters that feel like an opressed minority.
As I said it stinks like a publicity stunt, they probably saw an increase in revenue after last year and tried to replicate it this year.
Maybe I am overly cynical but this type of thing is overall negative for shooters so I dont see good intentions as the motivating force behind it.
Last edited by Bigjobss on 07 Dec 2018, 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bigjobss
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Bigjobss » 07 Dec 2018, 8:26 pm

bigrich wrote:
Bigjobss wrote:I mean cmon a handgun too! I wish we lived in a country were people didn't get pissy over something as insignifcant as this but we need to be more carefull with how me promote ourselves, this just stinks of a financially motivated stunt.

gunworld know through past experience that billboards like this are going to draw flak :D the average uninformed non-shooter would get their knickers in a twist over this because according to main stream media reports guns = gun violence. the signs not illegal and to those who understand firearms this is no big deal. i wish santa would bring me a nice shiny sako with a big red bow around it :lol: but as far as the general population is concerned, this is NOT doing us any favors :unknown:

I just love how the police commissioner feels entitled to voice his oppinion on a legal advertising tactic, yes I dont agree with the tactic but I disagree more with a civil servant flapping his mouth like a bitch looking for PC brownie points.
Bigjobss
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 07 Dec 2018, 8:31 pm

bigfellascott wrote:Yeah seen this the other day, no big deal. Good on em for doing what they are entitled to do and that's advertise a legal business!

Ol mate must be in the fetal position when it comes to signs or pics of knives, vehicles, matches, pools, hospitals, alcohol etc, they all cause way more issues than a firearm cause here in Aus. :unknown:

mate, doctors and nurses stuffing up on perscription medicine causes more deaths than the illegal drugs . ya don't see any outrage in the media over it but. the media is the beast to be wary of .gunworld legally has the right to have this sign. but it's confrontational with the general public. it's all about perception , and in our major cities and suburbs , there is a lot off negativity towards firearms . thanks largly to the media :unknown:
bigrich
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Post by tom604 » 07 Dec 2018, 10:10 pm

don't you think that a sign here ,a sign there, will slowly desensitize the general public (not the anti's) to guns? we have been doing the same thing (not making waves) for years and nothing has changed. (a bit like voting for the two major political parties and wondering why nothings changed) if you want change you have to stir the pot every now and again :thumbsup:
tom604
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

South Australia

Post by grandadbushy » 08 Dec 2018, 12:11 am

What harm is a sign a legal one at that it's probably just a sales pitch some people may not have heard of gun world then they hear this
they go for a look to see what all the fuss is and bingo they know who gun world is and does, Game set and match for gun world
Commissioner Stewart would say what he did because that's part of what his job calls for
Is the sign bad for our sport well I think it depends on whether you like guns or not I suppose but do they take it down?
Well if so it being legal and all where does it stop then do we then start taking the '' Gun Shop ''signs down to please people
It's my opinion that a little common sense is required from both sides of the argument and this business is entitled to promote his
business providing they stay within the laws i'm thinking most people would understand this even the anti gun loby
If all else fails well don't look at it I don't like seeing all the bill boards on the road sides at voting time but I just don't
look at or read them I've already selected my vote before the voting kicks off :thumbsup:
grandadbushy
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Post by Rod_outbak » 08 Dec 2018, 5:47 am

Do you remember the big billboards that used to be for Benetton underwear (Elle??), which caused various traffic accidents?

I recall there were quite a few official types; expressing hurt & outrage about how it was a curse upon society, and how the billboards demeaned women.
I dunno; I thought it demonstrated that Elle could make men crash their cars.
Hard to see how thats doing anything other than empowering women, in my book...

At that time, we had lots of upstanding official-types and citizens who expressed their fears on how it will ruin the world.
This sort of outrage about billboards has happened before.
Obviously; not everyone views the message on that billboard in the same light.
Should we be allowing society to 'normalize' us all, so we all think the same?
I dont think so, and it sure as heck wont work on me..

These billboards are no better than some of the 'Shock' news that is printed in many of the gossip magazines, and yet society still permits them to be sold.
I think the police commissioner should exercise a little more restraint; in my view.
---------------------
Sharing the extreme love with cats in Outback QLD
Rod_outbak
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 08 Dec 2018, 6:17 am

Thanks for the image rod. Ahhh , Elle macpherson in skimpy underwear :D

:drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Post by BangBangSkeetSkeet » 08 Dec 2018, 6:41 am

Rod_outbak wrote:I think the police commissioner should exercise a little more restraint; in my view.

What he should have said was " With our gun laws, there is absolutely no chance that anyone except a fully licensed fit & proper person who's on Santa's 'nice' list will ever find one of those tastefully wrapped under the tree on Christmas morning.
No laws are being broken. There's nothing to see here people, move along"..
My choice is what I choose to do, and if I'm causing no harm why should it bother you?
Your choice is who choose to be, and if you're causing no harm then you're alright with me
BangBangSkeetSkeet
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by trekin » 08 Dec 2018, 7:04 am

Bigjobss wrote:More controversy = more publicity = increased attention and sales from shooters that feel like an opressed minority.
As I said it stinks like a publicity stunt, they probably saw an increase in revenue after last year and tried to replicate it this year.
Maybe I am overly cynical but this type of thing is overall negative for shooters so I dont see good intentions as the motivating force behind it.

How so. GW run billboard adds all year, all over QLD. And I don't see their intentions are any different to any other bussiness who addvertise at this time of the year.
bigrich wrote:

If they get bit, it will only be because WE stood divided. GW's 2017 Christmas adds well and truely woke that sleeping dog, not only woke it, but grabbed it by the scuff of its neck and shook the sh@t out of it (that is to say that even the Deputy Premier and the Minister for small bussiness where both put squarely back in their place), why?, because there was 100% support from us.
Last edited by trekin on 08 Dec 2018, 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
trekin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Next

Return to Media and politics