operation bluesun results

Shooting in the news and political arena.

operation bluesun results

Post by marksman » 03 Jan 2019, 5:30 pm

marksman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Victoria

Re: operation bluesun results

Post by albat » 03 Jan 2019, 7:03 pm

not to mention 300 gel blasters!
albat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 03 Jan 2019, 7:06 pm

Yep, I wonder how many lives they've saved this time...
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 03 Jan 2019, 8:41 pm

“From January 2016 to July 2018 a total of 1317 firearms were reported stolen in WA, including 130 firearms stolen during a burglary at a Beckenham business.
Now police have revealed more than 400 firearms have been seized as a result of their operation.”

“Seized” is a very different word to “recovered”...
So how many of the 1317 have been “recovered” and returned? What? Too hard orcthe number not large enough to print ?? How about you focus on something easier then to try and save face and report on that...
I wonder if they are counting “parts” as full size fire arms like the last report from feds... pure junk.
Tikka T3 .260 (custom)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g
Steyr Pro Hunt 30-06 (Dud!!!)
Sauer 100 30-06
TassieTiger
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Tasmania

Post by duncan61 » 03 Jan 2019, 9:00 pm

Check the handgun on the right.I am curious as to the penalties for having illegal firearms
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Captain
Captain

Western Australia

Post by Bruiser64 » 03 Jan 2019, 9:23 pm

I think you blokes are being unfair here. If you read the article the police officer clearly states the operation confirmed that firearms licence holders are overwhelmingly law abiding and compliant.

I really don’t think it is any secret that WA has strict gun laws. This operation has also been well publicised. So if you were at all concerned that your storage was iffy, why wouldn’t you sort it out beforehand? My suspicion is that many of these non-compliance issues are from people who have held licences from prior to the mandatory safe storage requirements and never troubled themselves with complying.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by duncan61 » 03 Jan 2019, 9:41 pm

I feel I have been fortunate as my safe was borderline meaning not good enough and I was given chance to rectify which I did.then I bought all my ammo and reloading gear to this address and again was borderline and was given time as in 6 hrs to fix it and I have.The firearms that have been seized were not secured at all and if seized a charge is bought.A lot of the firearms seized were illegal and you can bet drugs have been involved somewhere.
duncan61
Captain
Captain

Western Australia

Post by Bruiser64 » 03 Jan 2019, 10:28 pm

duncan61 wrote:I feel I have been fortunate as my safe was borderline meaning not good enough and I was given chance to rectify which I did.then I bought all my ammo and reloading gear to this address and again was borderline and was given time as in 6 hrs to fix it and I have.The firearms that have been seized were not secured at all and if seized a charge is bought.A lot of the firearms seized were illegal and you can bet drugs have been involved somewhere.

Your experience tells me the police were very reasonable and focussed on encouraging you to comply. Which clearly you did. I suspect you were quite reasonable in your response as well.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 03 Jan 2019, 10:36 pm

Call it being cynical if you like and I can’t recsll exact numbers but not that long ago, the feds ran a story saying 5000? Illegal firearms had been recovered from stings etc - but then investigators looked into their claims and the real no was only in the hundreds - and every single, isolated part that they had confiscated from illegal imports, etc - was included as a “full fire arm” statistic. Ie - a single trigger? Yep that’s a firearm! Hey - I found the guard for that trigger? No, you didn’t - that’s another firearm!
Generally - if the police have confiscated 100kgs of cocaine - then they don’t photo 5kgs for public photos, they photo all of it - so where is a photo of the entire bounty?

Under what exact circumstances were the firearms seized? Were any seized for an interim period? How many were seized from ppl who did not receive their licence renewals on time? How many were confiscated because of licence amendments that were poorly publisized? How many were confiscated because old mate didn’t make 18 shoots the past year but only 17 ?
How many of the thefts were resultant from mishandling of sensitive information by reg offices?
Sorry, I feel for police, they have sh%*tty bosses - but I’m as cynical as anyone when it comes to our puppet masters and their self absorbing reasons for displaying / undertaking operations like this...there are better ways.
Tikka T3 .260 (custom)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g
Steyr Pro Hunt 30-06 (Dud!!!)
Sauer 100 30-06
TassieTiger
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Tasmania

Post by duncan61 » 04 Jan 2019, 12:24 am

Its on the news right now on ABC.I so want/need that f off 6 shooter with the 10 foot barrel
duncan61
Captain
Captain

Western Australia

Post by duncan61 » 04 Jan 2019, 12:40 am

They targeted firearms owners and worked hard to get every ones security up to speed.It was all about slowing down theft rates which are escalating out of control as thieves/druggies can get instant cash for firearms.People are being targeted for a break in as known gun owners and the seized firearms appeared to be semi auto shotguns and pistols.Courts are going to be busy and it will be a big cash cow for the state government.It was on the radio a while back that it was going down and I was ready to get compliant I cant imagine them finding an unlicensed 44 mag 6 gun under my pillow which happened to someone.oooops
duncan61
Captain
Captain

Western Australia

Post by Gaznazdiak » 04 Jan 2019, 8:54 am

Guns found under mattresses and lying in sheds leave police stunned
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-03/g ... s/10683316
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 04 Jan 2019, 11:27 am

duncan61 wrote:.It was all about slowing down theft rates which are escalating out of control as thieves/druggies can get instant cash for firearms.

In 2016 there was around 324.000 firearms registered in WA... so in two years approx .75 of a percent were subject to theft.....hardly escalating out of control as the alarmist bullsh@t from the media , gun control groups and others would have ya believe!! :thumbsdown: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Return to Media and politics