SFFP Show Their Colours

Shooting in the news and political arena.

Re: SFFP Show Their Colours

Post by trekin » 15 Mar 2019, 8:20 am

Wylie27 wrote:
grandadbushy wrote:Where's Aunty Pauline when we need her ? :thumbsup: :D :drinks:

For her outstanding firearms policy??? Umm no she and her party have flipped flopped on policies.

SFFP in NSW has said on many occassions they are not preferencing the greens aor labour, they are preferencing no one.

Nationals are running a scare campaign as the SFFP are hurting them everywhere.

To be fair, this has only happened in NSW, QLD policy has not changed and I have just recently heard that QLD candidates for the next Fed and State elections have told that if they aren't already licenced, they should consider getting one, and not to get shooters offside. Someone in the QLD State branch tried the flip flop before our last election, but they copped sh@tloads from LAFO up here over the sentence that they would maintain current laws, so they dropped that pretty fast and went to the election with a much better policy.
Don't be surprised if Lathan, if he gets a seat, will either ditch or be dumped.
https://www.onenation.org.au/policies/f ... I4k6r12DxM
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by zhuk » 15 Mar 2019, 9:17 am

bigfellascott wrote:
zhuk wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:they seem to think it's a choice between Lab or Lib and that's it and that's the way the media want people to think too, according to their agenda they are the only 2 parties that are running in the election. :thumbsdown:

Surely the stonking huge ballot paper gives it away though, for the Legislative Coundil at least lol

No people are brain trained into thinking it's either Lib or Lab, you don't see any other party's talked about leading up to the election, do you? ever wonder why that is? I certainly do. And I think it's all to do with money and power from those who control what Gov't gets in each election, ie this mob will bend to our will so they will get the golden handshake in the media via manipulating the way the people think via the hammering the media will or won't give a particular party in a way that influences the way people think and then vote.

Well when people are talking about what party is going to become the 'government' (usually the topic of conversation at election time) because of preferential voting it is only going to be either Labor or Liberal in the lower House. We have a two-party system, not a multiparty one as in many European countries.

Its like in Federal elections there's not a whole lot of talk about the Senate either.
zhuk
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 15 Mar 2019, 10:21 am

zhuk wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:
zhuk wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:they seem to think it's a choice between Lab or Lib and that's it and that's the way the media want people to think too, according to their agenda they are the only 2 parties that are running in the election. :thumbsdown:

Surely the stonking huge ballot paper gives it away though, for the Legislative Coundil at least lol

No people are brain trained into thinking it's either Lib or Lab, you don't see any other party's talked about leading up to the election, do you? ever wonder why that is? I certainly do. And I think it's all to do with money and power from those who control what Gov't gets in each election, ie this mob will bend to our will so they will get the golden handshake in the media via manipulating the way the people think via the hammering the media will or won't give a particular party in a way that influences the way people think and then vote.

Well when people are talking about what party is going to become the 'government' (usually the topic of conversation at election time) because of preferential voting it is only going to be either Labor or Liberal in the lower House. We have a two-party system, not a multiparty one as in many European countries.

Its like in Federal elections there's not a whole lot of talk about the Senate either.

And hows that working out for us? maybe we need to rethink the way this whole thing works cos it's not working for the majority of people and they are wanting another choice instead of the same ol same ol Lab or Lib BS which we all have to suffer now. :unknown:
bigfellascott
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

-

Post by Daddybang » 15 Mar 2019, 10:34 am

F@#kin off preferences would be a good place to start. :thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 15 Mar 2019, 10:49 am

No more backroom dodgy deals seeing people get in with 2 or 3 percent of the vote.
First past the post, no preference bullsh!t, you vote for a candidate who doesn't get up, your vote ends there.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Patriot » 15 Mar 2019, 11:14 am

We don’t have a two party system. There are other choices, no one is forced to vote Lib or labor. I’ll be voting liberal democrat at the federal election, good views on guns and are all for limited government.
Patriot
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 15 Mar 2019, 12:00 pm

Patriot wrote:We don’t have a two party system. There are other choices, no one is forced to vote Lib or labor. I’ll be voting liberal democrat at the federal election, good views on guns and are all for limited government.

Strictly speaking no, we don't have a two party system.
But in actually reality, as we all know, there are only two who have the remotest chance of forming government. All the rest are just also rans.

That said, without the minors to keep the majors on their toes and represent those of us who would rather stick pins in our eyes than vote for the bigs, we would be in even worse state.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Ziad » 15 Mar 2019, 5:19 pm

No it's a two party system. The minors only come into any relevance if the government doesn't have a clear majority in both houses
Blame it on the phone auto correct
Ziad
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by tom604 » 15 Mar 2019, 5:41 pm

Gaznazdiak wrote:No more backroom dodgy deals seeing people get in with 2 or 3 percent of the vote.
First past the post, no preference bullsh!t, you vote for a candidate who doesn't get up, your vote ends there.
Daddybang wrote:F@#kin off preferences would be a good place to start. :thumbsup: :drinks:

one man one vote ,,they would never get in again :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
tom604
Captain
Captain

South Australia

Post by Kel » 15 Mar 2019, 7:42 pm

Seems to me that SF&F is the party that is most closely aligned with my views as a shooter and farmer. I think the policy stance they have is moderate and they wouldn't be getting mentioned by the Libs and Labour if it weren't for the fact that SF&F is gaining momentum as more and more ordinary people get frustrated by the self serving main party politicians. This is the first election I have been looking forwards to voting in for a while now that I can cast my vote towards SF&F and away from the dismal main party options.
Kel
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Ziad » 16 Mar 2019, 8:23 am

Well well well, I thought the Australian government system was strange....but in a country with a population of 25 million, we have a guy who became senator with only 19 votes. Yes only 19 people voted for him, I wonder how many ppl he knows and even his family members who didn't vote for him.

No wonder he is trying to say and do anything he can to get re-elected back to a fat cat parliamentary salary.
Blame it on the phone auto correct
Ziad
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by magnum56 » 16 Mar 2019, 2:32 pm

trekin wrote:
Wylie27 wrote:
grandadbushy wrote:Where's Aunty Pauline when we need her ? :thumbsup: :D :drinks:

For her outstanding firearms policy??? Umm no she and her party have flipped flopped on policies.

SFFP in NSW has said on many occassions they are not preferencing the greens aor labour, they are preferencing no one.

To be fair, this has only happened in NSW, QLD policy has not changed and I have just recently heard that QLD candidates for the next Fed and State elections have told that if they aren't already licenced, they should consider getting one, and not to get shooters offside. Someone in the QLD State branch tried the flip flop before our last election, but they copped sh@tloads from LAFO up here over the sentence that they would maintain current laws, so they dropped that pretty fast and went to the election with a much better policy.
Don't be surprised if Lathan, if he gets a seat, will either ditch or be dumped.

Not sure where you are getting your information from but it is totally incorrect, I am the Chairman or the QLD SFFP State branch, I have been involved with getting the Queensland branch up and running for over three years now, and I can say that NO member of the current committee, (which have been in for nearly two years, before the November 2017 state election) back flipped on anything, also we were not registered and did not contest the last State election.

We did have issues with a plant around three years ago that had some pretty outrageous ideas, but the party removed him and his group, their rubbish was never published, I personally wrote the current QLD SFFP firearms policy, it was written and introduced well before the last state election and prior to that there was no policy by the QLD SFFP on firearms, I hope this information clears up any misconceptions.

Clem Wheatley Chairman QLD SFFP.
There is only one thing worse than a green, two of the bludgers.
magnum56
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by magnum56 » 16 Mar 2019, 2:35 pm

To those criticising the SFF in NSW, or anywhere else for that matter, I ask you this, what have you done to fight for shooters rights, unless you have or are prepared to get involved practically, you are hardly in a position to criticise others that have been out there actually practically fighting for better laws and conditions, it is easy to be a critic from afar, which many are, but sadly only a few are prepared to get in and get their hands dirty.
There is only one thing worse than a green, two of the bludgers.
magnum56
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 16 Mar 2019, 3:10 pm

^ Amen. So, so easy to sit back and criticise...if you really, truly care - “DO” something instead of talking about it. That could be as easy as a letter to your local MP or as difficult as running for a seat - but doing “something” is easier than ever in today’s tech / comm environment.

Best of luck Clem. As you have seen / corrected above - forums can be breeding grounds for rumours and innuendo that then becomes fact - from nameless faces....one has to wonder how much is ignorance and how much is on purpose...
Last edited by TassieTiger on 16 Mar 2019, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikka T3 .260 (custom)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g
Steyr Pro Hunt 30-06 (Dud!!!)
Sauer 100 30-06
TassieTiger
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Tasmania

Post by Gaznazdiak » 16 Mar 2019, 3:28 pm

magnum56 wrote:To those criticising the SFF in NSW, or anywhere else for that matter, I ask you this, what have you done to fight for shooters rights, unless you have or are prepared to get involved practically, you are hardly in a position to criticise others that have been out there actually practically fighting for better laws and conditions, it is easy to be a critic from afar, which many are, but sadly only a few are prepared to get in and get their hands dirty.

Firstly Clem, good on you for having a go at it.

Secondly, mate if you throw your hat in the political ring, you have to be prepared to weather criticism from random members of the public, the people whose votes you're looking for to get you in.
Telling people they don't have the right to criticize your party's actions is not the way to win hearts and minds, let alone votes.

If some mild critiques on the web upset you, politics is going to be a nightmare.

That said good luck in NSW next weekend. :thumbsup:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 16 Mar 2019, 4:24 pm

Maybe look at what trekkin has written. ..don't think he's talking about the sffp. :!:
Which should be pretty f@#kin obvious as the sffp hasn't contested an election in qld yet :D :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 16 Mar 2019, 5:43 pm

I voted today for the SFFP :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

-

Post by trekin » 16 Mar 2019, 7:04 pm

magnum56 wrote:
trekin wrote:
Wylie27 wrote:

Not sure where you are getting your information from but it is totally incorrect, I am the Chairman or the QLD SFFP State branch, I have been involved with getting the Queensland branch up and running for over three years now, and I can say that NO member of the current committee, (which have been in for nearly two years, before the November 2017 state election) back flipped on anything, also we were not registered and did not contest the last State election.

We did have issues with a plant around three years ago that had some pretty outrageous ideas, but the party removed him and his group, their rubbish was never published, I personally wrote the current QLD SFFP firearms policy, it was written and introduced well before the last state election and prior to that there was no policy by the QLD SFFP on firearms, I hope this information clears up any misconceptions.

Clem Wheatley Chairman QLD SFFP.

Mate, cool your horses, I wasn't speaking about your SFFP QLD, I was talking about PHON QLD.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

PreviousNext

Return to Media and politics