Federal Elections

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Federal Elections

Post by Gaznazdiak » 02 Mar 2019, 3:29 pm

Further to the above Patriot, does the name Huang Xiangmo not ring any bells?

This communist donated huge amounts, then after being refused permanent residency, demanded his money back, surely enough proof to anyone that he was expecting value for his money.
That's reason enough, wouldn't you think?
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Patriot » 02 Mar 2019, 3:38 pm

Gaznazdiak wrote:Further to the above Patriot, does the name Huang Xiangmo not ring any bells?

This communist donated huge amounts, then after being refused permanent residency, demanded his money back, surely enough proof to anyone that he was expecting value for his money.

Well mate if he was silly enough to trust a politician that’s his problem.
As I said what people do with their money is their business, not the business of the general public.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 02 Mar 2019, 3:51 pm

Patriot wrote:
Gaznazdiak wrote:Further to the above Patriot, does the name Huang Xiangmo not ring any bells?

As I said what people do with their money is their business, not the business of the general public.

So you have no problem with the Chinese Communist Party buying influence with Australia's government?

Or a foreign media mogul like Murdoch?
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Patriot » 02 Mar 2019, 4:05 pm

Gaznazdiak wrote:
Patriot wrote:

So you have no problem with the Chinese Communist Party buying influence with Australia's government?

Or a foreign media mogul like Murdoch?

Of course I do mate.
I also have problems with union thugs buying influence also.
Political parties are not the Australian Government, they are private organisations and political parties are not elected to public office,individuals are. If people or organisations wish to give their money to other organisations or to other private citizens they should be able to do so with complete anonymity. Invasion of privacy is an attack on an individuals right to liberty.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 02 Mar 2019, 4:25 pm

I think it's time you took a reality check Patriot.

No offence mate, you a free to believe whatever you like but, facts have an annoying habit of getting in the way of fantasies.

Are you seriously suggesting we believe that political donations do not come with an expectation of quid pro quo?

That the likes Murdoch or the CCP just give away their money out of a sense of altruism?

"Political parties are not the Australian government"? :wtf: :unknown:

What are you smoking? What planet are you currently living on?

Political parties are the ONLY WAY to form government in this, or any other country, and you would have us believe they have nothing to do with it?
Seriously?

If a private citizen wants to donate to a charity or to a foundation promoting land rights for gay whales, that's their own business and a private matter.

If they are donating to organized groups who have the power to make laws and decisions that effect the lives of everyday people, groups with the power to send everyday people to their death in a war, then those everyday people have an absolute right to know who is influencing those laws and decisions.

If you don't like that, perhaps China or the DPRK would be a more attractive place for you to live.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 02 Mar 2019, 4:52 pm

Big pharma...USA....insane drug problems from opiates to anti depressants to kids on Ritalin....all from corruption re business giving $$$ to political parties and then demanding their money’s worth in return...
One of a squillion examples.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Gaznazdiak » 02 Mar 2019, 5:18 pm

A second "further to the above" and to put it into a context that just might resonate with you.
Hypothetically, Sam Lee starts donating big money to a new anti-gun political party.
Would you, as a shooter, not want to know who was funding a party trying to erode the few rights we have left?
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 02 Mar 2019, 5:37 pm

I see the reasoning why political donations might be kept private... but indeed most of them lead towards corruption.

Mind you while we don't talk about it, there is a huge amount of corruption and nepotism in the tiers of government of australia, and many government departments and even private businesses. Is it good..... ofcourse not. So yes the parties should declare any donation over say $500.

Doesn't stop the union movements and industries superannuation organizations stealth funding the labor campaign...... by advertising and creating websites to further agenda against liberal party policies and even funding think tanks like GetUp
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 02 Mar 2019, 6:01 pm

Correct Ziad.
By their very nature, political parties are corruption incarnate.

If you want to advance in a political party, you absolutely must toe the party line.

If the people in your electorate want something counter to the party line, stiff sh!t. The only thing that matters to them is fleeting temporal power. Anyone who says they believe otherwise is either duplicitous or deficient.

A perfect example is the electorate of Wentworth.
Most voters in Wentworth are economically conservative but environmentally progressive.

Their "representative" acts as an environmental dinosaur, purely because that's what those who fund him want him to be.
Abbott is far from stupid, he's a Rhode's Scholar, so he knows climate change is an existential threat to every living thing on the planet.
However, he's also a cheap political whore, willing to sell future generations down the river for a chance at personal power.

The claim that we have no right to know who pulls the strings on these puppets for hire is so naive it's sickening.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Patriot » 02 Mar 2019, 10:19 pm

Gaznazdiak wrote:I think it's time you took a reality check Patriot.

No offence mate, you a free to believe whatever you like but, facts have an annoying habit of getting in the way of fantasies.

Are you seriously suggesting we believe that political donations do not come with an expectation of quid pro quo?

That the likes Murdoch or the CCP just give away their money out of a sense of altruism?

"Political parties are not the Australian government"? :wtf: :unknown:

What are you smoking? What planet are you currently living on?

Political parties are the ONLY WAY to form government in this, or any other country, and you would have us believe they have nothing to do with it?
Seriously?

If a private citizen wants to donate to a charity or to a foundation promoting land rights for gay whales, that's their own business and a private matter.

If they are donating to organized groups who have the power to make laws and decisions that effect the lives of everyday people, groups with the power to send everyday people to their death in a war, then those everyday people have an absolute right to know who is influencing those laws and decisions.

If you don't like that, perhaps China or the DPRK would be a more attractive place for you to live.

All good mate, hard to offend me,as offence is taken,not given.
Not saying their is no expectation of a return on investment, but at the end the day it’s up to the receiver whether they honour their oath of office to serve Her Majesty faithfully.
Nowhere does the constitution mention political parties let alone mandate them as the way to govern. Our parliament has been corrupted by the party system.
Who you decide to give your money to is matter for you, nobody else, be it a charity, a politician, a union or the bloke next door.
Mate have you watched a elected official get sworn in by the GG? No mention of a political party, also if a party expels someone, they remain a member of parliament because the individual is elected not the party.
The organised groups don’t have the power, each individual member has a vote.
As for China and Korea, not sure how those nations are relevant to what I’m saying.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 03 Mar 2019, 8:48 am

Ummm. It matters not what is in the constitution re parties, if that’s what we currently have before us...which as you agree - is a corrupt system.
Do you know ANYONE in this country - who gives money away, without expecting a return?
What if it wasn’t a cash donation to a party - what if a party was gifted prime undeveloped land ? Do you think that party is then not going to lean on any development laws/amendments, to ensure their real estate gives them the biggest return? Of course they would...And then, what if the person that gifted the land - had land in the exact same area x 10 in size...that’s equal to sudo insider trading....you don’t think ppl should know this ?
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Gaznazdiak » 03 Mar 2019, 9:29 am

G'day Patriot,
Mate I was having a cast iron bitch of a day yesterday, and I think I might have sprayed a bit of it your way, no call for that.

I still believe you are completely wrong on the secrecy issue, but there was no need for me to get hissy over it, so apologies for that.

I'm happy to agree to disagree on it if you are as it's not a life or death thing just differing views.
:drinks:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 03 Mar 2019, 9:55 am

TassieTiger wrote:Ummm. It matters not what is in the constitution re parties, if that’s what we currently have before us...which as you agree - is a corrupt system.
Do you know ANYONE in this country - who gives money away, without expecting a return?
What if it wasn’t a cash donation to a party - what if a party was gifted prime undeveloped land ? Do you think that party is then not going to lean on any development laws/amendments, to ensure their real estate gives them the biggest return? Of course they would...And then, what if the person that gifted the land - had land in the exact same area x 10 in size...that’s equal to sudo insider trading....you don’t think ppl should know this ?

+1 taz . your onto it mate . MORE transparency AND accountability is what's needed in this country's political system. the preferential voting system is a load of b@llsh!t IMHO . it's almost like a grey area in election rigging .

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 03 Mar 2019, 10:33 am

Gaznazdiak wrote:G'day Patriot,
Mate I was having a cast iron bitch of a day yesterday, and I think I might have sprayed a bit of it your way, no call for that.

I still believe you are completely wrong on the secrecy issue, but there was no need for me to get hissy over it, so apologies for that.

I'm happy to agree to disagree on it if you are as it's not a life or death thing just differing views.

All good mate, no offence taken. Happy to agree to disagree.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 03 Mar 2019, 5:47 pm

Hmmm ... politics
I'll probably vote something like this. It's been so long since weve had a professional government that it actually doesn't matter whos in next.
I dont se any serious contenders this time round.
Just a whole bunch of left wing parties.... and Pauline Hanson.
Ndkskd.jpeg
Ndkskd.jpeg (23.34 KiB) Viewed 4496 times

Fdvg.jpeg
Fdvg.jpeg (29.1 KiB) Viewed 4496 times
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Daddybang » 03 Mar 2019, 6:38 pm

Yep that about covers it!!!! :lol: :thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 03 Mar 2019, 7:17 pm

GO AUNTIE PAULINE ! if she's the only right thinking person i can elect who has the old school australian values at heart instead and a veiw to look after the average aussies interests instead of the current soft c@ck i'll say what people want to hear dimwits, then i'll vote for her . again !
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by GojiraSteve » 04 Mar 2019, 9:32 am

Gaznazdiak wrote:Their "representative" acts as an environmental dinosaur, purely because that's what those who fund him want him to be.
Abbott is far from stupid, he's a Rhode's Scholar, so he knows climate change is an existential threat to every living thing on the planet.

I'm not so sure about that mate. While I agree he's smart enough to recognise that the science behind climate trends is solid, I've thought for a while that his base religiousity informed his veiw on climate change. In a "God gave us the earth, of course he wouldn't let us blow it up" kinda way. And I suspect he's far from the only politician basing their denial of climate change on this principle.
GojiraSteve
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Gaznazdiak » 04 Mar 2019, 11:57 am

GojiraSteve wrote:
Gaznazdiak wrote:Their "representative" acts as an environmental dinosaur, purely because that's what those who fund him want him to be.

I'm not so sure about that mate. While I agree he's smart enough to recognise that the science behind climate trends is solid, I've thought for a while that his base religiousity informed his veiw on climate change. In a "God gave us the earth, of course he wouldn't let us blow it up" kinda way. And I suspect he's far from the only politician basing their denial of climate change on this principle.

You could well be right there GS,
I imagine his god bothering does come into it, but my observation was based on his dogged propagandizing for the fossil fuel industry that so heavily supports him and his mates in the Lying Nazi Party.
His only real priority is personal power and whomever might fund him getting it.

I heard an interview with him in 2016 on Hack, the Triple J current affairs show, they were asking him about meeting reduction targets by 2030 and he said he had absolutely no interest what happens in "the far future", he was only interested in the present, proving he doesn't give a toss what happens once he's out of parliament.

I don't know what brand of bothery he subscribes to but devout belief usually comes with a goodly dose of selective blindness, so that may be all there is too it after all.

He'd still be more use as chum in my book.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by YoungSC » 10 Mar 2019, 4:43 pm

Had this video come up on YouTube. Thought it was quite good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl6gkB9HIDY
YoungSC
Private
Private

-

Post by Hotdog69 » 10 Mar 2019, 6:13 pm

Hi all I have been thinking about the election and am thinking
Liberal Democrats they seem to be more for gun rights than the other
The time for sitting on the fence has passed
Hotdog69
Recruit