Lithgow Small Arms Muesum ordered to deactivate collection

Shooting in the news and political arena.

Lithgow Small Arms Muesum ordered to deactivate collection

Post by Download » 13 Mar 2019, 5:57 pm

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-au/t ... 1/098/077/

This really f***s me off. Sign the petition folks.
Download
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Re: Lithgow Small Arms Muesum ordered to deactivate collecti

Post by Daddybang » 13 Mar 2019, 8:24 pm

Done :thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 13 Mar 2019, 8:33 pm

Signed. Unbelievable.
Tikka T3 .260 (custom)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g
Steyr Pro Hunt 30-06 (Dud!!!)
Sauer 100 30-06
TassieTiger
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Tasmania

Post by mickyj » 13 Mar 2019, 10:40 pm

The rendering of historically significant firearms enert is purely symbolic. It is a profound declaration of conquest over your birthright which is directly connected to the rifle and the side arm. Our culture has been under attack for decades. Don’t check your privilege check your conditioning.
mickyj
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by mickyj » 13 Mar 2019, 11:09 pm

F—king hell when are we going to wake up to the simple fact that the source of all our problems in the West is that all our governments are too big too powerful too dangerous too costly too immoral. The greatest most noble tradition of the West is the struggle against tyranny in all its forms. A man is not free unless he is able to defend his life family friends and property nor is a man free if he is not secure in his papers and private things. The individual is sovereign in the West that is and was always its greatness. We have forgotten how great it is. How profound and how insidious the battle has been waged agaianst us. We are the light of the world, if only we could remember this and hold our heads up high without anger against others but confidence in our own ways again.
mickyj
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by No1_49er » 13 Mar 2019, 11:38 pm

Signed.

Would be interesting to know which dirtbag pollie devised this. It might have been a wish-list item for NSW Police, but I would think it would need a ministerial sign-off?
Destruction of our history will achieve nothing, other than to (hopefully) clarify the minds of the constituents whose support they will no doubt seek in the forthcoming election?
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 14 Mar 2019, 6:40 am

I'm not happy giving out my address for a petition.

Why would they need that ?
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 14 Mar 2019, 7:42 am

Mate, I used to think like that as well - but then I spent a day with my IT department and they showed me how easy it was to trace an IP address...trust me - they already know more about you than you think they do.
Tikka T3 .260 (custom)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22
Sauer 100 30-06
TassieTiger
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Tasmania

Post by straightshooter » 14 Mar 2019, 9:01 am

The greater probability is that the French company that owns Lithgow has baulked at the cost of requirements for level 9 security so Lithgow has little option but to take the easiest way out.
In general in NSW there appears to be sudden increase in diligence by the police in doing 'safe storage' inspections which in reality are individual firearms audits.
This seems to coincide with an influx of ex military into the middle ranks of the police service.
This may be fertile ground for theorising, especially considering the turmoil within and relocation of the FAR, but does any body know what is really going on?
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 14 Mar 2019, 9:11 am

TassieTiger wrote:Mate, I used to think like that as well - but then I spent a day with my IT department and they showed me how easy it was to trace an IP address...trust me - they already know more about you than you think they do.

I don’t doubt that
bigrich
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Queensland

Post by zhuk » 14 Mar 2019, 2:16 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:I'm not happy giving out my address for a petition.

To be legally admissable to present to Parliament, your name and address must be supplied..we went through all this in petitioning the closure of the ANZAC Range at Malabar a few years ago. The Petitioner to the NSW Police Minister isn't just some concerned citizen, but those who run the museum itself (and who get not a dollar in Govt funding, let's remember)

This is a bloody outrageous decision, the wilful enforced destruction of an outstanding, world-class collection, which exists to preserve not only our history but to honour those who have fought in our name. If not for political appearances, where is the evidence of "risk" by museums to the community at large? Pathetic.
zhuk
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Gaznazdiak » 14 Mar 2019, 3:43 pm

zhuk wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:I'm not happy giving out my address for a petition.

To be legally admissable to present to Parliament, your name and address must be supplied..we went through all this in petitioning the closure of the ANZAC Range at Malabar a few years ago. The Petitioner to the NSW Police Minister isn't just some concerned citizen, but those who run the museum itself (and who get not a dollar in Govt funding, let's remember)

This is a bloody outrageous decision, the wilful enforced destruction of an outstanding, world-class collection, which exists to preserve not only our history but to honour those who have fought in our name. If not for political appearances, where is the evidence of "risk" by museums to the community at large? Pathetic.

Exactly.
The guns that put the community at risk are the illegal handguns that corrupt customs officials and others let in for the use of criminals, not historic collections.
What's next, closing the War Memorial so that the vegans don't get scared by the history of which they should be proud?
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by No1Mk3 » 14 Mar 2019, 3:55 pm

I won't sign a petition that requires my address, how is this data secured? My name, email and State is all I should need to provide and I would select the "don't show my name" option. No address details at all, ever,
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 14 Mar 2019, 3:59 pm

Put my address if it makes you feel better :-) 21 Bigsnake lane...
Tikka T3 .260 (custom)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22
Sauer 100 30-06
TassieTiger
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Tasmania

Post by marksman » 14 Mar 2019, 7:31 pm

signed :drinks:
marksman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Victoria

Post by Pennsylvania Yank » 15 Mar 2019, 9:34 pm

Why are the semi-autos/automatic weapons in the petition link’s photo colored pink? Aren’t you even allowed to show pictures of certain guns in your country? Lol
Pennsylvania Yank
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

United States of America

Return to Media and politics