Unfolding mass shooting NZ - Christchurch

Shooting in the news and political arena.

Re: Unfolding mass shooting NZ - Christchurch

Post by Patriot » 16 Mar 2019, 7:35 am

According to media reports in NZ an armed member of the public intervened at the second mosque,returning fire and the criminals fled. So could have been much much worse.

I wonder if he will be praised as a hero like the police have been.
Last edited by Patriot on 16 Mar 2019, 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patriot
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 16 Mar 2019, 7:44 am

And the antis are already making hay while the blood dries!!!
CNN -Christchurch massacre highlights NZ'z Lax gun laws!!
They f@#kin disgust me!. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 16 Mar 2019, 7:51 am

straightshooter wrote:Only a short time after the event our illustrious PM was able to announce that 'right wing terrorists' were responsible.
What remarkably efficient intelligence services we have.

The bloke live streamed himself so it wasn't real hard to work out who and why it was done. ..
Daddybang
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Re: Tragic NZ shooting

Post by zhuk » 16 Mar 2019, 8:04 am

He owned the guns legally on an A cat liceence.
zhuk
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Ziad » 16 Mar 2019, 8:05 am

The question to ask now, is the guy a terrorist or just has mental health issues.
Blame it on the phone auto correct
Ziad
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by dpskipper » 16 Mar 2019, 8:08 am

zhuk wrote:He owned the guns legally on an A cat liceence.

Only a matter of time before semi autos are gone
Rossi Circuit Judge .22/.22 WMR
Remington 783 .308
Ruger American .22 WMR
Gamo .177 Air Rifle
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 16 Mar 2019, 8:08 am

Both Ziad Let's not forget there were 3(or was it 4) others involved (that they know of)
So definitely a terror attack. :thumbsdown:
Daddybang
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Ziad » 16 Mar 2019, 8:36 am

Yep 4 guys.... but if he was live streaming, catch the guys seeing the show. These guys are bigger threat than muslims.
Ziad
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 16 Mar 2019, 8:42 am

Quoted - “New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said the suspected shooter accused of taking part in the mass shooting of 49 people in Christchurch, held a standard “Category A” gun license.

“My understanding is that he holds a Category A gun license and again I preface this, that my advice currently is that under that gun license he was able to legally acquire the guns that he held. That will give you an indication of why we need to change our gun laws," she said at a news conference.”

I hope there is not a knee jerk reaction but you can understand that the debate has to happen.
It’s not clear to me what has occurred RE the apparent bombs that were found...is that where the other ppl were implicated?
Tikka T3 .260 (custom)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g
Steyr Pro Hunt 30-06 (Dud!!!)
Sauer 100 30-06
TassieTiger
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Tasmania

Post by Cal-ApeR » 16 Mar 2019, 9:30 am

dpskipper wrote:

It's sad to say this but as soon as I heard about the shooting, I knew it was over for them. In saying such things, I know everyone seems to love semi auto etc but for most folk it is not needed. For me to bag my deer or hit some ferals, my bolt actions are fine. Farmers are a different story though obviously. The vast majority of us aren't farmers however. I feel safe in Oz knowing the meth head down the road doesn't have easy access to such weapons.... Yes I know there are illegal arms here but they are harder to come by. I'm ready to cop a mouthful for this comment.....
Cal-ApeR
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 16 Mar 2019, 9:37 am

Your are entitled to call it how ya see it cal :thumbsup: :drinks:
Daddybang
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 16 Mar 2019, 9:41 am

Yeah tas a couple of blokes and a woman were apparently arrested . That's from the media so I don't know how accurate.
And yep the debate will have to be had that's a natural effect I just wish they'd let the blood dry before it's had. :drinks:
Daddybang
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by marksman » 16 Mar 2019, 9:56 am

Cal-ApeR wrote:
dpskipper wrote:

It's sad to say this but as soon as I heard about the shooting, I knew it was over for them. In saying such things, I know everyone seems to love semi auto etc but for most folk it is not needed. For me to bag my deer or hit some ferals, my bolt actions are fine. Farmers are a different story though obviously. The vast majority of us aren't farmers however. I feel safe in Oz knowing the meth head down the road doesn't have easy access to such weapons.... Yes I know there are illegal arms here but they are harder to come by. I'm ready to cop a mouthful for this comment.....

what I would like to see semi auto again is shotguns and 22 rimfire, good for mobs of ducks and rabbits :drinks:
marksman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Victoria

Post by Ziad » 16 Mar 2019, 9:57 am

Cal-ApeR wrote:
dpskipper wrote:

Agreed
Ziad
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Download » 16 Mar 2019, 10:18 am

You're only supposed to be allowed to have 7 round magazines on semi-autos on a Cat A licence. Sounds like someone f***ed up to me.

Also curious how he passed a background check. Just looking at his Twitter (under his real name of all things) should have been an automatic disqualification.
Download
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Ziad » 16 Mar 2019, 10:24 am

I'll say it.... just to upset everyone.

He is white and not brown or black. The secret service (spys) are too busy looking at the brown ppl, and not enough on the white crazies.

I did read a couple articles in the last 6 months that mention the alarming rise of militant ideology urging action in far right movements across australia etc in standard newspapers like the age etc, but I suppose no one else did
Ziad
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by dpskipper » 16 Mar 2019, 10:27 am

Ziad wrote:I'll say it.... just to upset everyone.

He is white and not brown or black. The secret service (spys) are too busy looking at the brown ppl, and not enough on the white crazies.

I did read a couple articles in the last 6 months that mention the alarming rise of militant ideology urging action in far right movements across australia etc in standard newspapers like the age etc, but I suppose no one else did

you'll find there are crazies no matter what the culture
Rossi Circuit Judge .22/.22 WMR
Remington 783 .308
Ruger American .22 WMR
Gamo .177 Air Rifle
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 16 Mar 2019, 10:36 am

And how many Islamic attacks have been perpetrated by people not on watch lists Ziad. Sorry mate but trying to sqy he slipped thru cause he's white is just horsesh@t.
The intelligence sector contrary to Hollywood shows are not omnipotent and people slip past them that's just a sad fact. :drinks:
Daddybang
Major General
Major General

Queensland

PreviousNext

Return to Media and politics