What's coming

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

What's coming

Post by straightshooter » 10 May 2019, 7:30 am

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/new-y ... ty-policy/

Potentially a cunning tactic for the US.
Can't find an insurer to insure you, too bad you are prohibited from owning guns.
How long before it finds traction here.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Re: What's coming

Post by marksman » 10 May 2019, 9:10 am

give the ssaa a bit of time to catch on, :shock: it wont take them long to try and push this agenda :wtf:

like there firearm safety course they wanted to become compulsory as a practical part of the firearm safety test before you could apply for your licence
https://ssaavic.com.au/firearms-safety- ... goes-live/
and by the way this photo is straight off the link above showing a ssaa RO teaching someone to shoot safely :lol:
it shows what type of instruction you will get, can you pick the problems :lol:

I apologize for the hijack but I honestly believe this is where it will come from, the ones who should be looking after us :thumbsdown:
Last edited by marksman on 10 May 2019, 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Archie » 10 May 2019, 9:48 am

You do know that a bunch of organisations already have liability insurance as part of their membership, right? I think I have at least two between SSAA and ADA. Probably more.
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by marksman » 10 May 2019, 9:59 am

Archie wrote:You do know that a bunch of organisations already have liability insurance as part of their membership, right? I think I have at least two between SSAA and ADA. Probably more.

yea but Archie you do know that it's not yet compulsory to have liability insurance to own firearms as in the reason for straightshooters post :thumbsup:

by the way did you pick any safety concerns or shooting issues from the photo of the ssaa expert :lol: :drinks: I dont think you will have to try hard :lol:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Stix » 10 May 2019, 10:16 am

Marksman...whats your problem...seriously... :unknown:

Ill have you know, shooting a sporter weight barrelld rifle with the barrel resting on a bag is a tried & tested & proven way of injuring at least 3 out of every ten animals you shoot at, with this number of injured animals increasing the closer you get to them...!!

Also...teaching someone how to shoot a gun safely is all about empathy--you should stsnd forward of the action, lean over the rifle & not watch the shooter, so if an accident happens, you are equally as surprised & injured as the new shooter...!!
Its called empathy marksman--sharing feelings & emotions...!!!

Thats not to mention how unnecessary it would be to 'eye' the line of the barrel from behind to ensure they are shooting the correct frame & that the round will hit the mound... :roll:

Although i could continue on about obvious things like the shooters eye not being far enough back to completely limit their sight picture & ensure they have buckleys of hitting a car at 50 etc etc etc, im not gonna point it all out to you--its not for me to teach you how to increase your chances of a firearm mishap in a controlled & supervised environment & shoot a hole into the sandbag...!!

Seriously marksman, where does your power hungry know-all authoritarian attitude stop being so...so...so FUDD-ish... :unknown:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 10 May 2019, 10:19 am

:huh:
;)
:D
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 10 May 2019, 10:34 am

Hmmm...
Interesting Straightshooter...

It doesnt entirely make sense...&/or it opens another whole can of worms.

What doesnt make sense is that it mentions

"This legislation establishes and requires gun-owners to obtain and maintain liability insurance policy prior to such ownership. By having this insurance, policy in place, innocent victims of gun-related accidents and violence will be compensated for the medical care for their injuries."

Normally insurance is only valid under "correct use", or "in sound order" etc...
For example, an insurer may not pay out on a car insursnce policy if its found a car has modifications that werent listed on a policy, or they may not pay out on a public liability claim against a builder if the builder was clearly not following legislation (say in incorrectly fixed timber beam fell on someones head)--or probably better termed as the builder was negligent.

So i cant see any insurance company willingly insuring a firearms owner for what would effectively be wilful misuse of a firearm..(thats the 'violence' bit of this legislatiin)...this seems to be a direct contradiction of the intended puropse of the compulsory insurance...lol.

Then (i didnt see any mention of) security...so if someone has had their guns stolen & thus used to injure/kill someone, again the insurance would not pay out if the guns were proven to be kept contrary to legislation...however if they were proven to kept secure in accordance with such regs, this would then open up the State to be answerable to negligence due to insignificant regs on safety... (keep in mind the way of the world these days is that noone is reponsible for their actions/behaviour so we have to go through each potential candidate to be forced to take responsibility--the costly world of rights, culpability & litigation).

This would then further clog up the courts with trials, not just for the prosecution/defense of charges, but then also litigation/culpability (payout) cases with insurance companies.

Even given the firearms situation in USA, id hazard a guess this is at best a stretch, a hope, a something from the people who've been horribly affected by gun crime & who aren't suitably compensated for their loss...or at worst, another ill thought out but well worded traction gainer by the anti's.
I can see creedance in USA having some kind of victim levy funded by firearm registration-an NGIS--'G'being for gun- :lol: -but then we know how well our power hungry Western Govt's administer such things :roll: , so maybe not...lol
Imagine if they thought of that 80 yrs ago--it would have payed out a bit in the last decade.

So im no lawyer or legislator hats for sure, but i just see this as a legal & legislative minefield...& thus not something that could (surely not...!!) not be put into legislation in such simple terms as is written here...

So my guess is its yet another scare tactic by the usual fukwits who rely on their brain dead followers to perpetuate the momentum of fear-mongering the general population into believing the typical anti gun bulls**t.
Just like climate change...
Just like "speed kills"...
Just like shooting a fox is cruel, but putting a lamb through 2 weeks of distress before its death for consumers is ok...

I would hope we firearms owners in this country would stand united & not let ourselves be railroaded into such buggery as this becoming the case--but then, my confidence there is pretty lacking given the divided culture we firearms owners have in this country.

I say on one hand ignore this kind of rubbish...but then its also good to squash any false claims & fears these clowns try to impart on society.

Sorry for the long bit of dribble...
:drinks:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 10 May 2019, 10:44 am

When I asked why I am paying for a game licence to hunt on my own private property - I was told that part of that fee was for insurance against a ricochet or similar injuring someone - IN the case that I might not my own property liability insurance...I don’t know if this is true but it would make sense.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by GojiraSteve » 10 May 2019, 10:46 am

Don't let your PTSD about firearm restriction get in the way of the truth.

What you're looking at here is a case of a legislator gifting a massive windfall to the insurance industry by "appearing" to protect the community. In-plain-sight corruption at its finest.

Not dissimilar from our recent banking royal commission.
GojiraSteve
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by duncan61 » 10 May 2019, 10:53 am

Insurance is something you purchase if you need it all my firearms are covered by a 10 million public liability as they are part of my business.If I moved to NY and carted a handgun for self defence I would buy more than a million dollars cover.If I needed to use said handgun and shot out a window on a shop I would want cover.What other reason could you wish to have a handgun in NY except self defence.If it was made compulsory there would be plenty of companies vying for that trade.The article was written by someone living in the Mountains of Virginia.Serious??
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Archie » 10 May 2019, 10:55 am

marksman wrote:
Archie wrote:You do know that a bunch of organisations already have liability insurance as part of their membership, right? I think I have at least two between SSAA and ADA. Probably more.

yea but Archie you do know that it's not yet compulsory to have liability insurance to own firearms as in the reason for straightshooters post :thumbsup:

by the way did you pick any safety concerns or shooting issues from the photo of the ssaa expert :lol: :drinks: I dont think you will have to try hard :lol:

I know its not compulsory, just saying its not the end of the world. In a way its a bit like CTP insurance - tbh I hate paying it but if you remember what it was like trying to get compensation before it... Anyway I doubt it'll happen here. In New York state they're just using it to squeeze people to not own firearms in ways that can get around the second amendment issue. Here they don't need to bother with anything that subtle, they just ban them or restrict licences.

And yes, that photo... jeez.
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by flutch » 10 May 2019, 11:25 am

yeah screw this with a bent pole.... honestly any SSAA reps on here can actually cite anything they genuinely do for shooters and gun owners and hunters in this country aside from rampant Fuddery?
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by marksman » 10 May 2019, 11:56 am

I have insurance myself because I shoot pest animals with a populous place permit and if you dont know what you are doing when looking to get it you can pay up to and over $5000 per year for it, for an insurance claim there has to be an event that caused the incident and the insurance will not cover the damages caused by negligence, willful damage or illegal activities, it is a bad thing if it was made compulsory for owning firearms because it would be no different than the steal back in 96 under flack jacket Johnty, it gave a nearly bankrupted ssaa the opportunity to bleed many shooters who do not hunt by making it a genuine reason to have your licence and that is the only reason they have so many members, about 3-5% of members use the ranges, they report more than 189,000 members and more than 440 clubs, a big day at a big range like eagle park is in the hundreds, most members are members for a genuine reason only,
there insurance does not cover negligence, willful damage or illegal activity but I'm sure they would try to do deals to get something into the mix so that it was compulsory to be a member of a club if this insurance idea were to get a foothold in Australia

you are a funny bloke Stix, I like you a lot :friends: :drinks:
but remember rule #1 no poofy stuff :thumbsup:
you did miss that the RO has his compulsory to wear on the firing line glasses on top of his head while his head is next to an action while being shot :lol:
also the rifle next door has its barrel on the bag as well so that's how they teach new shooters to shoot straight (no pun intended straightshooter) :lol:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 10 May 2019, 3:40 pm

Lol come on its more obvious that this picture was staged. You could say the butstock was not even resting on her shoulder.

Playing devil advocate, she was likely scared and just wanted to get her picture taken.

No wonder there is no unity in firearm owners when we jump on internet and call derogatory terms if the other person doesn't agree to our views 100%
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by marksman » 10 May 2019, 6:59 pm

Ziad wrote:Lol come on its more obvious that this picture was staged. You could say the butstock was not even resting on her shoulder.

Playing devil advocate, she was likely scared and just wanted to get her picture taken.

No wonder there is no unity in firearm owners when we jump on internet and call derogatory terms if the other person doesn't agree to our views 100%

Ziad, mate, I am sitting here scratching my head because of your sence of humor :roll:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Stix » 12 May 2019, 10:47 pm

marksman wrote::drinks:
but remember rule #1 no poofy stuff :thumbsup: :lol:

:lol: you cant say "poofy" marksman...
not only will you offend some wanna be poofy people, but you'll also offend the people, who think poofy people should be offended... :? :problem:

:D
:drinks:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 13 May 2019, 2:46 pm

I know Stix it's a shocker

my daughter had to explain to me what a pansexual was the other day
bloody hell, I spend so much time undoing what the schools are teaching my kids it's ef'n unreal

hope I haven't hurt anyone's feelings :wtf:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by JimTom » 13 May 2019, 3:39 pm

Just had to search up what a pansexual was. Sounds pretty normal eh.
:sarcasm: :lol: :lol: :lol:
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Stix » 13 May 2019, 4:07 pm

Well jimtom...you could have saved me a google search & post it up...
:)

Ok i googled it...

Oh dear... :?
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 13 May 2019, 8:12 pm

Ahh glad she didn't tell you that you are a "CIS Male".
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by marksman » 13 May 2019, 9:15 pm

fark me dead :shock:
I cant keep up with it all :wtf:
its like the more people are getting educated the dumber things are getting :wtf:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by JimTom » 13 May 2019, 10:03 pm

Just wondering why we need a word for the opposite of transgender. Can’t that just be classed as normal?
Nope we need cisgender. The population is getting stupider by the day. Yes I had to do a search to find out what it meant.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Stix » 13 May 2019, 10:26 pm

Thats the thing though marksman...i dont think this is education...

All it appears to be is making up some new terminology to avoid being called _ _ _ _ _(fill the blank-leso, gay, whatever).

"Cisgender is a term for people whose gender identity matches the sex that they were assigned at birth."...
So does this mean that some can be a gay cisgender male...?...in other words a gay bloke that assumes the equivelant of the 'male'role in a gay relationship...? :unknown:
Oh Please...give me a break... :roll:

How long until it becomes official that we have 5 sexes instead of 2, that are divided into 17 sub-sexes... :unknown:

And what will happen when these sub-genders change sexual identities & preferences throughout their "journey"...will we get sub-sex genders of Pansex's who occasionally float in & out of 'gender blindness'...

And so how will that play out in a divorce...the guy caught bumming another bloke by his missus isnt gay, no..."no your honour im not gay or bisexual, unfortunately i suffer gender blindness when i drink beer & let strange men fondle my genitals in a gay bar..."

And it just confuses younger kids...for gods sake youre a guy or a girl--like i said before, this is just the new politically correct & socially acceptable way of stereotyping...seriously, why we have to confuse kids with this crap is beyond me... :unknown:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 13 May 2019, 10:30 pm

Yea me too jimtom...google definitions has got a workout today...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 13 May 2019, 11:05 pm

Rotfl... I did say.

I am waiting for a day when (as it's already planned to happen) that birth certificates will not have the gender of a child on them.

But in all seriousness, imagine a baby born as a girl decided that they are a boy and during school wants to go out with another girl. But later decided they much prefer boys.

But to complicate, the boy was actually born as girl, but decided they were actually a boy in a womans body.

Actually i am confused......
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 14 May 2019, 12:38 am

I renewed my drivers licence at transport a few days ago and when it got to gender I looked at the girl and declared I can put what I want here cant I,I cracked her up
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 14 May 2019, 2:45 am

Omfg. The more I see the more I want to run away...wtf is going on...I’m confused by it all.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Return to Firearms related media and politics