these are the best we have?

Shooting in the news and political arena.

these are the best we have?

Post by BangBangSkeetSkeet » 17 May 2019, 7:18 am

The two major parties both claim they are the only logical choice and that any minor party or independent is a wasted vote

Look where two or more decades of their combined economic and strategic policy making has got us...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-17/ ... s/11121120

It's our fracking gas!!! The Australian people. Sure, private equity funded the exploration and invested in the extraction and deserve a return on their investment. But did successive Federal and State governments, Labor and Liberal, have to bend over and take it - why did no-one (apart from W.A.) think to reserve a guaranteed portion for domestic consumption? Who negotiated these deals on our behalf? Short-sighted short-term decisions made within an election cycle so they can say "We created X number of jobs" with no thought to our future.

None of them are worth feeding.
My choice is what I choose to do, and if I'm causing no harm why should it bother you?
Your choice is who choose to be, and if you're causing no harm then you're alright with me
BangBangSkeetSkeet
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: these are the best we have?

Post by TassieTiger » 17 May 2019, 8:02 am

Doesn’t add up - if gas drives electricity costs as they are saying, why didn’t electricity costs spike when gas costs apparently spiked in 2015?
Tikka T3 .260 (custom)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g
Steyr Pro Hunt 30-06 (Dud!!!)
Sauer 100 30-06
TassieTiger
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Tasmania

Re: these are the best we have?

Post by Ziad » 17 May 2019, 9:12 am

I said it before.... the more renewables we are dependent on... the more we need gas fired power stations as they can start up quickly to meet demand.

Thus the gas companies (generator and producers) are laughing to the bank
Blame it on the phone auto correct
Ziad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Media and politics