Post Federal Election on Q&A

Shooting in the news and political arena.

Re: Post Federal Election on Q&A

Post by bigrich » 22 May 2019, 9:50 pm

okay , here's some stuff for ya's . the world has been naturally cooling since the times of the dinosaurs yeh ? i saw a doco on greenland a liitle while ago. it was colonised by vikings in the tenth century , so there are records of local knowledge and enviromental history . according to scientists, it was three degrees warmer when the vikings first went there , but the weather changed and it got harder to grow crops because it got colder. now , in the last 40 years, they are once again growing crops and growth rings on ancient pines that grow there are showing that their growth rate is back up to where it was 1000 years ago . no real point to make, i just thought this was odd and unusual . so there might be hope for tassie and new zealand yet :lol: :lol: :lol:

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 23 May 2019, 12:13 am

bigrich wrote:okay , here's some stuff for ya's . the world has been naturally cooling since the times of the dinosaurs yeh ? i saw a doco on greenland a liitle while ago. it was colonised by vikings in the tenth century , so there are records of local knowledge and enviromental history . according to scientists, it was three degrees warmer when the vikings first went there , but the weather changed and it got harder to grow crops because it got colder. now , in the last 40 years, they are once again growing crops and growth rings on ancient pines that grow there are showing that their growth rate is back up to where it was 1000 years ago . no real point to make, i just thought this was odd and unusual . so there might be hope for tassie and new zealand yet :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah pretty sure they found evidence of grape vines being grown in Greenland or somewhere like that too which would indicate that it must have been warm to grow things like grapes - Fkn Dinosaurs and all their destructive carbon polluting habits must have caused it to get cold there :lol:
bigfellascott
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

-

Post by wanneroo » 23 May 2019, 12:45 am

bigrich wrote:okay , here's some stuff for ya's . the world has been naturally cooling since the times of the dinosaurs yeh ? i saw a doco on greenland a liitle while ago. it was colonised by vikings in the tenth century , so there are records of local knowledge and enviromental history . according to scientists, it was three degrees warmer when the vikings first went there , but the weather changed and it got harder to grow crops because it got colder. now , in the last 40 years, they are once again growing crops and growth rings on ancient pines that grow there are showing that their growth rate is back up to where it was 1000 years ago . no real point to make, i just thought this was odd and unusual . so there might be hope for tassie and new zealand yet :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are plenty of trees on earth that are alive and date back 5000 years, especially here in the USA. When tree ring samples are taken it is very clear that there are 30-40 year cycles of cold and hot, plus longer 300-400 year cycles of cold and hot.

What I have always wanted to know from the global warming/global cooling/climate change people is when is Year Zero when everything was perfect and the earth did not change. These people are too dumb to understand that everything from the hot and cool cycles, the seasons, the tide, the magnetic field, the big storms, everything changes because it's a self cleaning mechanism for the earth. If all this did not constantly move and change we'd be a dead planet like Mars.
wanneroo
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Post by bigrich » 23 May 2019, 5:03 am

Climate change is being influenced by mans actions and population growth, no doubt in my mind. But it’s also being used as a marketing strategy to sell more cr@p for rich people too. Every new green product being made is creating emissions , it’s well and good to buy a electric car but the emissions to build it and the emissions to recharge it are something the average “green” consumer doesn’t think of. Anything that’s labeled as “green” normally has a premium price tag. I agree with waneroo on natural ebbs and flo’s in the climate and temperatures and that’s being used as a marketing tool
bigrich
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 23 May 2019, 5:06 am

You’ve cracked it BFS. All those scientists got it wrong. Dinosaur farts caused the ice ages :lol: :lol: :lol:
bigrich
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by perentie » 23 May 2019, 7:56 am

Heard on Bolt the other night that if it wasnt for Queensland OZ would still be Labor. We saved the day
perentie
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by SCJ429 » 23 May 2019, 8:07 am

wanneroo wrote:

There are plenty of trees on earth that are alive and date back 5000 years, especially here in the USA. When tree ring samples are taken it is very clear that there are 30-40 year cycles of cold and hot, plus longer 300-400 year cycles of cold and hot.

What I have always wanted to know from the global warming/global cooling/climate change people is when is Year Zero when everything was perfect and the earth did not change. These people are too dumb to understand that everything from the hot and cool cycles, the seasons, the tide, the magnetic field, the big storms, everything changes because it's a self cleaning mechanism for the earth. If all this did not constantly move and change we'd be a dead planet like Mars.

I thought that the oldest living trees were a few Brislecone Pines that were nearly 5000 years old, 4,800 years and counting.
SCJ429
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 23 May 2019, 9:18 am

That’s some old trees. I think the oldest living species is the wollemi pine from up in the blue mountains . It’s been around for 200 million years and was believed long extinct until it was discovered in one valley in 1994 . About as extinct as the labor party is going to be if they run with Anthony albanese . Shorten was too left for they country ,now their going even more left. And don’t start me on Penny Wong. Sorry fellas, had to get this thread back on topic even though the other stuff is interesting
bigrich
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by bullzeye » 30 May 2019, 2:26 pm

Loved watching these left wing loonies choke on the result (including the ABC itself) - otherwise wouldn’t normally watch Q&A
bullzeye
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by flutch » 30 May 2019, 3:05 pm

Dear God, two seconds into reading this thread and I've seen CO2 arguments, Australia contributes nothing significant, so anyone in favor of penalizing our populace or Industry is purely an idiot... That's of you can categorically prove that CO2 is an issue all round, which you can't, no such thing as a consensus on that .....
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Previous

Return to Media and politics