"Looks like a machine gun and kills like one"

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

"Looks like a machine gun and kills like one"

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 24 May 2019, 4:59 pm

".........the terryfing weapon Queenslanders can legally own"
Channel. 7 or 9 News have been playing this on radio all afternoon....
I can't wait to see what it is- any guesses?
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: "Looks like a machine gun and kills like one"

Post by Member-Deleted » 24 May 2019, 5:17 pm

Channel 9 so i'm guessing ... a beat up?
Member-Deleted

Post by duncan61 » 24 May 2019, 5:26 pm

Verney Carron for sure.
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 24 May 2019, 6:18 pm

Now it's a "murder weapon"!!
Looks like an AR15
https://www.facebook.com/9NewsQueenslan ... 664356973/
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 24 May 2019, 6:43 pm

Fully auto Gel Blaster .... somebody think about the children!
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Sus_scrofa » 24 May 2019, 6:56 pm

Sus_scrofa
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 24 May 2019, 7:17 pm

:crazy: Yep - total beat up. Police error - miscategorised Aussie made semi auto - NOT available to Qlders - tv clickbait bs - don't know why I keep tuning in
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Wm.Traynor » 24 May 2019, 7:24 pm

@AusGovGunFacts tweeted about it not long ago.
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Stoney » 24 May 2019, 10:06 pm

An Australian NRA is what we need. The SSAA is a toothless tiger. I would love to see Channel 9 f*cked in court for their lies.
Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Strikey » 24 May 2019, 10:14 pm

And the usual dribble from Sam Lee :thumbsdown:
Strikey
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 25 May 2019, 8:36 am

Stoney wrote:An Australian NRA is what we need. The SSAA is a toothless tiger. I would love to see Channel 9 f*cked in court for their lies.

According to GCA we've already got a powerful gun lobby here in Australia that's watering down our gun laws and our leftarded ABC would have us believe that One Nation is already in bed with the NRA.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 25 May 2019, 10:30 am

This could be a test case for the gov to see how much push back there is from gun owners as the gov slowly changes laws as they go along and this could be the key to Pandoras box where all our guns have been safe all gun owners should be behind this fighting fund regardless whether they own one of those guns or not if the SSAA and others don't get on board then we know exactly where they stand on our rights remember a small key can open a large vault to all our rights and treasured possessions and will leave the door open for everything to be taken unless the SSAA and others have taken steps of late then I will be disappointed in them and will ponder staying a member with them in the future I thought this is what having a body like SSAA was all about ie ''Fighting for our rights among other things'' anyway just my thoughts on the matter
Member-Deleted

Post by wanneroo » 25 May 2019, 12:36 pm

I saw it on Facebook, it's complete full retard fake news hysteria. They should be ashamed of themselves for such crap.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by TassieTiger » 25 May 2019, 12:59 pm

This could be a test case for the gov to see how much push back there is from gun owners as the gov slowly changes laws as they go along and this could be the key to Pandoras box where all our guns have been safe all gun owners should be behind this fighting fund regardless whether they own one of those guns or not if the SSAA and others don't get on board then we know exactly where they stand on our rights remember a small key can open a large vault to all our rights and treasured possessions and will leave the door open for everything to be taken unless the SSAA and others have taken steps of late then I will be disappointed in them and will ponder staying a member with them in the future I thought this is what having a body like SSAA was all about ie ''Fighting for our rights among other things'' anyway just my thoughts on the matter

I don’t know how they cannot get involved - no gun owners equals NO SSAA....
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Member-Deleted » 25 May 2019, 2:14 pm

Yes my sentiments exactly Tassie so why aren't they already involved and you'd be surprised how many will sit on their hands thinking that this does not and will not directly effect them , How wrong they are but as they say you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink
Member-Deleted

Post by bigrich » 25 May 2019, 2:34 pm

wanneroo wrote:I saw it on Facebook, it's complete full retard fake news hysteria. They should be ashamed of themselves for such crap.

yup .+1 . i thought about starting a post on this when i heard the adds on TV. but after the last chanel 9 "storm in a tea cup" beat up, i didn't bother. weapons liscencing stuffed up big time. the fact they want to confiscate from owners who bought legally with no compensation is just wrong. :cry:

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 25 May 2019, 2:51 pm

images (11).jpeg
images (11).jpeg (49.34 KiB) Viewed 4778 times

Next up, the every day object that's used to build houses all around Australia being used as a murder weapon.
We tell you how to keep your children safe
images (10).jpeg
images (10).jpeg (30.29 KiB) Viewed 4778 times

And the Australian manufacturer of civilian firearms, Lithgow Arms is mass producing the F90, a fully automatic war machine which will soon be available to thousands of drunken Australian shooters.
We're all going to die!
images (12).jpeg
images (12).jpeg (16.65 KiB) Viewed 4778 times

Wake-In-Fright-1971-01-10-34.jpg
Wake-In-Fright-1971-01-10-34.jpg (227.35 KiB) Viewed 4778 times

In all seriousness, I'm surprised that you blokes bother biting to this fake news rubbish.
News corps that run these stories are only making themselves look stupid.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 25 May 2019, 5:49 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
images (11).jpeg

Next up, the every day object that's used to build houses all around Australia being used as a murder weapon.
We tell you how to keep your children safe
images (10).jpeg

And the Australian manufacturer of civilian firearms, Lithgow Arms is mass producing the F90, a fully automatic war machine which will soon be available to thousands of drunken Australian shooters.
We're all going to die!
images (12).jpeg

Wake-In-Fright-1971-01-10-34.jpg

In all seriousness, I'm surprised that you blokes bother biting to this fake news rubbish.
News corps that run these stories are only making themselves look stupid.

what p!sses me off is i know that thousands of everyday people who don't know any better are being brainwashed by this sort of cr@p

bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by CAVEMAN » 25 May 2019, 7:26 pm

As a counter point with all the political BS aside.

Does anyone else actually see the purpose for such a pistol? I've looked at the pistol concept in the USA especially with sig braces and it seems like straight up loop hole jumping affair. And i can see with this pistol why certain people would get upset with it, without the associated fear mongering being created by the media. As it is blurring lines between established norms.
"Well if it ain't an 8 inch, i'm not paying"

Some guy on the internet circa 2020
CAVEMAN
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 25 May 2019, 8:51 pm

I get what your saying 100% - it’s weird as sin. Principal is what’s on trial here though...
although I don’t agree with feds doing what they are...I think there might also be a slight upcharge from the shooting fraternity - this is a strange and weird rifle/pistol/thing...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by CAVEMAN » 25 May 2019, 9:08 pm

The principal is important and we must stand up for our chosen sport/hobby/professional tools, but time and time again both here and overseas i think we end up doing harm to ourselves with pushing further and further into legal loopholes. And something like this that one would struggle to find any legitimate use for except for things i will not mention here i think do more harm than good, no need to fuel the fire when they already have it stoked.

CAVEMAN
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 26 May 2019, 12:29 am

What are you trying to say here Caveman they shouldn't worry about having to hand them in because there is really no legitimate reason to have one ? I don't like golf and can't see a legitimate reason for it ''why do they need so many clubs '' other than sport same as the gun owners many sports come under that umbrella ie tennis, cricket ,spear fishing ,to name but a few
''Except for things you will not mention here'' so what are those reasons I believe they have them for sport like target shooting as such and the '' no need to fuel the fire when they already have it stoked'' mate what are they supposed to do just hand in a gun that costs a fortune because people have moved the goal posts for seems like no reason
Mate laws and regulations are set in stone for everyone even the gov the only time they should change is with proper process otherwise why have rules and regulations and laws it they can change them as they please for no rhyme or reason , as for things you won't mention here are you saying these people are buying these guns for other than what they state , My opinion is at the least these people that own these guns should be given back their money as they bought them legally and through the right process required monies payable by the gov not the gunshops as they have done everything legally also the principal of this matter is very important its important for people to trust the law if they abide by the laws and not be penalised after doing so I think ethics are missing from the law part of this about these guns
Member-Deleted

Post by CAVEMAN » 26 May 2019, 7:54 am

No doubt they should be compensated, as yes they did buy them 100% legaly.

But these pistols could have a few parts swapped. All parts that atleast in OLD dont requiring any paperwork, and a new mag. And then you have a SBR that I don't think would even be classified as cat D more likely R.

And then we have the problem that I see that these "pistols" are just a facade. No one is actullay spending that money on that for a pistol. There spending it on a semi auto/SBR that they have found a legal loophole to acquire. Which because of our legislation we unfortunately can not own unless we fill certain roles.

So my point is yes we shuld stand up for such things, but then at the same time are we also proverbally shooting ourselves in the foot by pushing the limits of the legislation in the wrong way.

CAVEMAN
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 26 May 2019, 9:35 am

Yeah Caveman I understand where you are coming from but these people do have a right to challenge the move , I myself would not have one as I don't see any use for it but i'm the same with some other sport as well they bought them for sport at the range and they can only use them at the range no different to a semi auto pistol what they build them up to be or look like doesn't matter because once they have altered them then it is not the gun bought for their purpose and then they stand to loose it and all their other guns all in one sweep if caught There is restrictions on what they can and can't do with them if they make them fully auto then they are illegal I can't see range officers putting up with people not doing the right thing and lets give a little credit to those that own one and hope they are genuine too much has been taken already on the whisp of a pen. Mate I somewhat agree with what you are saying but that doesn't mean it's overly right we have our opinions and they theirs I think if the licencing branch had handled it better and not tried to barrel it through like a big bully and offered to return monies for their blunder then I think most would have seen that they had been allowed to purchase these guns through a break down in the system and maybe handed them in as they were now becoming illegal but that didn't happen Also as far as being a façade yeah mate you are probably right but many years ago you could be jailed for wearing a Bikini in public the world is full of facades that's what makes us happy in the every day trudge in life we don't always agree on the other persons choice and why should we if we did we'd be like them and what a boring place it would be to live so mate your opinion and good point but not every bodies way of seeing it
Member-Deleted

Post by bigrich » 26 May 2019, 12:05 pm

liscencing let people buy them cause they stuffed up, now they want to confiscate these expensive firearms with no compensation . that's what i have a problem with, the buyers did nothing wrong and are being "ripped of " by liscencing cause they are looking silly for allowing this blunder . as for these firearms being a "loophole" weapon , i can see your point caveman . but if this procedes in the wrong way, it could set a dangerous precedent . where's SSAA in all this ? aren't they supposed to be a advocate for our rights ? or do they have to operate behind closed doors and in secret with police/liscencing to avoid trashy media stories ? i wonder..... :unknown:

bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 26 May 2019, 12:09 pm

100% agree that owners should be compensated, but - is it all that different to the govt changing superannuation or taxation laws, with bugger all consultation, without g'fathering, that costs some minority many tens of thousands of dollars?
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Member-Deleted » 26 May 2019, 6:49 pm

Yeah Tassie I think there is even though they both hurt when changed mate with super you know things could change but ultimately there is a money outcome with tax well you know you can't trust the gov with your money and neither have solid laws to hold them back but something such as gun laws are put in place to protect people and gun owners alike and the laws are set and should be adhered to I agree with Bigrich this has been a complete stuff up from the licencing branch's side and more thought should have been taken from them , At the end of the day for super and tax you pay a nominated fee but to then loose an extra $6000 or so on top of normal payments could be some what devastating especially with nothing to show for it and also some may have borrowed money to buy this gun try paying less money for child support or keeping excess money paid to you by mistake from the dole or pension under pay your rego then the law makers come up with a remedy real fast or fine you because you have not followed the law and this puts it right back to the guns they made the blunder they fix it in a proper manner with no loss of money to those people as they wouldn't hesitate to charge you and recover the money if they had lost it to you also the law was on the gun owners side so it should be simple to fix
Member-Deleted

Post by TassieTiger » 27 May 2019, 9:37 am

Yeah Tassie I think there is even though they both hurt when changed mate with super you know things could change but ultimately there is a money outcome with tax well you know you can't trust the gov with your money and neither have solid laws to hold them back but something such as gun laws are put in place to protect people and gun owners alike and the laws are set and should be adhered to I agree with Bigrich this has been a complete stuff up from the licencing branch's side and more thought should have been taken from them , At the end of the day for super and tax you pay a nominated fee but to then loose an extra $6000 or so on top of normal payments could be some what devastating especially with nothing to show for it and also some may have borrowed money to buy this gun try paying less money for child support or keeping excess money paid to you by mistake from the dole or pension under pay your rego then the law makers come up with a remedy real fast or fine you because you have not followed the law and this puts it right back to the guns they made the blunder they fix it in a proper manner with no loss of money to those people as they wouldn't hesitate to charge you and recover the money if they had lost it to you also the law was on the gun owners side so it should be simple to fix

True and fair points - I cant argue.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Return to Firearms related media and politics