Darwin...here we go...

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Darwin...here we go...

Post by bigfellascott » 07 Jun 2019, 8:42 pm

Stix wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:
marksman wrote:what I heard was that the firearm had been stolen a long time ago but a licenced person recently bought him 2 boxes of ammo
it was also reported that he knew 2 of the guys he murdered over a drug debt and his ex girlfriend
he had been pulled over for speeding 6 hours earlier and the car he was driving was not searched, he was given a ticket and let go
and that he was under the influence of ice while he was doing these crimes

That sounds more feasible that what I heard, it's amazing how the media can get the stories so twisted and wrong at times, doesn't say much for journalism these days. :thumbsdown:

Just as people do their best to jump into the 'being offended' spotlight as quick as they can due to the social rewards it pays, especially with 5 minutes of notoriety on social media, journalists are also quick to jump into the 'first to publish-biggest impact' spotlight, because that too pays rewards.

A lot of them these days are just about self notoriety & career progression, & even if they get it wrong, they just claim their "apparent" source got it wrong or go quiet until the next loud shindig upsets the general offendees...all in all not being held to account for their publishing outlandish claims or complete lack of research.

I get the feeling a lot of journalists dont give a crap about what they write or the damage they do, & the only thing i know of in regards to holding media to account is media watch on ABC, & maybe sometimes 'the feed'...but what everyday 60 minutes watcher is ever going to see those programs... :unknown:
:drinks:

Too true Stix, it's all about revenue and more revenue and the truth has very little part to play in achieving their revenue targets that I can G'tee. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bigfellascott » 07 Jun 2019, 8:44 pm

Has there been a Candle Light Vidual for these people who have been murdered by this parolee? If not why not? there is for everyone one else that dies these day so surely they will have one for them too one would think.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Bruiser64 » 07 Jun 2019, 9:38 pm

bigfellascott wrote:Has there been a Candle Light Vidual for these people who have been murdered by this parolee? If not why not? there is for everyone one else that dies these day so surely they will have one for them too one would think.

I love a good candlelight vigil me. A wonderful opportunity for middle class people who have zero experience in dealing with (and no real interest in)working with violent offenders to delude themselves into thinking they are doing something useful. Respect.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 07 Jun 2019, 9:46 pm

Bruiser64 wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:Has there been a Candle Light Vidual for these people who have been murdered by this parolee? If not why not? there is for everyone one else that dies these day so surely they will have one for them too one would think.

I love a good candlelight vigil me. A wonderful opportunity for middle class people who have zero experience in dealing with (and no real interest in)working with violent offenders to delude themselves into thinking they are doing something useful. Respect.

Yep that sums it up pretty well I reckon - it's the in thing to do these days I guess, well until the latest and greatest thing comes along to keep ones moral compass pointing in the right direction (well at least delude themselves into believing its the right thing anyway) clueless bunch of sheeple if ever there were some :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by xDom » 08 Jun 2019, 8:59 am

Candlelight vigil?... Another American thing we’re gonna adopt. I’m tipping thanksgiving is gonna appear in Australia in the next few years.
xDom
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by wrenchman » 08 Jun 2019, 11:32 am

you no you guys are making the news here alot i would worry more about 1.8 tons of meth but the news wont talk to much about that.
how much makes it by customs meth yuk
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by JSS » 08 Jun 2019, 4:40 pm

We're just lucky this fool was on parole so the whole focus of blame is going to the justice and prison system instead. They make for a bigger story & better target than the "evil murder bang sticks", so looks like this time we get a free pass.
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics