Kiwi shooters are saying no to gun bans

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Kiwi shooters are saying no to gun bans

Post by RoginaJack » 23 Jun 2019, 11:20 am

This might throw a bit of light on the "buy back" -

http://www.sportingshooter.com.au/lates ... ack-scheme

Note. Para 2 "up to 95% of the original cost". Those magic words "up to", like how long is a piece of string, "well up to..."
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 23 Jun 2019, 3:14 pm

Hmm so they think there are 14k firearms.. set aside 208m for the buyback..... that's 14k NZD per gun.... someone can't count...or lining their pockets
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Stix » 23 Jun 2019, 8:29 pm

Ziad wrote:Hmm so they think there are 14k firearms.. set aside 208m for the buyback..... that's 14k NZD per gun.... someone can't count...or lining their pockets

Admin mate...usual Govt admin costs...
And yes...that will give you an idea of how much cash is wasted in everyday runnings of countries like ours...

Imagine how much is thrown away here in NBN, NDIS, Aged Care packages & everyday runnings like motor reg etc...... :crazy:

And just to add...they will say it was sucessful, AS well as add the extra jobs created when it comes next election...but naturally they wont mention the jobs were gun related... :thumbsup:
Rather they will spin the statistics as best necessary...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 24 Jun 2019, 1:28 pm

Yeah I seen first hand how much is wasted in public service
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 24 Jun 2019, 1:46 pm

Ziad wrote:Hmm so they think there are 14k firearms.. set aside 208m for the buyback..... that's 14k NZD per gun.... someone can't count...or lining their pockets

Ziad you can't count :lol:

What you are thinking of is the E category semi autos, but many, many A category firearms are now illegal too and that is the bulk of the firearms now banned. It's estimated there could be around 300,000 banned guns out there.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by marksman » 24 Jun 2019, 3:00 pm

wanneroo wrote:

Ziad you can't count :lol:

What you are thinking of is the E category semi autos, but many, many A category firearms are now illegal too and that is the bulk of the firearms now banned. It's estimated there could be around 300,000 banned guns out there.

plus the accessories :drinks:

cheaper to buy some pvc pipe and a shovel :sarcasm: :lol:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 24 Jun 2019, 3:45 pm

Screenshot_20190624-151237_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20190624-151237_YouTube.jpg (255.36 KiB) Viewed 5000 times

:lol:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by mickyj » 24 Jun 2019, 7:06 pm

Ziad wrote:Interesting read the herald article... I think 2019/2020 wil be sm interesting year... but there is a chance if decent money is offered and for others, jail time is offered the public will hand them in.

But the second article was written by looks like a 15 year old obviously American from their basement somewhere. Guys for your own good I would suggest not ready that crap..... it drops your IQ by 5% everytime you read it

Ziad, I think that’s a bit harsh. What exactly about the second article particularly stupid?.. seemed perfectly reasonable to me though was speculative in parts. But that’s fine..Cheers..
mickyj
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 24 Jun 2019, 8:33 pm

Wannaroo mate I think you are right...I read the article and there it mentioned 14k furearms and 208m.

Micky the whole article. My kids watch this bunch of YouTube videos from two brothers and they talk in a really excited high pitched voice. Everything is its oh my God...ahhh haaa.... etc. Etc. Etc...... I imagine this article to be really excited high pitched voice reading
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by marksman » 24 Jun 2019, 9:57 pm

Ziad wrote:Wannaroo mate I think you are right...I read the article and there it mentioned 14k furearms and 208m.

Micky the whole article. My kids watch this bunch of YouTube videos from two brothers and they talk in a really excited high pitched voice. Everything is its oh my God...ahhh haaa.... etc. Etc. Etc...... I imagine this article to be really excited high pitched voice reading

so its the way it is written that you dont like :unknown:
the content is ok then :thumbsup:
:drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 25 Jun 2019, 11:38 am

Marksman I read about half of it so cannot answer your question about the content. I do wonder how mitch is hearsay.. just like we city people have NFI of the drought or the issues faced by farmers in Australia... I am unsure how much this person actually knows about the poon the ground situation
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 25 Jun 2019, 11:50 am

Ziad wrote:Wannaroo mate I think you are right...I read the article and there it mentioned 14k furearms and 208m.

Also keep in mind this just isn't about semi autos but plenty of shotguns and lever guns are now illegal too.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Return to Firearms related media and politics