NSW firearms registry not calling a spade a spade

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: NSW firearms registry not calling a spade a spade

Post by BluEsky » 16 Oct 2019, 12:48 pm

sungazer wrote:The really annoying thing about all these organizations crying poor about how hard done by they are but they dont take any action. If all the organizations or even just a few of them united and actually stood up and fronted the politicians like the Gays and Lesbos have we wouldnt have to complain. i read on one of the posts here that there are more shooters than the gay community but look what they have achieved for themselves against a fair number of opposition.

:? So let's see if I understand you correctly, what you are saying is that we Need all of our 'Alphabet organisations' to band together and stand up on behalf of all the Shooting Sports, it would be impressive, for a start it could go under the banner of the NRASFFPSSAAANSWAPAPAIPSCADHA. Sorry if I have I left any out? ;)
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by sungazer » 16 Oct 2019, 2:23 pm

BluEsky wrote:
sungazer wrote:The really annoying thing about all these organizations crying poor about how hard done by they are but they dont take any action. If all the organizations or even just a few of them united and actually stood up and fronted the politicians like the Gays and Lesbos have we wouldnt have to complain. i read on one of the posts here that there are more shooters than the gay community but look what they have achieved for themselves against a fair number of opposition.

:? So let's see if I understand you correctly, what you are saying is that we Need all of our 'Alphabet organisations' to band together and stand up on behalf of all the Shooting Sports, it would be impressive, for a start it could go under the banner of the NRASFFPSSAAANSWAPAPAIPSCADHA. Sorry if I have I left any out? ;)

In essence that is exactly what I am saying. The first step is the members in these organizations pushing the board members to do exactly that. It takes getting involved getting some members together putting a motion to the board at an agm and getting it passed. If your not active in trying to change the way things work don't complain about them.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by TassieTiger » 16 Oct 2019, 5:39 pm

sungazer wrote:
BluEsky wrote:

In essence that is exactly what I am saying. The first step is the members in these organizations pushing the board members to do exactly that. It takes getting involved getting some members together putting a motion to the board at an agm and getting it passed. If your not active in trying to change the way things work don't complain about them.

Which is exactly why I am perplexed when you denounce the lawyer writing about poor registry service (although, kudos for expressing your opinion regardless), don’t support the likes of 365 accuracy who are clearly fighting misinterpreted regulations by FAR, etc...is there not at least a little hypocrisy to your statement above about standing together?
Are you a member of one of the above mentioned acronym clubs ? are you doing anything to support the shooting community ?
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by sungazer » 16 Oct 2019, 6:00 pm

Yes I am absolutely getting involved and pushing a wide variety of issues. One of those about shooting steel plates on certain ranges and for the Victorian range assessors to adopt the same guidelines as NSW have for their construction.

I am not denouncing the lawyer for the underling topic at all just the sensational type of writing and exaggerating the circumstances. More of a salesman approach than a lawyer that likes to stick strictly to the facts.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by TassieTiger » 16 Oct 2019, 6:59 pm

Fair enough - good on you.
I know I should do more and some others should at least start...
The sad fact is, we are going to lose ground if we don’t unite...if every member on this forum took 5 minutes to draft a letter to their local member and their affiliate clubs it would be a start - showing our puppet masters that we can organise and we can unite would have them counting votes...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics