Cashless Society - Our Future

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Cashless Society - Our Future

Post by bigfellascott » 14 Nov 2019, 12:54 pm

bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Re: Cashless Society - Our Future

Post by Member-Deleted » 14 Nov 2019, 1:55 pm

Yep banks took me for a ride almost to bankruptcy had to sell up and then go bankrupt if I hadn't done it that way the bank would have taken the money and none of the smaller companies I owed money to would have seen any of it no body cares for the little guy any more so then I paid all but the bank they only got the dregs '' karma '' I say there is a lot of bigger companies up here that won't take cash or check only bank card or acc card my opinion is if people still have cash they can still retain some worth and power but to let the banks and gov control the money then we have lost everything we have lost control of our destiny so lib and labour voters think very carefully on how you vote in future otherwise you deserve everything you get from the two major parties this is like the trojan horse it's so clear and simple it'll be stupidly easy for government to implement at the moment they are trying to get the masses to agree to putting people on social security on plastic money when that is fully implemented across the board not only in scattered areas then it will be our turn :(
Member-Deleted

Post by doc » 14 Nov 2019, 2:24 pm

so lib and labour voters think very carefully on how you vote in future otherwise you deserve everything you get from the two major parties this is like the trojan horse

Couldn't agree more. The easiest way to control a nation is to infiltrate or influence the major parties - which I'm sure is what's happening here. Even when people in the parties disagree - they have to 'tow the line'.

The more independents we have in there that can throw a spanner in the works - the greater chance we have of fighting off these global movements. Left or right bias - we need to put a stop to the momentum that both major parties have had in this country.
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by bigfellascott » 14 Nov 2019, 3:56 pm

Spot on GDB and Doc, voters are asleep at the wheel as usual, they only seem to vote Lab or Lib and then bitch about the results.

Wait until they require us all to be micro chipped then you will see just how much control they have over your life then!
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Stoney » 14 Nov 2019, 4:57 pm

There are only 2 nails left to go into the Australian coffin. A cashless society and the Republic we will be forced to have.
Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by deye243 » 14 Nov 2019, 5:25 pm

Yes i agree ...... this is no longer the australia i was bourn in ... thery have been busy brain washing the last 3 generation's to except all this we know what's good for you and it's working ......
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 14 Nov 2019, 6:08 pm

deye243 wrote:Yes i agree ...... this is no longer the australia i was bourn in ... thery have been busy brain washing the last 3 generation's to except all this we know what's good for you and it's working ......

Spot on D but not only here it's happening the world over. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Ricochet » 14 Nov 2019, 7:17 pm

If Australian politicians took lie detector tests the things would blow up like an Alqeda IED.

If we want the remotest chance of getting any control or getting polies to do what they say they will do we need to get rid of the vote preference system to make sure our votes go where we want and not funneled to labor or liberal, that's half the problem right there. It would give the independants a better chance.

Secondly we need to introduce mandatory in-depth documentation that is open to opposing parties and to public scrutiny as to why they have backed out of all proposed policy especially election campaign promises, so basically renig on a promise means explain yourself or resign.

Couldn't hurt if we added in instant loss of parliamentry pensions as incentive to keep everything above board, if found guilty of anything illegal whilst in office. This last bit is probably already there but there needs to be transparency and enforcement.
Ricochet
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Bill » 14 Nov 2019, 8:16 pm

The Liberals are full of lying Lazy Politicians who just vote down party lines without considering the content of the legislations.

I always thought Labor and the Greens were dumb but the current liberal National mob are fully retarded :x :x
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Member-Deleted » 14 Nov 2019, 8:25 pm

Spot on Bill and BFS there is one country with balls to push back it china look what those people are doing it will be interesting in the future though we don't want that sh!t here we want people to vote with their common sense not listen to the hollow promises like always
Member-Deleted

Post by JSS » 15 Nov 2019, 6:56 am

I always have cash in my wallet and i use it all the time, every now and then the look i get for using it just horrifies me. One place i go to regularly the girl quite often actually says "uhh now i'll have to go and do the banking, don't you have a card?" I just tell her that she can give her freedom away if she likes but i'll fight for mine until the end.
I also had a run in with the ATO a couple of years back that went on forever (which i won) and they were really annoyed by the fact that i use cash a lot because they couldn't track every cent i spent of my own personal after tax money. They can go and f#ck themselves, all it taught me was to use even more cash.
Cash is King, Card makes Slaves. A cashless society equals total control of the population, so whenever you're doing a face to face transaction you should use cash.
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 15 Nov 2019, 9:50 pm

Every dollar taxed, traced and accounted for... crime simply couldn't exist :sarcasm: and imagine all the money they wouldn't have to print if we were cashless and the government went into full blown quantitative easing,
Going cashless is in the government's best interest unless your the government that wants to implement it, it won't go down well with the voters.

I'm looking to put aside a heap more in cash to potentially avoid the pain if we go down the QE path and we have a surge in bank runs.
When the sheeple get a sniff that they might not be able to withdraw all their cash, the banks will get sucked dry of cash quick smart, Just like what happened in Grease... stay ahead of the game folks. Cold hard Cash and precious metals :thumbsup:

Were in the early stages of seeing our fiat currency system fail. Who knows how long the central bank and our governments can keep kicking the can down the road, they just keep pumping up the debt ceiling ... this is what happens when our money is backed by nothing but hope.

We're a long way off being capable of going cashless as a nation, we'll need a stable power supply and high speed internet 24/7 in the most remote of places in the country before it could happen... a big ask in Australia, i cant see it happening here ever. We have towns with no internet, We even have town's who's power goes off when the generator goes off at bedtime, Just the other week CBA customs went without for 2 days while CBA banking had a brain fart and nobody could access their accounts ... I've quadrupled my emergency cash holdings since that episode.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 17 Nov 2019, 7:59 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:Every dollar taxed, traced and accounted for... crime simply couldn't exist :sarcasm: and imagine all the money they wouldn't have to print if we were cashless and the government went into full blown quantitative easing,
Going cashless is in the government's best interest unless your the government that wants to implement it, it won't go down well with the voters.

Did you know that the RBA is a profit making enterprise. Every year it pays a substantial portion rather huge dividend to the federal government from the profits it made.

Obviously how do they make these profits, what are they selling?..... MONEY... actually physical money.

So they buy metal make lots of coins... then these coins are sold to the banks at face value. Most of the last decade the actual value if the metal in coins is less than the face value of the coin...aka a $2 coin costs less than $2 to make.

Similarly notes, infact here they make lots more profit, as a note might cost them 50c to make but they can sell the note for $20 or $50 or even $100.

Also note printing Australia, the subsidiary of RBA that prints our notes also prints notes for other countries and they obviously make a profit on that enterprise.

So part of what you are saying is unfortunately a misconception... and probably a hysterical misunderstanding. I did economics long time ago in uni but i don't think you understand the concept of quantitative easing. But please don't let me lecture you.

Qualitative easing is not just one thing but a raft of measures taken. Which could include printing even more money than normal..... this devalues our currency (similar to decreasing interest rates) but might be better as decreasing interest rates creates an obvious side effect of a housing price bubble.

Banks probably since almost forever haven't held physical money as reserve in their vault that was deposited. So your logic of a cash ruin could happen in 1960s... same as today.

We already are pretty much primarily a cashless society, almost everyone gets paid their wages by EFT, every business accepts a EFTPOS or credit card now a days. Most young people are going towards not even taking credit cards... just phone with electronic cards. It doesn't require electricity or a generator in your backyard..... lol
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mikejay » 18 Nov 2019, 6:02 pm

One could argue that Australia has been a cashless society since 1938, the notes and coins you have in you wallets are intrinsically worthless, their value is only derived because "the government says so" and what the value is worth depends on what the stock market says it is.
mikejay
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 18 Nov 2019, 6:46 pm

You've got your eyes wide shut there zaid, perhaps you were asleep during the important bits of your economic diploma?

Banks only hold cash to around 10% of the total cash that's on the books.

You put $100 in, they can loan $1000 out.

Banks runs will happen here when we go negative interest, people will want all their money out before its consumed by negative intrest...other than the 10% cash holdings the rest dosent even exist, It's just numbers on paper.

QE... it's simple, dont go over thinking it.
https://youtu.be/j2AvU2cfXRk
Last edited by on_one_wheel on 18 Nov 2019, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 18 Nov 2019, 7:18 pm

mikejay wrote:One could argue that Australia has been a cashless society since 1938, the notes and coins you have in you wallets are intrinsically worthless, their value is only derived because "the government says so" and what the value is worth depends on what the stock market says it is.

And thats exactly why Gold and Silver is real money everything else is credit.
Unfortunately we couldn't be scammed as easily under the gold standard. Now our wealth can be consumed by inflation as the purchasing power of our fiat constantly decreas.

I know what you mean, but "Cashless" isnt quite the word your looking for,
Weve actually been moneyless since the gold standard was lifted... now we just have currency.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 19 Nov 2019, 6:40 am

On-one mate if you read my post you would have realised i said exactly the same thing you just tried to tell me....

Furthermore the 10% value is for USA, Australia under APRA guidelines has a different requirement, which i can't remember exactly and hence i don't like to use a number in cash you hold me to it, but i do remember it was changed slightly a couple of years ago by APRA.

Anyway i rather not get into another discussion like climate change. But i will agree with you paper money is worthless as the value is set by RBA. Go for gold or silver.

Also if we hold all your cash in notes form like you have suggested earlier, we do run the risk of FIRE, THIEVES and we are still dependant on the government changing the value of our money and lastly inflation which decreases what we can buy from our money (which isn't controlled by the hovt)

If tomorrow RBA decide that the $100 note is not to be circulated they will recall all the notes, if you don't return the notes under your mattress, eventually they will be worthless..... making your cashless economy argument worthless (pardon the pun)

Let me see do you own a house? Or you have a mortgage. If second you don't care about the cashless society...cuz all your money is going into the system anyway. If you own it then do you have the title deed in your safe? Most people have title deeds in with their lawyers or their banks. So still at the mercy of the banks.

Seriously i do find the same people coming up with similar tin foil topics on this forum. Its rather funny and sad at the same time.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 19 Nov 2019, 6:44 am

So in short, if we eventually goto a cashless society..... don't pull out your money from the bank.

Convert it into a tangible asset like gold, silver, real estate etc.

If you pull it out as cash you are still at the mercy of the evil government and banks who can at the stroke of a keyboard make your notes worthless.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 19 Nov 2019, 6:59 am

I'm not making any tin foil theories it's already happening around the world unless you've been under a rock you might have noticed what's happening in Greece with people lining up at ATMs it's also starting to happen in Asian countries.

Don't forget that at a stroke of a pen they can also make private precious metal investment illegal force you to sell it back and relax the law once the price has been reset just as they did in the USA with Executive Order 6102

Some of those in the high end of town made a massive profit, no body was ever charged for not following the order.

Basicly were slaves to these picks.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by mikejay » 19 Nov 2019, 7:35 pm

Ziad wrote:So in short, if we eventually goto a cashless society..... don't pull out your money from the bank.

Convert it into a tangible asset like gold, silver, real estate etc.

If you pull it out as cash you are still at the mercy of the evil government and banks who can at the stroke of a keyboard make your notes worthless.

Slight correction......

"If you pull it out as cash you are at the mercy of the evil government and banks who make your notes worth less."
mikejay
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Bill » 28 Nov 2019, 7:47 pm

So the Victorian Liberal Council had their State meeting over the weekend and a motion REJECTING the $10K Cash ban bill was passed overwhelmingly.

Something like 95% of the 400 attending members voted against the Bill and Frydemburgers who was present left the room when the vote was taken. Gutless FLOG.

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 29 Nov 2019, 11:37 am

That plus them threatening to vote out those who support it come pre-selection means... this is finished for now
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Bill » 29 Nov 2019, 12:22 pm

Whats disappointing is no main stream media has reported on this, shows how far right our media has gone when there is nothing :thumbsdown:

Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 29 Nov 2019, 6:07 pm

Hmmmm lol
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Bill » 29 Nov 2019, 7:13 pm

Well Scomo has had the worst week of Priministership, smacked on the floor of Parliament lost the Union busting bill, caught lying, and his Cash ban Bill is stuffed

Soviet ScoMo :mrgreen: :drinks:

Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by straightshooter » 01 Dec 2019, 6:33 am

Bill wrote:Well Scomo has had the worst week of Priministership, smacked on the floor of Parliament lost the Union busting bill, caught lying, and his Cash ban Bill is stuffed

Soviet ScoMo :mrgreen: :drinks:

I suppose this is a source of high excitement for laber spruikers but for the general public .... yawn.
On the other hand I suppose these bills would be perfectly acceptable if they were sponsored by Mr. Albasleazy.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by straightshooter » 01 Dec 2019, 6:44 am

on_one_wheel wrote:I'm not making any tin foil theories it's already happening around the world unless you've been under a rock you might have noticed what's happening in Greece with people lining up at ATMs it's also starting to happen in Asian countries.

Don't forget that at a stroke of a pen they can also make private precious metal investment illegal force you to sell it back and relax the law once the price has been reset just as they did in the USA with Executive Order 6102

Some of those in the high end of town made a massive profit, no body was ever charged for not following the order.

Basicly were slaves to these picks.

I dispute your last sentence, we have been for a long time!
As for the earlier comments one only needs to have serious conversations with people who lived in countries under the Soviet block in that era to understand the various ways the population works around these forms of restrictions.
Drug dealers, organised crime and high flying business people already do it so some extent.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Bill » 01 Dec 2019, 7:31 am

[/quote]
I suppose this is a source of high excitement for laber spruikers but for the general public .... yawn.
On the other hand I suppose these bills would be perfectly acceptable if they were sponsored by Mr. Albasleazy.[/quote]

So you support the board of Westpac Straighshooter ??

and clearly you missed the bit where the 95% of the Victorian Liberal Council overwhelmingly reject Scomo/Frydemburgers Cash Ban Bill ! are they psuedo Labor supporters too ?

Why do you think forcing rural folk to drive greater distances just to pay for stuff with their own after tax money at a Bank ? Tell us all what part of this Policy you support.....

I'm a conservative voter but this bulls**t about banning cash under the guise of reducing the black economy is a load of bollocks and something you'd expect in a Communist regime.

With a stroke of a pen the Coalition could sign off on anti money laundering laws that cover the professional enablers in the Accounting/lawyer and Real estate sectors. Current estimate has that $36 Billion is launder mostly thru these sectors.

Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 01 Dec 2019, 8:52 am

It's 10k amount... i say 99.99% of Australians haven't seen that much cash in one spot, let alone made a payment. And while I too like some people here like to pay cash 4 some things... again 90% of the people use cards for almost everything... even if it's not legislated the society is moving towards cashless itself.

And lastly most of when many use cash is to pay a tradie for a cash job..... and it amuses me when they give you a discount of 10% from their normal price... when I know full well they making an extra 20-30% on the deal
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 01 Dec 2019, 10:45 am

Ziad wrote:It's 10k amount... i say 99.99% of Australians haven't seen that much cash in one spot, let alone made a payment. And while I too like some people here like to pay cash 4 some things... again 90% of the people use cards for almost everything... even if it's not legislated the society is moving towards cashless itself.

And lastly most of when many use cash is to pay a tradie for a cash job..... and it amuses me when they give you a discount of 10% from their normal price... when I know full well they making an extra 20-30% on the deal

:lol: :lol: :lol: all true :thumbsup: cards are convenient , especially "pay wave" . you end up spending money quicker than you realise ;)
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics