The man made drought...

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

The man made drought...

Post by Noisydad » 28 Nov 2019, 11:42 am

If you’re not aware of the catastrophic collapse of irrigated agriculture please watch this video...
https://www.facebook.com/56713209999086 ... =n&sfns=mo
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Re: The man made drought...

Post by bigrich » 28 Nov 2019, 12:16 pm

That’s really f*cked up noisey, another out of touch politician killing this country
That littleproud is belligerently pushing ahead cause he doesn’t want to admit it’s wrong
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Noisydad » 28 Nov 2019, 2:02 pm

bigrich wrote:That’s really f*cked up noisey, another out of touch politician killing this country
That littleproud is belligerently pushing ahead cause he doesn’t want to admit it’s wrong

This insanity is fully supported by three major parties!
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Stix » 28 Nov 2019, 3:45 pm

Hmmm...its just one...one...of many travesties unfolding in this country...(or should i say, has unfolded, but continues to self destruct despite knowing better)...

The many facets of Aged care...NBN...our manufacturing industry...Agricultural industry...Mining industry..Indigenous affairs...NDIS....etc etc etc...

This entire country is suffering from its own stupid greed, & willingness to be blinded by these so called "Governments" that rule us...
We've developed such a righteous attitude for wealth that we think we are "owed" the right to wealth, & at any cost...!!...even to our very own cost FFS...!!!

Hell, i even think them releasing all these strains of Calici virus will haunt us in the decades & centuries to come...our environment has changed--because of us...!!__& we are hell bent on some ridiculous drive of denial to get it back to where it was-- :lol: --...so much effort into new strains of virus' for killing rabbits, that are now a staple food source of not only invasive species, but also of Native's as well...but cats--the worst species we have here,--well--they're too hard, so lets spend some money on advertising, dribble a smidge into R&D, & convince people were trying... :roll:
Hell, Ive seen foxes stalking roos & sheep where once were small populations of rabbits would ease lamb losses...

We put so much effort into backward bureaucracy that any form of greater common good is long gone...

Its all about "who is right"...nothing to do with "what is right"...

I believe we have backed ourselves into a corner...like the Vietnam war where differentiating between southern Vietnamese & Vietcong was impossible, resulting in not knowing who you are fighting or who to trust--we're fighting ourselves, for ourselves, against ourselves, & thus, we cant even trust ourselves--being able to see right from wrong is impossible with all the power hungry narcissists backed up 30 to the dozen for their own slice of fame & power...

Anyone who is, or would be there for the tru greater good, will be shut down, drowned out, & made to look the enemy by the narcissist totalitarian power chasers...

I think one of the last ones we had, Mr Midnight Oil himself, went in with every confidence he would make a difference...well...by allowing the likes of Shortens need & sickening enjoyment for destructive games, didnt we show him what "real politics" is all about...!!
I have no doubt he walked out staring at his feet & shaking his head in utter disgust...

We rip out orchards & let thousands of tonnes of oranges rot on the ground while we import oranges from another country...literally...!!!...i mean come on...!!!
Could you imagine telling that tale to someone, anyone, who lived through the depression, & those who literally died in wars so we could make our own good life......?... :oops: ...wasnt that long ago--& look at what we've done since... :silent: .....what...?...Medicare...?...yet low income people's teeth fall out because we cant afford Dental care, due to the "Government" backed criminal extortion that Private health is...!!... :oops:
The fact we have self-destructed our own car manufacturing industry, yet still have to pay tarrifs on imported cars--and not to detract from the subject of this thread--water/our life blood the Murray Darling Basin--are testament to how honorary this country is to its very own people...!!!

We have...or had...THE single best piece of dirt sitting above sea level, with absolutely EVERYTHING at our finger tips---we should have the Chinese on our payroll defending our shores because every single person on earth wants to come live here...instead...were self destructing...raping ourselves, our land, & our oceans...and whats more, we're doing it at such an alarming rate, its truly embarrassing...!!

Hmmm...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 28 Nov 2019, 4:43 pm

well said stix , you highlighted a lot of sad facts that are true . once upon a time we had a political party that represented the bush , the nationals . sadly they sold out .....
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 28 Nov 2019, 6:57 pm

I agree almost everything you said Stix.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 29 Nov 2019, 2:13 am

Pretty right stix.

Well done 2.gif
Well done 2.gif (221.35 KiB) Viewed 2735 times
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gamerancher » 29 Nov 2019, 8:51 am

Water is no longer a resource, it is a commodity As such, it is now traded purely for profit, the cost is beyond the reach of most instigators and is now pretty much in the hands of the big "corporate" farming businesses. The M.I.A, which, along with the Snowy Scheme built to supply it,( not S.A. ) was designed as the "food bowl" of the nation. Large numbers of previously highly productive, food producing farms, devalued due to their inability to now access or afford water, are being bought up by the overseas based corporates and planted down to nut trees, as that is what they perceive to be the biggest earning potential for their investments, aside from trading overpriced water.
Call me old fashioned but I'd rather have the best fruit and vegies in the world, drink milk, have bread and eat meat.
The negativity around our rice growing industry is totally ignorant of the fact that our growers are the most efficient in the world, using 1/3 of the water of the next most efficient growers. We had an industry that set the standard for Worlds best practice, grew the best rice in the world, and produced a huge export earner for Australia. This industry is now almost dead.
The Murray River now runs constantly at high levels that historically were never seen unless it was in flood. All of this water is supposedly for "the Environment", maybe the "experts" that believe in this process should have a read of the easily available historical records of the river levels in the past.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by Noisydad » 29 Nov 2019, 9:06 am

I was born and bred a dairy farmer in north central Vic in amongst the permanent, irrigated greenery that was the Cohuna/ Leitchville area. In fact that area used to have the highest density of outside housed dairy cattle in the world. They supported 3 major milk processors and properties changed hands once in a lifetime. Casein made in Cohuna went to the moon in 1969. The first use of laser controlled land levelling in Australia for vastly improved irrigation efficiency began in Cohuna.
In the 15 years since I escaped, more than half the dairy farms have gone and they’re still exiting at one per week! These are farms that have been in the same family since European settlement. All three of the milk processors have gone.
I believe we will see the end of irrigation dairy farming sooner rather than later and nothing looks deader than a dead dairy.
I believe we will be importing liquid milk sooner rather than later.
The insanity generated by our mental puss oozing capital cities has to stop!
Last edited by Noisydad on 29 Nov 2019, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Gamerancher » 29 Nov 2019, 9:34 am

Totally agree mate. I grew up in a dairy farming area, although not irrigated. We had our own local co-op, hundreds of small family dairies that were quite viable. The end came by way of deregulation and land prices skyrocketing due to "city folk" moving in and buying up land for hobby farms because the area was "so beautiful and green". I believe there are less than 6 dairies left there now.
What used to be highly productive land is now chopped up into useless small blocks or totally covered in roof to roof houses, very much like what has happened just north of Melbourne. "Progress" apparently. :unknown:
I moved out 18 years ago, can't stand the place now, the area is basically a "sleeper" suburb of Sydney these days.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by Wapiti » 03 Dec 2019, 12:09 pm

As a cattle farmer effected by this drought, I thank you for putting up that link. I admit it brought tears to my eyes as I see it all around me.

I have sent the video to my wife so she can link it to her Facebook, she knows how to drive it and has lots of professional friends who will respect that it came from her, and watch and share it.
I'm hopeless on Facebook and stay away.

David Littleproud is our member, and I cannot put into words my disappointment and contempt for that man. Unfortunately, I have never seen a politician who doesn't hide behind excuses, or their precious salary.

Edit for bad spelling
Wapiti
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Noisydad » 03 Dec 2019, 12:20 pm

If you think it sounds bad enough at this then please read on and see what these despicable dogs are doing to this group of farmer...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ction.html
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Return to Firearms related media and politics