Man suffers facial injuries at Eagle Park Range Little River

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Man suffers facial injuries at Eagle Park Range Little R

Post by pajamatime » 09 Mar 2014, 7:06 pm

this sorta shirt gives people nightmares, Hope the poor bugga is ok.
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by FourFingersof Death » 09 Mar 2014, 11:13 pm

The Omarks need to have the bigger cross pin installed and also need to have a key fitted to the the bolt head. There is a chance that if broken, the bolt can be closed by the shooter and the lugs don't turn. On firing, the bolt can fly back out as there would be nothing holding it. Mine has the bigger pin and a key installed.

Not saying it was an Omark that failed for the guy,but there were posts about Omarks.
FourFingersof Death
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by handofcod » 10 Mar 2014, 7:47 am

pajamatime wrote:this sorta shirt gives people nightmares, Hope the poor bugga is ok.

I was there yesterday and someone had a photo of the damage on their phone. He'll have permanent facial scaring and probably a broken jaw and cheekbone.
CZ452 22lr | Remington 5R Milspec in .223 | Tikka Hunter in 300wsm | Ruger Scout in .308
handofcod
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Techc » 10 Mar 2014, 8:50 am

Bad news for the guy :(

At least its only a scar I suppose. Still not great, but better than losing your teeth or god forbid an eye.
.223 Remington Savage Model 12 FV
.308 Remington 700 SPS tactical
Leupold VX-3 6.5-20x40mm
Techc
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by swedeadmirer » 10 Mar 2014, 8:54 am

chacka .... From other parts of the internet other people have reported similar problems....I was just asking if there have been other reports in Aus?
I guess eventually there will be a public report on what rifle it was / The problem if any with the ammo etc.............so people can feel safer....but I doubt it.

I was told the preceding shots were louder than normal & the primers were bulging out after firing so please watch out for signs of overpressure!
swedeadmirer
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by chacka » 10 Mar 2014, 10:23 am

Ah ok, I'm with you.

swedeadmirer wrote:I was told the preceding shots were louder than normal & the primers were bulging out after firing so please watch out for signs of overpressure!

Hmm, dunno what to say to that.If something's not right and you just keep firing... Dunno what else you'd expect the outcome to be...
More Than Just The Gun
chacka
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Return to Firearms related media and politics