Bridget McKenzie’s sport grants fiasco

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Bridget McKenzie’s sport grants fiasco

Post by Stix » 23 Jan 2020, 5:52 am

Seems the media & opposition are "gunning" for her...
And i heard some bloke from an ethics commitie of some kind say he believes she should go...

Im not sure how many of her knockers pushing for her to go are anti gun/anti Lib/Nats... :unknown:

So is there any hope for her to stay put...?

It would be a shame to loose a prominant pro gun pollie... :thumbsdown:

One things for sure, id like to get my hands on her butt.. :lol:
(Nice wood... :D )
Screenshot_2020-01-23-06-05-57-1.png
Screenshot_2020-01-23-06-05-57-1.png (970.86 KiB) Viewed 5206 times

Screenshot_2020-01-23-06-06-36-1.png
Screenshot_2020-01-23-06-06-36-1.png (898.56 KiB) Viewed 5206 times
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Re: Bridget McKenzie’s sport grants fiasco

Post by groundhog » 23 Jan 2020, 8:00 am

The Opposition? I'd be looking a bit closer, Scott from marketing hasn't been coping it as much lately has he.
groundhog
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Member-Deleted » 23 Jan 2020, 10:01 am

I don't trust any politician but my opinion she's a scape goat for Morrison at present , What politician doesn't look after themselves and those close by, The truth know, this is only a diversion to get away from the bad media Morrison is getting , who knows . :shock: :problem: :unknown:
Member-Deleted

Post by Bill » 23 Jan 2020, 11:20 am

Yeap Scott Morrsion is throwing Bridgette to the wolves, prick needs a good distraction
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Member-Deleted » 23 Jan 2020, 11:25 am

Scapegoat or not, she has been naughty.

Throwing our hard earned cash at her ‘selected’ clubs probably had a bit with her keeping her seat... and Scotty getting elected.

She is as corrupt as the rest of them

She got caught

Get rid of her
Member-Deleted

Post by Bill » 23 Jan 2020, 12:06 pm

but was it a criminal offence ?? lol Im just using the trump defense as it seems the new standard these.

Nationals cant afford to lose her as McCormack is a useless leader

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 23 Jan 2020, 12:09 pm

So to play the devils advocate...

Assuming all is equal in the stakes for grants...should she & her peers have giventhe weight of monies to a groups in areas whom overtly loathes them & will still do anything to get them out of power...?...just to keep her haters happy... :unknown:

As for grant giving, the media seem to be making it sound as if she has given everything to her own area...which isnt the case im sure...

Bill Shorten is as corrupt as they come, & has waated as much tax payer money as the best of them, yet he is still well paid by us... :unknown:

It'd be good to have a branch of the media hit mainstream airwaves with ALL the facts for a change...
Not just slam our ears with "she's corrupt cos her club got a grant" type rubbish...

Im of the belief we dont know the inside truth--we all know the ability if the media, so until she's had a say ill reserve judgement...but dont think for a moment that suggests im defending her either...

Im still on the fence...maybe because i rekon a blonde country girl in denim with a shottie is just plain hot...!!... :lol:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by No1Mk3 » 23 Jan 2020, 12:27 pm

I live in a rusted on Labour seat, never going to be marginal, but we got a grant this year. I feel the whole thing is a witch hunt by Green driven sods looking for a scalp and a shooter fits the bill.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 23 Jan 2020, 12:38 pm

McKenzie won't last the week as Minister. Most funds given to either Coalition or marginal seats. Spare me the Whataboutery examples of how corrupt Shorten is and how all politicians are corrupt - lazy argument and totally unrelated to this case. A Footy club in a safe Labor seat goes without a changeroom so that Mossman Rowing Club can get half a mill to try and save Tony's seat. 73% of the disbursemsnts were NOT recommended on merit by Sport Australia although they were eligible.

If you rely on Sky News for your information you need to get out more - :D
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by marksman » 23 Jan 2020, 1:45 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:I live in a rusted on Labour seat, never going to be marginal, but we got a grant this year. I feel the whole thing is a witch hunt by Green driven sods looking for a scalp and a shooter fits the bill.

agree totally with this :thumbsup:
l think what do we expect politicians are all the same, good on her for not letting the leftylatte's donate to the green tree frog :lol:
malcolm fraser saved the geelong shotgun club a few times only to see the persistence off the greens get it closed down eventually
shooters are an easy target in the media
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 23 Jan 2020, 2:05 pm

shooters are an easy target

Boom tish

Comedy gold :D
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Stix » 23 Jan 2020, 2:47 pm

I dont think the "whataboutery" examples of corrupt pollies such as shorten is a lazy arguement at all... :)

Firstly, i was pretty clear about it NOT being an excuse for her defense...
Sure--ill admit i hate him & think he should be in jail--period--he is a selfrighteous pig ...!!...but here ive used him as an example, not as a comparative excuse...
The example being, ive little doubt the dollars attached to him & his far reaching union shenanigans would far exceed a few 'in tertitory' grants...yet we still pay him...
Again, just an example--not an arguement starter...

And secondly, these different examples of some pollies getting off lightly, others falling on their sword "gracefully" ( :roll: ), while others get a public stoning, can often be a tell-tale sign of where the real power & corruption lies in the ranks of our political arena.

As has been suggested, while not slways the "cause", there is always an agenda attached to these "corruption scandles" in the media, or hidden beneath it, & trying to decifer honest fact from agenda i think is a problem.
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 23 Jan 2020, 6:04 pm

Yes I agree Stix and Australia made their decision on Shorten's suitability as PM at the ballot box. BTW there are a lot of people sucking on the taxpayers teat that shouldnt be. At the end of the day though, regardless of your political stripes, Australians expect a transparent, justifiable and fair disbursement of public funds.

The more I think about it, the more I think we have some of the worst political leadership in the world. It is obvious that the bushfires caught the govt off guard with NO contingency plan at all and the response from govt was reactive crisis management.

There was no point in having extra large firefighting planes because we dont have airfields large enough to accommodate them in regional areas and the existing planes were flying non stop.

The PM's initial response to media when asked why the response was slow and ad hoc was to say that it was not his jurisdiction and was a matter for the states.

Billions of dollars worth of damage as well as the loss of life - Glibly blaming climate change or the Greens is is laughable. Allowing a situation to build up like this with such devastating results is either gross incompetence or criminal negligence.

We are regularly told to have a bushfire emergency plan as property owners - pity the govt doesnt practise what it preaches.
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Baronvonrort » 23 Jan 2020, 8:32 pm

I like Bridget listened to her in the Senate inquiry into illicit firearms she was excellent . Dr Samantha Bricknells research was being misused to claim stolen firearms and not illegal imports were driving the blackmarket. Dr Bricknell made it clear her research didin't cover illegal imports and the AIC had no control of how the media misrepresent their research to make these claims.

This is all a beat up by the fake news please turn your bulls**t detectors on when politicians make claims.

Zali Steggall wants national ICAC after sports rorts scandal

January 17, 2020
Brisbane Times

Opposition Leader Anthony Albanese said Senator McKenzie's position as minister is "untenable".

"She made political decisions based upon the marginality of electorates," he told reporters in Melbourne.

Media Release – Half a million more to save Dawn Fraser Pool – Thursday, 28 February 2019

The restoration of the historic Dawn Fraser Baths has received a further boost with a $500,000 grant from Sport Australia.

Sport Australia is managed by The Minister for Sport, Bridget McKenzie, whom I thank for campaigning for further investment in this precious asset.

https://anthonyalbanese.com.au/media-release-half-a-million-more-to-save-dawn-fraser-pool-thursday-28-february-2019

Take note of how Albos press release promises money for Dawn Fraser pool from Labor governments despite the fact labor are in no position to deliver this money. This is one case of Bridget giving money to a safe labor seat.

There were over 2000 applications for grants there is only so much of taxpayers money to go around.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 23 Jan 2020, 10:49 pm

[quoteThere were over 2000 applications for grants there is only so much of taxpayers money to go around.[/quote]

It's where it goes that matters
Everyone can see this for whatit is
Auditor General is mistaken?
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 23 Jan 2020, 11:38 pm

So what is it without all the facts , you have the opposition whinging. ''who aren't any better themselves '' . Then the media .most likely all BS as usual, then the wanna be pollies who have no credibility themselves and need some air time through the media .The way I see it or my opinion is it's a free for all based on sour grapes between the parties ,not saying she hasn't done anything wrong, but she has been thrown to the wolves and this will take the heat off Morrison for awhile. and as I said show me a pollie that won't sell their soul for power and position , you only have to go back and see the antics of politicians in the past, they haven't changed over the centuries and they're not going to change in the future . Whether we like it or not corruption is part of all systems governments, multinationals, private business and even law. to think otherwise would be ignoring the fact. my opinion is what does come out of things like Bridget McKenzie being called out is it keeps the pollies a little bit honest but not much.
Member-Deleted

Post by Baronvonrort » 24 Jan 2020, 8:41 am

allthegearandnoidea wrote:[quoteThere were over 2000 applications for grants there is only so much of taxpayers money to go around.

It's where it goes that matters
Everyone can see this for whatit is
Auditor General is mistaken?[/quote]

I did read the auditor generals report nothing in there that is a concern. The minister should have the final say on where taxpayers money is spent instead of some public servant.

I disagree everyone can see this for what it is.

When labor do the exact same thing where is the outrage?
Attachments
hypocrisy.jpg
hypocrisy.jpg (70.98 KiB) Viewed 5033 times
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 24 Jan 2020, 9:05 am

When labor do the exact same thing where is the outrage?

When this occurred in 2014 there was plenty of outrage - and rightly so - that's how you found this article so easily
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 25 Jan 2020, 11:36 am

It's all just another Labor smoke screen AND lets trot out "Bitching" Bill Shorten - "It's all Tony's fault"! The Australian voters made their decision and buzzed Shorten off but Labor still doesn't get it!

Just who and what is Sport Australia? Have they got their nickers in a knot 'cause they didn't get to make the big announcements re grant moneys?
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 25 Jan 2020, 12:57 pm

Yep The Morrison govt sports rorts clusterf#$%k is all Labor's fault

Pork barreling corruption? - What about Bill Shorten!!!!

Trump impeached? What about Bill Shorten!!!!

Iran shoots down commercial airliner. What about Bill Shorten?

:unknown:
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by marksman » 25 Jan 2020, 1:11 pm

allthegearandnoidea wrote:Yep The Morrison govt sports rorts clusterf#$%k is all Labor's fault

Pork barreling corruption? - What about Bill Shorten!!!!

Trump impeached? What about Bill Shorten!!!!

Iran shoots down commercial airliner. What about Bill Shorten?

:unknown:

l dont quite get what you are on about :wtf: can you expand a bit :unknown:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 25 Jan 2020, 4:47 pm

If you can't understand it..... what about Bill shorten.

I get i get that part
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 25 Jan 2020, 6:28 pm

I'll type slowly so pay attention -

Scomo bears no blame for anything - It's all a Labor conspiracy

In fact, if you view the Jeffrey Epstein prison cctv, Bill Shorten can clearly be seen entering the cell.

Dont get me started on the Zapruder footage :roll:
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 25 Jan 2020, 7:11 pm

This individual caught on film running from a grassy knoll in Dallas Texas. Watermarked 22 Nov 1963. I rest my case.
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bill » 25 Jan 2020, 7:25 pm

Soviet Scott will let this rort drag out, its in his best interest for the spot light to shine for as long as possible on Bridgette :thumbsdown:

Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by marksman » 25 Jan 2020, 8:48 pm

allthegearandnoidea wrote:I'll type slowly so pay attention -

Scomo bears no blame for anything - It's all a Labor conspiracy

In fact, if you view the Jeffrey Epstein prison cctv, Bill Shorten can clearly be seen entering the cell.

Dont get me started on the Zapruder footage :roll:

l dont know about Scomo not being blamed for anything he has been in the sh1t a lot lately :unknown:
myself l dont think much of scomo or shorten, there both crooked :unknown:
you might have to type a bit slower so l can understand :lol: a little bit condescending dont you think :wtf:
can you put up a link to the jeffrey epstein prison cctv, l dont know anything about it and could do with a laugh :lol:
when l looked up the zapruder footage all l got was the film about jfk's assassination, nothing about a labor conspiracy at all :lol:
maybe as your implying l'm not very smart but l do not get what you are on about :unknown:
you are not the first to imply or say l am slow to learn on this forum :roll: :lol:
l've got a good supply of cement and a teaspoon for those in need :lol: :lol: :drinks:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Stix » 25 Jan 2020, 9:14 pm

Bill wrote:Soviet Scott will let this rort drag out, its in his best interest for the spot light to shine for as long as possible on Bridgette :thumbsdown:

Hey Bill...
I think you're letting your hatred speak too loudly...

Thing is, this sports rots saga infact does the opposite of spotlight shifting...& i think you know that... :)

All its doing is giving him more pressure to take the action everyone else dictates, irrelevant of whether or not its justified...

That right there is 75 % of the hooHaa here--Labor trying to convince the populas that "We are better" , but all dismally based on dirt bagging offering nothing credible... & all with the same side leaning section of the media, all with the sensationalistic & popularity ratings grabbers tagging along for the ride, :unknown: :thumbsdown:

This all puts more pressure on Scomo...
When you sit back & think about how much energy he & his party have to put into their deflector shields, instead of getting on with it, then put a price on this, it'd easily equate to having a fire bomber squadron in each of the SE states...

Anyway...i digress...my point is this puts more pressure on him...not divert it away...

:)
:drinks:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 25 Jan 2020, 9:30 pm

allthegearandnoidea wrote:Image

This individual caught on film running from a grassy knoll in Dallas Texas. Watermarked 22 Nov 1963. I rest my case.

LMFAO...

If thats not the most reaching of behaviour from a pollie then im gonna buy everyone in this thread a custom rifle...!!
For fuks sake...Bill Shorten trying Howards morning run trick becsuse it worked for Jonnie... :lol: :lol: :lol:
What a fukwit...!!!

By the way...dispute will remain as to whether Gillards non-tears pipped him at the post...

Im sorry ATG&NI...couldnt help myself but comment on that pic... :lol:
Im sure the only reason Billy reached his destination running that morning was because JFK's assassin's were retired on the best tax payer funded package of all time... :lol:

Ok back to Brigette. ..my little country 12Ga toting blonde country hottie... :lol: :lol:

Hell...id cook her a nice venison rack...!!.... :clap:

:drinks:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 25 Jan 2020, 9:31 pm

I'm not trying to put you down Marksman - just my attempt at humour - loved your shot on the stag earlier!
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by marksman » 25 Jan 2020, 10:00 pm

thanks allthegear but seriously can you put a link to the jeffery epstein cctv l would enjoy a laugh :thumbsup:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics