Bridget McKenzie’s sport grants fiasco

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Bridget McKenzie’s sport grants fiasco

Post by Bill » 02 Feb 2020, 6:01 pm

I would have too but Scott needed her gone to take the heat off himself :thumbsdown:
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Member-Deleted » 02 Feb 2020, 6:04 pm

Marksman .''So who do we have in his place''? :problem: Well by the sounds of the corruption and shinanigans with the politicians ''Ned Kelly '' could be a start :thumbsup: :lol:
Member-Deleted

Post by JimTom » 02 Feb 2020, 6:10 pm

Bit of a shame to lose a shooter from parliament.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 02 Feb 2020, 6:42 pm

The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 02 Feb 2020, 7:12 pm

Marksman .''So who do we have in his place''? :problem: Well by the sounds of the corruption and shinanigans with the politicians ''Ned Kelly '' could be a start :thumbsup: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by solarpak » 02 Feb 2020, 7:35 pm

Folks,
BMcK did the wrong thing - pure and simple. Lets get over this bull that just because she was pro-shooting she did no wrong.
David Lleyjohnhelm was a prominent pro-gun pollie until he foul mouthed one of his political rivals and ended up on the scrap heap.

You make your bed and you lie in it....................we are all accountable for our actions.

C.
solarpak
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by Stix » 02 Feb 2020, 7:46 pm

solarpak wrote:Folks,
BMcK did the wrong thing - pure and simple. Lets get over this bull that just because she was pro-shooting she did no wrong.
David Lleyjohnhelm was a prominent pro-gun pollie until he foul mouthed one of his political rivals and ended up on the scrap heap.

You make your bed and you lie in it....................we are all accountable for our actions.

C.

Sorry...ill rephrase that...
Solarpak...

I dont think any one of us has said she has done no wrong because she supports the sports shooting community...?
:drinks:
Last edited by Stix on 02 Feb 2020, 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Sarco » 02 Feb 2020, 8:00 pm

The way I look at it, there is a witch hunt.

As a minister, they are duly elected by voters of Australia.

Seriously, should the minister be expected to blindly rubber stamp the recommendations of their department?

A department composed of unelected possibly/potentially conflicted public servants?

We have all seen and heard of the inroads the green, pinko, left have made into many government departments at both state and federal level.

In my opinion - No!

The minister SHOULD review the recommendation placed before them, and make THEIR OWN decisions.

To me the minister in question has acted exactly as I would hope all our ministers/members of parliament would.
Sarco
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 02 Feb 2020, 8:18 pm

She did Sarco , they all do stuff like that but she got caught most likely upset someone so then she was hunted by the political hounds to resignation, been going on for centuries and it ain't going to stop, people have to get smarter when voting not get hoodwinked with the empty promises .If the sound too good to be true , then it is empty. God help us if we start thinking the politicians are there for us .
Member-Deleted

Post by Bill » 02 Feb 2020, 8:22 pm

Nope thats not how it works Sarco, ScoMo has set a very low bar for behaviour. Minister must operate according to ministerial standards, she failed on many levels.

Problem for Bridget was Scomo involved himself in the process and the only out for him to try and prevent further digging into his involvement was to knife Bridget.

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by RoginaJack » 02 Feb 2020, 8:53 pm

Has anyone sighted the list of grants as recommended by the sporting committee , color coded of course?

I just wonder what the difference was and who 's in and who's out.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 02 Feb 2020, 10:01 pm

To me the minister in question has acted exactly as I would hope all our ministers/members of parliament would.
Sarco

She has acted exactly as I hope a minister in her position would... she resigned
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by solarpak » 02 Feb 2020, 10:44 pm

Folks,
being an avid reader of one of the biggest shooting mags in Oz (wont stipulate which mag) all we used to see was countless pages in every issue contributed to this now ex-pollie and how she championed our cause.

I commend her for that ..............but in the wash-up of this fiasco we as shooters got towelled up by the media because of the grant she gave to that clay target club she was a member of. You didn't hear anything else about other grants .... the clay target club was right in the crosshairs of the largely anti-gun media and Bridgets days were numbered.

let me pose this question ......if she was a non-shooter .........would it be different??? You bet it would be......

C.
solarpak
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 02 Feb 2020, 11:09 pm

Don't see it that way at all
Media gave constant details of the whole range of funding
Just so happens that she funded gun club she was a member of without declaring conflict of interest
Didn't see any antigun reporting even on abc
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Flyer » 02 Feb 2020, 11:15 pm

solarpak wrote:Folks,
being an avid reader of one of the biggest shooting mags in Oz (wont stipulate which mag) all we used to see was countless pages in every issue contributed to this now ex-pollie and how she championed our cause.

I commend her for that ..............

Do you think the mainstream media reads those magazines? Probably not.

solarpak wrote:but in the wash-up of this fiasco we as shooters got towelled up by the media because of the grant she gave to that clay target club she was a member of. You didn't hear anything else about other grants ....

Yes we did. There was plenty published about all the clubs in marginal seats that got grants that were not ranked as high as others. It wasn't until after the scandal had already broken that it was leaked that one of the clubs that received a grant was her own club that she had failed to declare an interest in.

Ultimately, that was the reason she resigned.

solarpak wrote:the clay target club was right in the crosshairs of the largely anti-gun media and Bridgets days were numbered.

let me pose this question ......if she was a non-shooter .........would it be different???

Probably not. Ros Kelly wasn't a shooter as far as anyone knows. The McKenzie affair had nothing to do with the fact she was a shooter and everything to do with the fact she pork-barrelled a bunch of marginal seats and failed to declare an interest in a club she gave a grant to.
The laws of physics do not apply to politics.
Flyer
Corporal
Corporal

-

Post by Bill » 03 Feb 2020, 8:06 am

word on the street is McCormack may not have the numbers to hold onto the leadership......

Cmon down Barnaby :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Member-Deleted » 03 Feb 2020, 9:24 am

Yeah Bill it does sound a little like the Jerry Springer show doesn't it. like Come on down next contestant or politician what ever the case may be. :thumbsup: :crazy:
Member-Deleted

Post by Stix » 03 Feb 2020, 11:37 am

Ahhh....good Ol'Albo...

In his element now he's found his sense of purpose being able to demonstrate his best skill set to the Aust public...

That being just whining like an un-lubricated, unbalanced, rusty & clapped out old windmill thats missing a few blades, but still dry pumping the stale stench of nothingness from the depths of desperado's-ville...

A true icon of modern day politics of Australia... :roll:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by trekin » 03 Feb 2020, 12:22 pm

Stix wrote:Ahhh....good Ol'Albo...

In his element now he's found his sense of purpose being able to demonstrate his best skill set to the Aust public...

That being just whining like an un-lubricated, unbalanced, rusty & clapped out old windmill thats missing a few blades, but still dry pumping the stale stench of nothingness from the depths of desperado's-ville...

A true icon of modern day politics of Australia... :roll:

Ahhh the good old ANthony ALbanese.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by solarpak » 03 Feb 2020, 12:46 pm

In respect now that she had resigned - what next??

First Ros Kelly, then Bridget.........i am sure there will be someone else.

In this day and age with social media, electronic media and freedom of information - you have to be very careful of what you say and do..........especially if you re in the public eye.

That wraps it up from me on this matter.

C.
solarpak
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by solarpak » 03 Feb 2020, 2:10 pm

Yeah Stix, doesn't matter what we say, do or vote .........we always get the s**t end of the stick!!

Pollies always look after themselves ........always have and always will.

I do feel for BMcK and she did a lot for country folk and shooters / hunters - but this oversight or whatever we may call it cost her and her party dearly.

Oh well lets move on and forward .

C.
solarpak
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by marksman » 03 Feb 2020, 2:49 pm

solarpak wrote:Yeah Stix, doesn't matter what we say, do or vote .........we always get the s**t end of the stick!!

Pollies always look after themselves ........always have and always will.

I do feel for BMcK and she did a lot for country folk and shooters / hunters - but this oversight or whatever we may call it cost her and her party dearly.

Oh well lets move on and forward .

C.

+1 :thumbsup: :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 03 Feb 2020, 5:40 pm

+1 :thumbsup: and such is life when you get into politics :thumbsdown: :crazy:
Member-Deleted

Post by Bill » 03 Feb 2020, 6:39 pm

And Matt Canavan resigns from the Cabinet 20 mins ago in a sign of supporter for Barnacle Joyce, number seem close to split and could go either way.

Seems Gina and other Coal producers are keen as to see there men back in control.

Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by dpskipper » 03 Feb 2020, 8:17 pm

solarpak wrote: and shooters / hunters

C.

She supported the 7 shot Adler reclassification. How is that supporting shooting or hunting?
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 04 Feb 2020, 8:43 am

Well well bloody hell...

The Little is feeling Proud... :( ...

Ah well...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 04 Feb 2020, 8:50 am

Hry...who got deleted...?...& why...?

(Just 4 posts above...^^^^)
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 04 Feb 2020, 9:30 am

Wasn't me stix... sadly
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Blackened » 04 Feb 2020, 10:13 am

Stix wrote:Hry...who got deleted...?...& why...?

(Just 4 posts above...^^^^)

All part of the circle of life.

*Lion King music playing in the background*
Blackened

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 04 Feb 2020, 10:50 am

Ive never seen the Lion king...
I guess someone died...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms related media and politics