QLD petition - Stop the regulation of Gel Blaster Toys

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Bye bye gel blasters

Post by RoginaJack » 03 Mar 2020, 12:15 pm

SWM - a little bit of pellet - What a load of rubbish!
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by flutch » 03 Mar 2020, 12:16 pm

Exactly SWM,

And as for the imagine getting told segment, it's almost like living in Australia or being on this forum lol....

But seriously can't agree more, anyone telling me I don't need something, especially if it's a recreational item/activity, is instantly an asshole, next thing we will have people advocating that you don't need cutlery because you have teeth... After all plenty get stabbed each year
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by StraightWhiteMale » 03 Mar 2020, 1:03 pm

RoginaJack wrote:SWM - a little bit of pellet - What a load of rubbish!

Mate they are even reffered to as pellet guns. They are not 338 lapua. They hurt when you get hit by them sure. But so does a fist to the nose.
StraightWhiteMale
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by StraightWhiteMale » 03 Mar 2020, 1:17 pm

I like to listen to all peoples opinions even if I don't agree with them so I can understand their reasoning.
How people spend their money is none of my business. You want to buy crack than go have fun enjoy, you want a toasted cheese and salami sandwhich enjoy, you want a 50BMG full auto enjoy.

Just because something is available does not mean one SHOULD do it but that is their moral choice and they will have to answer to god oneday. In the meantime people should stop being prideful in trying to control other peoples lifes. As long as someone is not harming you than what they do is of no bother.
StraightWhiteMale
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 03 Mar 2020, 6:01 pm

SWM - Not a 338 Lap; who said they were.

How about a AirForce Airguns - World's Most Powerful Production Air Rifle - Texan . 457 Caliber. With the ability to launch . 45 caliber projectiles at over 1000 feet per second and generating energy levels of over 500 foot pounds the Texan takes its place as the world's most powerful production air rifle.
Last edited by RoginaJack on 03 Mar 2020, 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by StraightWhiteMale » 03 Mar 2020, 6:10 pm

RoginaJack wrote:SWM - Not a 338 Lap; who said they were. How about a good kick up the bum.?

Well force equals mass times acceleration so depends on the variables. :D
StraightWhiteMale
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Farmerpete » 04 Mar 2020, 12:12 pm

Bill thanks for starting an argument to keep this in the active list so everyone got to see it :lol: :lol:
As an explanation gel blasters are legal in QLD because they are NOT considered a firearm the antis are trying to toughen our firearm laws again for no reason.
Regardless of how you feel about gel blasters that alone should be reason enough to fight.
Unless of course your for more restrictive firearm laws which makes me question why you're a member of this forum
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by flutch » 04 Mar 2020, 12:36 pm

∆∆ this
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Bill » 04 Mar 2020, 5:51 pm

haha farmerpete Im glad you enjoyed the little kick along, I just find the shooting brigade still needs more Political representation and when we get it... we have little political capital to actually use. And yes regardless how I feel about GB I found those arguing for them not that convincing, in fact Flutch and co had very shallow arguments as displayed by resorting to cheap insinuations and name calling. If a fellow shooter cant be convince that GB are a safe addition to the community then what hope have they of convincing the wider public into keeping them long term or expanding their use into other states.

Give it ya best crack flutch :lol: :drinks:
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 05 Mar 2020, 7:43 am

Going back to Texas, change your skin color to.... black or brown and go enjoy your free life in Texas. But here are a few things that You cannot do in the land of the free and ZZ Top.
1. You cannot brew your own beer.
2. You are young SWM, but be careful if a girl latches onto you in Texas and proclaims that you both are husband and wife 3 times... you are legally married. What i mean is Make sure you get your vasectomy before you go to Texas.
3. While inside an elevator hold your farts...or jail you go. So no elevators after tex-mex beans
4. In some cities you need to get a permit to walk bare foot.
5. And if you are into broke back mounting, you could goto jail as well.

meaning it's not a free country after all of you are black or homosexual or want to brew beer but you probably could marry your sister well cousin atleast.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Re: QLD petition - Stop the regulation of Gel Blaster Toys

Post by Blackened » 05 Mar 2020, 11:56 am

So, a bunch of repetitive argumentative posts have been deleted.

Honestly... it's a bit mind boggling to get posts saying "well, I'm obviously not going to convince you" followed by half a dozen more jabs at the person.

Have your say, voice your opinion, if people don't agree with you get over it.

If you've got nothing fresh to add, move onto another topic.

Warnings will be issued for any posts continuing the deleted arguments.
Blackened

New South Wales

Post by Farmerpete » 05 Mar 2020, 6:18 pm

Bill their argument was a simple one and it's the same as mine:
Gel blasters are TOYS not firearms and should not be regulated as firearms
Your argument as far as I can make out is :
If I can hurt myself with it intentionally it should be regulated so I can't hurt myself
That to me indicates a Nanny state agenda
Also just to add if you want more political clout for firearms users you need to promote feeder sports (thing kids can do that promote the safe use of firearms) gel blasters and air soft do this
The antis know this and it's why they are trying desperately to keep them banned

Would also like to thank the mods for finding a better title
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bill » 05 Mar 2020, 7:20 pm

Farmerpete Im sure there is a more appropriate place where you can talk about GB, maybe try a GB facebook group.

This is Hunting and shooting forum, I'm not sure I have anything new to add.

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by flutch » 05 Mar 2020, 10:36 pm

This is a more than appropriate place to talk about gel blasters, just because it triggers bill doesn't mean squat.

I totally agree as said before Pete,

Gel blasters are TOYS, I think that many toys and media sexualize young girls and boys, but I will still leave it up to the parents to make the judgement call on what to buy their kid. Gel blasters are definitely something I would let my kids use, but as a responsible parent they would have goggles also.

You can't get around dictating to others what they want and deciding what they need, as SWM said that IS tyranny.

Clearly you don't like them, and whatever mate, don't buy one of that's how you feel, but toys should certainly not ever be classed as Firearms.
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Farmerpete » 06 Mar 2020, 6:47 am

Bill your right this is a forum about FIREARMS
I can't think of a better place to discuss a change in FIREARMS laws
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by marksman » 06 Mar 2020, 8:23 am

Farmerpete wrote:Bill your right this is a forum about FIREARMS
I can't think of a better place to discuss a change in FIREARMS laws

l haven't had time to read the whole thread here but agree totally with the above :thumbsup:
it is ridiculous how we are perceived by the public that people want to ban a toy that should be treated as such :wtf:
l dont think anyone on here really cares that much about it that they want this toy banned :unknown:

am l right :unknown:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 06 Mar 2020, 10:15 am

I think Bill is saying he doesn't want to argue cuz he's worried the mods might warn him. Furthermore its very evident before the thread was cleaned up that some people don't want to have a civil discussion.

And yes its a toy, but some people will argue that it is a toy that can easily permanently injure not only the user and the people they are playing with but possibly innocent bystanders. Yes a cricket bat is a toy, while it can easily be used as a weapon, it has very limited range of about a meter when used as a weapon or a little more when thrown as a missile. While these don't have those limitations.

Plus it makes it harder when the toy makers make the toys resemble a firearm and very likely to scare Joe public or police to thinking it's actually a real firearm.

All of which would give GCA and media plenty ammunition to try and bring even more laws to curb legal firearm owners. Sure you can go fight fight the antis.... But abusing other firearm owners and calling them Fudds is probably not the best way to go about doing it.

To me someone who calls another firearm owner a FUDD is worse than GCA. But that's my opinion.

If tomorrow there were a couple of cases of people using darts to purposefully injure others, i am sure some state in Victoria will bring in laws to outlaw or license the use of darts.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Bill » 06 Mar 2020, 10:28 am

ZIad I just dont have anything further to add. There are Gel Blaster forums and facebook site, they should work at getting their own political representation. The unintended consequences of Gel Blaster that looking like replica semi auto rifles might ending up hurting current LAFO in QLD.

Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by wanneroo » 06 Mar 2020, 11:19 am

Gel Blasters are weak junk compared to airsoft, so the government banning these is stupid.

When I was a kid, I rode horses in competition, ran around the neighborhood with realistic looking cap guns, did karate, shot on a high school rifle team for 3 years winning lots of titles and awards, owned a 5.0 Liter V8 Mustang at 16 years old, played Atari computer and video games, worked in a dangerous kitchen. I didn't die, no one else died around me.

Banning stuff doesn't teach people anything. Kids and later on as adults, people have to learn personal responsibility and consequences. Government taking everything away and denying you your liberty does you no favors.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by StraightWhiteMale » 06 Mar 2020, 12:11 pm

wanneroo wrote:Gel Blasters are weak junk compared to airsoft, so the government banning these is stupid.

When I was a kid, I rode horses in competition, ran around the neighborhood with realistic looking cap guns, did karate, shot on a high school rifle team for 3 years winning lots of titles and awards, owned a 5.0 Liter V8 Mustang at 16 years old, played Atari computer and video games, worked in a dangerous kitchen. I didn't die, no one else died around me.

Banning stuff doesn't teach people anything. Kids and later on as adults, people have to learn personal responsibility and consequences. Government taking everything away and denying you your liberty does you no favors.

We love oppression in Australia. We love to bend over when the government tells us to do so. We will complain in private but never actually make a stand because we are lazy and fearful.
StraightWhiteMale
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Farmerpete » 06 Mar 2020, 12:32 pm

Just to gain a bit of a consensus who do we think would be more flexible when trying to change gun laws for the better labour or lnp

I only ask because I've been toying with the idea of starting a petition to get rid of the appearance laws

But can't decide whether to do it now while we may get help from the gel blaster crew or to wait until after the election when we probably have a change in gov in qld and may still get help from gel ball community if the current petition fails
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by StraightWhiteMale » 06 Mar 2020, 1:04 pm

Farmerpete wrote:Just to gain a bit of a consensus who do we think would be more flexible when trying to change gun laws for the better labour or lnp

I only ask because I've been toying with the idea of starting a petition to get rid of the appearance laws

But can't decide whether to do it now while we may get help from the gel blaster crew or to wait until after the election when we probably have a change in gov in qld and may still get help from gel ball community if the current petition fails

Mate I honestly think neither matters. All that matters is votes. They will do whatever if it gets them more votes. So to slowly implement change you need community support.
You don't happen to be best mates with Clive Palmer or James Packer do you? They might be able to help fund haha. With that kind of financial support there would be 50bmg full autos at every local gunstore for sale.

I'm a member of One Nation. I highly recommend people vote for minor parties(not the greens please) and bypass the big 2 because just as woolworths and coles do they try to control by their duopoly.
StraightWhiteMale
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by marksman » 06 Mar 2020, 2:05 pm

"Plus it makes it harder when the toy makers make the toys resemble a firearm and very likely to scare Joe public or police to thinking it's actually a real firearm."

this is the point ziad,
didn't you have cowboy guns when you were a kid :lol: did it make you a bad person :lol: a murderer :lol:
who cares if mr, mrs, miss, it, that, they, thingy, whatever gets scared because they have an irrational phobia, as long as nobody is doing anything illegal
we are demonised because of stupid laws like kids toy guns have to have a red tip ect... because someone has an irrational fear of firearms, hoplophobia
we are bad people because we shoot guns and we teach our children to be murderers because we allow them to have a toy gun :lol:

so my question was "l dont think anyone on here really cares about it that much that they want this toy banned :unknown: "
not one person is saying they are in favour of banning it so what's the big deal if someone wants to promote a petition against stupid laws about a toy
a law that makes a toy look like a bad thing because it resembles something we cant have without jumping lots of hoops
jumping through lots of hoops and proving you are a fit and proper person :wtf:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by gunnnie » 22 Mar 2020, 1:16 pm

Sorry Bill, have to disagree with you on this one mate. The anti's continually smash LAFO's regardless of any positive action we may show. For them it is purely, my way or the highway! They will refuse to accept any compromise whatsoever, it is all or nothing with them! So why the hell can't we use the same ideology!
I recently bought a gel blaster, FN SCAR, why you no doubt would ask? My response, why not? I have shot a SCAR & really like the engineering, handling & functionality of the design. Would I own one if I could, maybe. But in this climate, no chance! So this is the next best thing.
I also plan on buying gel blaster versions of the Austyer F88A2, Barret 50cal AMR & the SAW 5.56. I carried an F88A2 over three deployments into '******' and for most of my service career. So, personally, I'd like something to replicate such a firearm in my man-cave. Same for the other two, have fired both on many occasions, so would like a facsimile in my man-cave. Have also just bought a "blue gun" replica of an M700 SWS, which will be painted and displayed. All of these would cause an anti or tree shagging greenie to s**t their pants. But you know what, fark 'em! Why should I cow down to their self deprecating ideals of what is safe, legal or community protective?
I know this is a rant, but bugger it! Why are we, the law abiding firearm owners, the constant flogging post for all these screaming scum? How about they concentrate on more important issues such as protecting our sovereign borders, better heath care for all, use of Australian resources to provide for Australians instead of being sold off to every other foreign friggen entity!
Gel blasters, air soft, paintball, all should be legal, non regulated & devoid of the hysteria from the opinionated anti's. If users suffer eye injuries, then that is the users own responsibility. Make people responsible for their actions, blame the idiot not the item,.

Rant over.
gunnnie
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Ziege » 22 Mar 2020, 2:57 pm

Agree 100% gunnnie
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Bill » 22 Mar 2020, 7:38 pm

gunnie go hard bro, if gel blaster are your thing Im not stopping you, just dont ask for my support :thumbsup:

Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 22 Mar 2020, 10:10 pm

Farmerpete wrote:Just to gain a bit of a consensus who do we think would be more flexible when trying to change gun laws for the better labour or lnp

Can you see farmerpete, how your way of thinking is in itself, self defeatist, & already aligns with the failure of any such an petition....

Im not having a crack at you either mate...just pointing out how weak we are here (Aust)...weak in that we have to think along manipulative terms to try & 'slip' a quickie through the cracks of who might be/have the weakest governing system... :unknown:

We see people here, & on other forums being forced into an oppressed way of thinking--a hypothetical being cant tak about silencers because the coppers are watching every word typed & you might be snatched by aliens who will slaughter your family if you said the word 'poofta'--...
...youre basically admitting you feel guilty for owning guns, asking people when is the right time to best use & suceed in manipulation to get our own way... :unknown:
We are sucked into this style of thinking, because we are forced into feeling guilty for being gun owners...!!...fuk that...!!...there are many idiots out there in cars that prove on a daily basis they are a menace to the general population & have zero regard for other life other than their own, & yet you (WE) feel the need to tippy toe around the subject of toys, & even worse, bloody appearance laws for gods sake, :roll: , like a bunch of pantyhose wearing poofta's worried about scratching our nailpolish :roll: :twisted: ...

The right time was in the 90's when we all bent over in public lines & had diks rammed up our backsides while allowed them to rob us or our civil rights, & since then, all weve done is sit back & agree with them...them being the totalitarian force that has grown to convince the general idiot out there that people with guns are dangerous...
FFS blokes commit suicide every day & we blatantly convince ourselves its careless driving on the roads...in other words tragedies are used to further oppress us/give misleading "evidence" that lower speed limits & higher monetary costs (fines) are going to help... :roll: ...

Its bullsh!t...!!!...start it now...if you're serious, do it now & get into it...if not serious, dont waste time indulging in half arsed attempts that are sure to not gain any ground for us, & only further reinforce & add power to the utterly illogical totalitarian anti regime...!!!
Every day ground is not stood, is another inch of concrete to bust through, & another step closer to civil rights being further stripped.

Again...not having a crack at you....just trying to put it in a perspective that is real---that being black & white, rather than one governed by a load of offending people bullsh!t & being railroaded into the complex & manipulative narrative that surrounds everything these days...
Seriously, the look of a gun has no bearing on anyone's health, & the fact we allow ourselves to be labelled as criminals if we have a gun that someone is "popularly offended by", is in itself a crime in my book...
We live in a world where we're told stereo typing is WRONG, yet we are largely governed by it in everything...& if appearance laws are not worthy of being the epitome of stereotyping bigotry, i dont know what is...!!!!
Not very long ago i could walk down the main street of Adelaide with a rifle over my shoulder & not only was no one afraid or offended, but no one got shot either...& its (shouldnt be) no different now...!!
Do now it & ill sign it...as every one of us SHOULD...!!...& quite frankly(sorry Bill), but just keep the negative nancy fudds like Bill out of it...if they want to be oppressed, best not have them make a sound, as they only fuel the tyrant style of idiocy that says we will all shoot people in cafe's if we had a moderator screwed on the end of our 'black' rifle... :roll: :roll: :roll: ...!!..

We need our major affiliations to band together, but that wont happen because they will loose their individual power, & if we cant get past our own affiliations' tyranny, & band together as a united force...how will we EVER win with whatever state, let alone federal government is in power when a petition is started... :unknown:
(there you go...i just admitted i bear a defeatist attitude as well... :thumbsdown: but i hope y'all get my point).

(Hows that for a rant...!!???... :lol: ...Y'all probably think im crazy.....ier... :lol: )

:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Ziege » 22 Mar 2020, 11:10 pm

Exactly Stix!

4 letters prove this: LGBT

These different yet similar groups came together unapologetically and achieved amazing feats not only in Australia but worldwide in establishing their "rights" and changing laws in their favour almost worldwide.

If we entertain people who "fud" and their attitude and include them we only do ourselves a disservice, it's these same who gave over our possessions and ground to the antis in the 90s, the only way back out is to band together, gel blasters, Airsoft, air guns, black powder, archers, muzzle loaders, pistol, metallic silhouette, paper punchers, bowhunters, rifle and shotgun hunters, collectors and enthusiasts. All need to have one common aim and goal and take no s**t in the pursuit of it. They need to not throw each other to the wolves and those who aren't onboard need to be left out of the discussion.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by gunnnie » 26 Mar 2020, 11:19 am

Bill wrote:gunnie go hard bro, if gel blaster are your thing Im not stopping you, just dont ask for my support :thumbsup:

And there it is! I was wondering how long before that attitude/words made an appearance!

The levels of separatism within the shooting sports is well known to the anti-gun activists & scaremongers. It is a division within the group that will be continually exploited and ultimately prove to be our Achilles heel!

"I don't agree with it so I won't support it!" Music to a gun haters ears! Positive affirmation to any governing body "oh they don't care about that so we can abolish it without backlash and more importantly, garnish more support from the other side."

Now let's say, for example, that public hunting lands will be abolished and become a thing of the past. Dare say it would be expected that anyone within the firearms sports/activities, or anything remotely associated with it and all things firearm/shooting related, should be up in arms about it and protest loud and long. I would hope that someone who shoots Olympic standard pistol for example, would willingly lend support to fight against such an occurrence.

What if I were to say that it doesn't interest me, not convinced it's needed/warranted, so I'm not going to support it? Bet I'd be howled down!

Never a truer phrase has been coined than "United we stand, divided we fall!"

I'm not an ISSF shooter, nor clay target, not into IPSC, nor benchrest, don't hunt on public lands; but I would lend support to any/all agencies fighting for it. Why, because it is all linked in the bigger picture. Anything to support those who strive to eradicate the idiotic over bearing government and petty backlashes from the anti-gun crowd. The total lack of common sense, rational thought and misdirection of personal/individual blame/responsibility, that is ruling this country, is beyond any sense of normalcy.

NSW and it's "looks like" law; you're kidding right! Since when does that make any sense at all?It only panders to the anti-gun crowd and their irrational fear of anything that 'they' believe looks like an assault weapon!! Give me a break!!! :evil: I own a Ruger Precision and because it falls under that "looks like" ruling plus having a folding stock, makes it illegal in that state! If you're happy with that ruling, well, enough said really! :huh: :wtf: :thumbsdown:

If one sits there and think that GB's, Airsoft etc are not needed, should be banned, then that is aiding the anti-gun coalition/activists cause. What do you think the anti-gun crowd do, they constantly pick away at any/every aspect that lends weight to their agenda. Forcing the government to take a negative stance on GB's etc, is an easy step, a no-brainer for them. It would become just another successful forward step for them in the fight to totally abolish everything firearm related in Australia.

Hey, if you don't support it, fine fair enough, that is your prerogative. Just don't start whinging when the other side suddenly gains major momentum and makes a move on something that you do care about.
gunnnie
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 26 Mar 2020, 11:59 am

I’m only responding here cause I’m bored lol.
There are More than two sides here gunnie, based on your post above, your clearly a very busy man protesting on a regular basis?
Ie - did you protest the anti consorting, bikie, club laws that were written to stop groups of ppl riding bikes together - despite many of those ppl not being criminals?...you may not be a bikie or even own a motorcycle, but do you shoot with a group of friends? Well, your very much, potentially affected...
And so on...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms related media and politics