Paranoia and what we've become

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Paranoia and what we've become

Post by Die Judicii » 09 Mar 2020, 8:34 pm

Fair Dinkum,,,,,,, where are we headed ????????????????
https://www.sportingshooter.com.au/late ... ed-illegal
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Paranoia and what we've become

Post by StraightWhiteMale » 09 Mar 2020, 9:51 pm

A concerned member of the public reported him? Otherwise known as a greens voter with the testosterone levels of a 12 year old girl.

Good to see the jacks assisting him with an exemption. Not that one should even be required for a replica made from wood, but thats an issue for another day......
StraightWhiteMale
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by pomemax » 10 Mar 2020, 12:46 am

Die Judicii wrote:Fair Dinkum,,,,,,, where are we headed ????????????????
https://www.sportingshooter.com.au/late ... ed-illegal

when you see on the news people fighting over bog roll nothing supprises me anymore.
A concerned member of the public reported him I thought he should have the right to know who OR is that police speak for we see where this goes.
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by JimTom » 10 Mar 2020, 6:04 am

The complainant was no doubt an anti firearm greenie voter. As if someone would fly around raising money for charity with a Lewis gun mounted to their aircraft. The world has gone mad. Leave the poor old bloke alone.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by straightshooter » 10 Mar 2020, 6:23 am

In the Stalinist era, denunciations were how people advanced or even survived politically or socially.
Get used to it.
Particularly in this era of ultra readily accessible social media.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by marksman » 10 Mar 2020, 2:15 pm

yep.... fair dinkum
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Stix » 10 Mar 2020, 3:05 pm

Its not a case of where we are headed...i think its a case of suddenly, the few left remaining who stil have the ability to think for themselves, suddenly looked up & thought...where the fuk am I...?...like getting lost in a 2000 acre paddock at night after a 45 min fox chase.

straightshooter wrote:In the Stalinist era, denunciations were how people advanced or even survived politically or socially.
Get used to it.
Particularly in this era of ultra readily accessible social media.

Its not as if this kind of behavior is creeping back into our, or even the worlds various societies after it being unpopular for fifty or how ever many years since Stalin...

With its beginnings in Narcissism & usually fueled by those in pursuit of covering up their own misgivings & need for power, our society is being convinced & thus founded on this being the most effective way of gaining any form of popular reward, Its deeply entrenched in almost every level of every society...even down to every workplace and social groups...and sadly here to stay for the foreseeable future...

But thank god for TV programs like Sixty Minutes & the Project, who promote rational thinking on an individual basis by way of not lowering themselves to this type of dystopian style of buggery...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by elnino » 31 Mar 2020, 10:07 pm

Even if it was a real gun, any normal person would rationalise that it was deactivated. Here's an idea - go talk to the dude and ask him ffs. What is with all these sjw thinking it is ok doing this? Perhaps he had a permit already how would they even know. what a crock.
elnino
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by Blr243 » 31 Mar 2020, 10:46 pm

Wherever I go I tend to completely ignore the actions and statements of idiots , just giving them a mouthful of corrective advice is a waste of time and only encourages them to sprout more of their lunacy.....but if they are ignored often enough and for long enough , eventually they realise that no one is interested in what they have to say, and they are likely to become disheartened, and only then are they more likely to stay quiet for longer , in their pathetic little corner of the universe .....
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by No1Mk3 » 01 Apr 2020, 4:34 am

I disagree that a "normal" person would think it was deactivated, any member of the public, seeing what appears to be an MG, would think it was real. I would hope though that a "normal" person would ask the owner if it was real, and how one owns such a thing legally, BEFORE squealing like a 6yo schoolgirl confronted with a huntsman and running off to complain. As for "flying around with a Lewis gun", I know a few people who do just that, they have real MG's attached to their planes, either deactivated or converted to gas firing for aerial displays. I also know people with operational MG's, it is a matter of having the right permits and licences. But this phenomenon of public panic at any sight of a potential firearm has slipped into the world over the last 10 to 15 years, with instances here in Vic of Police being called to intercept at gunpoint a car with a child in the back holding a capgun and some bozo calling 000 to report a carjacking, as well as a friend of mine who also had a wooden MG on his Ferret being stopped and berated by cops for "causing public fear"! The past, when i could board a tram in the CBD with a Winchester strapped to a rucksack and go to Spencer St Station to take a train up country to hunt, are long gone. Welcome to your Brave New World
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 01 Apr 2020, 7:17 am

It's not just guns mate, we as a society have become like that with everything. Instead of going to talk to the owner we go complain to the authorities.

Know a petshop, they have a very big aviary for birds, every summer the council and rspca get complaints from concerned citizens that's its really hot and they are worried about the condition of the birds. No one bothers to ask the owner (it is)

Then you read up about the animal rights that do video over a number of weeks then hold onto the video for a number of months and release it at appropriate time.... all this time they don't actually notify the abatoir management that they might have employees that are continuously mistreating animals
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Stoney » 01 Apr 2020, 9:28 am

I went to a swap meet near where I live ( Brisbane ) for a sticky beak 2 odd years ago and came across an old bloke that had a stall selling old swords, collectables and old cap and ball pistols and flintlock muskets and such. All of which do not require a licence in Qld. Anyway this woman comes along and starts foaming at the mouth about GUNS!!!!!! HE"S SELLING GUNS!!!!!!!!!! and carrying on like an absolute f***ing c**khead. All the people at the stall were telling her quite calmly that all the items were very old and therefore didn't need licencing etc etc. But that wasn't good enough. He was selling guns and NOBODY should be selling guns. Anyway she stands there and rings 000 I s**t you not. The coppers duly arrive and inspect old mates wares. I stayed to see what would happen. So the coppers understood the situation but because they didn't fully know the firearms laws confiscated ALL of old mates guns to the police station for further investigation. I asked old mate as he was packing up had this happened before? He said yes, so much so that this was the last straw as it costs him money and time to go to the coppers to sort it out and retrieve them. No consequences at all for the brain dead woman, just satisfaction she ruined the day for antique firearms enthusiasts.
Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 10 Apr 2020, 10:35 pm

Stoney wrote:I went to a swap meet near where I live ( Brisbane ) for a sticky beak 2 odd years ago and came across an old bloke that had a stall selling old swords, collectables and old cap and ball pistols and flintlock muskets and such. All of which do not require a licence in Qld. Anyway this woman comes along and starts foaming at the mouth about GUNS!!!!!! HE"S SELLING GUNS!!!!!!!!!! and carrying on like an absolute f***ing c**khead. All the people at the stall were telling her quite calmly that all the items were very old and therefore didn't need licencing etc etc. But that wasn't good enough. He was selling guns and NOBODY should be selling guns. Anyway she stands there and rings 000 I s**t you not. The coppers duly arrive and inspect old mates wares. I stayed to see what would happen. So the coppers understood the situation but because they didn't fully know the firearms laws confiscated ALL of old mates guns to the police station for further investigation. I asked old mate as he was packing up had this happened before? He said yes, so much so that this was the last straw as it costs him money and time to go to the coppers to sort it out and retrieve them. No consequences at all for the brain dead woman, just satisfaction she ruined the day for antique firearms enthusiasts.

If I were old mate,,,,, I'd reopen,, but also have a copy of the relevant legislation on hand/displayed,,,,, just for stupid bitches like that woman as well as for the local constabulary (presuming they themselves can read and understand it.)
:thumbsup:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 10 Apr 2020, 11:32 pm

They are amoung us.

Knuckle dragger.jpg
Knuckle dragger.jpg (12.93 KiB) Viewed 3387 times
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by John » 11 Apr 2020, 8:52 am

Really what has this country come to between the greenies anti guns and the vegans where do we stand no mans land it seems
My favs
.22lr Brno
.22 gamo cfx air rifle
.22 Brno K hornet
.303/22 sprinter
.243 tikka
6.6x55 Swede
.270 tikka
.300 win mag sako
12g beretta
John
Private