this changes things in Vic for shooters

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

this changes things in Vic for shooters

Post by marksman » 19 Apr 2020, 2:01 pm

just finished painting the house in time
http://www.ozgunsales.com/listing/80234 ... farms.html
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Re: this changes things in Vic for shooters

Post by Stix » 19 Apr 2020, 2:35 pm

Ok then...

See you in a fortnight marksman... :thumbsup:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Aliqua » 19 Apr 2020, 2:59 pm

Am i reading this right - they will hopefully allow the sale of ammunition during the restrictions if you can prove you are volunteering on a farm (without the need of a primary producers licence)?
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 19 Apr 2020, 3:05 pm

l will be contacting the local DFO/covid 19 officer to verify this tomorrow :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by AussieCapitalist » 19 Apr 2020, 4:02 pm

This is like in QLD at the minute. You must own or rent rural land and provide a simple council rates notice or rental lease. OR you just need a letter from a "rural land holder" to shoot on rural land for "rural purposes". One would assume rural purposes means pest control.

A simple hand written letter will suffice.

"I farmer Stalin let comrade Vladimir eradicate pests on my lease in the Ukraine"
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 19 Apr 2020, 4:52 pm

So in this topic I see that in Vic and Qld we may now go for a wander ?.. I’m not getting excited yet until I see some definite written legal permission ......if I can’t cross the border to go to my usual nsw farm I might have to do the long haul out to Cunnamulla....I get a much more traditional Aussie outback experience out there even though pig numbers are not too great
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 19 Apr 2020, 6:40 pm

I already posted this in another thread somewhere... glad SSAA Vic are finally seem to be doing something for their members
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 19 Apr 2020, 11:25 pm

When you look at the Dept of Ag site looks like we can hunt now? Am i reading that correctly?
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 20 Apr 2020, 12:04 pm

l would before going out and doing it wait for confirmation, l have contacted Lisa Nevilles office as well as the local DFO but still waiting
this is what it says at the dept of AG

"Under the Stay at home directions, paid and unpaid work can continue to be done. Appropriate physical distancing and hygiene measures should be implemented.

For more information, please visit DHHS: Coronavirus FAQs – Can I leave my house to do volunteering work?'

http://agriculture.vic.gov.au/agricultu ... iness-faqs
https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus ... ering-work
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 20 Apr 2020, 2:42 pm

Yeh, not 100% clear. Keen to go but waiting for confirmation first.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 20 Apr 2020, 4:27 pm

I do not litter anywhere under any circumstances.... just because I could do so in the middle of no where without getting caught does not mean that I’m going to do it ....likewise . I think it’s very important that we adopt a strict personal moral code in relation to the prevention of transmission ...... we are not naughty kids with ADHD we are adults and don’t need police to supervise our every move ..... when I’m finally given the green light to go hunting I will still go solo....I’m getting extra Gerry can brackets made up so I don’t have to stop for fuel ..... all my food shopping will be done before I leave the city .....one days driving,7 nights hunting and one days driving home. The entire time I should not get close to or speak to anyone ....we can and should go above and beyond the recommendations for the benefit of us all. It’s not up the government to save us ...it’s our responsibility to step up ....... anyone stuck at home frustrated needs to remember that boredom is better than death
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by marksman » 20 Apr 2020, 5:29 pm

l have had a return call from lisa Nevilles office to say yes the report is right and we in Vic can volunteer to work for farmers to help them eradicate pest animals legally without fear of being fined,
lMO it probably would be advisable to get a letter off the farmer to prove to the police if you are pulled over that you are working as a volunteer for the farmer
if you have a mobile l would also bookmark the ozgunsales report and the page from the Vic AG dept to show if you need to

anyway as Blr said do it right and be safe :drinks:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Return to Firearms related media and politics