QLD Non-essential business, activity,,,Closure Direction 6

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

QLD Non-essential business, activity,,,Closure Direction 6

Post by spike1814813 » 22 Apr 2020, 11:15 am

Hello All.

Let me know if this sort of post is allowed. (Non-essential business, activity and undertaking Closure Direction (No.6)) QLD GOV

Exceptions:
able to produce a Queensland Firearms licence bearing one or more of the following condition codes – RE1, RE2 and who is able to produce:
the most recent Local Government Rates Notice evidencing that the licence holder owns rural land; or

documentation from a rural land owner permitting the licence holder to shoot on the rural land for a rural purpose; or

I know no one else with rural property, I do have family members who own a large property in Toowoomba who I found out to be very anti-firearm and got a solid no from them.

So I am now asking here on this forum is there anyone that can assist me with a letter from Qld or interstate so I can continue to support my local gun store(they suggested I ask on this forum) and bypass this stupid directive. It is my birthday soon, I have been saving for .223 and want to actually be able to pick it up and buy some ammo before the prices hike.

Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Happy to advise of my job/address/phone/Weap Lic and history via email. I have had two traffic tickets in my life and have jumped all the lengthy hoops(like you) and complied with legislation, and I am currently at week 15 waiting for my H lic also.They have made me feel like a criminal with with what they have done to us, you play by all the rules and still get punished. :evil: :evil:

Regards,

Shane.
spike1814813
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: QLD Non-essential business, activity,,,Closure Direction

Post by AussieCapitalist » 22 Apr 2020, 6:46 pm

I am sorry your family are greens voters mate and I am glad they did not brainwash you. However take a moment to think about what you are proposing. Please re read the weapons act about being a "fit and proper" person.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by spike1814813 » 22 Apr 2020, 8:12 pm

The Non-essential business activity Closure Direction overrides the weapons act in this case. I am not circumventing legislation, I need to meet the directions requirement as I have already meet all Weapons Act requirements.
spike1814813
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 22 Apr 2020, 8:23 pm

Mate maintaining a licence means one must be a fit and proper person. Do you think asking strangers on a public forum to write you a fraudulent letter (and risk loosing their licence as well as yours) and bypass the directive is being a fit and proper person? Fraud is illegal.

Take a moment to think what you are asking of people. "Hey strangers can you help me break the law please"

Have a look at the SSAA farmer assist program. If you would like to help farmers do rural duties.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by spike1814813 » 22 Apr 2020, 8:33 pm

And a signed permission form is that, legal. Have you seen the form? Plus my details to the appropriate party/land onwer. I am working within there rules.
spike1814813
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by 8x57 » 22 Apr 2020, 8:38 pm

This all going to blow over soon, be patient.
8x57
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by spike1814813 » 22 Apr 2020, 8:42 pm

I hope so, Labour is a sneaky beast. I am still lucky enough to have a job an look forward to supporting my local gun store.
spike1814813
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 22 Apr 2020, 8:43 pm

The directive states to shoot on their land for a "rural purpose". And part 2 states the amount of penalty units if you do not comply with the direction.

You have stated you want to buy a firearm and ammo "before the prices hike". So you are actively seeking to break the directive.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Peter988 » 22 Apr 2020, 8:54 pm

People generally work very hard to build an arrangement of mutual trust with the owners of the places they shoot on. And they have usually gone to a lot of trouble to find those properties and develop those friendships. Might be an idea if you wait till the lockdown is over and go bush and knock on a few doors.
Peter988
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by spike1814813 » 22 Apr 2020, 10:03 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:The directive states to shoot on their land for a "rural purpose". And part 2 states the amount of penalty units if you do not comply with the direction.

You have stated you want to buy a firearm and ammo "before the prices hike". So you are actively seeking to break the directive.

Good point, lucky I have now now found someone to shoot for rural purposes on their land and assist them with pest control with current rifles. Added bonus a 223 and some instruction on shooting. I look forward to cultivating our relationship into the future. Thanks everyone! :clap: :clap: :clap:
spike1814813
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 23 Apr 2020, 11:39 am

:drinks: Good to hear bull :drinks:
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Firearms related media and politics