Four Police Dead

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Four Police Dead

Post by trekin » 12 May 2020, 11:01 am

Member-Deleted wrote:Our legal system, as imperfect as it is at times, beats mob rule every time. It is what sets us apart from other nations and societies.

The defence lawyer's job is to mount a defence to the charges.
The prosector's job is to prove the charges, supported by evidence.
The judge/magistrate's job is to decide whether the prosecution did prove the allegations, beyond a reasonable doubt.

In every single criminal case [not just this one], you have the power and resources of the State versus one individual. That's why we have a presumption of innocence - "innocent until proven guilty" - and why everyone is entitled to a defence.

Were you there? Did you see it happen? Then how do you know the accused is guilty? Because the police say so? Yeah, ok.

I'm not sticking up for this bloke [he might be the biggest grub in the world], I'm suggesting that in all criminal cases we should at least have a fair trial before we go straight to the lynching.

Spot on, except for one point, it is judge/magistrate's (depending on the level of unlawfulness), or a jury of your peers, job is to decide whether the prosecution did prove the allegations, beyond a reasonable doubt. The judge/magistrate's job is to hand down punisments prescriped for said breaches.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 12 May 2020, 11:16 am

100% Trekkin, could be a jury trial too. Of course, that's a jury of people who've seen all the admissible evidence before they make up their minds
Member-Deleted

Post by Grandadbushy » 12 May 2020, 5:10 pm

That's fair enough BBSS I wasn't calling for a lynching I just said that blokes like him clearly not accepting rules, the law and regulations shouldn't be backed by a solicitor yes we can all take the righteous and normal way of looking at things but really is that the way you would see it, if the officer was a relative of yours ? i'm not saying we should have mob rule or lynching's but surely with the evidence of the mongrel filming the dying officer posting it on FB has something to do with his guilt ,the rest is hear say and will have to be determined in court ,so then I asked '' how do these lawyers sleep at night after fighting for blokes like him I for one would knock back a case like that if I were a lawyer on principle alone on the filming to start with I understand all you have said and believe it is right but I still think blokes like him should fend for themselves in the courts ,not saying it's right (so I don't get scolded again) but that's my opinion , sorry if I hit a nerve mate but its an opinion that's all
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by CrackThump » 12 May 2020, 5:39 pm

Aliqua wrote:I am not sure who wrote this so can’t credit them..

The policeman stood and faced his god,
which must always come to pass.
He hoped his shoes were shining just as brightly as his brass.
“Step forward now, policeman. How shall I deal with you?
Have you always turned the other cheek?
To my church have you been true?”
The policeman squared his shoulders and said,
“No, I guess I ain’t,
because those of us who carry a badge can’t always be a saint.
I’ve had to work most Sundays and at times my talk is rough,
and sometimes I’ve been violent, because the streets are awfully tough.
But I never took a penny that wasn’t mine to keep…
though I worked a lot of overtime,
when the bills got to steep.
And I never passed a cry for help though at times I shook with fear,
and sometimes, God forgive me, I’ve wept unmanly tears.
I know I don’t deserve a place among the people here.
They never wanted me around except to calm their fear.
If you’ve a place for me here, lord it needn’t be so grand,
I never expected or had too much, but if you don’t … I’ll understand.”
There was silence all around the throne where the Saints had often trod.
As the policeman waited quietly for the judgement of his God.
“Step forward now, policeman.
You’ve borne your burdens well.
Come walk a beat on Heaven’s streets.
You’ve done your time in Hell”.

what... the FROCK.??? glorifying a pack of power mad gestapo tax collectors. LMFAO..i havent laughed like that since I was a little girl.!!!
CrackThump
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Aliqua » 12 May 2020, 5:44 pm

You're the only one "Crack"Thump... I hope you have a lovely day.
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by AussieCapitalist » 12 May 2020, 7:37 pm

Everybody regardless of crime deserves representation and their day(or months) in court. Even the NAZIS had a trial. Everybody is innocent until proof is brought forward that they are guilty and until then all charges are only alleged. The Porsche driver is worth a few million so he will have a lot of lawyers trying to represent him to make a few hundred grand off him. Even if he gets released the court of public opinion has already made its judgement and he will struggle to find work moving forward as everybody has already cast their stones.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by womble » 13 May 2020, 4:30 am

Petition to bring public stonings to Australia
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 13 May 2020, 9:06 pm

The Porsche driver and the truck driver were already stoned .....public Stoning is messy and a bit old fashioned .... a modern helicopter could just drop them ten k offshore
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Grandadbushy » 13 May 2020, 11:19 pm

Some people may find this interesting ,although a little different to the 41yr old infant incident that got 4 officers killed . ( Drugged up, run from police and caused an accident that took the life of a motor cycle rider ) she is handed a life sentence :thumbsup: :drinks: I just wonder how it will play out for the truck driver and mr infant if they are found guilty ? :silent: :shock:
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Angel » 14 May 2020, 11:40 am

Ol Mate didnt get bail...
Angel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Previous