Illegal Firearms

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Illegal Firearms

Post by AussieCapitalist » 28 Apr 2020, 3:31 pm

See that shooting in Canada the other day. 20 something people killed. The police think old mate was using illegal guns.
Just like old mate port arthur. A criminal will always find a way to get what he wants.

https://www.timminstoday.com/national-n ... ns-2275900
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Ziege » 28 Apr 2020, 3:37 pm

It s**ts me so hard that my hemorroids start playing up that the average moron on the street literally thinks Bryant received that gun via the legitimate means, that he had to go through all the stops, cos he didn't, much the same as Tarrant was let through and so on and so forth, the blame for their actions lies solely with law enforcement and lawmakers. No one else.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by AussieCapitalist » 28 Apr 2020, 3:44 pm

Yes buying guys illegally was a bit easier in the early 90s when Bryant did it but banning semi autos and pump shoties for most people because of it is just ridiculous. He bought one from a dealer who did not ask to see his licence and another out of the newspaper. Bryant did not even have a car licence and yet he was driving cars on public roads. Should we restrict cars too? The guy in Darwin who killed those 4 people had a restricted pump shotgun and was wearing a police tracing device on his ankle as he was on parole.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 28 Apr 2020, 5:13 pm

Couple footy players getting charged for shooting on private property. I don't see why it is illegal for an unlicensed person over 18 to shoot on private property whilst in the company of licenced shooter. If they are over 11 but under18 than its legal but over 18 and its all of a sudden a bad thing.

I also don't understand people who break the law then post photos and videos of themselves on the internet.

https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... -c-1003245
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Farmerpete » 28 Apr 2020, 5:49 pm

Isn't it funny how the media didn't say more than two words about the Darwin shooting- a bloke who was in no way fit and proper using a firearm that's been effectively banned by "very successful" gun laws for 23 years killing 4 people. But won't stop talking about 2 guys shooting tin cans on private property when one of them was licenced to use the gun?
Who's the media watchdog in Australia?
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 28 Apr 2020, 6:04 pm

Sing it famerpete. A couple of blokes plinking on PRIVATE property is all of a sudden the worst thing in the world. They will use it as evidence of why they shut down gun shops in some states. The public is getting restless and the government is trying to save face by showing how lockdown laws are a good thing.

The Darwin shooting shows the failure of gun laws and the government on many levels. A bloke on parole with an ankle monitor obtained an illegal firearm. That should never of happened. But yet lawful shooters with a spent round under their seat will get the book thrown at them.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Farmerpete » 28 Apr 2020, 7:39 pm

Aussie as a father of three high risk kids I fully support the lockdown laws. one thing I'll never support though is discrimination and prejudice my belief is if a cycling shop is open so the cyclists can ride bikes why can't the hunting shops be open.??
An armed bush walk is just as good for exercise as riding a bike. The powers that be wanted them closed I'm not sure why but it does make me wonder how free our democracy is.
Also with the relaxation of laws coming in QLD next week I see the palace-chook was letting us fish again but no word on allowing hunting again or the opening of gun ranges with social distancing.....it does make one ask a question about the motivation behind restrictions?
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 29 Apr 2020, 10:35 am

Farmerpete wrote:Aussie as a father of three high risk kids I fully support the lockdown laws. one thing I'll never support though is discrimination and prejudice my belief is if a cycling shop is open so the cyclists can ride bikes why can't the hunting shops be open.??
An armed bush walk is just as good for exercise as riding a bike. The powers that be wanted them closed I'm not sure why but it does make me wonder how free our democracy is.
Also with the relaxation of laws coming in QLD next week I see the palace-chook was letting us fish again but no word on allowing hunting again or the opening of gun ranges with social distancing.....it does make one ask a question about the motivation behind restrictions?

IMHO the closing of LGS and no hunting is simply harassment.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Ziege » 29 Apr 2020, 1:30 pm

Anyone trying to church up their intentions is just deceiving themselves, as said before a cycling shop isn't essential, neither is the local boat shop, and here in my small town there is no reason that the arts and craft shop be opened. I say that because if they are legitimately telling us that the only reason gun stores are closed is because they're non essential then all Gun store owners need to reopen now. Bottle shops aren't essential, and neither are shops like Supercheap auto. Yet they're open
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 29 Apr 2020, 1:39 pm

In the face of what is / is not a high risk for spreading the disease...surely stores like Supercheap, bunnings, etc where thousands of ppl congregate are much higher risk then gun stores where generally only a few ppl visit.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by poid » 29 Apr 2020, 2:45 pm

For sure, I've felt much more exposed going to a coles or woolies than in my LGS where there are less people, and people in the LGS have been more sensible than the mob you find in a supermarket.
poid
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Farmerpete » 29 Apr 2020, 4:18 pm

I have an oc4 license my lgs has been closed since the directive from the health minister. They still haven't reopened even though most licenses in my area are probably occupational or re for farm land hunting.
I was shocked when after the restrictions were altered for the second time and most could buy ammo again they were still shut.
Maybe they haven't heard it wasn't exactly announced as loudly as the ban... wonder why???
But it doesn't exactly compell me not to drive 20 mins to the next town to get my guns and ammo when all this is over either.
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics