Covidsafe App you really want it

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Covidsafe App you really want it

Post by TassieTiger » 07 May 2020, 1:18 pm

And don’t forget the ATO early access scheme has been hacked with hundreds losing their balances - same ppl Are protecting your data / privacy...same ppl who developed robobill and blamed terrorism on Centrelink crashes...no thanks.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Raband » 07 May 2020, 2:39 pm

Grandadbushy wrote:So ok Robin I respect your opinion but wonder, if that is the case of the government having all this lets say ''Spy'' stuff then why would they want more ? For them wanting more to me say's they have more than the virus in mind , but I may be wrong ,but it's still not something I want to do.

Or, may be a far fetched idea, but, what if....

The app does exactly what it says it does?

Doesn't track locations
Doesn't phone data home
Relies on the user to themselves request that the data it's stored is forwarded on to the health officials
Only records the bare minimum data that's required on the phone for the app to do its job?

Hopefully the source code is released before too long and experts can dig deep into it and report back exactly how safe or concerning it is.
Raband
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Grandadbushy » 07 May 2020, 4:51 pm

Yes Raband I honestly hope you're right and it does all that it's supposed to it will be beneficial to all concerned but in the end it still comes back to ''Can it be trusted'' you certainly can't trust the government you only have to look back to what Morrison done to roll Turnbull the lies and cheating that went on so Raband mate I respect your opinion but can't bring myself to trust anyone on this app not even if they say it's ok again , I suppose it's up to the individual to do as they see is right :thumbsup:
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Strangedog » 07 May 2020, 6:03 pm

The biggest concern I have is, lets say it tells you were in contact with someone with the China Flu. Do you then have to self isolate? Is it compulsory? You have to stop working cause an app has control over you? Or is this not the case?
Strangedog
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 07 May 2020, 6:07 pm

I agree with your understanding of the app roband. It doesn't beep to let you know you just passed a covid patient. If its setup properly and working will note who you passed next to and if any one of them test positive in the next 2 weeks you will get a notification saying go get checked.

So deano mate your boss misunderstands... butt it's a work phone. So work rules.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Raband » 07 May 2020, 6:42 pm

Strangedog wrote:The biggest concern I have is, lets say it tells you were in contact with someone with the China Flu. Do you then have to self isolate? Is it compulsory? You have to stop working cause an app has control over you? Or is this not the case?

What happens is you'll get a call from a doctor or health care worker letting you know that there's a chance that you came into contact with a confirmed carrier over the last however long.

You can then discuss with them your concerns, worries and course of action.

No different from if the sick person was able to track back their recent movements and recall you as being in contact with them without any app involved.

Main goal of the app (it's only goal?? ;) ) is to improve the contact tracing part of the equation, both with time and with accuracy.

If you have to self isolate it won't be because an app beeped - it'll be because you came into contact with an infected person and may be a carrier, same as those people who are traced without the use of the app.

Not wanting to use the app because it may make it easier or possible for them to let you know if you're a risk to yourself and others could be one reason not to want it, but I wouldn't call it a sensible one.

If I was at risk of being a carrier, I'd sure want to know as soon as possible and take steps to avoid risking others.
Raband
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Stix » 07 May 2020, 6:56 pm

Heard an expert today on Adelaide ABC wireless today around lunch-ish time sprooking his thoughts & findings along with all the issues.

Bottom line, his opinion, dont download it...

Above everything else, he clearly states it breeches privacy & security laws, & the Govt hav not fixed it & remain tight lipped about it & are seemingly ignoring/negating to fix issues & be transparent about it.

Given this guy was all over ABC radio, you'd imagine the Govt would step to voice up & defend themselves if things were different...

This guy is all over social media apparently s& his stuff is all accessable to public--even his dealngs with the Govt.
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Raband » 07 May 2020, 7:26 pm

And heres one who says do download it

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal ... 54pc6.html

And heres an article where some say do download it and others say don't

https://www.sydney.edu.au/news-opinion/ ... g-app.html

And here's every other opinion between it's the work of satan and it'll save the world

https://www.google.com/search?q=securit ... e&ie=UTF-8
Raband
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Stix » 07 May 2020, 7:39 pm

As well as that Rab...

For those interested, here is the link to the podcast to todays program...i mentioned above---straight from this software guru's mouth

https://www.abc.net.au/radio/adelaide/p ... s/12203974

Its talking with some software guru & goes right into how this APP is shutting down other APPS like hearing aids & diabetic apps etc, also goes into the security...

Ive short cut it for you...scoot along to...
From 6 minutes through to about 32 mins...

Pretty interesting i thought...worth a listen if you're on the fence, or have a healthy interest in the to or not to download debate...
:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 07 May 2020, 7:42 pm

I’ll have a listen to podcast - I’m addicyed to end lol. The MeatEater team have some great hunting ones.

Anyway-
ABC are advising the APP is still not operational in regards to reporting...4 million ppl have downloaded it. And note the diabetes issue - that’s just plain funny. If you have diabetes on the app you may have connection issues. Lolz.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.abc ... e/12208924
Last edited by TassieTiger on 07 May 2020, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Grandadbushy » 07 May 2020, 8:27 pm

Trust me said the Romans to the Christians I will lead you to a front seat in the arena, it is ok ,( But alas it was the lion cage) it was all over in one bite ,does this sound familiar ( follow me download the app, trust me there is nothing to worry about, the app is fine), all over in a download . ''But each to their own''
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by poid » 07 May 2020, 8:48 pm

Sergeant Hartman wrote:

So deano mate your boss misunderstands... butt it's a work phone. So work rules.

A workplace can't force anyone to install the app on any device.
poid
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 07 May 2020, 9:07 pm

Stix wrote:As well as that Rab...

For those interested, here is the link to the podcast to todays program...i mentioned above---straight from this software guru's mouth

https://www.abc.net.au/radio/adelaide/p ... s/12203974

Its talking with some software guru & goes right into how this APP is shutting down other APPS like hearing aids & diabetic apps etc, also goes into the security...

Ive short cut it for you...scoot along to...
From 6 minutes through to about 32 mins...

Pretty interesting i thought...worth a listen if you're on the fence, or have a healthy interest in the to or not to download debate...
:drinks:

Very interesting Stix - software engineer/researchers who has reverse engineered the source code within his business.

Amazes me - ppl have already taken it for granted that the govt is telling 100% truth about how the app works, yet - this team of ppl are saying something very different and several areas of the app are broken and well known to the govt...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Ziege » 07 May 2020, 9:31 pm

Grandadbushy wrote:Trust me said the Romans to the Christians I will lead you to a front seat in the arena, it is ok ,( But alas it was the lion cage) it was all over in one bite ,does this sound familiar ( follow me download the app, trust me there is nothing to worry about, the app is fine), all over in a download . ''But each to their own''

No different to the Nazi's relocating Jews mate.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Grandadbushy » 07 May 2020, 9:47 pm

Yeah Ziege that's right mate, shameful stuff hey.
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Ziege » 07 May 2020, 10:07 pm

Only a fool doesn't question authority
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by wanneroo » 08 May 2020, 3:50 am

Stix wrote:
wanneroo wrote:
Often I think when people imagine tyranny they might think of jackboots going to door to door to confiscate your guns or to grab people hostile to the regime, but a lot of times tyranny is imposed with the willing or manipulated consent of the people.

This app is a great example. Look at the way it is being sold "hey folks if you want to come out of this sooner, you better download the app", so through shaming people download the app. Then a year from now, five years from now, once they have this voluntary web of technology installed everywhere, they'll be using it to coerce people, "hey there why you were near Fred so and so and what were you talking about". Then anyone that questions this, the government will say "hey it's all for your safety and you want to be safe right?".

The best thing you will ever do folks is unplug from the Matrix. Stop listening to all the government propaganda, turn off those TV news networks and programs, watch what you read in the paper. Even science is corrupted now, science is all about who pays and the scientists will tell you the apocalyptic result you want so it can be used to manipulate people.

wanneroo wrote:
That's one of the key selling points tyranny uses, "you don't have anything to hide do you?"

I think once the people with power know every place you go, every thought you have, what you do every time of the day, then who are you as a person?

Also I would do some research, unless you are in the highly contagious stages of the virus with coughing and sneezing, casual contact with people doesn't transmit the virus easily.

You're spot on there wanneroo...i like what you've said... :clap: :drinks:

But how do make people aware of it is the question...?

The attitude you speak of is even suffered by gun owners here in Aust & they cant see it... :unknown:

It's like Morpheus said in the Matrix, some people are so dependent on the Matrix they will literally kill to stay plugged in.

I'd say most people that participate in a forum, they think, they read, they write. Consider most of the public out there, a lot of them are drones with their heads in the clouds. They gobble up whatever is fed to them through media, they do not think or research or form an opinion. These folks follow the herd of whatever society is doing and they don't put any thought into it. Realistically they probably don't have many independent thoughts at all and their time, energy and money is controlled by other entities.

So I think you can leave some bread crumbs out there but people have to find it on their own, you can't force-ably unplug them. I think humans are more comfortable with lies rather than truths and for people to confront truths in their life that can provoke a lot of anger and other emotions. Even things on a personal level for people to confront truths about inter sexual dynamics and their relationships with women, their personal finances, their job or business, their lifestyle, etc. that can be difficult.

With this app you only have to look at what totalitarian and authoritarian regimes have done in modern times, China is a great example of that. Do people really think that an app that logs your proximity with all these other people is going to be used for your safety and in this one off circumstance of a virus? That's not the way government works.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Ziege » 08 May 2020, 8:58 am

If only more people thought like you Wanneroo, I'm considering moving to the USA perhaps soon, given that Australian people have to be the biggest sheeple outside of Britain. I have tonnes of friends in the USA thanks to attending school here in a military town. And I think overall the American people have a far better sense of liberty and freedom and so forth.... I just can't imagine bringing my kids up here to be trapped into a control freaks wet dream.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Grandadbushy » 08 May 2020, 12:44 pm

AHH, hang in there Ziege mate, don't be like the old milker cow and think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, because she found out when she stuck one leg over the ''Electric '' fence , it then all turned to s**t . :thumbsup: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 08 May 2020, 12:59 pm

Ziege wrote:If only more people thought like you Wanneroo, I'm considering moving to the USA perhaps soon, given that Australian people have to be the biggest sheeple outside of Britain. I have tonnes of friends in the USA thanks to attending school here in a military town. And I think overall the American people have a far better sense of liberty and freedom and so forth.... I just can't imagine bringing my kids up here to be trapped into a control freaks wet dream.

Bon voyage champ
Member-Deleted

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 08 May 2020, 6:43 pm

Yep Auf Wiedersehen.

You go there and realise ohh you get paid 10bucks an hour, no dole, have to work 2 jobs and when you rock up to hospital to give birth (your girl) they won't help you unless you have medical insurance... and then pay thousands in copay.

And when the kid and missus kick you on your bum... you won't have money to get a bandaid
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Ricochet » 08 May 2020, 9:55 pm

Ohh man it's tin foil hat time.

After working in IT for about 15-16 years or so and I'm no hacker or cyber security expert but I got to see how some things work and seeing how the world works, there's about a snowballs chance in hell of me downloading the app. Let me list a few reasons why for you.

Australian government's own track record of abusing data collection and glossing over it when it comes to publishing the events and prosecution of involved offenders.

BS law changes on whistleblowers, these people stick their necks out at great personal cost to make shifty's known, as the government like to say nothing to hide nothing to fear except when they are doing the shiftys on us and don't want to get sprung while they whittle away at our rights and freedoms.

These are just movies but the Jason Bourne movie series highlight all the search mechanisms governments are building, maybe the super soldier James Bond on steroids bit is all BS, but all the CCT surveillance stuff and the hacking is based on truth and just remember the general public only ever hear about this stuff after its old and outdated.

The Covid apps storage being in the US and nobody is being straight about whether or not the yanks will have access to Aussie data.

If most of us were being stalked walking down the street we'd be worried, so why does electronic stalking not worry some people??.. It should. As somebody mentioned in this thread after browsing something online they all of a sudden started getting adds for that gear. It's already happening and the government do nothing to outlaw this behaviour and protect our privacy because they don't want us to have any.

They don't need to track our every movements, but they want to and I will not willingly give them any extra means to do so. They already bug our phones,can access the camera or mic at will, but cannot produce the results without dobbing themselves in, so the Covid app is nothing more than an attempt to get you to consent to other forms of monitoring and tracking.

Besides, anybody ever hear of skynet??
Ricochet
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 09 May 2020, 12:02 am

Yea well the thing that stands out for me as being strange, is, various leaders are sprooking to us that life will never be the same...

So...
If this is just a virus, once there is a vaccine, why wont life return to the same freedoms...?

And...
What freedoms will we be without, & why...?

We're supposedly not allowed to congregate in numbers above 10 here in SA, & only 2 in other states...& some are even fined for breeching distance rules...

Yet supermarkets are full of people, isles are packed, & even the self serve checkouts are all still in use with people less than 1.5m apart...

There is a lot that doesnt add up, & this App is only one of them...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Ziege » 09 May 2020, 12:54 am

Yeah honestly despite the pitfalls starting to think us citizenship will be the go, get a green card through friend sponsorship, and enjoy the bill of rights. Cos sure as f*** would rather die that way than caged up here of that's their intent
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Grandadbushy » 09 May 2020, 8:16 am

Yes stix i'm swayed to thinking a bit like you on the matter of it never being the same again , I can't see why not ,other than those that have lost loved ones and the poor buggers that have lost their business I can't see why it won't return to like it was , yes we all have had our problems and so on but we will endure and come out of it but for the government to be saying it won't be the same sounds like they have ulterior motives for the future , possibly keeping some things put in while the virus was rife ie tighter control of gunshops and ammo, the new ankle brace( the app ) and stuff that we have not been privy to who would know what will come out of this especially when governments are at their best at duping people when their mind is on other things, just look at how gun laws was brought in , scare the living -b-Jesus out of people and ''strike while the iron is hot '' John Howards own words
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 09 May 2020, 9:14 am

Interesting previous posts.

Just to add...last night, few drinks on the computer zoom meeting place with some smarter ppl than I. Not hard I know.

It was mentioned On there ststes would be enforcing a flu vaccine mandate for everyone Prior to easing restriction and that the covid app could be used to track it. I piped up and said they wouldn’t be so brazen at this early stage, but then this morning on the news...heard qld govt is considering exactly this - for sports teams to start with.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by TassieTiger » 09 May 2020, 9:43 am

Agreed Poid - it’s the fact that cv app was NOT going to be used for anything other than cv.

My wife was saying Jokingly - how long before the app alerts you, that you don’t have enough of a 5 star credit rating to be lingering in the upper Swanky suburbs Of which you have been located, police have been called...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Farmerpete » 09 May 2020, 9:58 am

Poid from my understanding (which isn't much) the idea of enforcing flu vaccine is an attempt to decrease the amount of people showing up to a snowed under hospital to get tested for Rona when all they have is influenza.
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 09 May 2020, 2:48 pm

Well for the first time ever i got the flu jab this year... and apart from cronavirus nothing really changed. (The jab was only a couple o ud weeks ago).

Hey tassie did i become nice? Have i become a vegan, or an animal loving hippie, crazy..... nope nothing.

Getting a vaccine is a personal decision, but it has to be re realised f hour vaccines to work about 60-70% of the r population have to have the vaccine. Obviously some people can't have vaccines due to medical reasons. And think about diseases like polio, small pox, measles etc that used to kill hundreds of thousands of children every year that doesn't happen only because kids get vaccinated.

Saying that they might inject a mind alerting drug in the flu vaccine or a tracker in the vaccine...is just crazy, because if you could make a tracker that small.... they just put it in our drinking water, but lot more simpler and efficient..... Or in a panadol capsule.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by poid » 09 May 2020, 3:49 pm

Farmerpete wrote:Poid from my understanding (which isn't much) the idea of enforcing flu vaccine is an attempt to decrease the amount of people showing up to a snowed under hospital to get tested for Rona when all they have is influenza.

mmm but for flu most hospitalisations are for kids under 5 and adults over 65, who are already covered by free flu shots anyway. Much like the app I can't put 2 and together and make sense of it.

Interesting short PDF about the flu shot, again doesn't look very effective:

https://www.aihw.gov.au/getmedia/2623df ... a.pdf.aspx

What I dont want to see is govt making the flu shot compulsory like other vaccinations that are actually effective. Remember they originally wanted the app to be compulsory before they realised there would be a backlash, having codes like the NRL enforcing flu shots feels like a precursor to it being more prevalent.
poid
Private
Private

New South Wales

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms related media and politics