Canada bans semi-autos

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Canada bans semi-autos

Post by marksman » 04 May 2020, 6:28 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Mm. Just say i ng in general terms we need to have a bit of decorum. Not naming stix in particular.

I did not intend to target stix.

Secondly. I dont have any real issues with semis. I understand some would like them. I just think it shouldnt be open slather.

And whats wrong with being an ocassional shooter?

Sitting over a warren now. Lol some shooters are keen, others very keen. Takes all kinds.

there's nothing wrong at all with occasional shooters, l'm in that category at the moment myself
there is a problem with someone spouting crap as if they know something but they do not
can you see why anyone would say they were being baited by this uninformed rubbish,
does it sound like its from someone who hunts duck or has had a self loader?

"Hunting with a semi auto shot gun, as you all explain can be accomplished with a over and under, if you had a fizzer then a semi can have a fizzer as well. The fact blast of the shot travels around 350m/sec and a shotgun has a range of less than 50m, the animal would have already started to move by the time 3rd shoot was fired and very likely you would miss anyway. Or you are saying your skills are that bad that you need 5 or 6 shots to hit your target. Considering the bag limits of ducks are not getting bigger in VIC atleast how many shots do you need to kill 3 or 5 ducks?"

no farken idea at all, it actually sounds like a duck protester

does this sound like someone who has experience and is not biased against hunting?

"I thought hunting was about the experience, tracking an animal through wilderness until you finally get the perfect shot, if not then try again...not be a Rambo and just shot 1 million rounds through the forest and maybe kill something."

it sounds like someone who has no clue about culling pest animals or the definition of hunting

a true FUDD has no experience but knows best about everything firearms, eg... the 22 rimfire range shooter who tells you the best load for your 30-06 or how to hunt deer and why you should not have a firearm type you were trusted to own for many years because its black or looks like a military weapon

we are all entitled to our own opinions sure, but this type of post is asking for trouble, its a put down

Stix was right :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Grandadbushy » 04 May 2020, 7:04 pm

Well said marksman and also there's a few here that no matter what someone has to say they have to create a hostile conversation around it and I think these people know who I'm talking about . I firmly believe we all are entitled to our opinion but just in the last 2 pages I've read exactly why I removed myself from this forum awhile back nothing has changed still the few prepared to disrupt the majority by singling out people and starting a hostile post none of us are perfect, but some are more knowledgeable about certain things and we should take note of what they have to say not take the piss because they don't know or are not interested in what they have to say, if you're not interested or don't know just don't read it and don't reply if you don't have something constructive to say or ask because seriously you will sound like a s**t stirrer which a few have already done. What's wrong with you people some are acting like spoilt children disrupting the class room, I'm starting to see how and why the law think some of us shouldn't have firearms it's because they act like children and can't control themselves as adults . ( Hate me for saying this , I don't care) but it will only be the s**t stirrers that will because the adults of this forum will most likely be thinking the same as I am.
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by JimmyS » 04 May 2020, 7:11 pm

Denno wrote:
AussieCapitalist wrote:And rimfire semiauto rifles. Nowhere in the world is rimfire restricted. People hear the word semi auto and think it is a machine gun.

I can't really see the need for semi auto or full auto at all anyway

What can you do with one that a bolt/lever/straight pull can't?

I would like one too but personally can't see the reason to own one

The above just perfectly summarised the opposite to freedom.

Nice!
JimmyS
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 04 May 2020, 8:19 pm

Fair enough farmerpete, i obviously missed your earlier post. Thanks for explaining your reason. Thinking about it, If it was upto me i would 100% support you getting a cat D.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 04 May 2020, 9:58 pm

Can I just suggest.

Slightly off topic.GIF
Slightly off topic.GIF (10.97 KiB) Viewed 4596 times

Perhaps the discussion about semi's should be another thread?
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 05 May 2020, 5:51 am

Nope. This thread is good. Carry on
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 05 May 2020, 9:51 am

JimmyS wrote:
Denno wrote:
AussieCapitalist wrote:And rimfire semiauto rifles. Nowhere in the world is rimfire restricted. People hear the word semi auto and think it is a machine gun.

What can you do with one that a bolt/lever/straight pull can't?

I would like one too but personally can't see the reason to own one

The above just perfectly summarised the opposite to freedom.

Nice!

Yeah right. Haha
I live in freedom in Australia
I own a firearm
I respect the laws and am glad they are in place.
I don’t want to think what our country would be like without them.
I cringe when I see the nutters in the US with their arsenals of assault weapons.
Take the protests in Michigan as an example. Sure people don’t want to be in lockdown and they are within their rights to protest but why the hell do they need to have an AK in their hand when they do it.

Is that your idea of freedom. I call that idiots trying to intimidate people.
I don’t want that here... ever!

I asked a question.
I have read the opinions of people. Some are legit, some are plain stupid.
Others are borderline fanatical.

I am glad we have the restrictions we have. The people that really need or want semis will jump through the hoops to get them.

At least it makes it hard for the fruitloops in the country
Member-Deleted

Post by Oldbloke » 05 May 2020, 11:06 am

Denno,
I think a lot of firearm owners are more or less where u and I are.

But.
Your about to be called a fudd mate. Lol
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 05 May 2020, 11:25 am

Oldbloke wrote:Denno,
I think a lot of firearm owners are more or less where u and I are.

But.
Your about to be called a fudd mate. Lol

I've been called way worse than that in my time mate. :drinks:
Member-Deleted

Post by AussieCapitalist » 05 May 2020, 3:46 pm

Denno wrote:
Yeah right. Haha
I own a firearm
I cringe when I see the nutters in the US with their arsenals of assault weapons.
Take the protests in Michigan as an example. Sure people don’t want to be in lockdown and they are within their rights to protest but why the hell do they need to have an AK in their hand when they do it.

I asked a question.

I am glad we have the restrictions we have. The people that really need or want semis will jump through the hoops to get them.

Mate you really are a greens voter. If you had any idea you would realise that ASSAULT WEAPONS are heavily restricted in America. You have to pay a $200 tax and under go heavy background checks(fingerprints, etc) and the ASSAULT WEAPON has to of been registered before may of 1986. Not only that, as an example an MP5 will set you back at least 25grand. If it is not select fire than it is not an ASSAULT WEAPON. So keep spouting your left wing talking points but you are uneducated on the matter.

FYI the fruit loops of the country can just as easily cause harm with an A,B,H firearm. What's the latest stat, less than 0.1% of gun crime is committed with legally obtained firearms. Look at the reports mate. Before 1996, bolt action rifles were used in most shootings.
Last edited by AussieCapitalist on 05 May 2020, 4:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 05 May 2020, 3:47 pm

Anyone who wont allow me to legally buy auto 50bmgs and an SLR can not ever have my fellowship. I don't tell other people how to spend their currency so don't tell me how to spend mine.

I should hand in my V8 ute as well and buy a camry. Nobody needs a v8.

I don't need a blue shirt as well.

I don't need coffee when caffeine can come in a pill.

I don't need meat when protein comes in powder form.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 05 May 2020, 4:04 pm

American background checks for full auto AKA assault weapons for the lefties on this form are more full on then ours. No state in Australia makes you get finger printed. But then once it is legally obtained anyone can use it which makes no sense.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 05 May 2020, 4:14 pm

No one is talking about full auto... except you. Maybe that's the confusion that your defination is different.

Hes very likely taking about semi auto style of rifles
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 05 May 2020, 4:14 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:
Denno wrote:
Yeah right. Haha
I own a firearm

I asked a question.

Mate you really are a greens voter. If you had any idea you would realise that ASSAULT WEAPONS are heavily restricted in America. You have to pay a $200 tax and under go heavy background checks and the ASSAULT WEAPON has to of been registered before may of 1986. Not only that, as an example an MP5 will set you back at least 25grand. If it is not select fire than it is not an ASSAULT WEAPON. So keep spouting your left wing talking points but you are uneducated on the matter.

That's your standard rightard religious wacko zealot answer isn't it AC.
Spewing some more toxic rubbish you read on Facebook or nexus magazine.
Totally out of context with even any of the debates in the thread.
It really just an brainwashed automatic cry for help you do when no one listens to you.
And you're calling me uneducated. No worries bubba :thumbsup:

You again missed my point stupid.
Who gives a rat's butt about has much they cost. :violin:
I never want them here...
or the wackos that want them just for their rights and freedom...oh please :crazy:

Cry me a river.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Member-Deleted

Post by AussieCapitalist » 05 May 2020, 4:17 pm

Sergeant Hartman wrote:No one is talking about full auto... except you. Maybe that's the confusion that your defination is different.

Hes very likely taking about semi auto style of rifles

Read his post mate.

" I see the nutters in the US with their arsenals of assault weapons"

He obviously has no idea what an assault weapons is. A semi auto is not an assault rifle.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 05 May 2020, 8:12 pm

I miss my ruger mini 14
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Ziege » 05 May 2020, 10:39 pm

Denno wrote:

Well I can't see the need for automatic transmissions, escalators, or vibrators but people sure do like having them, perhaps they should all be labelled non essential and banned or heavily restricted?

Denno wrote:What can you do with one that a bolt/lever/straight pull can't?

What does it matter? There are plenty of legitimate applications for recreational use of semi automatic firearms, sport, hunting, pest control and plinking to name a few. But again, what can an automatic car do that a manual can't within the bounds of the law?

Denno wrote:I would like one too but personally can't see the reason to own one

Reason? Wanting one is more than enough reason, only reason you shouldn't be allowed one is if you're a violent criminal.

Denno wrote:Yeah right. Haha

You believe you do, but in actual fact you have very limited to no rights here at all. Certainly none as an individual.

Denno wrote:I own a firearm

Good for you, but not all people want the same kind of firearms as you. Your choices should have no bearing on what others should have as a choice.

Denno wrote:I respect the laws and am glad they are in place.

The laws we have are exhaustive, inefficient, ineffective (black market exists rending them pointless), and outright draconian and poorly implemented by a police force that thinks it writes the law and is above the law.

Denno wrote:I don't want to think what our country would be like without them.

No society is lawless. Without "our" laws others would exist.

Denno wrote:I cringe when I see the nutters in the US with their arsenals of assault weapons.

Let me correct your grammar
"When I see the collectors in the USA with their collections of fine firearms and wares"

Also assault weapons? What exactly is an assault weapon? I'm starting to think you work for NBC. A stick is an assault weapon if you hit or intimidate someone with it... Get a grip

Denno wrote:Take the protests in Michigan as an example. Sure people don’t want to be in lockdown and they are within their rights to protest but why the hell do they need to have an AK in their hand when they do it.

So they have a constitutional right to congregate, and protest and also to bear arms. You having an issue with that is far worse than them exercising their rights... Rights Australian people have never had and likely will never get.

Denno wrote:Is that your idea of freedom. I call that idiots trying to intimidate people.

Again, you don't understand liberties, freedoms, rights, and that they have to be exercised to be kept. So you don't want the right above all administration and government to be free to do what you want as a free man? Geez you must be a sad little scared fella if you think sacrificing your liberty and that of your progeny or everyone else's progeny for the perception of safety that is still not granted. Instead you end up with a more restrictive and oppressive life. Sad and pathetic.

Denno wrote:I asked a question.

Fanatical? Stupid? Examples?

Denno wrote:I am glad we have the restrictions we have. The people that really need or want semis will jump through the hoops to get them.

Yeah yeah you'll sing your little tune until it hits your hip pocket or eliminates your ability to have your little gun and play with it how you want.

Denno wrote:At least it makes it hard for the fruitloops in the country

It's very simple for the "fruitloops" to get weapons, improvised explosives, and blueprints and so on to make the aforementioned, if you think that sh¡t like Port Arthur is avoidable because of laws think again, his gun was illegally procured, the laws of the day were circumvented, as is obvious, criminals don't follow the law. As for the 99% of all gun violence in this country, it's committed with firearms that were never legitimately sold, imported, owned in Australia, ever. So again, you've sold out freedoms, liberties and self respect for the perception of safety not granted to you at all, and for what exactly?
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Strangedog » 06 May 2020, 12:33 am

Ziege you make plenty of good points. I can't believe the amount of people on this firearm owners forum who want our liberties degraded such as they are and continue to be. It's a depressing state of affairs.
One of Denno's first posts is enquiring about semi-auto firearms, yet he believes no-one should have them unless you have a need. Also they are no advantage over a repeating action, which seems to contradict his original point. :huh:
The law changes in Canada is an obvious agender driven knee-jerk reaction we have seen many times by left leaning PC governments. It will do basically nothing to stop similar shootings but will be popular with short sighted masses who will all feel better until the next major gun crime comes along where they will feel the need for more restrictive legislation.
I love the passion Americans have for their liberties and I wish more people in this country would have a similar set of principles.
Strangedog
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by womble » 06 May 2020, 4:34 am

Well. Usually it’s a wrap, when Grandad tells all of us to pull our heads in.

You have to listen to other peoples points of view and try and really see it from their perspective or you can never reach a resolution, a compromise at least.
The debate has very strong arguments on both sides. If you really soul search it.
The loss of individual freedoms and liberties is a high price that many can’t bare. I understand that. God created me with free will.
But then if ,someone else suffers unbearable losses because a criminal exploits those freedoms, what value does their life have left anyway.
We have to co-exist peacefully and no system is perfect. Ours is the one of the better ones overall i think.

Some of us, have tried to point out a major technical flaw in Canadas proposal literally. Which has also been applied to us and NZ more recently. That being classing sporting and hunting rifles as “assault rifles”.
The sole purpose of using false and misleading terminologies being to get the consent and agreement of the masses. Purely by inciting fear and shock. But it’s a lie.
An assault rifle is a war time weapon. It’s purpose is indeed to effectively kill as many people as possible. It is of a different design and function.
Nearly all of the firearms that have been banned here, NZ, and now proposed in Canada are not assault rifles by design and function.

They have banned hunting and sporting rifles. And that’s the truth.
And whether or not you feel you need a self loading hunting rifle, or prefer a manually operated one for the nostalgic appeal. You really can’t disrespect another firearms enthusiasts opinion or choice. That plays out badly for all of us.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 06 May 2020, 4:41 am

Which one below is an assault rifle.
Enfield 303
Ruger 10/22
Which one can i own.

Clearly the legislations we abide by are unfounded in research and knowledge. Based on lies.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Grandadbushy » 06 May 2020, 8:06 am

''GOOD'' on ya Womble that's the sort of common sense we need to here on this forum mate ,and yes your right I do get pissed of when I get on here to have a good read and have a conflab about things, only to find it's not a forum of debate but a pissing contest run by 13yr olds it's a breath of fresh air to read some common sense mate also ''Walk a bout'' is a good thing mate clears the mind of all the BS you've read that didn't need to be read but was the only thing on here at the time so some should try it ,might give them an insight into other peoples way of thinking and opinions . This forum is full of people with wisdom, shooting ability, common knowledge things and much more and all too willing to pass their knowledge on to you making this a forum of teaching and debate forum but some on here always resort to creating a pissing contest which in turn degrades the forum as well as themselves for no apparent means other than to force their opinion onto another person and I wish they'd do it somewhere else rather than bugger up down to earth debates of other sensible and common sense people wanting to maybe learn something new, which is one of the things this forum is designed to do. ''Good post Womble mate''
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 06 May 2020, 8:09 am

"I have no need for a semi. But can see some would want one. The bar is too high. Needs to be lowered.

Ill get howled down on this. So not going to get into an argument. Hear goes. But often thought change the requirement to.
1. Get A & B licence initially. So no change there .
2. After say 3 years if you behave be able to buy some semi's. Like a probation period.

All manually operated firearms classified as B.

Thought it might be more palitable for the politicians. More sensible for us. But shooters normally jump on me for that saying it should be like US. I dont want to go down the path of the US.

Ill duck under the take now."

That was a quote from1 of my earlier posts

So who was it called me an ani and member of GCA?

See I dont have an issue with semis. My issue is allowing people who may not be responsible enough to have them.
When people come on here saying i want i want like a 3 year old asking for lollies & we should be like USA. IMHO, they do not sound responsible.

See, our sport involves the use of a tool designed for the purpose of killing.(and nothing else) Since society would like to feel and be safe its up to us to prove to them that we are responsible. And have a reasonable reason for having guns. Other wise they cast their vote against us. And that is the reality.

Now if some one would like a couple of semis, i have no objection. Provided that person is responsible and a sensible reason. But they need to show that.

I look at it this way. If a nutter walks into the shopping center where my daughter works with evil intent, id rather he have a bolt action with a blind 5 round magazine than a semi carying 5 x 20 round magazines. Clearly he can do more damage with the latter. You see any person at any time might become unstable or become a criminal. It just happend. People develop depression or marrage breakup, get on drugs. That person could then, if he owned a gun head to the nearest shopping center and open fire. And he was fine 3 years ago.

Now when some one comes on here saying if i want i should just get, no questions asked, any nunber of semis i want. And no other rational argument why. What am i soposed to think?

We dont allow anyone to pilot passenger jets, drive b doubles or operate cranes. There is a system out there to try and manage the safety. Why shouldnt there be a system to manage the use and ownership of guns?

So if you wsnt to have gun ownership and gun culture like the USA. Go buy a plane ticket. Very soon. Just perhaps you wont get murdered over there.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Strangedog » 06 May 2020, 8:16 am

I've owned a few semi's over he years. They are lots of fun busting up targets, (expensive fun) but also very useful for hunting or culling applications. Most of the time I would opt for a bolt gun stalking, spotlighting and drive around shooting cause you normally only get the one or two shots shot before the animal has spooked and really you should only need one for one animal. But for the case of pigs, more often you will see a mob rather than a loan boar, and whilst I've dropped three out of a mob with a bolt gun, with my mod 94 lever gun I've shot maybe a couple more than that. I know with a semi it would up my tally even more. While hunting on bikes in open country I've come across mobs of twenty plus and I'm afraid my five shot bolt action no matter how good I am wouldn't compare to the efficiency of a semi with a high capacity mag.
Last couple of years me and my son have had a lot of fun shooting can toads with a .22. I would imagine the fun factor as well as the proficiency when taking on groups of them would rise dramatically with a 10/22.
But unfortunately my government won't trust me with those types of firearms and I have a feeling they don't like trusting me with my lever gun either. They will likely legislate against that next as do you really have a 'need' for one of those? The next thing by that logic I could see them asking what the need for more than 2 shots in a bolt action would be? To the blokes on here that are thinking it's good Canada is going down the path of Australia's laws, tell me why you 'need' more than two shots in your bolt action rifle please.
Strangedog
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Grandadbushy » 06 May 2020, 8:16 am

OB +1 :thumbsup:
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by poid » 06 May 2020, 8:18 am

The amazing thing, even in this thread, is that the politicians and media have made sure the debate is squarely on "gun control" and which guns should or should not be banned. There is almost zero talk about what the actual problems are.

In my line of work we talk about culture a lot when looking at a company and behaviours within; culture comes from the top and massively influences how people behave within a system.

The same applies to a country...the US solution to a problem is to go and shoot/bomb the problem away. Is it a surprise that there is so much gun violence, much of it connected to gangs who pick up guns to go and blast their problems away? Or that someone who has lost the plot decides to go and shoot as many people as possible, while in other countries they quietly commit suicide instead?

Is it a coincidence that a country like Switzerland has a lot less such crime when the culture there is to stay neutral, while guns are there for defence only? Or that we have a lot less gun crime than the US even though there are a lot of guns; we don't practice shooting at human targets, we don't do "tactical" drills where we all think we are special forces and we don't think we have a right to enforce our own beliefs through a scope.

Then, everywhere, you have mental illness. Someone who is mentally ill or committed to their "cause" will do whatever they will do, whether it is with a gun or car/truck or knife or bomb or whatever. You can never control every individual person's actions and you should not legislate based on the actions of an individual, but they can sure use an individual incident to stir up emotion, put fear into people and win support for ever more restrictions so they DO legislate based on the actions of one person. "Never let a crisis go to waste" - it's out in the open.

The types of guns that are or are not banned is irrelevant, it is just a way of causing division and keeping creeping towards a disarmed society. We don't turn into the US if we have semi-auto weapons; we weren't the US when we DID have semi-autos!
Last edited by poid on 06 May 2020, 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
poid
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 06 May 2020, 8:30 am

GDB - I think healthy debate is beneficial, entertaining, educational and I am not too big to have my mind changed by anyone at any time.
Times like we are in now will no doubt mean more wayward posts than normal as ppl get frustrated. I agree that pissing matches are ridiculous and non beneficial but in some ways they are inevitable given some emotional subject matter - but after All the heat has died down, we do have to remember - we are a minority that should be rowing together in the same direction.

OB...Pertinent point is that gun crime is committed by criminals - there’s a “hint” in the gun crime title...

Do you honestly think that a criminal is going to go to a back alley to buy a rifle that he(she) intends harm with and go - I’ll take the bolt action, because the semi is illegal? Gun to expensive? Well hey - instructions elsewhere in IT Re other devices if the F wit is adamant.

I have no issue with “some” hoops as Womble posted, but some of those hoops are well and truly entrenched already...

The ongoing cat calls for people to leave because they disagree with you, sarge and Bill is growing tiring. You can’t say “play the discussion point, not the man” and then repeatedly say - if you don’t like it F off. That’s just immaturity at its finest.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 06 May 2020, 8:32 am

Well assault rifle=war rifle lets talk about history

A 303 was the standard Army rifle till about ww2 and was replaced with the select fire rifles. or we can loosely call then semi auto. Because the rate of fire was much higher. So in other words army brass decided they prefer spray and pray. It wasn't because they were more accurate..but simply put more scary and devastating to be sitting a few hundred rounds per minute per soldier.

Pretty much all armies and maltita use semi auto or full auto rifles now a days.. mainly because the rate of fire and killing ability. And the fact they are easier to shoot for the simple soldier who is trying to multi task.

Where accuracy is needed like a sniper... they still use a bolt action.

Now where did the ar15 come from...armalite corp that made semi auto/select fire rifles wanted profit so they rebadged their military rifle for civilian use.

What does that mean... in the wrong hands its easier to kill more people with a semi auto than a bolt rifle.

Hey look a truck and a car both can kill people... but licensing for trucks had always been different and always have more expenses and more rules and regulations.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Farmerpete » 06 May 2020, 9:49 am

The problem I have with categorisation of firearms is simple : if I have to jump through the hoops to prove I'm a fit and proper person in other words I won't use my guns to hurt people, why am I then only limited to primitive technology.
If you're going to limit the tools at my disposal then I shouldn't have to jump through the hoops

Why not either remove the hoops (which no one wants) or remove the categories seeing as there's no risk because we're all fit and proper people.

The categorisation of firearms is nothing more than a cover your ads exercise in case police fail at their jobs the problem with this is it makes me work harder just so they can slack off
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 06 May 2020, 9:54 am

Amen FP!!!

Bill - red herrings? Hell - I’m not throwing red herrings, I’m predicting the future!!! I posted twice do you couldn’t miss it and you missed it so I’ll ask again just for you ? What has historical ownership got to do with future Want / need of ownership? You made such a big deal out of it and challenged me - so answer the question?
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Ziege » 06 May 2020, 10:04 am

Precisely FP, if I am a licensed firearm owner, it shouldn't matter what/how many guns I have, what calibre they are or what fire rate they have, it makes no difference to anyone else at all. Given that they would be MY firearms and I can only effectively use One at a time, it really is a completely moot point whether I have 1 or 100 firearms.

If someone is so dangerous that they can't own a firearm, then my question to the authorities is why the hell are they on the street still?
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms related media and politics