Win for National Shooting Council

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Win for National Shooting Council

Post by AussieCapitalist » 11 May 2020, 10:08 pm

Good day was had in the legal battle for the gun shops in Victoria. The police tried to get the case thrown out but the decision to commence proceedings has been given. Tomorrow is the case over in WA. Please read, share and make monetary donations to the cause. Even if the shops reopen the battle is not over because if they did it once they will do it again and they must be held to account for their actions. The only thing to do to protect our sport is to fight and not bow down(politically speaking). The fight does not end when the shops reopen as is the case in WA, it only just begins.

Thank You

https://nationalshooting.org.au/blog/f/ ... good-start
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Re: Win for National Shooting Council

Post by marksman » 11 May 2020, 10:27 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by JimmyS » 11 May 2020, 10:59 pm

Very impressive.
I've made my donation to the NSC, I think we'd all be doing every hunter and sports shooter a favour by kicking in just a little something.

Very interested to see how this turns out.
JimmyS
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 11 May 2020, 11:28 pm

A new member and new donater here - this is something all shooters should be behind but sadly...I know that won’t be the case... :friends: :drinks:
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by simmo » 12 May 2020, 12:27 am

I’ve joined and donated a couple of times.
Get on board and a contributed to an organisation making a difference.
simmo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by snag » 12 May 2020, 6:27 pm

If every forum member threw in the cost of one box of ammo that they haven't been able to shoot in the last month, it would greatly assist the on-going battle to protect our sport. I'm chucking in the cost of the bottle of powder that I would have used.
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but personally I prefer the .30/30 Winchester.
snag
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 12 May 2020, 7:28 pm

Thanks everyone, we all need this. The gun shops reopening is not going to stop the legal fights The government have shown what they can do and as we all know past performance is indictive of future performance, so they will try this again if they get away with it. To protect our pastime we all must give and do what we can and share this with our friends and family and get them to donate as well. Legal challenges are the only way forward for firearm law reform in this country from now on. By the time my son is an adult(he does not exist yet) 50cal self loading rifles will be legal in QLD and PTA will be scraped. Positive mindset lads. :welcome:

Please remember your next state election and help to make these thugs loose their jobs. I left a message with my local rep today and am setting up another meeting to voice my community concerns.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 12 May 2020, 9:23 pm

I might not agree with everything you say or do AC - but kudos + for actually doing something tangible other than ranting on a forum. Good on ya :thumbsup: :drinks:
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by AussieCapitalist » 12 May 2020, 9:32 pm

My life motto is "moderation is for pussies" mate. Whatever I do in life I always go balls deep. Maybe they call it ADD or hyper activity or something these days.

We are all in this together so we must find common ground for this uphill fight. We can argue amongst ourselves at a later point about fine details but the main thing is that we unify in holding the government to account and get a little bit of boot off our necks.

Australian firearm owners are like the Germans at H Hour D Day during the battle of Normandy. We are looking out at the thousands of ships coming towards us and thousands of planes flying overhead and we are thinking F this, but we need to hold the line against the political onslaught.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by trekin » 13 May 2020, 6:00 am

AussieCapitalist wrote:My life motto is "moderation is for pussies" mate. Whatever I do in life I always go balls deep. Maybe they call it ADD or hyper activity or something these days.

We are all in this together so we must find common ground for this uphill fight. We can argue amongst ourselves at a later point about fine details but the main thing is that we unify in holding the government to account and get a little bit of boot off our necks.

Australian firearm owners are like the Germans at H Hour D Day during the battle of Normandy. We are looking out at the thousands of ships coming towards us and thousands of planes flying overhead and we are thinking F this, but we need to hold the line against the political onslaught.

My history may be a little rusty, but didn't the Germans lose that particular battle, and the war, and the war before that?
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 13 May 2020, 7:49 am

I think his concept of reality and preception of outcomes is a little hazy.... not the first time he's done this.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by AussieCapitalist » 13 May 2020, 9:21 am

Its a light-hearted metaphor lads not a history lesson. Whilst the odds are against us we should not let our will fade.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Bugman » 13 May 2020, 1:05 pm

Good temporary result. Let's hope it goes a lot further, successfully.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 13 May 2020, 6:02 pm

Great that NSC is having a crack and doing well.
I recently joined the Shooters Union, and glad they have supported NSC.

But sorry to be old and cynical, where are the names and faces that are the NSC? And Shooters Union for that matter. They do appear to be very secretive. Just a blurp in "about us" on their web site.

Don't get me wrong, great to see a win. Certainly beats the piss week SSAA.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by AussieCapitalist » 14 May 2020, 7:55 am

A lot of the names and faces are kept secret for political and safety reasons. There are connections to the big 3 letter group in a certain gun loving country.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Bill » 14 May 2020, 8:25 am

I hope your not inferring to the corrupt NRA AC ?

They have a history of poor governance and I would hate to see a secretive conflicted org take root down under.
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by AussieCapitalist » 14 May 2020, 8:30 am

I am not inferring anything. The certain gun loving country has a lot of 3 letter organisations. Who ever has money and is pushing for Australian gun rights has my vote Billy. Even if satan himself was providing funding I would be supportive. I want their money and their political connections to help the Australian people, I don't care about their moral character.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 14 May 2020, 8:47 am

Bill wrote:I hope your not inferring to the corrupt NRA AC ?

They have a history of poor governance and I would hate to see a secretive conflicted org take root down under.

As opposed to the clean cut political parties in Aust...I’d hate to see a secretive conflicted bAck door party gain influence down here...oh wait. Awesome post bill. Very insightful. :sarcasm:
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Bill » 14 May 2020, 1:11 pm

I'm all for a united Political voice AC I just don't see the NRA business model applying well here down under. We don't have the 2A drum to beat, but go one explain how this new org will survive once Covid is over.

Whats your connection with the previously failed SFFP in QLD?

Once again quality sniping from Tassie own version of Greta, lots of hot air but little substance.

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 14 May 2020, 2:37 pm

TassieTiger wrote:

As opposed to the clean cut political parties in Aust...I’d hate to see a secretive conflicted bAck door party gain influence down here...oh wait. Awesome post bill. Very insightful. :sarcasm:

comeon why can't we all kiss and make up, we are all shooters... even though have different political ideology. From today for next 4 days (Monday 2pm Sydney time) i endeavor to not say anything bad about anyone on this forum (yes i may say bad things about trump). And hopefully we can all get along.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 14 May 2020, 2:49 pm

Bill wrote:
Once again quality sniping from Tassie own version of Greta, lots of hot air but little substance.

Come on Bill - that’s just repeatin what I’ve already said. Fact is you’ve made yet another hypocritically based statement, but can’t back up that statement with any reasoning.
What has the NRA done that one of our own local political parties has not done ? There ya go - should be easy for you to answer that one...I’m still waiting as to why not owning a semi in the past, precludes someone from having one now or in the future...but you won’t answer that - cause you can’t. It’s just more horse dung.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by TassieTiger » 14 May 2020, 3:25 pm

Sergeant Hartman wrote:
TassieTiger wrote:

comeon why can't we all kiss and make up, we are all shooters... even though have different political ideology. From today for next 4 days (Monday 2pm Sydney time) i endeavor to not say anything bad about anyone on this forum (yes i may say bad things about trump). And hopefully we can all get along.

4 days? Why 4 days ? Is that because you’ll be logged in as someone else for the next 4 days ?? :D :sarcasm:
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 14 May 2020, 4:05 pm

Lol no i can only manage one aunt and one website.... hence i didn't goto the other website lobby
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Bill » 14 May 2020, 5:29 pm

Tassie Greta some of us work full time in the private sector and lead busy lives and then we have fella's like you :lol: :lol:

Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 14 May 2020, 7:30 pm

Haha Bill - don’t come in here pretending to be a contributing member to society - your clearly not nor are you Australian and I get the irony with the name “Bill” to try and “fit” in. I’m still thinking along Italian lines...hmmm. And judt because your too docile to be able to undertake what you elude as work and use an iPhone in the same hour, makes everyone else inferior? Okay...back to...erh.
Oh and nice try on adding a name after Tassie - grade 1 stuff right there. Was not. Was too.
You still haven’t answered the questions that you generated - I know, I know, pathetic isn’t it. Go on - tttrrryyyyyy or do I need to translate to Italian?
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 14 May 2020, 8:45 pm

Lol.

I have to ask... and being deadly serious Tassie, mate are you OK?
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 15 May 2020, 6:31 am

I’m grand Ziad (bit bored but there ya go) - how you and your ole mate Italian Bill going ?
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Bill » 15 May 2020, 8:59 am

Tassie Greta for some reason I can't help but quote a famous America writer in response to your tanty this morning

You can't always get what you want !! :lol: :violin:

Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 15 May 2020, 12:11 pm

Tanty? That’s not a tanty mate - that’s just calling you Out on your horsecrap that you seem to be spreading everywhere lately. Burp.
Great song btw.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Return to Firearms related media and politics