lame stream media

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: lame stream media

Post by MJW380 » 16 May 2020, 9:57 pm

I agree with Farmerpete, average joe citizen can’t tell the difference between semi auto/assault rifle, nor does it particularly matter what type of firearm is being pointed at said citizens. Like Pete says, we need to push that they are criminals using these firearms, and try to redirect Polly/police efforts to get them out of criminals hands.
MJW380
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by SAnewb85 » 22 May 2020, 7:43 am

MJW380 wrote:I agree with Farmerpete, average joe citizen can’t tell the difference between semi auto/assault rifle, nor does it particularly matter what type of firearm is being pointed at said citizens. Like Pete says, we need to push that they are criminals using these firearms, and try to redirect Polly/police efforts to get them out of criminals hands.

Couldn't agree more!!!
It doesn't matter what a gun looks like, whether its a .22 or 50 bmg or even its rate of fire.

And its not just Joe citizen, its the police too.

At the end of the day, a gun is an imminent potential deadly threat and should be handled as follows in a criminal scenario-

See gun- tell crim to put it down/surrender peacefully- non compliance = stop public threat with extreme prejudice.

That should be SOP, no batons, no pepper spray, no tasers, no trial by social media.
SAnewb85
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by Ricochet » 22 May 2020, 9:04 am

AussieCapitalist wrote:You blokes talking about replicas has got me watching the video over and over and using my brain. Maybe it was a replica or not loaded. He cocks its when he points it up to the window when we can assume the bloke inside was watching him. Why did he do this and not cock it as he was running up to the window? If you are going to do this robbery would we not reasonably assume you would be ready to fire before you got to your target? It was a psychological move to make the store clerk think it was real and he was in imminent danger. When in reality if it was loaded all they had to do was shoot the glass door to gain access to the store.

It is not real or its unloaded I am convinced. Or maybe I am overthinking the event and it was just a bunch of crackheads who did not think that fair ahead and just went off the cuff.

He didn't cock it sooner for a few reasons. Because he is likely not a regular shooter, probably knows nothing about gun safety (not that a little middle eastern gang banger wanna-be POS would) and would probably have shot himself in the foot.
Also scare factor.. you see him cock the weapon and it implies he's ready to use it

And he didn't fire it because it's a serious offence to fire a weapon in commission of a crime and probably adds a couple of years to a jail term if he gets busted...And the noise would alert members of the public and possibly any police within earshot of what was going on.
Ricochet
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics