Australian vs US vs China

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Australian vs US vs China

Post by AussieCapitalist » 26 May 2020, 12:39 pm

wanneroo wrote:
Nothing unusual there, the Army has certain quotas it has to meet for recruitment as people leave the service every day when their contracts expire or they retire.

However the US Marine Corps is rebuilding itself to be a fast deploying island hopping warfare unit.

Years ago back around 2008 when Iraq and A-Stan were going on I asked a planner at the Pentagon about the two wars and he kinda brushed it off and said those are minor isolated wars within the boundaries of those countries, he said we are preparing for China and wargaming for it. The US military was already looking ahead a long time ago.

So the marines are going back to their roots and focusing on amphibious warfare again hey?
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 26 May 2020, 12:44 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:
Patriot wrote:Our blokes at the Nek.
That’s f@ckin bravery.
My young bloke watched the scene from the movie Gallipoli in stunned silence.

The nek was f***ed mate. Literally a perfect storm of what could go wrong will go wrong.Fair enough the blokes in the first wave and even the second. But the third and fourth literally just waiting to die as they saw what awaited them. I always think about that during the minute silence on ANZAC day. What goes through ones head when they know they will be dead in a few minutes time. It is hard to imagine because suicide attacks like that just do not happen these days.

Even old Johnny Turk was yelling out to stop the attack your gonna die you fools. I cant remember the size of the battle field but it was only something like the size of a tennis court.

Would you go over the top knowing or would you try and hammer some sense into the wads who was demanding it ?
It’s difficult becAuse - well, your fighting for the bloke next to you and you don’t want to let them down...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by AussieCapitalist » 26 May 2020, 12:57 pm

TassieTiger wrote:
Would you go over the top knowing or would you try and hammer some sense into the wads who was demanding it ?
It’s difficult becAuse - well, your fighting for the bloke next to you and you don’t want to let them down...

In situations like that I guess they find strength in each other and they just do what their told. King and country means f*** all in that situation, you are probably trying to keep it together for each other. I mean we can only guess because we were not there.

Its easy for us in 2020 to think of all these things but looking through the mindset of 1915 technology I guess it was just different in those days.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 26 May 2020, 1:01 pm

I am pissed off when there is no yellow nectarines at coles so I am so far removed from anything these guys had to go through.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 26 May 2020, 1:15 pm

TassieTiger wrote:^ - yep. We have no issues...

Spot on mate. I ordered KFC hot and spicy chicken yesterday and they gave me original chicken. My misses was pissed off and I said to her if your biggest issue is your eating the wrong chicken then you have no issues and learn some perspective. You have a belly full of chicken, a clean warm house and new cloths. You have no issue.
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times”
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_7571.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_7571.jpg (145.55 KiB) Viewed 2511 times
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 26 May 2020, 10:32 pm

Hey i am just pissed they haven't had hot n spicy KFC in vic for ages.... but oporto is pretty decent.

Re India and China it been a long standing issue... but then India has been in wars with Pakistan, Bangladesh even the Tamil tigers in Sirilanka were supported by India (not that they officially admitted it).
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 27 May 2020, 1:04 am

AussieCapitalist wrote:
So the marines are going back to their roots and focusing on amphibious warfare again hey?

Yes, they are ditching the big tanks and artillery and going to lighter equipment with a heavy use of drones.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by womble » 27 May 2020, 4:13 am

Actually India is at war with Pakistan, because theres never been a truce. They’re always fighting they just kinda limit it to Kashmir.
You can thank the British empire for that one too.
Not sure who’s currently sponsoring it, but they’re both democracies, so i guess that’s a win win for the US arms trade. I’m sure it’s returning healthy profits and we won’t run out of Indians anytime soon.
But i digress, ok so drones is good. We can pilot them from home. Nevada i think ? Clock of at 5 go home have some apple pie with mom.. Let’s go full Skynet on these gooks. Can we arm them with nukes ?
Can we have little GI joes with little mini guns hanging of them. I think that could be done. I want to see water buffalos exploding in their rice paddys , as the drones come out of the sun rise with Ride of the Valkyries blaring on loudspeakers.
Smart bombs are so advanced now we can target a water buffaloes bumhole for direct hits.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 27 May 2020, 6:35 am

Huge recruitment drive in launny as well - army chefs, army trades, army technicians and infantry...saw big sign boards on highway yesterday.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by AussieCapitalist » 27 May 2020, 7:08 am

Sergeant Hartman wrote:Hey i am just pissed they haven't had hot n spicy KFC in vic for ages.... but oporto is pretty decent.

Re India and China it been a long standing issue... but then India has been in wars with Pakistan, Bangladesh even the Tamil tigers in Sirilanka were supported by India (not that they officially admitted it).

Is hot and spicy not Australia wide? I did not know that mate. That bolas from oporto is hell good.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 27 May 2020, 1:05 pm

No the jokers put hot n spicy in hot QLD.... what's hilarious is that in gold coast atleast no resturant of any type believes in having flavor or chilli... outs like they make bland food for old people with stomach ulcers.

I quite like their chicken strips.. with chilli sauce... and the double bondi
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Blackened » 27 May 2020, 2:17 pm

This topic is turning into racist nonsense.

Locked.
Blackened

New South Wales

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics