Gun Bans coming in SA

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Gun Bans coming in SA

Post by luvmeadler » 29 May 2020, 7:08 pm

So has anyone in south oz completed this audit yet..... just like to know what sort of info their chasing as i will have to do it as soon as I'm notified...
Not keen on doing this for them as i have a suspicious mind and really wonder what the real deal is behind it all.......
luvmeadler
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 29 May 2020, 8:03 pm

While people are involved, generally there will be dark ups. I just expect it.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Sarco » 29 May 2020, 8:29 pm

Ahhhh,

No comments from SA members.

Does this mean that in SA it is considered a non-event?
Sarco
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by AussieCapitalist » 29 May 2020, 8:52 pm

Sarco wrote:Ahhhh,

No comments from SA members.

Does this mean that in SA it is considered a non-event?

They are out buying a backhoe and PVC pipe for their home renos. :sarcasm:
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Bill » 29 May 2020, 9:08 pm

I'm failing to see where this gun ban has been reported outside AC's brain?

Can someone post another media link proposing this gun ban?
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 29 May 2020, 9:33 pm

Jees AC... first you dress up and start giving story time for kids in the libraries. Now this, i agree with Bill. I think your mind is gone with the fairies... you see what i did there.

The more i read your dribble...i am starting to wonder if you really are a GCA stooge.... we have never seen any proof you have a firearms license in Australia. But we do see some jee up posts from you every hour.... like someone is going, lets have some fun and get these yokle gun hicks to support some dumb sheet ideas and laugh at them buggas.

You have rights and responsibilities in every law abiding country on the earth... even including America, you drink and drive and get caught you get jail time in the US, you don't pay your taxes, IRA comes after you like rabid dogs. Same in Australia you gotta pay taxes, you gotta do as you are told by the cops (even if it's not lawful, you can try and sure them later).

Or maybe like in America where police will nicely drop you to the ground and choke you to death for... well the color of your skin.... if you are not white.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Bill » 29 May 2020, 9:58 pm

post up your link AC ?? where is the proposed ban been mentioned outside your postings ?? I cant seem to find anything
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 29 May 2020, 11:41 pm

Mole hill.jpeg
Mole hill.jpeg (26.54 KiB) Viewed 4321 times
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Baitlayer » 30 May 2020, 11:29 am

AC I live and shoot in South Aus.I see this requirement to self audit as nothing more than a pain in the bum and little difference from the info we have to supply already.. A least if I put it into the system I will know it is correct.Don't know where you got the idea we have to supply details of scopes ,bipods etc .No reference to them in the linked article. As for the banning of weapons and/or mags.me thinks your paranoir is showing.But .Hey .what ever floats your boat!
And as for not being accepted in Qld ( my state of origin),the word is that this is part of a national scheme and other states will follow suit in the near future.But if you want to waste money and time fighting this in court,go ahead.It's your right.as for it not being legal, as someone said previously ,a stroke of the political pen will soon fix that.
Baitlayer
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by Farmerpete » 30 May 2020, 12:39 pm

I suppose the good news is if you get the list and it's wrong you now own a gun that can be sold to a bikie gang for 10 times it's value. :mrgreen:

I don't think it's a big issue it's probably a good thing that they're getting it right then they can stop blaming us for all the illegal guns out there
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 30 May 2020, 12:41 pm

Yeh, I have heard mention of states to have a more consistant approach regarding the register.

Not that I think the register is of very much use or expense warranted. I wonder what the cost is? Any one heard?

I guess of I shot some one and then left my rifle next to the body. Lol
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by AussieCapitalist » 30 May 2020, 4:30 pm

I really find the response staggering. Its almost as if forum members have been asleep for the past nearly 30 years. It is obvious what is going on seeing as past performance is a good indicator of future performance and we know what the agenda is. We need a bit more lead in the pencil and hopefully we see some more legal challenges.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 30 May 2020, 5:24 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:Ok just reading the SA laws and suck me sideways it is legal. :shock:

if this is the case, that this requirement has always been part of the act/liscencing , where's the conspiracy :unknown:

i'm all for trying to protect our rights , but the WLB are within their rights to request a audit .

a lawyer could take on the case, but i'm sure he's the only one who will win , $$$$$

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 30 May 2020, 5:28 pm

bigrich wrote:
AussieCapitalist wrote:Ok just reading the SA laws and suck me sideways it is legal. :shock:

if this is the case, that this requirement has always been part of the act/liscencing , where's the conspiracy :unknown:

i'm all for trying to protect our rights , but the WLB are within their rights to request a audit .

a lawyer could take on the case, but i'm sure he's the only one who will win , $$$$$

Tick.jpg
Tick.jpg (10.44 KiB) Viewed 4266 times
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Patriot » 30 May 2020, 6:01 pm

The agenda will continue because gun restrictions are what the majority of Australians want, it is a democracy. It is elected representatives who, work for us the tax payer, directing the public service to carry out the wishes of the majority. The majority of electors in Australia want harsh gun laws. So politicians are doing their job.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 30 May 2020, 6:47 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:I really find the response staggering. Its almost as if forum members have been asleep for the past nearly 30 years. It is obvious what is going on seeing as past performance is a good indicator of future performance and we know what the agenda is. We need a bit more lead in the pencil and hopefully we see some more legal challenges.

Mate you need to chill the French down... ohh look your shadow is a conspiracy by the sun to steal your soul :sarcasm:

Maybe all members are chilling because there is nothing there to see, abs you are freaking out over nothing
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by AussieCapitalist » 30 May 2020, 7:45 pm

Sergeant Hartman wrote:
Mate you need to chill the French down... ohh look your shadow is a conspiracy by the sun to steal your soul :sarcasm:

Maybe all members are chilling because there is nothing there to see, abs you are freaking out over nothing

You know the term "conspiracy theory" was given its negative connotations by the CIA in 1967 as way to discredit people that did not believe in the official account of the JFK hit and ever since then it is used as blanket term to look down on people that do not succumb to the official narrative.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 30 May 2020, 7:49 pm

I think this thread has done its day you can lock it admin man. The people of SA are going to get self audited and they love it. I will dig up this thread when the time comes and said I told you all so. :drinks:
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by luvmeadler » 30 May 2020, 8:06 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:I think this thread has done its day you can lock it admin man. The people of SA are going to get self audited and they love it. I will dig up this thread when the time comes and said I told you all so. :drinks:

Jeez thats a harsh comment for a south aussie to swallow..... I certainly don't love the idea of being audited but hav'nt got much of a choice if i want to keep my firearms. I dont want to be audited i just want to be left alone to enjoy my target shooting and the little bit of hunting that i do, but that just wont happen.......The way i see it the government, anti gun fools and the police will never be happy until they have totally disarmed all of us. SA is just the beginning and the rest of the country will follow.
luvmeadler
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 30 May 2020, 8:08 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:I think this thread has done its day you can lock it admin man. The people of SA are going to get self audited and they love it. I will dig up this thread when the time comes and said I told you all so. :drinks:

AC , i welcome veiws and opinions (that's what forums are for :thumbsup: ) ,different to my own as a way of getting a second opinion on my own views. things are always changing, the beurocrats are making more rules to control our lives/rights every year. it' how they justify their own jobs :roll: don't stop commenting or discussing just because others may not agree

on my 1967 valiant i had, seatbelts were optional , and rego was a voluntary thing through auto clubs back in the day . times have changed. if any forum members are concerned about preserving their rights, join a more pro-active firearms group like shooters union , or NFC . that's what i've done . less than a carton of beer for a years membership :thumbsup:

bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by marksman » 30 May 2020, 8:30 pm

bigrich wrote:
AC , i welcome veiws and opinions (that's what forums are for :thumbsup: ) ,different to my own as a way of getting a second opinion on my own views. things are always changing, the beurocrats are making more rules to control our lives/rights every year. it' how they justify their own jobs :roll: don't stop commenting or discussing just because others may not agree

on my 1967 valiant i had, seatbelts were optional , and rego was a voluntary thing through auto clubs back in the day . times have changed. if any forum members are concerned about preserving their rights, join a more pro-active firearms group like shooters union , or NFC . that's what i've done . less than a carton of beer for a years membership :thumbsup:

+1 :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by AussieCapitalist » 30 May 2020, 8:34 pm

bigrich wrote:AC , i welcome veiws and opinions (that's what forums are for :thumbsup: ) ,different to my own as a way of getting a second opinion on my own views. things are always changing, the beurocrats are making more rules to control our lives/rights every year. it' how they justify their own jobs :roll: don't stop commenting or discussing just because others may not agree

NSC are the greatest thing to happen to Aussie shooters and are the closest we have at the minute to the big bad NRA. Rumour is they are "friends" to the NSC so I hope the rumours are true. We need a rich gun lobby in this country to push for freedom. I honestly think we can scrap the PTA system, get cat C open to sport and rec users and use cat H on private property within the next 5-10 years. It is within the realm of possibilities that are not to far out there but we need these baby steps.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by womble » 31 May 2020, 9:50 am

AussieCapitalist wrote:
bigrich wrote:AC , i welcome veiws and opinions (that's what forums are for :thumbsup: ) ,different to my own as a way of getting a second opinion on my own views. things are always changing, the beurocrats are making more rules to control our lives/rights every year. it' how they justify their own jobs :roll: don't stop commenting or discussing just because others may not agree

NSC are the greatest thing to happen to Aussie shooters and are the closest we have at the minute to the big bad NRA. Rumour is they are "friends" to the NSC so I hope the rumours are true. We need a rich gun lobby in this country to push for freedom. I honestly think we can scrap the PTA system, get cat C open to sport and rec users and use cat H on private property within the next 5-10 years. It is within the realm of possibilities that are not to far out there but we need these baby steps.

I disagree.
I think any links or collaborations with organisations such as the NRA in Australian shooting clubs would fast forward the loss of our gun ownership privileges entirely.
In Australia we only use guns for hunting, land conservation and sport.
In the distant past the NRA had that patronage. But what credibility they had left in that respect was ended with their response to Sandyhook. And they’ve never recovered from it.
Today the NRA exists solely to market guns to scared people, as a means to defend themselves. In the home of the hateful and the land of the fearful.
That’s not us mate. I don’t know why you persist in preaching this diatribe to this audience. You’re either in the wrong country or on the wrong forum.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by AussieCapitalist » 31 May 2020, 10:26 am

womble wrote:I disagree.
I think any links or collaborations with organisations such as the NRA in Australian shooting clubs would fast forward the loss of our gun ownership privileges entirely.
In Australia we only use guns for hunting, land conservation and sport.
In the distant past the NRA had that patronage. But what credibility they had left in that respect was ended with their response to Sandyhook. And they’ve never recovered from it.
Today the NRA exists solely to market guns to scared people, as a means to defend themselves. In the home of the hateful and the land of the fearful.
That’s not us mate. I don’t know why you persist in preaching this diatribe to this audience. You’re either in the wrong country or on the wrong forum.

I prefer the GOA over the NRA because yes the NRA has its faults but they have money, support and are powerful. We need that kind of lobbying in Australian politics to help Australian firearm owners. I think their response to sandy hook was fine.Those kids at the school were left defenceless because the school had no armed security. A crazy person killed his mother and stole her legally obtained firearms. Another case of people obtaining their firearms illegally and causing harm to innocent defenceless people.

And in regards to Australia how does self loading actions and using handguns on private land change our use for sport or rec use? If you can own a handgun and drive it to a range then you can use it on private land as its the same thing.If people can own self loading handguns then owning self loading long arms is no different as the action is the same. I am a fit and proper law abiding person so the action I choice to use for my firearms on private property or at a range should not be such a contentious issue.

I cant roll over and die mate. I will fight politically and support causes to help Queensland shooters.I saw the pain the stealback did to lawful shooters. My uncles mate had to turn in his fathers war trophies which had more sentimental value to him than anything. That needs to be made right. I have found a true calling in life that gives me some purpose. I want to dedicate my life to helping Queensland lawful firearm owners. The creation of the great state of North Queensland would really be the first step and would put the rest of Queensland on its knees to give up some demands.

The government has been apologising for the stolen generation and one day it will apologise for the stolen guns.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 31 May 2020, 11:06 am

I think the NRA do a fantastic job at defending the rights of its members. Shooting organisations in Australia are a f@ckin disgrace they kowtow and grovel to the government and screw their members at every opportunity. I am a member of the NRA they can’t do anything for me but I like what they stand for and how they stick it up everyone. The authorities are chipping away at our privileges and will do so whether we kowtow or f#ckin stand up and fight. May as well fight. The NSC are doing good things so I signed up and if being affiliated with the NRA helps them than all good.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 31 May 2020, 11:11 am

“The creation of the great state of North Queensland would really be the first step and would put the rest of Queensland on its knees to give up some demands.”

I spent 10 years in NQ from 93 onwards, and this ridiculous attitude does prevail up there. I found a lot the people to a have a massive chip on their shoulder and a lot held the view they were owed something simply because the live north of Rocky.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 31 May 2020, 11:13 am

You know who else is good and a model for Australia is GOSA. Gun Owners of South Africa. Every single time the government tries to bring in laws GOSA automatically sue them. It has gotten to the point the government has gone back in their box because they are sick of the legal battles and GOSA has gotten some good reform for South African firearm owners. South Africa like Australia does not have the 2nd Amendment our American friends have but they are proof that big lobbying can be achieved through political power. Australians needs a dose of Cialis and Viagra to get some lead in their pencil and be more politically active to F stuff up.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 31 May 2020, 11:16 am

Patriot wrote:“The creation of the great state of North Queensland would really be the first step and would put the rest of Queensland on its knees to give up some demands.”

I spent 10 years in NQ from 93 onwards, and this ridiculous attitude does prevail up there. I found a lot the people to a have a massive chip on their shoulder and a lot held the view they were owed something simply because the live north of Rocky.

People up north just want to be left alone to live their life mate. They are sick of paying taxes to the state capitol 1500km away and being dictated to by inner city elites who have never been up north and who have never lived on the land. We pay taxes just like everybody else does yet all the money goes to Brisbane and bugger all gets spent up here. Our roads are a disgrace yet Brisbane gets tunnels and highways.

A lot of money is made in north and west Queensland yet the elites in Brisbane take all the tax revenue. That is not right. Their needs to be tax overhaul where the money stays in the region. People are annoyed for a valid reason mate. North Queensland is for the most part a different mindset than Brisbane. Just let us live our life and dont tread on us.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 31 May 2020, 11:30 am

Mate the the majority of people in NQ do not live on the land. Most people live in Townsville, Cairns and Mackay and live the same life as people in Brisbane. Most people in Brisbane are not inner city elites they are working people just like the folk from NQ. Aussie I’m not attacking you, but this poor us crap from North Queenslanders really grinds my gears and it’s rubbish.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by glenn777 » 31 May 2020, 11:40 am

Aussies are too apathetic by nature and the continual sucking off of the SSAA will keep us from ever gaining back any gun rights what so ever. SSAA will fight for our right to have single shot 22s to shoot paper at 50yrds when the time comes that they decide to ban all repeating actions.

What is there 2mil gun owners in Aus? A lobbying group with some balls like the NRA would achieve far more even if they copped as much hate and flack as our US counterparts.
glenn777
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms related media and politics