Politican joins the NSC

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Politican joins the NSC

Post by AussieCapitalist » 01 Jun 2020, 10:10 am

The speaker of the NT Parliament an independent has just joined the NSC. This is good news and a good start to our political movement.

The NSC are arranging some future meetings with politicians throughout the country to talk about NFA reform to help the economy and to increase our sport instead of killing it. . WA is going to be a battleground(politically)heading into its election in March. Robin Scott One Nation from WA (not the Robin Scott communist from Victoria) is looking like a key friend of the movement as well as that lib dem politician. Things are looking good guys. The battle is going to be big but giving up is not an option. The SSAA and Shooters Union are doing nothing to help Australian shooters. NSC have a set of balls and are actually being proactive instead of just taking your money and using you as an Automated Teller Machine. The only thing that matters for Australian shooters is political activity.

https://nationalshooting.org.au/blog/f/ ... -395679346
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Re: Politican joins the NSC

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 01 Jun 2020, 11:18 am

Damn so when shooters unions starred they were saying how ssaa were not doing anything... now ncs saying SU not doing anything... next month NFA will start up and say that NSC, SU, SSAA is not doing anything.

Who next
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Patriot » 01 Jun 2020, 12:48 pm

Sergeant Hartman wrote:Damn so when shooters unions starred they were saying how ssaa were not doing anything... now ncs saying SU not doing anything... next month NFA will start up and say that NSC, SU, SSAA is not doing anything.

Who next

Ridiculous comment.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 01 Jun 2020, 12:58 pm

Why cuz it's true in the first part and that you don't agree with my question/opinion? Or
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Rwd22 » 03 Jun 2020, 10:56 am

It'd be great if all these organisations could work together and not just point the finger at each other, we're all in this for the same thing.
Rwd22
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by marksman » 03 Jun 2020, 11:42 am

Rwd22 wrote:It'd be great if all these organisations could work together and not just point the finger at each other, we're all in this for the same thing.

l've been hearing that one for years

how to do it is the hard part,
one way would be to get rid of using the club membership as a reason for genuine need to hold a firearm licence
then members would become members because they want to be a part of that club not because they have to
l'm sure there would be a different outlook by the clubs towards what effects us then
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 03 Jun 2020, 11:46 am

This is good news AC .

The negative comments and views don’t help the situation ziad, get on board mate
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Rwd22 » 03 Jun 2020, 1:10 pm

marksman wrote:
Rwd22 wrote:It'd be great if all these organisations could work together and not just point the finger at each other, we're all in this for the same thing.

l've been hearing that one for years

how to do it is the hard part,
one way would be to get rid of using the club membership as a reason for genuine need to hold a firearm licence
then members would become members because they want to be a part of that club not because they have to
l'm sure there would be a different outlook by the clubs towards what effects us then

On the over-all it is the easiest and most clean cut train of thought, easy to implement, not so much, as you mentioned.

But there seems to be this constant battle between the organisations on who's doing what and who isn't, backed by members of each organisation who continue the spread of the same tactics on finger pointing. I don't have an off the top of my head solution for creating a streamlined and united heading, but creating wider divide between the organisations and LAFO community just seems like the most arse about face solution ever.

Put your money into whichever organisation you believe in or benefits you the most, but making ill-informed claims of organisations doing nothing is tiring, sounds like the whole Australian Political system all over again, spend more time pointing fingers at the opposition instead of actually pulling that finger out and putting it to good use.
Rwd22
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 03 Jun 2020, 1:18 pm

Divided we fall.

I give SSAA a lot of s**t because I am just disappointed in their behaviour. If they can clean house and start being focused on firearm owners and not just making money from membership and range fees I will be a lot more positive with them. The NSC seems to be doing more than all other organisations at the moment so they have my praise. Their membership numbers are exploding as people are yearning for an organisation to represent their needs as a shooter.

Just think what the NSC have done in such a small time. If we keep up this pace we can have real reform within 5 years.

Forget about protecting what we have lets take back what we lost. Something. Anything. Even if we can only get to use handguns on private land, scrap the registry/PTA system, scrap appearance laws and get suppressors. It is better than getting nothing at all. i have stated before what my end goal is but that is a battle for another day. Lets just get one little bit of reform under our belts. Even allowing all class C firearms for club use only like with handguns.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 03 Jun 2020, 5:44 pm

Sergeant Hartman wrote:Damn so when shooters unions starred they were saying how ssaa were not doing anything... now ncs saying SU not doing anything... next month NFA will start up and say that NSC, SU, SSAA is not doing anything.

Who next
Attachments
Tick.jpg
Tick.jpg (10.44 KiB) Viewed 5225 times
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 03 Jun 2020, 6:33 pm

Oldbloke wrote:

Who next

You do realise NSC just argued successfully against The application of appearance laws pertaining to a particular 12g firearm?
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by SCJ429 » 03 Jun 2020, 7:35 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:Divided we fall.

I give SSAA a lot of s**t because I am just disappointed in their behaviour. If they can clean house and start being focused on firearm owners and not just making money from membership and range fees I will be a lot more positive with them. The NSC seems to be doing more than all other organisations at the moment so they have my praise. Their membership numbers are exploding as people are yearning for an organisation to represent their needs as a shooter.

Just think what the NSC have done in such a small time. If we keep up this pace we can have real reform within 5 years.

What behaviour of the SSAA have disappointed you?

Do you have any affiliation with the NSC?
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by snag » 03 Jun 2020, 8:23 pm

Political influence (and therefore lobbying power) is strictly a numbers game and the shooting community just does not have a big enough presence to force any changes in attitude amongst our elected officials. The SSAA is our biggest shopfront and therefore gets a seat at the table occasionally, but bear in mind that they are only representing 196,000 members. Given that the 2020 electoral roll contains 16,540,849 eligible voters, that's not a big stick to swing in a fight. So, yes, as has been said previously all these disparate organisations need to put on their big-boy pants and start working together to protect and enhance their member's rights and privileges.

It has become imperative that the executives of each and every firearms related organisation climb out of their ivory towers and work together to form a council of interest. We need them to present a united front and a combined alliance of eligible voting members to push the vote-seeking parliamentarians into allowing the LAFO some unbiased consideration.

I am a financial member of most of the shooting organisations operating and have been for many years. I really encourage all firearms enthusiasts put a bit of money where their mouth is to protect our interests because the future is not looking positive. BUT, I want to see some bang for my buck too.
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but personally I prefer the .30/30 Winchester.
snag
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 03 Jun 2020, 9:46 pm

You do realise NSC just argued successfully against The application of appearance laws pertaining to a particular 12g firearm?

Do you actually read what i type... ok i am going to simplify it for you... hopefully i can do a better job than my first attempt

So there is ssaa, SU, SIFA, Shooters and Fishery party and now NSC. i have been on this forum for a little bit. I have noticed most people here don't like SSAA. fair enough.

All these people love the ADA initially, But then last year most of you were singing praise for Shooters party, then they seem to be forgotten, and some people started singing praises of SU. Then those same people dropped SU and starting singing praises of NSC.

you see my logic? All i said was what's next, in 2 months ABC something will start up and all you minions will start singing praises for ABC.

And as snag said, why can't we just have some unity and a united voice and united direction.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 03 Jun 2020, 9:57 pm

I hear you Sarge - but then what? Do nothing? Or get behind someone? Or sit on our hands and watch existing but timid firearm pillars erode?...God, I’m starting to sound like AC LOL.
I have no affiliation and I’m not quiet about being disgusted by SSAA business model and their support for QLD shops being closed.
To the best of my knowledge - the NSC has made progress and IS filing legal complaints regularly on behalf of shooters - that costs money and as AC has posted - IS achieving results...yes - another bus may drive along at any time, but by doing nothing - you inadvertently become part of the problem. Cant put it any Fairer?
And - in fact, I was responding to OB - but his quoted “agreement tick” with you, did not carry over in quotation.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by AussieCapitalist » 03 Jun 2020, 10:26 pm

When things were rough just now IE all the gun shop closures who was the only dog in the fight suing the government? Whilst other groups posted words on their facebook pages the NSC were the only ones doing anything about it. I have no affiliation with the NSC but they were there when we the people needed them the most. I hate SSAA but if they started suing the government tomorrow and getting some good early results I would be sucking them dry like a Thai hooker.

Any group that showed their true colours in our time of need is worthy of support and respect. The NSC will always be remembered as standing up during the gun shop bans whilst the other groups did NOTHING. A new group could come out tomorrow and if they get results and reform I will support them too.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 03 Jun 2020, 10:30 pm

TassieTiger wrote:I hear you Sarge - but then what? Do nothing? Or get behind someone? Or sit on our hands and watch existing but timid firearm pillars erode?...God, I’m starting to sound like AC LOL.
I have no affiliation and I’m not quiet about being disgusted by SSAA business model and their support for QLD shops being closed.
To the best of my knowledge - the NSC has made progress and IS filing legal complaints regularly on behalf of shooters - that costs money and as AC has posted - IS achieving results...yes - another bus may drive along at any time, but by doing nothing - you inadvertently become part of the problem. Cant put it any Fairer?
And - in fact, I was responding to OB - but his quoted “agreement tick” with you, did not carry over in quotation.

We didn't choose the life mate the life chose us. :drinks:
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 04 Jun 2020, 3:58 am

^ lol,
Another eye opener for me was when Marksman posted up the plight of that 365 precision training - that were being closed by what amounted to insanely over zealous officers. SSAA were happy to send several staff their to do an initial story, but did NOTHING to support them when being pressured to close down...in fact, it was Bill and others on here that said - well, they must have broken the law or are not meeting obligations so too bad...then it came out, they have 100% complied and had broken no laws - court case scared away the officers. That go fund me page raised $50k for legal representation - it shouldn’t have to come to thAt...in my opinion, SSAA should have stepped in and ran a fact finding spread and helped...nope. From what I e seen so far of NSC - they would have helped...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by marksman » 04 Jun 2020, 10:27 am

l'm about to go shooting so l do not have a lot of time to get into this but you are dead right Tassie
the clubs look after there little niche and thats how we are controlled
since the steal back ssaa has grown hugely but just before were about to be bankrupted they still toe the line and scratch backs, l know this 100%
the NSC is actually doing something and others should be looking at how the people are seeing the results because even if you dont like them you like what they do
and there seems to be a trend when shooters push back the charges disappear, l dont do face ache but this go-fund me thing has worked out good for us
there are a heap of charges that have been laid against good people who have taken the plea because they could not fight a legal battle that they would not have if they were offered the cost of legal fees, have a good look through the sporting shooter mag, legal section and you will see what l am talking about
marcus o'dean and his crew are doing a good job for all shooters :thumbsup:

my opinion from my experiences anyhoo :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by AussieCapitalist » 07 Jun 2020, 5:14 pm

Another one bites the dust and joins the NSC. This time a Victorian Tim Quilty.

"As we have previously stated, the NSC has a National Election Strategy which will support the election of candidates who support the shooting sports. The NSC will support MPs who back the shooting sports."

https://nationalshooting.org.au/blog/f/“dodgy-firearm-ban”-prompts-2nd-mp-to-join-the-nsc
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by simmo » 08 Jun 2020, 8:01 am

When NSC went for legal action against labour State governments store closures and their actions to demand answers from VICPOL over some other matters (C-More M26 appearance rubbish) they proved they were willing to do something meaningful. I’m now A financial member And I even donate $20 a month.

As far as the SSAA goes, they have the ranges and for those of us without access to property this is why we join them. some clubs/state associations are better than others. The NSW SSAA seems to be better than most and the have taken on the work to oppose stupid legislation and the antics of the NSWPOL FAR in the past. Even SSAA WA steps up occasionally.

The reality is we need to get involved in the SSAA and begin working within to change it. Demand as members they support shooters (SSAA affiliated president not) in their fights with idiotic decisions. If you’re a financial Member than you can vote in state SSAA boards and get involved.
simmo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by AussieCapitalist » 08 Jun 2020, 8:35 am

Cheers for the support mate and everyone else who have joined. We are all in this together and need to make a conscious decision to be more politically active to get more political power to protect our sport.

Lets hope the NSC make the SSAA pull their head in and realise they need to do more to help the interests of their members and Australian shooters.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by trekin » 23 Jun 2020, 6:29 am

Maybe not the best look for the NSC.
https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6166240071001
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 23 Jun 2020, 6:56 am

I am not worried mate. A politician being involved in corrupt conduct is as sure as the sun going down today.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by trekin » 23 Jun 2020, 7:36 am

AussieCapitalist wrote:I am not worried mate. A politician being involved in corrupt conduct is as sure as the sun going down today.

Yeah, doesn't worry me either, but only because they haven't convinced me that they are any better than any of the other so called lobby groups out there. But I'll guarantee there will be a whole list of people worried about the connection between a corrupt pollie and a shooters lobby, starting with the media.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 23 Jun 2020, 7:48 am

Somewhat luckily, it Might be backpage news given the high court judge fiasco...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Bill » 23 Jun 2020, 8:24 am

what an own goal, NT Poiticians are a self interest breed with a very short half life.
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Peter988 » 23 Jun 2020, 8:50 am

Well this post has served one purpose. It alerted me to the work of NSC. I just joined.
Peter988
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 23 Jun 2020, 9:03 am

trekin wrote:Yeah, doesn't worry me either, but only because they haven't convinced me that they are any better than any of the other so called lobby groups out there. But I'll guarantee there will be a whole list of people worried about the connection between a corrupt pollie and a shooters lobby, starting with the media.

Mate the NSC have court cases in Vic, QLD and WA. When the shops were being closed the other organisations were making posts on the internet whilst the NSC were actually making ground to sue the government. The Vic police were trying to ban the M26 shotgun but NSC lobbying has put a stop to that.

The NSC will always be remembered as the group who stood up when stuff mattered during the gun shop closure tyranny. The NSC states on it Facebook page that it is a political organisation.
Attachments
NSC.PNG
NSC.PNG (53.89 KiB) Viewed 4976 times
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by simmo » 30 Jun 2020, 10:55 pm

The NSC is currently taking action against the f*** sticks at WAPOL for another demented and arbitrary reclassification of CAT A/B/H. firearms.

Everyone reading this needs to join these guys and support them.
simmo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Firearms related media and politics