NSC fights Victorian Cmore M26 ban.

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

NSC fights Victorian Cmore M26 ban.

Post by AussieCapitalist » 03 Jun 2020, 8:30 am

Its looking like Victorian police have gone quiet over their earlier stance on planning to change the Cmore from cat A to Cat D.

The argument is the M26 does not substantially duplicate a military firearm so there is factual errors in VicPols argument. See what a little bit of lobbying pressure and legal challenges does guys? Imagine what could happen if the bigger SSAA and Shooters Union got politically involved? I hate politics as much as the next guy but we need to live politics 24/7 to protect our sport and get some much needed reform. Please support these guys. Even if they crash and burn doing something is better than nothing.

Thank you all.

https://nationalshooting.org.au/blog/f/ ... -new-fight
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Re: NSC fights Victorian Cmore M26 ban.

Post by MJW380 » 03 Jun 2020, 10:27 am

Looks horrifically overpriced
MJW380
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by AussieCapitalist » 03 Jun 2020, 10:40 am

For sure mate. They were $3500 before the China virus so now they are probably over $4000. Made in America so their build is better than the Turkish bolt actions. They are not my thing at all but regardless if people want one then they should be able to get them. It is only a bolt action 12 Guage, the same as an Adler.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by simmo » 03 Jun 2020, 10:43 am

Everyone really does need to joint he NSC. They are undertaking visible and tangible action n everyone’s behalf.
simmo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by AussieCapitalist » 03 Jun 2020, 10:58 am

Exactly mate. This movement is bigger than all of us. Our bickering needs to be put aside and we need to hold the line via a united front.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 03 Jun 2020, 11:02 am

This is good news!
I’m surprised at the Tas decision- especially when so many other mundane firearms have been banned on same laws...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by AussieCapitalist » 03 Jun 2020, 11:09 am

Yeah Tas. I seen you post about looking into buying one. Maybe you can get your chance soon mate. Hopefully they can overturn other appearance bans or even scrap the whole appearance law altogether. The sky is the limit when we work together.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by marksman » 03 Jun 2020, 11:45 am

simmo wrote:Everyone really does need to joint he NSC. They are undertaking visible and tangible action n everyone’s behalf.

+1 :drinks:

and good news AC thanks for posting it up :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Stix » 03 Jun 2020, 4:33 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:Yeah Tas. I seen you post about looking into buying one. Maybe you can get your chance soon mate. Hopefully they can overturn other appearance bans or even scrap the whole appearance law altogether. The sky is the limit when we work together.

I think the best way to combat appearance laws would be to incarcerate everyone who owns or commutes in a black car, & who has a tattoo/s...

According to Hollywood folk law, nasty people jump out of black cars & kidnap innocent people after shooting up busy public areas with sub-machine guns, & naturally, anyone with a tattoo must be connected to violent criminal networks of some sort...

Do this & stupid people might get the real idea about & behind firearms appearance laws...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 03 Jun 2020, 4:41 pm

Says a lot about some ppl who have obviously viewed this thread but passed on leaving a comment...and that highlights why we are where we are in regards to firearm laws...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by SCJ429 » 03 Jun 2020, 8:00 pm

Perhaps they show their support in other more meaningful ways Tassie and don't feel that making a comment on this thread makes any difference.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 03 Jun 2020, 8:21 pm

I’m Yet to see it...just once SC...Just once would be good...feel free to direct me to a link where I have missed outspoken support of our community ?
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by SCJ429 » 03 Jun 2020, 8:54 pm

Many shooters have gone to court to challenge the rulings of Firearms Register and been supported by shooting advocacy groups and clubs. I have made donations to cover court costs which many other shooters have also done.

https://ssaa.org.au/news-resources/poli ... rance-laws

https://shootersunion.com.au/canberra-g ... guns-shut/
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 03 Jun 2020, 9:35 pm

Fracking he'll, the 2nd article is exactly what i have been saying... absurd illogical rules are applied willy nilly without any real evidence based evidences about them... just emotional.

I would 100% support anyone who fights for this type of stuff sjc
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 03 Jun 2020, 10:10 pm

SCJ429 wrote:Many shooters have gone to court to challenge the rulings of Firearms Register and been supported by shooting advocacy groups and clubs. I have made donations to cover court costs which many other shooters have also done.

https://ssaa.org.au/news-resources/poli ... rance-laws

https://shootersunion.com.au/canberra-g ... guns-shut/

Those links are stories only - where are the actual results? Where are the comments from ppl supporting those organisations that are achieving real world - not just stories - results?
The SSAA have been harping On the “side” about appearance laws for as long as I can recall - hell, they ducked like a turtle when the Adler was released...They are NOT representative of shooters rights, they are a business that does not want to upset the Apple cart.
As I’ve posted elsewhere - the real world offerings that have been sent down by the NSC, is awash within this forum with negative commentary about apparent “sullen” NSC members, hidden agendas, other bulldust - this, by active firearm using members who want fair laws ? - when the NSC are evidently achieving something Very real and very tangible, various support turns into...well in some cases, disdain ? - I don’t get it...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by AussieCapitalist » 03 Jun 2020, 10:34 pm

We can only lead the mule to water tassy. Let them decide if they want to drink or not.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by glenn777 » 04 Jun 2020, 11:33 am

From everything I've seen so far I'll gladly join the NSC.
glenn777
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by ozzielee303 » 04 Jun 2020, 9:02 pm

A lot of good arguments for being all of the same mind for the good of our sport,that is why I have decided to join the NSC,just done it.
Cheers
ozzielee303
"I'll tell you what rule we applied sir,We applied rule 3-0-3, We caught them and we shot them, under rule 3-0-3." :Lt Harry " Breaker" Morant at his court martial in January 1902.
ozzielee303
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Farmerpete » 05 Jun 2020, 6:08 am

AussieCapitalist wrote:We can only lead the mule to water tassy. Let them decide if they want to drink or not.

My dad taught me a trick with two bricks to get them to drink
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by ozzielee303 » 05 Jun 2020, 11:23 am

Farmerpete wrote:
AussieCapitalist wrote:We can only lead the mule to water tassy. Let them decide if they want to drink or not.

Ouch!!! :D
Cheers
ozzielee303
"I'll tell you what rule we applied sir,We applied rule 3-0-3, We caught them and we shot them, under rule 3-0-3." :Lt Harry " Breaker" Morant at his court martial in January 1902.
ozzielee303
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Farmerpete » 05 Jun 2020, 1:24 pm

ozzielee303 wrote:
Farmerpete wrote:

Ouch!!! :D

Only if you catch your fingers :lol:
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Firearms related media and politics