"WEPN" license plate cancelled

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

"WEPN" license plate cancelled

Post by AussieCapitalist » 19 Jun 2020, 8:57 am

Old mate in Victoria has had his plates "WEPN" cancelled by vicroads after 10 years of ownership due to being of an offensive nature because they reference violence(apparently). The old saying goes "love it or leave it" and I am finding myself struggling to love it anymore.

https://7news.com.au/travel/victoria-tr ... -c-1111087
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Re: Words hurt

Post by Blr243 » 19 Jun 2020, 9:13 am

Some trucks have stickers on the sides of the cabin sort of like a little silhouette of the female form ....perhaps some day they will be banned too. Maybe an older lady might remember that’s how she looked a long while ago .......and in the bush sometimes we will see a cruiser fully loaded with pig and roo carcasses on the way to the chiller. Perhaps it’s a good thing they deliver mostly early morning.....we can’t have city folk finding out what’s in their tins of dog food
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 19 Jun 2020, 10:12 am

AC - Ive disagreed with you in previous posts but this censorship of personal expression is way out of line. OK if its F&%$K or something actually offensive.

What next? My brother in law was a "gun" shearer in his youth. Obviously nobody thought it was offensive.
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 19 Jun 2020, 10:28 am

Where / how does it stop...
If you turned around and said you were offended that you could not do 50kmh in a 40 zone - you’d be shot to pieces...but a cartoon from the 60’s with a bent barreled gun? A WEPN no plate...I’m getting tired.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Blr243 » 19 Jun 2020, 10:46 am

Maybe on every street corner, or strategically placed in shopping centres or likewise we could have powdered cement dispensers so people could help themselves if the need arose
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 19 Jun 2020, 12:35 pm

This is what happens when the public service becomes Flooded with soy boys and losers. This is why I hate the idea of an over inflated public service who think they can tell everyone what to do. Vicroads can nearly be a sole automated industry. It does not need to employee people that serve no purpose.

If you are not working for a private business and you work as a public servant than you are a burden to the tax payer who is probably doing more harm than good and your job is irrelevant in the scheme of things.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 19 Jun 2020, 1:59 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:This is what happens when the public service becomes Flooded with soy boys and losers. This is why I hate the idea of an over inflated public service who think they can tell everyone what to do. Vicroads can nearly be a sole automated industry. It does not need to employee people that serve no purpose.

If you are not working for a private business and you work as a public servant than you are a burden to the tax payer who is probably doing more harm than good and your job is irrelevant in the scheme of things.

This is what happens when citizens don’t not take their responsibilities in a democracy seriously. Australians with piss poor she’ll be right attitudes have allowed these people to take control of our parliaments and public service.

Citizens are to blame not the public service.

By the way there are plenty of f@ckin oxygen thieves in the private sector mate.
Last edited by Patriot on 19 Jun 2020, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 19 Jun 2020, 2:12 pm

:thumbsup: ^ well said...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Harrynsw » 19 Jun 2020, 2:13 pm

It's only the beginning folks, hold on to your hats.
Harrynsw
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by AussieCapitalist » 19 Jun 2020, 2:20 pm

Patriot wrote:
This is what happens when citizens don’t not take their responsibilities in a democracy seriously. Australians with piss poor she’ll be right attitudes have aloud these people to take control of our parliaments and public service.

By the way there are plenty of f@ckin oxygen thieves in the private sector mate.

Private sector workers are only accountable to the owner so they can do whatever they like. I have always said Australians are the least politically active people on the planet. The French riot every other day.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 19 Jun 2020, 2:43 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:
Patriot wrote:
This is what happens when citizens don’t not take their responsibilities in a democracy seriously. Australians with piss poor she’ll be right attitudes have aloud these people to take control of our parliaments and public service.

Private sector workers are only accountable to the owner so they can do whatever they like. I have always said Australians are the least politically active people on the planet. The French riot every other day.

Any organisation that gets too large to be directly managed - ie govt depts, Telstra, IBM, etc - Has it’s share of O thieves...I’ve worked in both...good and bad in both.

Our forefathers would be turning in their graves...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Oldbloke » 19 Jun 2020, 3:34 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:Old mate in Victoria has had his plates "WEPN" cancelled by vicroads after 10 years of ownership due to being of an offensive nature because they reference violence(apparently). The old saying goes "love it or leave it" and I am finding myself struggling to love it anymore.

In this case we agree. It's just BS. Not even spelt right.
Attachments
bullshit-detector.gif
bullshit-detector.gif (53.01 KiB) Viewed 5345 times
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 19 Jun 2020, 3:37 pm

We need a good old fashioned revolution. Off with their heads.

guillotine-smiley-emoticon.gif
guillotine-smiley-emoticon.gif (12.25 KiB) Viewed 5343 times
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 19 Jun 2020, 3:41 pm

Id like to know - how are the letters WEPN offensive ?
Maybe his dog died during the car build ? Maybe he’s had depression and the car build helped him ?
Regardless of the registrar reserving said rights to cancel plates at any time - Who / why / how - is WEPN offensive?
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by bigrich » 19 Jun 2020, 3:42 pm

"vive le revolution" and if that don't work , use the line from "the caslte" , "tell them to go get stuffed ...."
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Stix » 19 Jun 2020, 3:50 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:Old mate in Victoria has had his plates "WEPN" cancelled by vicroads after 10 years of ownership due to being of an offensive nature because they reference violence(apparently).

This is just an example of what happens every day, in one way shape or form...Not just throughout every level of Govt's, but also in the private sector...!!

Its just an uneducated left wing bully being allowed & empowered to persecute whom they like...its just the same old bigoted stereo-typing thats plagued us for ever, only its taken a 180 degree turn...
The same extreme sexist attitudes that were once held towards women are now directed at men, but they are allowed... :unknown:

There is nothing morally, or surely legally binding with this decision of the plates...but we allow it to happen...because we do nothing about it...

Not having a crack AC, but as an example, whilst you're in obvious opposition to this story & outcome, & you constantly voice your disapproval of such things, are you going to be in court with this guy fighting for your civil rights...???...because as you know it is up to ALL of us to do something about it...something more than complain about it.

This oppression happens on a continuous basis because we dont challenge it...We dont see that we are "given or allowed" enough apparent freedoms to not see them slowly being eroded...
These type of cases should be challenged on a populas basis, not left for the individual to be crushed...this is how controlled oppression works, & how narcissists & sociopaths end up in positions of power.

Instead we are led to believe that we will offend someone if we challenge them-because when "them" are challenged, we're met with a level of aggression that is designed to attack us on an emotional level--so we dont speak up--unknowingly playing the victim to support the oppressive's emotional blackmail...!

We ALL know, there is absolutely no basis or foundation for to it being illegal to own & use a suppressor on a rifle--infact some of the strongest & compelling laws in existance today are in support of support of suppressors--such as health & safety laws--

And no foundation for it being illegal to own a 12G self-loading shotgun that holds 5+1 for any kind of recreational shooting, yet its legal to own an incredibly accurate 308 bolt action repeater and have 15, ten shot mags strapped to your belt... :unknown:

There are laws against such bigoted persecution against individuals & groups, yet we allow ourselves to be persecuted...

Unfortunately i suspect car enthusiast groups will pull some bigoted arguement of be "offended" at being compared to "violent gun owners"...which will only serve to further the oppression we face.

As firearm owners, we should rally ALL the car enthusiast groups, in the same way that GCA rally groups like PETA & extreme vego/vegan groups...but instead, we fall for the segregation ourselves--the comp pistol shooter/bench rester/whatever, deems there no need for a supressor, & certainly doesnt support "hoon driving", so he waivers any support so as to not bring attention to his little corner... :roll: ...so he certainly wont rally the support of a mad drag car owner/driver to fight against our equally valued rights being stripped... :unknown:

The bottom line is this--Govt's were formed to stop this kind of oppression, now they largely run on it...!
Its all an exercise in control...& to have control you must first oppress...Its just a step by step way to a totalitarian led society...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Bugman » 19 Jun 2020, 3:55 pm

mmmmmmmm. I once had a sticker that read "Asian Driver Aware" Now not long after I put it at the rear of my ute, A Current Affair had a story on how bad Asians were at driving so i felt vindicated. Now I like Asians. Great food, interesting culture and people steeped well into history, but most of them are really crappy at driving cars.
By the way the sticker did not stay long, someone "unstuck" it.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Blr243 » 19 Jun 2020, 4:03 pm

If I saw that plate I may make a brief temporary assumption that the owner was perhaps a bit immature or a bit of a Dick but it would be forgotten a minute later. I once saw a plate” U HATE “. You have to wonder about some types but it’s not offensive
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 19 Jun 2020, 5:07 pm

I'm not racist but.....
I once had a sticker that read "Asian Driver Aware"
oh and I like Asian food. :lol:

I'm not offended at all by someone having those kind of stickers theyre similar to the charming "F&%# off we're full" stickers . They just let everyone know where the merchant bankers are :drinks:
Last edited by allthegearandnoidea on 19 Jun 2020, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 19 Jun 2020, 5:15 pm

Stix wrote:
AussieCapitalist wrote:Old mate in Victoria has had his plates "WEPN" cancelled by vicroads after 10 years of ownership due to being of an offensive nature because they reference violence(apparently).

This is just an example of what happens every day, in one way shape or form...Not just throughout every level of Govt's, but also in the private sector...!!

Its just an uneducated left wing bully being allowed & empowered to persecute whom they like...its just the same old bigoted stereo-typing thats plagued us for ever, only its taken a 180 degree turn...
The same extreme sexist attitudes that were once held towards women are now directed at men, but they are allowed... :unknown:

There is nothing morally, or surely legally binding with this decision of the plates...but we allow it to happen...because we do nothing about it...

Not having a crack AC, but as an example, whilst you're in obvious opposition to this story & outcome, & you constantly voice your disapproval of such things, are you going to be in court with this guy fighting for your civil rights...???...because as you know it is up to ALL of us to do something about it...something more than complain about it.

This oppression happens on a continuous basis because we dont challenge it...We dont see that we are "given or allowed" enough apparent freedoms to not see them slowly being eroded...
These type of cases should be challenged on a populas basis, not left for the individual to be crushed...this is how controlled oppression works, & how narcissists & sociopaths end up in positions of power.

Instead we are led to believe that we will offend someone if we challenge them-because when "them" are challenged, we're met with a level of aggression that is designed to attack us on an emotional level--so we dont speak up--unknowingly playing the victim to support the oppressive's emotional blackmail...!

We ALL know, there is absolutely no basis or foundation for to it being illegal to own & use a suppressor on a rifle--infact some of the strongest & compelling laws in existance today are in support of support of suppressors--such as health & safety laws--

And no foundation for it being illegal to own a 12G self-loading shotgun that holds 5+1 for any kind of recreational shooting, yet its legal to own an incredibly accurate 308 bolt action repeater and have 15, ten shot mags strapped to your belt... :unknown:

There are laws against such bigoted persecution against individuals & groups, yet we allow ourselves to be persecuted...

Unfortunately i suspect car enthusiast groups will pull some bigoted arguement of be "offended" at being compared to "violent gun owners"...which will only serve to further the oppression we face.

As firearm owners, we should rally ALL the car enthusiast groups, in the same way that GCA rally groups like PETA & extreme vego/vegan groups...but instead, we fall for the segregation ourselves--the comp pistol shooter/bench rester/whatever, deems there no need for a supressor, & certainly doesnt support "hoon driving", so he waivers any support so as to not bring attention to his little corner... :roll: ...so he certainly wont rally the support of a mad drag car owner/driver to fight against our equally valued rights being stripped... :unknown:

The bottom line is this--Govt's were formed to stop this kind of oppression, now they largely run on it...!
Its all an exercise in control...& to have control you must first oppress...Its just a step by step way to a totalitarian led society...

Mic drops...thank you and goodnight. done. :thumbsup:
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Stix » 19 Jun 2020, 5:18 pm

allthegearandnoidea wrote:I'm not racist but.....

I'm not offended at all by someone having those kind of stickers theyre similar to the charming "F&%# off we're full" stickers . They just let everyone know where the merchant bankers are :drinks:

My favourite line when caught among a group of racists that claim theyre not racist while dribbling loads of bigoted racist & bullying waste from their necks is..
......"yea im not a racist either...i just hate xxx and yyy..."...

They look at you in total confusion for a while...try to process it...then agree with you... :lol:...And any nearby modern politically correct vacant headed types, completely miss the point & tell me that i am a racist because i said the word "Gook"... :lol:

Seeing this unfold is very funny... :lol:...its like they implode on themselves... :lol:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Flyer » 19 Jun 2020, 6:47 pm

allthegearandnoidea wrote:I'm not racist but.....

The Kiwis had the perfect answer to that.

It's probably the best advertisment for migration we have. Would you rather have a beer with witty Kiwi or a humourless local-born mong who's epitome of self-expression is . . .

The laws of physics do not apply to politics.
Flyer
Corporal
Corporal

-

Post by Angel » 23 Jun 2020, 3:05 pm

Patriot wrote:
AussieCapitalist wrote:This is what happens when the public service becomes Flooded with soy boys and losers. This is why I hate the idea of an over inflated public service who think they can tell everyone what to do. Vicroads can nearly be a sole automated industry. It does not need to employee people that serve no purpose.

This is what happens when citizens don’t not take their responsibilities in a democracy seriously. Australians with piss poor she’ll be right attitudes have allowed these people to take control of our parliaments and public service.

:drinks:
Angel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 24 Jun 2020, 1:25 pm

I remembered seeing a plate 6ULDV8 :lol:

Funny how we're taught that violence is unacceptable, yet governments around the world send people out to kill each other in war ... and the word weapon is offensive? :unknown:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 24 Jun 2020, 1:43 pm

Just sat behind a Ute in traffic with AGRO4
reg plate
Obviously a menace to society :roll:

BTW read about ABC producer ringing Chess Association asking for comments on whether chess is a racist game because white goes first
To the association's credit they told the ABC to rack off and stop wasting taxpayers money
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 24 Jun 2020, 1:51 pm

Radio reported today - that they have been asked to stop playing Dr Hooks - “ Girls can get it” song...we are on a slippy slope here...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Bugman » 24 Jun 2020, 1:56 pm

and so can guys get it....................hang on.........................are we talking about STD's? :crazy:
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by snag » 24 Jun 2020, 6:45 pm

Beam me up Scotty ...... this planet is over-run with d**kheads.
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but personally I prefer the .30/30 Winchester.
snag
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Stix » 24 Jun 2020, 7:17 pm

We need to get back to a time where you can say what you want based on what you believe are the demonstrated facts...
Kinda like the 5.18 minute mark & 6:44 minute mark of this clip... :?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TStGLC-pphs

:lol:

Ah come on... :) ....its just a little slippy inny of a funny... :lol: 8-) :?

But its true...!!!...if you plead you're offended, that somehow gives licence to dish out hostile abuse & stereo type someone based on an unreal set of beliefs... :unknown: ...forget who it is in that video---its a great demonstration of what this world needs a hard dose of... :clap:

:)
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 24 Jun 2020, 9:43 pm

That’s some funny s**t - “ I believe in the first amendment and boobs”

Then the flip out.

“And I also believe in the first amendment and I like women...”
“But you don’t like boobs?” :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics