2 NZ cops gunned down

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

2 NZ cops gunned down

Post by AussieCapitalist » 19 Jun 2020, 2:12 pm

So yesterday NZ bring in even more gun laws such as a registry and today less than 24 hours later 2 cops have been gunned down at a traffic stop. Good timing for the NZ government now isn't it.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/ne ... ocid=wispr
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Re: 2 NZ cops gunned down

Post by AussieCapitalist » 19 Jun 2020, 2:24 pm

The above article mentions

"New Zealand last year enacted new gun control laws banning the deadliest types of semiautomatic weapons after a mass shooting in which a gunman killed 51 people at two Christchurch mosques during Friday prayers."

What the heck is a deadly type of semiautomatic weapon? Are they alluding to centrefire for the average person who knows nothing? A bullet in the head with a rimfire or a centrefire is still a bullet to the head and is deadly in my view.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by glenn777 » 19 Jun 2020, 2:35 pm

Between this and the whole Canada situation it's like someone's orchestrating the disarmament of Commonwealth nations.
glenn777
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by AussieCapitalist » 19 Jun 2020, 2:38 pm

glenn777 wrote:Between this and the whole Canada situation it's like someone's orchestrating the disarmament of Commonwealth nations.

The only country who have loosened gun laws lately in the Commonwealth is South Africa. In some ways(mostly around automatics) South Africa have better laws than the USA. Italy have also been starting to get some laws overturned.

I am thinking I will move to South Africa if Australia gets any worse. South Africa have their own problems but they have concealed carry and automatic firearms. What more does a man need in life.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by poid » 19 Jun 2020, 5:06 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:I am thinking I will move to South Africa if Australia gets any worse. South Africa have their own problems but they have concealed carry and automatic firearms. What more does a man need in life.

Seriously mate, if you're not taking the p*ss then you must be trolling.
poid
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 19 Jun 2020, 5:53 pm

Although I'm sympathetic of any police officer being killed or injured at work. BUT I get a bit sick of hearing about it on the news. Makes me wonder just how controlled the news we are given down the tube really is??

Since when did ANY the following get reported on the 6 O'clock news.

300 workers die on the job every year, by various means,.

600 die of asbestos related disease every year.

500 from other work related hazardous substances. (usually in early retirement, so life shortened considerably)

About 2688 fatalities from car accidents. (2011 road toll)

And lets not forget the 131,170 (2009–10) who have a serious Injuries at work. In many cases a permanent disability as a result.

FMD Who gives a Fuk about 2 coppers.

Dummy spit done.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by AussieCapitalist » 19 Jun 2020, 6:00 pm

poid wrote:
Seriously mate, if you're not taking the p*ss then you must be trolling.

Yes. People who think different to you are taking the piss or trolling. This site is called enough gun. Just because you have had enough gun does not mean I have.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 19 Jun 2020, 6:05 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Although I'm sympathetic of any police officer being killed or injured at work. BUT I get a bit sick of hearing about it on the news. Makes me wonder just how controlled the news we are given down the tube really is??

500 from other work related hazardous substances. (usually in early retirement, so life shortened considerably)

And lets not forget the 131,170 (2009–10) who have a serious Injuries at work. In many cases a permanent disability as a result.

Dummy spit done.

The reason I posted this was not about the cops dying but more so the timing of their death. Because it just so happened to be less than 24 hours after the government brought in a registry and this fits their agenda.

What you have posted is spot on and can be said about covid 19. Every year in Australia about 3ish thousand die of the flu and flu related symptoms. In the height of the so called virus this year there was bugger all people on ventilators. It was a massive overreaction.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 19 Jun 2020, 8:47 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:
I am thinking I will move to South Africa if Australia gets any worse. South Africa have their own problems but they have concealed carry and automatic firearms. What more does a man need in life.

i've talked to some ex south africans about things over there . not a good swap at all in my opinion
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Stix » 19 Jun 2020, 9:56 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Although I'm sympathetic of any police officer being killed or injured at work. BUT I get a bit sick of hearing about it on the news. Makes me wonder just how controlled the news we are given down the tube really is??

Dummy spit done.

Same same...but...You've left out homelessness, Govt controlled Medical negligence, & suicide by car into tree..just to name a few very important ones....!!!
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by womble » 20 Jun 2020, 4:30 am

Police get killed a lot. All countries considered. It’s a rather dangerous job.

The headline is New Zealand. Where a policeman being shot on the job is unheard of.
Just not something that happens there. They don’t even carry firearms.
And they probably just lost about a quarter of their police force with one of them getting killed.
So yeah, big news in a country where sheep gives birth to twins would be on the front page for a month.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 20 Jun 2020, 4:07 pm

I met a couple who owned a small business in South Africa ...they were carrying hand guns for defence every time they took weekly cash earnings to the bank because life is dangerous over there . As they were approaching the bank they got into a battle with robbers and tried to shoot back as best they could but The robbers had military style rifles and were too much for them ... one of them got shot ....after that they decided that if just haveing a fish and chips shop can get you shot in South Africa then they wanted out of there ....so they packed up there stuff and moved to Australia....still in the same business here but they don’t need a glock tucked into their pants every time they go to the bank
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 20 Jun 2020, 4:17 pm

Blr243 wrote:I met a couple who owned a small business in South Africa ...they were carrying hand guns for defence every time they took weekly cash earnings to the bank because life is dangerous over there . As they were approaching the bank they got into a battle with robbers and tried to shoot back as best they could but The robbers had military style rifles and were too much for them ... one of them got shot ....after that they decided that if just haveing a fish and chips shop can get you shot in South Africa then they wanted out of there ....so they packed up there stuff and moved to Australia....still in the same business here but they don’t need a glock tucked into their pants every time they go to the bank

I just want my own farm to live off the land and be left alone from the overreach of others. Its my dream that I am working on.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 20 Jun 2020, 10:21 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:

I just want my own farm to live off the land and be left alone from the overreach of others. Its my dream that I am working on.

it's a nice dream mate. i've got the same dream , but the only way it'll happen is if i win the lotto :(
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 20 Jun 2020, 10:27 pm

Blr243 wrote:I met a couple who owned a small business in South Africa ...they were carrying hand guns for defence every time they took weekly cash earnings to the bank because life is dangerous over there . As they were approaching the bank they got into a battle with robbers and tried to shoot back as best they could but The robbers had military style rifles and were too much for them ... one of them got shot ....after that they decided that if just haveing a fish and chips shop can get you shot in South Africa then they wanted out of there ....so they packed up there stuff and moved to Australia....still in the same business here but they don’t need a glock tucked into their pants every time they go to the bank

I've also heard stories along those lines
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 20 Jun 2020, 10:35 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:

I can relate to that.

Unfortunately in order to have an orderly and safe society we need rules. Often not logical and even discriminating in some ways. The world and oz isnt perfect. But Id rather be here, put up with a few stupid firearm rules (But have access to most) and not need to worry about someone or gangs shooting at me when I go shopping. It's called "compromise". Many dont like it, but it usually works.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Firearms related media and politics