Topical and Succinct (warning mild foul language)

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Topical and Succinct (warning mild foul language)

Post by Stix » 25 Jun 2020, 8:39 pm

ATGNI...i get the impression of being dismissed in the fact i stated i dont have an interest in what the girls say, but that i find interest in the social reaction, & that people are willing to go against the grain of their beliefs, all in order to be accepted...
So the crux of what ive put forward, being that of significant social impacts are indeed influencing life to the highest levels of power, & causing bigoted laws to be passed based on fear & emotion, has been dismissed, if not by any other means, than by ommitance of such in any replies...in which youve only replied with suggestions i may find some enlightenment in what these girls say...

Two completely different levels of subject never crossing paths yet needlessly banging on...
And im not going to bother with me being so desperately naive to not understand how an eyeroll would normally be considered a form of humourous acceptance of someone elses comments...
But then, communication by text does that.. :unknown:

Anyway...doesnt matter...im not upset...im just all alone in my poor little world of not being understood... :violin:

:lol:

Whatever... :unknown:

All carry on...
:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 25 Jun 2020, 8:48 pm

Stix wrote:
But then, communication by text does that.. :unknown:
:

This is a huge statement and has even put Rifts amongst my extended family...Without seeing or hearing expression - written communication is so difficult to interpret...as intended.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 25 Jun 2020, 8:55 pm

Definitely misunderstood the eyeroll - that is the universal response I get from my family when I tell what I think is a funny joke. So I thought it a way of agreeing iot was funny but a bit corny.
I think I will back off a bit from posts for a while - I think its not a positive thing in many ways - my wife once sarcastically said its a way to show people how smart you think you are.
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by marksman » 25 Jun 2020, 8:59 pm

ATG - dont know why you think everyone is talking to YOU :unknown:

but if l want to applaud young Tonytm for her view on the hypocrisy of what's agreeable to the left in the currant woke change culture l will :shock:

l am entitled to an opinion, same as her and everyone else :roll: :drinks:

ps, "I love the way a lot of people blame schools when kids are far more influenced by friends/family/social media"
oh really AGT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxiqOrR0Hpc
so you do not believe schools are indoctrinating our children, there you go
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Bill » 25 Jun 2020, 9:44 pm

The delusion in this young girl is strong, naive and idealistic she really does come across as a twit, no different to Greta.

As to applauding a young girl with no life experience, you got to be kidding me marksman ? talk about a low bar :thumbsdown:
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by marksman » 25 Jun 2020, 10:31 pm

of course l'm kidding you Bill, of course l am ;)

l must say l am pretty impressed that two of our forum leftys have denounced greta in one thread :thumbsup:
how change culture woke of you :lol: :drinks: farken awesome :lol:

"she really does come across as a twit, no different to Greta"

"Similar to the kind of simplistic naive rants weve come to expect from Greta"

“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 25 Jun 2020, 11:14 pm

How dare you! :o
I will not be lectured to by someone whose sole source of information seems to be twitter and SkyNews
I lean neither right nor left but call out bs equally. When I see it
If you're taking your cues from a 15 year old you need to broaden your horizons. This is what political commentary has come to? If she rolled that monologue out in a high school debate she'd be laughed off the lectern.
Talk about dumbing down the conversation :crazy:
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Stix » 26 Jun 2020, 12:05 am

Personally i dont think the average kid in school has enough of a rationalised & developed brain to grasp the entire concept...& if they have, they havent lived long enough to have seen the worlds stupidity in its entirety anyway, so cant possibly understand something they havent experienced.

In any case...why does this have to be a shallow arguement about a girl being a political commentator...?...why cant it be a discussion about the points she raises :unknown: ---like that because you are a cop, doesnt excuse you for killing a minority black man, & if you are a minority black man, doesnt give you licence in acting out revenge in a violent way against innocent people... :unknown:

These are points she raises, & valid ones...they happen in our society...& we enable it, yet we dont do anything about it... :unknown:

Nobody is telling anybody to take her political views as their own...

I mean really...im beginning to think its of no surprise we cant screw on a suppressor if we have to argue the look of a point, rather than the point itself...

Well im obviously not going to go & start my own forum...because i got no money & i suck at IT anyway...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by straightshooter » 26 Jun 2020, 7:12 am

Of course the lefties are abandoning that poor little Swedish girl.
She failed to deliver the climatic blitzkrieg the green left were hoping for and is now just an embarrassing laughing stock.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by trekin » 26 Jun 2020, 7:15 am

Stix wrote:Personally i dont think the average kid in school has enough of a rationalised & developed brain to grasp the entire concept...& if they have, they havent lived long enough to have seen the worlds stupidity in its entirety anyway, so cant possibly understand something they havent experienced.

In any case...why does this have to be a shallow arguement about a girl being a political commentator...?...why cant it be a discussion about the points she raises :unknown: ---like that because you are a cop, doesnt excuse you for killing a minority black man, & if you are a minority black man, doesnt give you licence in acting out revenge in a violent way against innocent people... :unknown:

These are points she raises, & valid ones...they happen in our society...& we enable it, yet we dont do anything about it... :unknown:

I mean really...im beginning to think its of no surprise we cant screw on a suppressor if we have to argue the look of a point, rather than the point itself...

Well im obviously not going to go & start my own forum...because i got no money & i suck at IT anyway...

giphy (13).gif

After 58 years on this rock, there is only one thing I'm certain of, and that is that the level of stupidity in tomorrows (and the next day and so on) headlines will prove that even if I were to live for an other hundred years, I would never see just how stupid the people of this world are.
You have to remember that this youngster (and Greta, to a certain extent) are living though and experiencing this right now, so her opinions do somewhat matter.

David Hogg, now there's a name that hasn't been discussed in a while.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 26 Jun 2020, 9:50 am

.why cant it be a discussion about the points she raises :unknown: ---like that because you are a cop, doesnt excuse you for killing a minority black man, & if you are a minority black man, doesnt give you licence in acting out revenge in a violent way against innocent people... :unknown:

How can you have a worthwhile discussion about things that are obviously self evident. Yes cops shouldnt kill people and people shouldn't riot - where can we go from here? Talk about a circle jerk :unknown:

Blonde girl does a grreat line in dog whistling and people who should know better come running - please dont let yourself be manipulated into outrage - That's what SkyNews is for :sarcasm:

Save your outrage for the fact that Qlders cant hunt in state forests and we cant screwa supressor onto our rifles (eh Stix - I'm with you there)
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by marksman » 26 Jun 2020, 11:34 am

allthegearandnoidea wrote:How dare you! :o
I will not be lectured to by someone whose sole source of information seems to be twitter and SkyNews
I lean neither right nor left but call out bs equally. When I see it
If you're taking your cues from a 15 year old you need to broaden your horizons. This is what political commentary has come to? If she rolled that monologue out in a high school debate she'd be laughed off the lectern.
Talk about dumbing down the conversation :crazy:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

in fact you would be limiting yourself to a minimum of information if you did not take into account all sides of the story
to throw away information because it did not come from a source that was to your approval shows you are not interested in the information
maybe Tonytm's outrage at the left's hypocrisy is learned from adults who are also outraged at the left's hypocrisy but it comes from fact as does the sky news story you carelessly will not consider because you have a bias against the source ;) :lol:

so really who is dumbing down the conversation :unknown: brush it off because it came from sky news or twitter, cannot have any truth :roll: :drinks:

ziad/benny/albert/sarge used to say he did not lean neither right nor left, like you but like you mate it sounds pretty left to everyone else :lol: :wtf:

l have to say as well l have experience with the sh!t that the schools are trying to teach our young children, one in primary school, one in high school and one doing her masters in uni, the last tells me how you cannot voice an opinion against the growing left ideals or risk being ostracized and has had many students call her out for eating bambi, she supports the pro hong kong students who passively protest against ccp china and has copped abuse because of it

l have also called out one of my children's school principals who l told l did not want my then 8 year old being taught about gender fluidity at school but was told that he had no choice, that he was not allowed to teach religion anymore but at that time his and all schools had to teach gender fluidity
we came to an agreement that when this rubbish was being taught l would pick up my child, problem solved

and greta's idol, who she has posted up on utube as being her inspiration, where she got the information to start protesting was attenborough who we all know has been outed as a fake, but can you trust the source :lol: she said it on utube :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rkv-ItznBE

l think l'll go and broaden my horizons and watch a bit of sky news :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Stix » 26 Jun 2020, 11:45 am

trekin wrote:
Stix wrote:Personally i dont think the average kid in school has enough of a rationalised & developed brain to grasp the entire concept...& if they have, they havent lived long enough to have seen the worlds stupidity in its entirety anyway, so cant possibly understand something they havent experienced.

giphy (13).gif

After 58 years on this rock, there is only one thing I'm certain of, and that is that the level of stupidity in tomorrows (and the next day and so on) headlines will prove that even if I were to live for an other hundred years, I would never see just how stupid the people of this world are.
You have to remember that this youngster (and Greta, to a certain extent) are living though and experiencing this right now, so her opinions do somewhat matter.

Trekkin...I wasnt suggesting her opinions dont matter...
& im not sure how you get that from what i said... :unknown:
I agree with the points she raise & the sentiment she carries...
I also may have been trying to steer a non sensicle arguement back to discussion around the OP...rather than that which others try to make it into... ;)
:)
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 27 Jun 2020, 12:11 pm

l see we have had a cleanup :thumbsup:
great idea

if you dont mind l kind of liked the angry bit
for the silent majority :drinks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-Vo4y6YeA0

If you want to be in my gang
Stand up with me
We'll start a revolution
We'll make the streets free
We'll never weaken
We'll give it our best
Can't be defeated
We're better than the rest
Shoulder to shoulder we're gonna stand
We're gonna fight to the very last man
Can't be defeated don't know the word
Shoulder to shoulder we'll fight the world
We can't be beaten
What do we tell 'em boys
We can't be beaten
There comes a time when every man must fight
What he believes in just isn't right
He'll take so much til he'll take no more
They'll hear us coming when they hear the mighty roar
Shoulder to shoulder we're gonna stand
We're gonna fight to the very last man
We can't be beaten
Let me hear ya
We can't be beaten
Sing it out loud
We can't be beaten
We'll tell the world
We can't be beaten
Now listen everybody out there
We can't be beaten
You gotta realize you're the real thing
We can't be beaten
We can rule the streets
We can't be beaten
It's just up to you and me
We can't be beaten
'Cause We can't be beaten
Hey hey
We can't be beaten
You better believe it
We can't be beaten
They'll soon find out
We can't be beaten
Now
We can't be beaten
We can't be beaten
We can't be beaten
We can't be beaten
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by trekin » 27 Jun 2020, 2:19 pm

Stix wrote:
trekin wrote:

giphy (13).gif

Trekkin...I wasnt suggesting her opinions dont matter...
& im not sure how you get that from what i said... :unknown:
I agree with the points she raise & the sentiment she carries...
I also may have been trying to steer a non sensicle arguement back to discussion around the OP...rather than that which others try to make it into... ;)
:)

I may have the bull by the balls here, but the very first sentence of your post suggests, to me at least, that the opinions of younger, school going people are not held very highly by yourself personally. At least, that is the way I read it and as said I may have hold of the balls, instead of the horns. Which, I must say, seems contradictory to the rest of this post (and to your other posts in this thread) and somewhat confusing to this reader.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics