6 Week Lockdown - Range Outside Metro...

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

6 Week Lockdown - Range Outside Metro...

Post by Aliqua » 07 Jul 2020, 6:05 pm

Selfish Rant: Eagle Park is the next council outside the metropolitan zone for Melbourne.... I have nowhere to shoot for 6 weeks and was planning on going down on Friday... :cry: :violin:

That's all :(

N.B. Anyone know of any other ranges (that I dont have to membership up) in 'Metro melb' (springvale doesn't accept. 308's haha).
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Re: 6 Week Lockdown - Range Outside Metro...

Post by marksman » 07 Jul 2020, 6:24 pm

l feel for you Aliqua
this is a good time to make the most of it and do a bit of door knocking to get yourself a private property to shoot on
TBH l refuse to be locked down like we were, it was just too hypocritical, lucky for me l dont have to as well as we still have the legislation allowing us to volunteer for farmers and l will be able to get out to catch a feed of whiting and squid with the young bloke

“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Aliqua » 07 Jul 2020, 6:44 pm

Door knocking in the south east suburbs asking to shoot might not go down so well with the locals... heheh. But I appreciate the suggestion. At least I got to shoot a few weeks ago... anyways - better oil the barrel tomorrow. Cant afford to let it rust before shooting it again in 2034.
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by MontyShooter » 08 Jul 2020, 8:37 am

I can't see why you couldn't hunt in a state forest for your exercise or recreation. Yarra Ranges Shire is in the bubble.
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 08 Jul 2020, 5:42 pm

MontyShooter wrote:I can't see why you couldn't hunt in a state forest for your exercise or recreation. Yarra Ranges Shire is in the bubble.

you would need to check this with your local DFO
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Vone » 08 Jul 2020, 11:33 pm

MontyShooter wrote:I can't see why you couldn't hunt in a state forest for your exercise or recreation. Yarra Ranges Shire is in the bubble.

Fishing, boating, tennis and golf are allowed so I don't see why hunting within the 'bubble' wouldn't be allowed :unknown: There has been no specific ban on hunting as far as I'm aware - not yet anyway!
CZ 457 American 22LR
Tikka T3x Lite 308
Vone
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Sarco » 09 Jul 2020, 8:03 pm

WEF today, Eagle Park (Little River) is closed.
In the interests of safety for staff visitors etc. Blah Blah Blah.
So while I am not in lockdown (central Vic) to get there I have to drive through locked down areas Kyneton- Calder Fwy- Gisborne-Bacchus Marsh- Geelong, turning off at Ripply's Rd, (OK provided I don't stop other than for fuel)., and Geelong (Eagle Park controlling shire) aren't in lockdown (yet), I could still shoot (handguns)

Fortunately Licencing and Regulation Division (LRD) have released the Police Commissioners modification of attendance requirements so that we only have to do 50% of the requirements for this year.

I won't tell the missus, but that means I don't have to do anymore shoots this year! unless I want to, and I do of course.
Sarco
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by CrackThump » 09 Jul 2020, 9:22 pm

Aliqua wrote:Selfish Rant: Eagle Park is the next council outside the metropolitan zone for Melbourne.... I have nowhere to shoot for 6 weeks and was planning on going down on Friday... :cry: :violin:

N.B. Anyone know of any other ranges (that I dont have to membership up) in 'Metro melb' (springvale doesn't accept. 308's haha).

Fly down to tassie and nominate to quarantine at a SSAA range for 2 weeks. ;)

Problem solvered
CrackThump
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Aliqua » 09 Jul 2020, 11:08 pm

CrackThump wrote:
Aliqua wrote:Selfish Rant: Eagle Park is the next council outside the metropolitan zone for Melbourne.... I have nowhere to shoot for 6 weeks and was planning on going down on Friday... :cry: :violin:

Fly down to tassie and nominate to quarantine at a SSAA range for 2 weeks. ;)

Problem solvered

Haha! I thought you were gonna say your place on 100 acres :)
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Return to Firearms related media and politics