The cost of Covid on African wildlife conservation.

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

The cost of Covid on African wildlife conservation.

Post by bladeracer » 14 Jul 2020, 6:54 pm

Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: The cost of Covid on African wildlife conservation.

Post by GQshayne » 14 Jul 2020, 7:18 pm

Yep, we get it. But the masses won't.

I saw something on Landline recently in regards to the masses turning away from leather and natural fur in the products they buy. They are buying imitation products instead, which are made from petrochemicals, and are not good for our environment. And an animal hide that used to be worth something on the market, is now being dumped in landfill in some instances.
GQshayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 14 Jul 2020, 8:19 pm

:evil: :evil: Yep, what a waste!

Cause they won't get it. Just look at the feral fox problem has on native wild life. Make it fashionable again to wear a fox fur coat, jacket or gloves by putting a value on a feral and save Australian's native wildlife.
the campaign "I'd rather go naked than wear fur", well ask the native wild life and their slogan may be" wear a fox fur and save me from getting ripped to bits"! :evil:
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by marksman » 14 Jul 2020, 9:18 pm

WOW very forceful :clap:
thanks for sharing blade :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Flyer » 15 Jul 2020, 12:32 am

RoginaJack wrote::evil: :evil: Yep, what a waste!

Cause they won't get it. Just look at the feral fox problem has on native wild life. Make it fashionable again to wear a fox fur coat, jacket or gloves by putting a value on a feral and save Australian's native wildlife.
the campaign "I'd rather go naked than wear fur", well ask the native wild life and their slogan may be" wear a fox fur and save me from getting ripped to bits"! :evil:

The problem with the fur industry is that very little of it comes from feral animal erradication, and nearly all of it comes from fur farms that keep foxes, minks, racoons and other animals in small, inhumane cages where they are treated barbarically.

No humane hunter should condone that sort of treatment. But that's the problem: when you create an industry, you have to sustain it, and then it comes down to economics.

There is nothing wrong with subsitance hunting – which is arguably the most envrionmentally friendly way to source meat – just as there is nothing wrong with wearing humanely sourced fur as a by-product of hunting.

Kangaroo meat, for example, is an excellent source of lean protein devoid of growth hormones and antibiotics, as well as having very little impact on the environment and precious water supplies. Roo meat uses a fraction of the water and other resources that cattle and sheep farming does. We should be eating more of it. And in fact, that's exactly what we do in our house: we've replaced most red meat with kangaroo.

The problem is, it's not as economical to hunt wild meat as it is to farm it. So everything comes down to $.

As for the video, it's almost unwatchable. I can just imagine Ricky Gervais saying: "Fix the stupid, jerky cutaways and I might actually be able to concentrate on what you're saying!"
The laws of physics do not apply to politics.
Flyer
Corporal
Corporal

-

Post by womble » 15 Jul 2020, 3:47 am

Kangaroo meat also tastes a bit like an overriipe asshole that’s been left out in the sun.
Some strange people may like it. But even my dogs wont eat it.
And some of that fake fur people buy comes from Long haired German shepherds And other favourable dog breeds farmed in small cages in China.
Battery farmed dogs dose’nt sell it to me.
Screw you China. We don’t like you. Up yours. Come get some.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Flyer » 15 Jul 2020, 12:13 pm

Maybe you should hold the sphincter sauce next time – roo meat is delicious if you cook it properly. And my dogs don't eat anything else. Helped fix my german shepherd's skin allergy, and he lived to 18.
The laws of physics do not apply to politics.
Flyer
Corporal
Corporal

-

Post by Elmer » 15 Jul 2020, 1:46 pm

womble wrote:Kangaroo meat also tastes a bit like an overriipe asshole that’s been left out in the sun.
And some of that fake fur people buy comes from Long haired German shepherds And other favourable dog breeds farmed in small cages in China.

Couldn't put it better myself.. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 15 Jul 2020, 2:28 pm

womble wrote:Kangaroo meat also tastes a bit like an overriipe asshole that’s been left out in the sun.

Agreed 100% - I’ve got two dogs...and we offer to one of every now and again just to laugh as she curls up her nose and looks at us to say - “fark off idiots...” the other pup doesn’t know any better but smiles merrily as everyone runs from the room 3 hours after he digests some roo.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Elmer » 15 Jul 2020, 5:03 pm

TassieTiger wrote:

Agreed 100% - I’ve got two dogs...and we offer to one of every now and again just to laugh as she curls up her nose and looks at us to say - “fark off idiots...” the other pup doesn’t know any better but smiles merrily as everyone runs from the room 3 hours after he digests some roo.

Hi Tassie, I'm thinking about getting one of those ATA 686 shotties in 12g...what are the like?
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 15 Jul 2020, 5:52 pm

Elmer - I’d say hand on heart...They are decent.
I got a little bit lucky and got the pick of a large shipment but that really just meant I got to check the timber grain and action lock up on about 20 units - rather than actually shoot 20.
I had an old miroku before I bought new ata. The M was tired (Loose in action and gaps in lock up) and heavy. I’d not want to shoot a 3” she’ll in that old girl...

There was a huge difference in timber quality across the ATA range (I got a beautiful dark walnut), But I couldn’t find any difference in machining / lock up action. They were all very good.
The ATA was lighter and presented to the shoulder nicely for both me and my young fella - recoil was very neglible for quick 2nd shot. The 5 yr warranty was the deal clincher for me.
Overall - A fair shottie and good features (select trigger, 5 x chokes, 3” chamber, etc) for the money.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Return to Firearms related media and politics