supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Shooting in the news and political arena.

supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by marksman » 31 Jul 2020, 2:15 pm

its farken frustrating

so l'm butchering the pig a farmer mate generously gave me and my family
and on the radio the presenter comes out with "we are not allowed visitors from today" so on the weekend l am having a lunch at the park with family instead of at home because we are allowed to go to restaurants and pubs and parks ect.. just not at home :wtf:

but he is dead right :shock: he will not be doing the wrong thing so why the fark not :roll:

he also had a bit of a speak about the face masks and that how children at schools will have to wear them except the under 12's because they will not get as sick because of their age :lol: the first thing l thought of was
"so they will only give a small amount of the CCP virus to the adults they will have contact with because they won't be affected as much" :roll:
the schools are set up for homeschooling so why not do that again :unknown:

they cant figure out that people have to pay bills that's why they go to work, they need help to be able to stay at home in isolation, its a bit late now to offer help to people while they are waiting for there test results, it should have been there from the start :crazy: we are not all rich poliscum

like it has been funny how the police have the highway blockaded to get from Melbourne to Geelong and the back roads have become highways :lol:

my son who is in primary school takes his own hand sanitizer to school and is rubbished by his teacher and some of the other children :roll:

with the state going so bad with the CCP virus for fark sake where is the leadership,
l'm just a average everyday sort of bloke and l can work out this is not going to work :roll:

we need some leadership Dan not unclear and inconsistent CCP virus messages :thumbsdown:

Image
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
User avatar
marksman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 3211
Victoria

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by TassieTiger » 31 Jul 2020, 2:34 pm

There is so much not making sense in Vic right now...I think MM the Dan govt is now over whelmed. They are just throwing resources without tact.

Eg why what your saying is not going to work.
My parents are both nomads and cancer survivors.
They can’t endure the winter in Tas - so take their van to QLD in June July for couple months Most years.
3 weeks ago they took their van and left Devonport, and stayed with family in Melbourne.

After a few days - they headed to Qld - thinking, heck, we are going to get stopped / checked - maybe not get in — so they downloaded their routes, who they stayed with, petrol stops, etc...and when they go to borders at both nsw and qld ? They were waved through - ZERO checks...
Tikka .260 (custom)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 28’
Sauer 30-06
Howa 300 win mag.
TassieTiger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 3130
Tasmania

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by Grandadbushy » 31 Jul 2020, 3:28 pm

I some what agree with you TT on the Dan gov but he doesn't draw all the blame for this, in my opinion ,it's business like owners of the Aged Homes who held back the truth of what was going on behind closed doors, the ships captain withholding the facts aboard the ship, gov all based around money, then morons like the three girls of late telling BS about their movements and crossing borders and all those that buck the system put in place to fight this pandemic by throwing parties, dining out and many others doing what is not needed, i can't believe or understand the lunacy of these people. Also i agree with the gov being overwhelmed with the situation ,i really think it is out of hand they won't stop it now and the covid will run its course before slowly fading out and many more lives will be lost before this is over And then how long before we get side swiped by another pandemic, possibly worse than this one, think about that do we turn the other cheek to those like the girls and the greedy or does our governments grow a set of balls and punish these people, i know people have to earn an income i have 6 kids doing battle with no income at times but you have to ask yourself is the death of you or your loved ones and others going to help or be better in the long run or is isolating and doing it tough for awhile for a possible better outcome for all concerned be a better way to go, i know which way i'd go
Grandadbushy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 210
Queensland

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by Noisydad » 31 Jul 2020, 3:47 pm

Our so called “leadership” isn’t leading. It’s reacting and that’s about all they ever do.
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
User avatar
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1
 
Posts: 1260
Victoria

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by luvmeadler » 31 Jul 2020, 4:39 pm

None of these people are obviously LAFO otherwise severe punishments would be surely dealt :x
luvmeadler
Recruit
Recruit
 
Posts: 24
South Australia

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by Oldbloke » 31 Jul 2020, 4:44 pm

Grandadbushy wrote:I some what agree with you TT on the Dan gov but he doesn't draw all the blame for this, in my opinion ,it's business like owners of the Aged Homes who held back the truth of what was going on behind closed doors, the ships captain withholding the facts aboard the ship, gov all based around money, then morons like the three girls of late telling BS about their movements and crossing borders and all those that buck the system put in place to fight this pandemic by throwing parties, dining out and many others doing what is not needed, i can't believe or understand the lunacy of these people. Also i agree with the gov being overwhelmed with the situation ,i really think it is out of hand they won't stop it now and the covid will run its course before slowly fading out and many more lives will be lost before this is over And then how long before we get side swiped by another pandemic, possibly worse than this one, think about that do we turn the other cheek to those like the girls and the greedy or does our governments grow a set of balls and punish these people, i know people have to earn an income i have 6 kids doing battle with no income at times but you have to ask yourself is the death of you or your loved ones and others going to help or be better in the long run or is isolating and doing it tough for awhile for a possible better outcome for all concerned be a better way to go, i know which way i'd go


Well said Grandad.

They only have limited options and if they pounce too hard everyone will squeal like stuck pigs. I think he is doing it incrementally inorder to not piss off too many people. And to be fair its a big ask to keep a lid on this bug.
Vic is bit like a big workplace. Ask people to do something and there is always a few % do what they want.

Certainly understand people being confused and pissed off. I just retired, should be in sunny QLD with the van now. Maybe having a beer with Grandad. Life is on hold. Looks like I lost 4k on an overseas trip too.
Good manners are free. Hunt safe, look after the bush & plug more pests. :thumbsup: The greatest invention in the history of man is beer. :drinks: Text alone does not convey the full message. Practice good hygiene.
User avatar
Oldbloke
General
General
 
Posts: 5887
Victoria

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by JimmyS » 31 Jul 2020, 6:04 pm

How long can this go on for? Falling into trillions of dollars worth of debt.
In theory, just 1 person with the virus can start this whole thing off again, then what, this lockdown again? for another 6 months? I bet some people would question if life was even worth living, essentially being a prisoner within your own home.
I'd like to see the number of suicides after all this, not to mention the 250,000 + jobs lost in Victoria alone, that's 250,000 more people with no income, relying on the people/government to keep them alive, and to not die.

Then you hear the dumb people "OMG SO YOU THINK ITS OKAY TO LET PEOPLE DIE?" such a dumb, basic, emotional argument.
M8, no more than 2 - 3 people have died in the whole of Victoria that are under 60 or so, and for each person that has died in Victoria, a conservative figure of 1300,00 people have lost their jobs.

The only reason we can allow this lock-down to occur, is because we have welfare. If there was no welfare, hundreds of thousands, if not millions would die, because there would be mass starvation, because no one would have any money.

Hope the reserve bank doesn't ask for it's loans back ey? ;)

Just something to ponder.
Winchester 1892 Sioux Commemorative (30-30)
CZ 527 Lux (.223)
1942 SMLE Mk III (.303)
Zastava M70 (.308)
Too much .30 cal? I think not!
User avatar
JimmyS
Private
Private
 
Posts: 74
Other

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by mchughcb » 31 Jul 2020, 7:31 pm

JimmyS wrote:How long can this go on for? Falling into trillions of dollars worth of debt.

Just something to ponder.


Here you go, non hysterical covid facts. Its almost a playbook for Daniel Andrews.

https://youtu.be/6RDffMCAujg
User avatar
mchughcb
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 145
Victoria

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by marksman » 31 Jul 2020, 8:29 pm

Noisydad wrote:Our so called “leadership” isn’t leading. It’s reacting and that’s about all they ever do.


spot on :thumbsup:

there's no logic in the double standard of no home visitors but go and have a party at the park, restaurant ect.... :roll: its a political stunt :wtf:

"it's business like owners of the Aged Homes who held back the truth of what was going on behind closed doors, the ships captain withholding the facts aboard the ship, gov all based around money,"
this is very true Grandad but not because of the CCP virus, aged care facilities have always been money spinners, my wife was one of the personal care assistants who was on the 4 corners program that alerted the problems in the aged care facilities 2 years ago, its all about government funding
my sister works at one facility and rang 2 weeks ago to tell them she had a sore throat and was going to be tested for the virus to be told that she can still do her shift because she had not been tested positive yet, by the on duty nurse :roll:
things have not really changed that much in aged care :thumbsdown: but this attitude is everywhere

I could be wrong however the Victorian state liberal opposition is now calling for federal govt. Intervention. That tells me situation is getting very serious.
Last edited by marksman on 31 Jul 2020, 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
User avatar
marksman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 3211
Victoria

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by mchughcb » 31 Jul 2020, 8:53 pm

This is a large cluster fark. Protect the elderly and immune compromised people and let the rest get back to work and life.

Tom Hanks - Survived
Mel Gibson - Survived
Peter Dutton - Survived
Boris Johnson - Survived
Prince Charles - Survived
Prince Albert - Survived
Jair Bolsonaro - Survived

FFS they aren't spring chickens either.
User avatar
mchughcb
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 145
Victoria

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by JimmyS » 31 Jul 2020, 9:13 pm

mchughcb wrote:This is a large cluster fark. Protect the elderly and immune compromised people and let the rest get back to work and life.

Tom Hanks - Survived
Mel Gibson - Survived
Peter Dutton - Survived
Boris Johnson - Survived
Prince Charles - Survived
Prince Albert - Survived
Jair Bolsonaro - Survived

FFS they aren't spring chickens either.


Spot on. This is no way to live life.
Winchester 1892 Sioux Commemorative (30-30)
CZ 527 Lux (.223)
1942 SMLE Mk III (.303)
Zastava M70 (.308)
Too much .30 cal? I think not!
User avatar
JimmyS
Private
Private
 
Posts: 74
Other

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by Bill » 31 Jul 2020, 9:49 pm

marksman you nailed the problem but then you fail to apportion the blame correctly.

' its a bit late now to offer help to people while they are waiting for there test results, it should have been there from the start :crazy: we are not all rich poliscum "

Nursing homes are a Federal issue ( yes a very very small proportion are state run in Vic) and ScoMo completed failed to heed the warnings regarding Nursing homes and supporting their workers.

I for one hope that Victorians and their stupid attitude to not stay at hope doesnt ruin it for the rest of us, just stay at home and take one for team, for goodness sake's its not that hard !!
“When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.”
User avatar
Bill
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
 
Posts: 801
New South Wales

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by Bill » 31 Jul 2020, 9:52 pm

marksman do you not get the bit that family members are more likely to physically contact one another.

In NSW we've had outbreaks related to funerals where you guess it ****** are hugging and kissing and ignoring all social distancing.

Vic Liberals asking for Federal intervention is laughable and a dangerous direction to head in.
“When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.”
User avatar
Bill
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
 
Posts: 801
New South Wales

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by Bill » 31 Jul 2020, 10:22 pm

Chuck its been pretty obviously that more people have ignored the science and not enough was done by the feds and the private sector.

You either follow the best advice on offer or suffer the consequences. Not interested in your virtual whatever, I like reality.
“When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.”
User avatar
Bill
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
 
Posts: 801
New South Wales

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by JimmyS » 31 Jul 2020, 11:23 pm

Bill wrote:Chuck its been pretty obviously that more people have ignored the science and not enough was done by the feds and the private sector.

You either follow the best advice on offer or suffer the consequences. Not interested in your virtual whatever, I like reality.


This is another thing that I have never quite understood - why is is the private sectors job to look after us? They are a business. Turnover declines, they make no money, they close down, everyone is out a job.

Hell, most modern business' operate on a very tight margin, hence why so many companies have failed, and just fallen over.

Reality doesn't make it right.

People bend over so easy in this country - pardon the vulgarity.
Winchester 1892 Sioux Commemorative (30-30)
CZ 527 Lux (.223)
1942 SMLE Mk III (.303)
Zastava M70 (.308)
Too much .30 cal? I think not!
User avatar
JimmyS
Private
Private
 
Posts: 74
Other

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by Oldbloke » 31 Jul 2020, 11:42 pm

All those having a winge about sitting at home. If you get your way I hope your parents survive.

If not you really will have something to cry about.
Good manners are free. Hunt safe, look after the bush & plug more pests. :thumbsup: The greatest invention in the history of man is beer. :drinks: Text alone does not convey the full message. Practice good hygiene.
User avatar
Oldbloke
General
General
 
Posts: 5887
Victoria

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by mchughcb » 01 Aug 2020, 12:09 am

Oldbloke wrote:All those having a winge about sitting at home. If you get your way I hope your parents survive.

If not you really will have something to cry about.


Thanks mate. My mother in law died of cancer during the lockdown and we have missed the funeral due to the travel ban. My wife can't visit the priest at the church because its shutdown. My uncle has terminal lung cancer. I can't visit him and he can't leave the house.

If you are scared great, look after yourself and stop lecturing everyone else.
User avatar
mchughcb
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 145
Victoria

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by Oldbloke » 01 Aug 2020, 12:18 am

mchughcb wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:All those having a winge about sitting at home. If you get your way I hope your parents survive.

If not you really will have something to cry about.


Thanks mate. My mother in law died of cancer during the lockdown and we have missed the funeral due to the travel ban. My wife can't visit the priest at the church because its shutdown. My uncle has terminal lung cancer. I can't visit him and he can't leave the house.

If you are scared great, look after yourself and stop lecturing everyone else.


Yeh, and my father passed away earlier in the year.
A reminder why we have the lock down,,,,, to prevent family dieing.

And I aint scared mate. But I don't see it as a big ask to stay at home to save lives.

Perhaps people should stop winging. And just do as asked.

Edit. Sorry to hear of your loss.
Last edited by Oldbloke on 01 Aug 2020, 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Good manners are free. Hunt safe, look after the bush & plug more pests. :thumbsup: The greatest invention in the history of man is beer. :drinks: Text alone does not convey the full message. Practice good hygiene.
User avatar
Oldbloke
General
General
 
Posts: 5887
Victoria

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by Grandadbushy » 01 Aug 2020, 1:54 am

Geez mchughcb steady on there mate no body has called you anything for having an opinion, and Bill was only giving his opinion and he's entitled to it as you are and should be respected , times are hard at the moment and until there is a vaccine then the advice given to us from medical people would be the best advice we have at the moment and that is social distancing and self quarantine but unfortunately some don't do the right thing so this is where we are now ''lock downs'', yes it's going to cost jobs, money, business failures, lives, and maybe famine but we've had 2 world wars and returned from both to rebuild and prosper , this maybe no different so lets get a positive look at things and respect others opinions because that's all they are and it ain't going to make things better , Also sorry to hear of the bad luck you have had of late hope things look up in the future. cheers
Grandadbushy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 210
Queensland

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by womble » 01 Aug 2020, 3:48 am

I just see weak leadership from the top down.
Dan’s news conferences basically consist of “i don’t know” and “we’ll discuss that when it happens”

I don’t know him and he may be a decent bloke, but he’s just not cut out for this. We need strong decisive, effective leadership.
In event of any emergency you must have a plan and you must action it without hesitation.
Because it’s do or die.
That’s what an emergency is. It’s about survival. There will be people who cry and moan. But the leader must take control.
The sooner he resigns his post, the greater the survival.
womble
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 228
Victoria

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by straightshooter » 01 Aug 2020, 8:26 am

First a little levity.
Politics is a compound word and is composed of poly = many and ticks = blood sucking parasites!
Amusing it may be but it is also a little too accurate a description for comfort especially when you take into account the retinue of enablers, spruikers and useful idiots existing on all sides of politics.
There is another riddle that emanates from eastern central Europe.
Q. What is the difference between a pig and a politician?
A. A pig will stick it's snout in the trough, eat it's fill and leaves but a politician once it gets it's snout in the trough will never leave.

Note: certain pronouns have been intentionally used
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
“No nation can be freer than its most oppressed, richer than its poorest, or wiser than its most ignorant.” Henry George
straightshooter
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 579
New South Wales

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by wanneroo » 01 Aug 2020, 10:36 am

I've followed the whole Victoria debacle and the more they shut down the more the cases go up.

I do not believe the lockdowns and restrictions on healthy people stop the virus at all, it just forces healthy people into close confines with sick people and the cases shoot up.

Here's some data in regards to the lockdown scam:
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/big ... -lockdowns

I had the conversation today with an aunt who has hid out from the beginning and not gone anywhere. I said at some point you have to resume your life, how long do you intend to hide out for? Remember the beginning when they told the lie of two weeks? Then it was a month and then more and then more restrictions.

I said there are a few facts people cannot escape from:

1. The virus is never going away, ever. It's already mutated into hundreds of strains and will join the roster of other coronaviruses we deal with every year. Perhaps in time it will weaken and be more like a cold virus.
2. Already the wizards of smart are telling us the vaccine may only be 50-70% effective, so it's not going to be a complete fix.
3. If you continue to hide out at home, home is a dangerous place. In the USA, 25,000 people a year die from falling down the stairs or off a ladder. 400 die from bathtubs, 100 die from appliances. Staying at home means you are probably stuffing your face with a lot of junk food so then you'll just expire of a heart attack, diabetes or other obesity causes. Then you have to factor in depression and lack of socialization and the effects from that.
wanneroo
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 500
United States of America

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by wanneroo » 01 Aug 2020, 10:46 am

JimmyS wrote:How long can this go on for? Falling into trillions of dollars worth of debt.
In theory, just 1 person with the virus can start this whole thing off again, then what, this lockdown again? for another 6 months? I bet some people would question if life was even worth living, essentially being a prisoner within your own home.
I'd like to see the number of suicides after all this, not to mention the 250,000 + jobs lost in Victoria alone, that's 250,000 more people with no income, relying on the people/government to keep them alive, and to not die.

Then you hear the dumb people "OMG SO YOU THINK ITS OKAY TO LET PEOPLE DIE?" such a dumb, basic, emotional argument.
M8, no more than 2 - 3 people have died in the whole of Victoria that are under 60 or so, and for each person that has died in Victoria, a conservative figure of 1300,00 people have lost their jobs.

The only reason we can allow this lock-down to occur, is because we have welfare. If there was no welfare, hundreds of thousands, if not millions would die, because there would be mass starvation, because no one would have any money.

Hope the reserve bank doesn't ask for it's loans back ey? ;)

Just something to ponder.


Here in the US, something like 450 people have lost their job for every fatality. The vast majority of fatalities are folks over 70 with significant health issues. It's a lot of the older ill folks to ask of young people to shut their lives down indefinitely when those ill older folks were likely to die within six months regardless of the virus.

And how long can the welfare go on for because it's never free, at some point you have to pay the piper for it?
wanneroo
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 500
United States of America

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by mchughcb » 01 Aug 2020, 12:18 pm

Agreed Wanneroo. You don't ask a medical expert with regards to the "best" outcome because it is a trade off of various outcomes.

Politicians and medical professors are too scared to say their estimates of the black plague were completely wrong. In Australia they predicted 7000 people per day to the ICU even with social distancing. With 25 million plus we have about 45 total.

No politician is strong enough to say, look we over reacted. Its not as bad as it seems. We'll make sure the elderly and infirmed are looked after, everybody else look after your hygiene and get back to your work and life.

There is no "exit" strategy from this situation. Every politician is waiting for some other person to "take the first steps" when in reality the fear doesn't match the reality of the last 6 months.

The mainstream media's obsession's with death numbers of elderly people and hysteria to increase lockdown measures is fueling the politician's irrational approach to this epidemic.
User avatar
mchughcb
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 145
Victoria

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by trekin » 01 Aug 2020, 2:12 pm

wanneroo wrote:I've followed the whole Victoria debacle and the more they shut down the more the cases go up.

I do not believe the lockdowns and restrictions on healthy people stop the virus at all, it just forces healthy people into close confines with sick people and the cases shoot up.

Here's some data in regards to the lockdown scam:
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/big ... -lockdowns

I had the conversation today with an aunt who has hid out from the beginning and not gone anywhere. I said at some point you have to resume your life, how long do you intend to hide out for? Remember the beginning when they told the lie of two weeks? Then it was a month and then more and then more restrictions.

I said there are a few facts people cannot escape from:

1. The virus is never going away, ever. It's already mutated into hundreds of strains and will join the roster of other coronaviruses we deal with every year. Perhaps in time it will weaken and be more like a cold virus.
2. Already the wizards of smart are telling us the vaccine may only be 50-70% effective, so it's not going to be a complete fix.
3. If you continue to hide out at home, home is a dangerous place. In the USA, 25,000 people a year die from falling down the stairs or off a ladder. 400 die from bathtubs, 100 die from appliances. Staying at home means you are probably stuffing your face with a lot of junk food so then you'll just expire of a heart attack, diabetes or other obesity causes. Then you have to factor in depression and lack of socialization and the effects from that.

Annual flue shots are only between 40 to 60% effective, and the annual influenza has claimed more Aussies than this virus. One State alone, WA, had more deaths from the flu in 2019 than what the Nattional total from this virus is at the moment.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
User avatar
trekin
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 678
Queensland

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by marksman » 01 Aug 2020, 4:07 pm

Bill wrote:marksman do you not get the bit that family members are more likely to physically contact one another.

In NSW we've had outbreaks related to funerals where you guess it ****** are hugging and kissing and ignoring all social distancing.

Vic Liberals asking for Federal intervention is laughable and a dangerous direction to head in.


as usual Bill you must be right :?

what l said was "there's no logic in the double standard of no home visitors but go and have a party at the park, restaurant ect.... :roll: its a political stunt :wtf:"

of course you would be having a party with people at the park, restaurant ect... that you are not related to or personally know would you :shock: you know the people you would not greet with a hug or a kiss :roll: the ones you would not ignore the social distancing rules with would you Bill :wtf:

of course there is no double standard is there Bill :lol: :lol: :lol:
not at home but its ok in the park ;) that's logical :drinks:

you guys in NSW need to stop being so selfish mate, you better take one for the team and stop going to funerals hugging and kissing grieving relatives
how selfish of you guys, you gotta start thinking about the team :lol: and they probably had more than the 100 they are limited to as well :sarcasm:
remember the one person per four square meter rule :thumbsup: just dont have funerals and stay at home :roll:

and federal intervention would have had proper lock down of the hotels for returned travelers you have blamed in the past for the major spread of the CCP virus after the BLM march that Dandemic allowed, dont you think Bill :thumbsup: ;)

hey Bill you know exactly what l'm thinking but l am not saying it am l :crazy: :lol:

what l am also a bit unsure of is if you cant touch your parcels from australia post because the CCP virus lasts for 48 hours on cardboard why can you go and buy a coffee in a cardboard cup but you are safe :unknown:
anyone any idea's :unknown:
Last edited by marksman on 01 Aug 2020, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
User avatar
marksman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 3211
Victoria

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by marksman » 01 Aug 2020, 4:18 pm

"Annual flue shots are only between 40 to 60% effective, and the annual influenza has claimed more Aussies than this virus. One State alone, WA, had more deaths from the flu in 2019 than what the Nattional total from this virus is at the moment."

what l read somewhere was that since the BLM march there has not been a single case recorded of influenza in aged care facilities in Victoria :unknown:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
User avatar
marksman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 3211
Victoria

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by marksman » 01 Aug 2020, 4:29 pm

Oldbloke wrote:All those having a winge about sitting at home. If you get your way I hope your parents survive.

If not you really will have something to cry about.


the winge is not about staying at home its about the double standard, how is it going to work that you are not allowed to have visitors at home but have the same visitors and can go the the park, restaurant ect... :unknown: l hope you are understanding what l am saying

l personally do not know anyone who has been fined or is deliberately doing the wrong thing, quite the reverse :shock:
l do know a lot of people who think if you are going to do it just do it and properly :thumbsup: no double standards :thumbsdown:
why drag it out, Dandemic is doing a great job at playing the blame game, he has not yet once taken responsibility for anything :roll:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
User avatar
marksman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 3211
Victoria

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by marksman » 01 Aug 2020, 4:52 pm

JimmyS wrote:
Bill wrote:Chuck its been pretty obviously that more people have ignored the science and not enough was done by the feds and the private sector.

You either follow the best advice on offer or suffer the consequences. Not interested in your virtual whatever, I like reality.


This is another thing that I have never quite understood - why is is the private sectors job to look after us? They are a business. Turnover declines, they make no money, they close down, everyone is out a job.

Hell, most modern business' operate on a very tight margin, hence why so many companies have failed, and just fallen over.

Reality doesn't make it right.

People bend over so easy in this country - pardon the vulgarity.


for an example in aged care, it does not matter if its private, state or federally funded they all fudge the ACFI (aged care funding Instrument) to make the residents look like they are more incapacitated, disabled or cognitively impaired than what they actually are. This is done because as a resident reaches a high level of care, they never fluctuate from that level of funding, each level of care needs according to ACFI has a "dollar a day" amount. So the aged care provider has a set person doing the ACFI solely to obtain the highest level that the facility can then rely on as permanent funding.

to answer your question as to why the private sector is looking after us? well aged care is private but the problem is that aged care is in the accommodation sector not in healthcare sector therefore it is not governed or moderated by the same laws and legislation that a hospital or doctors surgery would be, this is only about that famous five letter word MONEY

shares are very hard to get in the aged care share market, apparently its a cash cow with a line up of people wanting shares
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
User avatar
marksman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 3211
Victoria

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by boingk » 01 Aug 2020, 9:07 pm

Its another version of the flu. Thats it. Yes, a lot of people will die from it. No, no more than any other flu season.

I'd say the fact we are coping so relatively well compared to the rest of the world is a testament to our base level of healthcare more than anything else.

Bring it on. Let's get this s**t out of hand already and be done with it. Herd immunity for the win.

- boingk
Long time shooter, beginner reloader.
boingk
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 109
New South Wales

Next

Back to top
 
Return to Media and politics