supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: supposedly we are "rolling with the punches"

Post by Oldbloke » 14 Aug 2020, 11:35 am

I think the numbers speak themselves
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 14 Aug 2020, 2:13 pm

I didn't think it was possible for CNN to get any dumber but it shows that sheeple need to clean their glasses
nobody could believe this deception :lol: media is overwhelmingly bias and cannot be trusted :shock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53CevJLxZm4

but back to topic

“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 14 Aug 2020, 6:39 pm

A Hopkins.jpg
A Hopkins.jpg (32.36 KiB) Viewed 3271 times
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 14 Aug 2020, 7:07 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
A Hopkins.jpg

wise words OB :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 14 Aug 2020, 10:47 pm

:drinks:
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by eddievic » 15 Aug 2020, 6:00 am

Yep it never went away... that's the interesting part about this virus, its very good at hiding. i heard they found traces of it in sewerage as far back as august last year in europe. apparently they store samples of sewerage.

As far as PPE in US. Maybe your state is lucky wararoo. But i have family and friends in the US, and a couple in the health sector who are in different states, both told me their hospitals have continuously have chronic shortages of PPE, many are BYO from their own pockets. They have also told me they know tens of colleagues (not just at their hospitals) that have caught the virus.

Anyway though its obvious the leadership in the US, was out playing golf while the health system is crumbling and people dying.

Thanks
117, 22lr, 223, 243, 264, 308, 338, 416, 20g 12g

Soo many, but not enough
eddievic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 15 Aug 2020, 12:01 pm

eddievic wrote:Yep it never went away... that's the interesting part about this virus, its very good at hiding. i heard they found traces of it in sewerage as far back as august last year in europe. apparently they store samples of sewerage.

As far as PPE in US. Maybe your state is lucky wararoo. But i have family and friends in the US, and a couple in the health sector who are in different states, both told me their hospitals have continuously have chronic shortages of PPE, many are BYO from their own pockets. They have also told me they know tens of colleagues (not just at their hospitals) that have caught the virus.

Anyway though its obvious the leadership in the US, was out playing golf while the health system is crumbling and people dying.

Thanks

l dont doubt what you are saying

" their hospitals have continuously have chronic shortages of PPE, many are BYO from their own pockets"

l do wonder if its for the same reasons we have had here eg... many Australian healthcare workers BYO PPE because the PPE given to them is substandard and held back, l know first hand the aged care sector as well as disability services area is not handing out the PPE but has plenty of it in stock
its not a priority and is treated like an annoyance by the company's, should the focus really be on the workplaces :unknown:

there is a standard made for masks that is what is recommended by the government but then you have Denial Andrews telling us to wear a scarf :lol:

“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 15 Aug 2020, 12:37 pm

Imagine my horror as Adern who is touted as the poster child is now putting in stage 3 restrictions into Auckland rather than a full stage 4 like before with curfew in Melbourne with only 4 , now 50 cases and blaming it on a frozen chicken wing.

So if just one frozen product can cause 50 asymptomatic carriers then it make a real mockery that any type of lockdown is worthwhile even in the short term. The issue is the virus is contagious, long lasting in the right environment and carriers are asymptomatic. The death rate is between 0.8 and 0.3% so any action is almost futile and will cause more problems than it solves.

If was Ebola where in 48 hours you are bleeding out of every orifice and have about 50% mortality rate then maybe you could justify it but no or mild flu symptoms after 2 weeks you certainly cannot.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 15 Aug 2020, 1:27 pm

Isn’t it a bit of a worry - that we are this far into this mess and we still don’t have a bloody clue in regards to even basic properties - like contagion properties etc ?
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by mchughcb » 15 Aug 2020, 2:12 pm

Yes its a huge worry. I don't wish death on anybody and Adern has painted herself into a corner by luck. And moron's paint her as the poster child for her response for a virus that now has infected the entire world. Learning to live with the disease is like trying to learn to live with ever other human condition.

A mate called from WA today because he's off to the footy. I said what are you going to do when the virus hits Perth. Are you going for a full lockdown or deal with it? He said he doesn't know and can't deal with it. Well every virtue signally state premier better start working out what the plan is when it hits.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by eddievic » 15 Aug 2020, 2:34 pm

As i said its bugger... but its new, we are learning new things.

I am just gona laugh if WA get a case or two... they been too smug.

Marksman, you are possibly right there mate. Many of their hospitals run for profit.
117, 22lr, 223, 243, 264, 308, 338, 416, 20g 12g

Soo many, but not enough
eddievic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Ziege » 15 Aug 2020, 3:18 pm

new polls show us WA legends will be stoked if the rest of you stayed on your side of the line permanently. dont actually need anything at all from the east as far as basic necessities, we have mountains of agriculture and resources... so yeah stop stealing off us and stay in ya boxes.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by bigrich » 15 Aug 2020, 6:49 pm

Ziege wrote:new polls show us WA legends will be stoked if the rest of you stayed on your side of the line permanently. dont actually need anything at all from the east as far as basic necessities, we have mountains of agriculture and resources... so yeah stop stealing off us and stay in ya boxes.

:lol: the way twiggy forest and the WA premier is selling their state off to the chinese i hope they do keep the border closed . i think leftism is a disease that should be isolated and they can keep their crap gun laws too :P

JMHO :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Skinna » 15 Aug 2020, 7:41 pm

bigrich wrote:
Ziege wrote:new polls show us WA legends will be stoked if the rest of you stayed on your side of the line permanently. dont actually need anything at all from the east as far as basic necessities, we have mountains of agriculture and resources... so yeah stop stealing off us and stay in ya boxes.

:lol: the way twiggy forest and the WA premier is selling their state off to the chinese i hope they do keep the border closed . i think leftism is a disease that should be isolated and they can keep their crap gun laws too :P

JMHO :thumbsup:

:lol: touché :thumbsup:

So lets hope youve got a good stock of burn cream as well :lol:
Skinna
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by mchughcb » 16 Aug 2020, 12:10 am

Guess nobody will ever go to Bali again eh?
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Ziege » 16 Aug 2020, 1:33 am

if you honestly think west aussies are left wing mate, I sincerely hope you're not in NSW or VIC otherwise that's the carbon/charcoal kettle calling the brand new polished stainless pot, black.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by wanneroo » 16 Aug 2020, 5:50 am

mchughcb wrote:If was Ebola where in 48 hours you are bleeding out of every orifice and have about 50% mortality rate then maybe you could justify it but no or mild flu symptoms after 2 weeks you certainly cannot.

I think you summed it up right there.

Especially now that we have the data that it's the old and sick that struggle with it while the average person and child it's a cold to them, the heavy handed totalitarian response of quarantining healthy people is disproportionate to the actual problem. Yes if it was some ebola herpes AIDS flu where it affected everyone and half the population was gonna die out then that's a different story. To me a lot of big government creeps are using this to further their power and control, the virus is like global warming, racism, sexism, etc. The oligarchs use this sort of stuff to convince the average guy out there that when their freedom gets taken away it's because of the virus or it's to save the planet or whatever. Even in the firearms world when the government says you can only have this type of rifle, this type of magazine, you gotta do this or that bureaucratic crap, it's really about stripping your freedoms away, but many people are gullible enough to buy into "yes, yes we are saving people and stopping crime".

Hopefully this virus event wakes up a lot of people to the calamities government and media create where your freedoms get stripped all in the name of saving this or that and it wakes them up to how many people that buy into whatever media or government says is golden and if they just do what they are told they will be safe.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by bigrich » 16 Aug 2020, 6:38 am

Ziege wrote:if you honestly think west aussies are left wing mate, I sincerely hope you're not in NSW or VIC otherwise that's the carbon/charcoal kettle calling the brand new polished stainless pot, black.

nah, queenslander mate :D

don't take me too seriously ziege , i'm a bit of a joker :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by mchughcb » 16 Aug 2020, 10:41 am

Ziege wrote:if you honestly think west aussies are left wing mate, I sincerely hope you're not in NSW or VIC otherwise that's the carbon/charcoal kettle calling the brand new polished stainless pot, black.

Did the majority vote McGowan in? Then I'd say yes they are. :roll:
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Flyer » 16 Aug 2020, 2:11 pm

mchughcb wrote:

Did the majority vote McGowan in? Then I'd say yes they are. :roll:

How do you figure that? It's not left or right wing voters who decide elections, it's swing voters and centrists.
The laws of physics do not apply to politics.
Flyer
Corporal
Corporal

-

Post by mchughcb » 16 Aug 2020, 3:08 pm

By the powers of Grey Skull Dan Andrews just extended the state of emergency another 4 weeks.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 16 Aug 2020, 3:16 pm

mchughcb wrote:By the powers of Grey Skull Dan Andrews just extended the state of emergency another 4 weeks.

so who's skelator , Gladys Berejiklian :lol: :lol: :lol:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Ziege » 16 Aug 2020, 4:01 pm

bigrich wrote:
mchughcb wrote:By the powers of Grey Skull Dan Andrews just extended the state of emergency another 4 weeks.

I think Jacinda Adern takes that one appearance and aesthetics
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by bigrich » 16 Aug 2020, 6:18 pm

Ziege wrote:
bigrich wrote:

I think Jacinda Adern takes that one appearance and aesthetics

yeah, i think that's a better fit :lol: :lol: i think scomo's a bit too beefy to be "man-at-arms" :lol: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by mchughcb » 16 Aug 2020, 6:34 pm

mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 16 Aug 2020, 6:39 pm

mchughcb wrote:https://youtu.be/ZZ5LpwO-An4

mate , that's just really freakin bizzar :lol: :lol: :lol: there's some strange scary stuff in the dark corners of the web ........... :wtf:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by mchughcb » 16 Aug 2020, 7:09 pm

171 million views on Youtube. Guess He-Man was popular, even with the camp innuendo.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by marksman » 16 Aug 2020, 7:30 pm

mchughcb wrote:https://youtu.be/ZZ5LpwO-An4

a crackup chuck :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the progressive millennial :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 16 Aug 2020, 10:33 pm

So what's going on. The UK have a 1000 new cases a day and only 12 deaths per day. They are opening up again and people can go to pubs, restaurants and I heard football matches?
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 16 Aug 2020, 11:53 pm

mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms related media and politics